IGNORED

Jana's Future 4 - Family Ties

choralcrusader8613

3 hours ago, KimJongJimBob said:

I don't think they're subjected to an onslaught of gynecological testing the second they hit adulthood, but there are plenty of conditions that prohibit women from being fertile. 

OK, let's say for the sake of argument that Jana has a condition known to herself and her family that would prevent her from becoming pregnant, which I don't find plausible but let's pretend it's real.  Does her family and others like them believe that a woman shouldn't marry if she can't have children?  I don't remember any discussion of this.  I'm sure there are people a lot more knowledgeable about fundamentalism on here who might know. Would her family simply not allow her to get to know anyone or would she be able to talk to someone and then disclose this information at the right time (like Josh supposedly revealed his sins to Anna at some point.)  There are men who would reject her but there are also those for whom this would not be a deal breaker I imagine as there are in the greater population. There are also widowers or divorcees with children for whom this would probably not be a big issue and in fact would be secretly relieved. I just don't see infertility as a condition that would close all doors to marriage, even in their cult. 

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's fertility-related.

I don't think it's that she's more devout.

I don't think it's because she's shy.

I don't think it's because of her sexual orientation (whatever that may be - NOT speculating).

I do think it's because she is in love with someone. This someone is either:  already married, already courting, not JimBoob's "type," or someone else equally off-limits from general social mores.

7 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I don't think it's fertility-related.

I don't think it's that she's more devout.

I don't think it's because she's shy.

I don't think it's because of her sexual orientation (whatever that may be - NOT speculating).

I do think it's because she is in love with someone. This someone is either:  already married, already courting, not JimBoob's "type," or someone else equally off-limits from general social mores.

Someone like Frank SUn? 

20 hours ago, snickers34 said:

I wonder if they've brought in another fundie SAHD to replace Tabitha/help out? Seems there are plenty around who would love to move in with them for an extended period of time.

There's a certain singin' family in West Virginia that would absolutely LOVE to offer one up! 

29 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Does her family and others like them believe that a woman shouldn't marry if she can't have children?  

Their entire lives, these girls have been primed for wife and motherhood. And throughout, they have been beaten down with the "be fruitful and multiply" mantra, so knowing that someone couldn't "multiply" would not only change their prospects, but I'd imagine drastically alter their own self-worth.

TBH, I think the type of guy JB would approve of would place a great emphasis on fatherhood. I think that if she were already married and having fertility issues, the discussion would be different (i.e. Chad and Erin), but I imagine if there are issues on that front, Jana would be upfront. In mainstream society I don't think it would be a deal breaker with most men, but in fundieland, if it's the issue, I worry she may never leave the TTH.

Erin Paine does NOT have "fertility problems."  Erin has a clotting disorder that causes serious difficulty in her successfully carrying pregnancies to term.

22 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Someone like Frank SUn?

I don't know who this is?!?!

Can you imagine the guys who are TRYING to become part of that family?  My dh said there's no way he could want to join in on crazy like that....and to be splayed all over tv and news articles.  It takes a certain kind of person, and I don't think that kind of person is someone who interests Jana.  And she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would WANT the introspection into her relationship.  IF she IS an introvert (which I suspect), most likely she will want her private moments to stay private....not on display thru tv-world.  

I'd love it of she could get her way (one day), and just do her life off camera.  Meet and court and marry a man without the tv following her.  Quietly.  Sanely.  Her father won't have any of that though.  I do wish she was out of the house and on her own.  

8 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Erin Paine does NOT have "fertility problems."  Erin has a clotting disorder that causes serious difficulty in her successfully carrying pregnancies to term.

You're right. I should have been clearer with what I meant. 

8 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I don't know who this is?!?!

Camera man who worked on the show long ago.

IMG_7559.jpg

I do think it is interesting that all the Duggar girls targeted by Josh were quick to get out the house and are now all married, and Jana is the lone adult sister still in the home. 

Either way, I don't give a fig.

Just gonna chime in that some autoimmune disorders can also cause luteal phase and progesterone issues.

I wonder if Jana reads here. I don't know how it must feel to be on tv because your parents mass produced and to have people making assumptions or even thinking about my fertility.  I'm the same age as her and single as well. I think it's easy and kind of okay to make assertions that she is introverted or shy but to go into her fertility (or other private subjects), I just think that's wrong. 

39 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I wonder if Jana reads here. I don't know how it must feel to be on tv because your parents mass produced and to have people making assumptions or even thinking about my fertility.  I'm the same age as her and single as well. I think it's easy and kind of okay to make assertions that she is introverted or shy but to go into her fertility (or other private subjects), I just think that's wrong. 

I agree. Her parents are famous for having too many kids. Not Jana. If she marries and if she discusses wanting eleventy kids, then her fertility is open to speculation because she put it out there. But until then, it just seems like crossing a line to discuss it.

Are we going to start diagnosing Jana with fertility problems now because she's 27 and single? Really? Really?

I've seen people go down some weird and outrageous speculation paths here, but this has got to be hands down one of the weirdest, most subtly sexist, and fucked up trains of wild speculation I've ever seen. Can we stop this train before it leaves the station? Please? Do we want the tabloids reporting about Jana's tragic autoimmune issue that has robbed her of her precious fertility and God-ordained role as a wife and mother? Based on literally nothing but that fact that she, like millions of other healthy and normal young women, is not married?

She's 27. She's single. Just stop.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Are we going to start diagnosing Jana with fertility problems now because she's 27 and single? Really? Really?

<snip>

She's 27. She's single. Just stop.

Sadly, the up-vote button disappeared after I hit it the first time, or I'd spend the rest of the day clicking on it.

Leave Jana's uterus alone. Just stop.

Also, Jim Bob doesn't love anyone but himself, he would sell his daughters if it means that could save his life.

This might be time for me to plead don't make me go reread the rules about different kinds of speculation for those kidults still at home. 

30 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I've seen people go down some weird and outrageous speculation paths here, but this has got to be hands down one of the weirdest, most subtly sexist, and fucked up trains of wild speculation I've ever seen.

This! Yes! Great response. I am 31 and still single is something wrong with me? I don't have fertility issues.

Jana is making this decision on her own to be single. Not because JB is slamming the patriarchy iron fist and forcing her to stay until the younger siblings grow up.

I honestly believe she's already been in a courtship or is in one. My perception is that she's reserved and does not need the public attention like the other girls do.

I guess it's more dramatic and entertaining if it has to do with her having fertility issues and not being desirable in the fundi community. But it's messed up to speculate she's damaged goods.

The type of comments that are on here is probably why Jana wouldn't want to be public about her dating life.

Just a thought.

If Jana hasn't met anyone she wants to court/marry, then she just hasn't. At least she isn't settling for a situation she doesn't want. Go Jana. 

I just watched this clip from counting on when Jana talks about Josh's infidelity. Skip to 1:45.
She talks about it changing her trust in people. This is more likely one of the reasons Jana is possibly still single.

How weird would it be if shitty Inquisitr picked up Jana's speculated fertility problem???? I mean I wouldn't doubt it since they obviously fucking read these threads. I don't just feel sorry for Jana because she is stuck in a room with her kid sisters, I feel sorry for her because rag gossip websites are always making up headlines about her. From "dating" Tim Tebow, being a house slave, courting any John-Dick-Larry 10 feet close to her, etc, it must be exhausting for her psyche.  I hope one day Jana can live her life outside of the spotlight--whether that's with a husband/kids or just being single.

7 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Does anyone remember the interview of a woman who was Quiverfull like the Duggars? She said that eldest daughters tend to get married later (or remain unmarried) because they have more responsibility to the family than their younger siblings. 

This may a factor in Jana's case, along with other factors. However, we will never know for certain. 

I've heard this, too, but have never found anything to back it up besides speculation.  If someone could find the interview being referenced, that would be much appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

I've heard this, too, but have never found anything to back it up besides speculation.  If someone could find the interview being referenced, that would be much appreciated.

I believe this is the interview being discussed....Kind of long but pretty informative since it comes from a first-hand source. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived