IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

Loved Allie's grin after Alyssa explained how when one goes down the other wakes up. Allie was so cute in tonight's episode.

Did Alyssa opened a can of peas and then pour them on Allie's plate?

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess I forgot about Ellie? She popped on the screen and I was like who are you?!

Also I was like :pb_surprised: when Tori was able to be *gasp* alone handing Bobby his bible.

Now I know Alyssa wearing pants means NOTHING but I was really surprised to see her wearing leggings (no skirt over them) and a tshirt on the show itself. I thought she kept that for Instagram. 

1) Tori and Bobby were holding hands and other PDA since he first appeared on the show before they started courting.

2) How could they have been alone with a camera crew filming them?

@FundiePrincess I would love to know any more details you have about this! That is a huge statement from a quiver full kid, even if they are "just" meaning NFP. If this were Jinger Duggar, for example, FJ would be in quite the tizzy! (They didn't come right out and say birth control, but if they're not "leaving it up to the Lord" or "welcoming any blessings He provides" or whatnot, that's certainly a telling statement. and on camera no less)

5 hours ago, FundiePrincess said:

Alyssa's scenes were pretty interesting in this episode. While she and John are discussing the challenges of both working odd hours outside the home and parenting 2 young children, Alyssa looks at John and says "we're gonna stay right at two kids for now." John nods in agreement.

Alyssa works outside the home? What does she do??

6 hours ago, neurogirl said:

And look who's in the background of Tori and Bobby's graduation celebrations! Pics 2-5, certainly not trying to hide it anymore! Is it time for them to have their own thread?

I guess is time for them since are officialy special friends also in the Lili and Elly's blog  

5 hours ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

Now I know Alyssa wearing pants means NOTHING but I was really surprised to see her wearing leggings (no skirt over them) and a tshirt on the show itself. I thought she kept that for Instagram. 

It was Whitney who said she wouldn't wear pants for filming. I didn't recall Alyssa ever saying anything.

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Alyssa works outside the home? What does she do??

She and John have the Johnny on the spot cleaning business. When he came home from his air conditioning job she left to go clean at a business client's. When she came home he left for another job. 

Alyssa has already somewhat referred o preventing in some way. I think she is the only one who says she wants "only six" kids, and when asked by her mom when she was going to have another after Allie she said "I want to wait until Allie is a little older." 

I remember in her wedding special she said she didn't know if she could handle 20 kids but would be willing to try. She probably did try seeing as how she got pregnant super fast after the wedding, but once she realized how hard it is to parent without a million sister moms around she started saying only six and spaced out. (paraphrasing). 

I think Allie and Lexi will be the closest age gap. I see her having her 6 kids spaced 3 years apart each. I think that is what her in-laws did which might be why it is appealing to her. She might want the big family but have a nice lifestyle as well. 

So do we think Josie (Oh my gosh she is so young!) will be officially courting before Carlin is or will Carlin go first?  And we know they've sent Trace, Nathan, and Lawson off to the Philippines which is generally how they meet their spouses (except it would seem with Carlin, Tori, and Josie..) What do we think the order will be here? 

And Alyssa was wearing leggings because it was the business uniform I think.  All of the women cleaning were in it.  

It is just amazing how their courtship train rolls. I am sure we are in for an official courtship for Carlin (which surely already has started IRL), a Christmas engagement for Tori and so on and so on. 

Wonder when the Bates' boys will start "working" for their tv show (meaning announce special friends etc.)?

Looking at this it feels like they only open up about it when it already happened and is about to go into the next step.

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

It is just amazing how their courtship train rolls. I am sure we are in for an official courtship for Carlin (which surely already has started IRL), a Christmas engagement for Tori and so on and so on. 

Wonder when the Bates' boys will start "working" for their tv show (meaning announce special friends etc.)?

Looking at this it feels like they only open up about it when it already happened and is about to go into the next step.

I agree--although it is totally unclear to me what Carlin's beau does for a living, other than preen for the camera. GIl doesn't have spare houses to stash new couples in, and UP, being a very minor tv network, doesn't pay as much as TLC does.

I predict that the Bates will have one engagement and one courtship announcement by the end of the year, with a 50/50 change that a male announces a "special friendship" as well.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, FundiePrincess said:

Alyssa's scenes were pretty interesting in this episode. While she and John are discussing the challenges of both working odd hours outside the home and parenting 2 young children, Alyssa looks at John and says "we're gonna stay right at two kids for now." John nods in agreement.

I haven't watched it yet, but I did see a promo that said something to the effect of "watch how John handles the kids all alone while Alyssa is gone!" I know it was a ratings grab, but Alyssa works. We've known this for a while. Why would anyone be under the impression that John doesn't have the kids by himself at least a few days a week so she can go do her job? It's so odd to me that the Bates culture and presentation makes that out to be a weird thing. Actually I think it's incredible that they run their schedule so they don't need childcare every day, that's no easy feat. 

It was really nice to see Alyssa's segment. If we didn't know about her beliefs I'd say that she was no fundie at all. Rushing to make dinner so she can run to her job while dad watches the kids. Then trade. I loved their comment about how they call it "party time" when the kids go to bed. Finally one of these people not saying "all children are a blessing! No matter the hour of the night!" 

Anyone else see the IG photos from their "medical mission"? I was wondering what the hell they'd be doing. Reading bible stories and taking pics with the kids it turns out. Like every other missioncation. 

It would not surprise me if Josie marries before her older sisters. I'm guessing she and Kelton are already courting. They just waited until her 18th birthday to reveal the relationship (well almost).

54 minutes ago, JMO said:

Anyone else see the IG photos from their "medical mission"? I was wondering what the hell they'd be doing. Reading bible stories and taking pics with the kids it turns out. Like every other missioncation. 

You forgot wearing scrubs and masks! Hey Carlin, what's that thing around your neck called and do you know how to use it?! :my_dodgy:

I had to look up Josie's birthday, I thought she was still sixteen but it looks like she must have been seventeen and just turned 18 on her birthday several days ago.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, FundiePrincess said:

So Alyssa is working in a real job and is obviously on birth control. Some people said pants were not an evidence of she going fundie lite, but I think she's clearly designing her own life, not following Gothardite rules. 

So I still have a hope for her kids going to school. I know she said she wanted to homeschool but still, kids at school means a lot of time to work. Or time to clean the house. Or even alone time Alyssa loves so much. If only they had some no-homeschooling friends, it would be easier.

If Alyssa is open about having few kids, it.will be easier for other Bates to do the same. I wonder what does Michael think about It. Would she thought her sister is a sinner? And what about Kelly, do you think she wants her children have big families or is she able to understand that there are other godly ways to live?

She's not 'obviously on birth control'. They could be using NFP, abstaining, or they might even honestly believe that if they pray enough about it God will honour their wish to delay pregnancy.

7 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

I just a recap of the Facebook live chat the Bates did at the Balka's home http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/164060535039/since-i-cant-watch-the-episodes-i-am-very-thankful

Josie only has one semester left and Kelton has already graduated, so I think they could be married before Tori and Bobby.

But, they are still in the special friend section. I believe that Josie will marry a little bit later. But, you never know.

16 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

She and John have the Johnny on the spot cleaning business. When he came home from his air conditioning job she left to go clean at a business client's. When she came home he left for another job. 

I liked that they show this. It's the true reality of what their lifestyle gets you. They're scrambling to make money and working around the clock. Not sitting back eating bon bons while their older kids parent the younger ones.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived