IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

Just watched episode on DVR, 

It's great that the fireman came to the home to teach fire safety and its great that the Bates raised money for the fire department.

My snark is that the root causes of the fire, which  was UNSUPERVISED pre school, kindergarten age children and allowing those children to access  matches/lighter (can't remember what they were playing with). 

The education needs to be that Gil & Kelly Jo  SUPERVISE their children and lock-up objects that are unsafe for children to play with, like matches, lighters, guns, knives etc.   

I loved the front hug greeting between the "special friends" couple.  Way to go Bates Girl.   I can't stand Bates' girls screaming and screeching.  The Bates family should be called the LOUD family.  

I am generally not a fan  of Erin Paine, due to the Gothard B'Day cake at her wedding (hope that was her parents idea) and her comment about Green haired kids. I do admire Erin & Chad's  desire to buy a classic fixer upper.  If I had the skill set or the funds to pay someone to renovate one of those old style farm houses on a beautiful piece of properly I'd do it.  

I do like that Erin & Chad appear to be fiscally separate from Mom & Dad, whereas most of the  Dugger kid-adults, all seem to be financially dependent on the Boob, for housing & jobs. Erin seems to have hit the fundy husband jack pot.   I can't find much to snark on about Chad.  Really surprised that Chad comes from t he Paine family given the marriage of their 31 yrs old or so daughter to a mid 40s yr old who has had anal sex with a prostitute.  Hope he was tested for STDs.  Perhaps the girl's  fundy baby clock making window was a ticking and she settled.  Hope the same fate doesn't happen to Jana Dugger.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

Really surprised that Chad comes from t he Paine family given the marriage of their 31 yrs old or so daughter to a mid 40s yr old who has had anal sex with a prostitute.  Hope he was tested for STDs.  Perhaps the girl's  fundy baby clock making window was a ticking and she settled.  Hope the same fate doesn't happen to Jana Dugger.

I'm sorry to be "that person" but Timothy Robertson did not have "anal sex with a prostitute." He is a predator who raped a woman who, unrelatedly and irrelevantly, happened to have worked at a strip club (and was POSSIBLY a sex worker but only by his own account--again, not that that matters).

47 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

I do like that Erin & Chad appear to be fiscally separate from Mom & Dad, whereas most of the  Dugger kid-adults, all seem to be financially dependent on the Boob, for housing & jobs. Erin seems to have hit the fundy husband jack pot.   I can't find much to snark on about Chad. 

I think there was likely little choice in the girls having to find fiscally separate guys.  Correct me if I'm wrong but until very recently wasn't Gil broke? To the point of having to borrow money from Lawson? 

1 hour ago, SayWhat said:

The Bates family should be called the LOUD family.

It's funny that you mention this because there's this cartoon on Nickelodeon called The Loud House. It's about the Loud family. That's actually their last name. They have 11 kids, 10 girls and 1 boy. All their names start with the letter L. The main character is the only boy, whose name is Lincoln. He's 11 and is right in the middle of the birth order, with 5 older sisters and 5 younger. His sisters' names, from oldest to youngest, are Lori (17), Leni (16), Luna (15), Luan (14), Lynn (13), Lucy (8), Lana (6), Lola (also 6, they're twins), Lisa (4), and Lily (1). Each sister has a unique personality from one another.

The show is mainly about Lincoln dealing with having so many sisters. He has a best friend named Clyde. Fun fact: Clyde has 2 dads. Also, one of the sisters has been shown to have a crush on another girl. I think these facts alone will make it so that no fundies let their kids see it.

My 7 year old sister told me about it and I checked it out. It's a cute little show. I think is great that there's LGBT representation in kid's programming lately. It gives kids who actually have gay parents something to connect to. The best part is that they don't make a big deal about it on the show.

5 hours ago, SayWhat said:

Really surprised that Chad comes from t he Paine family given the marriage of their 31 yrs old or so daughter to a mid 40s yr old who has had anal sex with a prostitute.  Hope he was tested for STDs. 

Seriously? He raped his roommate. He swears that "she worked at a strip club" (as if that makes everything better because she "deserved it" somehow) but we have no idea if she was a sex worker or not.

12 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Seriously? He raped his roommate. He swears that "she worked at a strip club" (as if that makes everything better because she "deserved it" somehow) but we have no idea if she was a sex worker or not.

Exactly--rape is not sex, and if anyone was "spreading STDs" it would likely be a sexual predator rather than his victim (or, for that matter, someone who worked in the sex industry--they tend to get tested extremely often).

On 7/22/2017 at 4:26 PM, BeccaGrim said:

I think there was likely little choice in the girls having to find fiscally separate guys.  Correct me if I'm wrong but until very recently wasn't Gil broke? To the point of having to borrow money from Lawson? 

Yep, they called him the "Bank of Lawson" and it was covered I think on United Bates of America but I'm not sure. Might have been an early 19KAC. Again, I can't say for sure but they definitely were borrowing money from Lawson to cover their bills. 

11 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yep, they called him the "Bank of Lawson" and it was covered I think on United Bates of America but I'm not sure. Might have been an early 19KAC. Again, I can't say for sure but they definitely were borrowing money from Lawson to cover their bills. 

Yeah. It's one reason I have a degree of sympathy and respect for Lawson despite his irritating famewhoring tendencies. I'd be a bit egocentric too if my parents had lived off of my business when I was 19 or whatever he was.

It looks like the Josie + kelton Balka situation is real.. this is the description for the 10th of august episode. It says it was Bobby's graduation party so it was around early may

i guess all of the chaperone visits to Florida with tori paid off (?)

im kinda uncomfortable about her maybe having a special friend to she's 17 :my_exclamation:

IMG_1550.PNG

On 24/07/2017 at 5:28 AM, Carm_88 said:

How did Lawson have enough money to pay bills for lawn mowing but Gil didn't from tree lopping? That is the part I find really confusing because in Australia lawn mowing is pretty cheap but tree lopping is thousands of dollars for every job. Did Gil just not work that often? 

The way I heard it in the episode was Lawson would loan Gil the money to buy a grocery trip now and then when Gil was waiting for payment from one or more tree jobs. 

11 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

The way I heard it in the episode was Lawson would loan Gil the money to buy a grocery trip now and then when Gil was waiting for payment from one or more tree jobs. 

This is one of the downsides of being self- employed. My dad is a mechanic and he would utilize a credit card for car parts. There are some customers that pay right when they get the bill, however, there are some people that can't even afford to drive their car let alone get it fixed. My dad actually started saying no to people he knew would not pay.

On 7/28/2017 at 1:12 AM, Coconut Flan said:

Yeah I think that is how they described it in early interviews before they got their own tv show too. They said they were debt free except for Lawson who they owed money too. 

Lawson did seem to work his ass off. In one early blog post on their original, more realistic blog, Kelly talks about their daily schedule and Gil kept weird hours when he would work. He didn't leave for work till afternoon and got home for dinner. We have had trees cut at our house and those guys showed up early and worked all day. If Gil would only work afternoons then it would really cut down on his job opportunities. 

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

In one early blog post on their original, more realistic blog, Kelly talks about their daily schedule and Gil kept weird hours when he would work. He didn't leave for work till afternoon and got home for dinner. 

What excuse was there for Gil to only work a few hours a day, and still be back in time for dinner?  That doesn't sound right for a guy who, along with his wife, was working hard to have as many children as possible before the Godly womb dried up.

On 7/27/2017 at 10:09 PM, VBOY9977 said:

It looks like the Josie + kelton Balka situation is real.. this is the description for the 10th of august episode. It says it was Bobby's graduation party so it was around early may

i guess all of the chaperone visits to Florida with tori paid off (?)

im kinda uncomfortable about her maybe having a special friend to she's 17 :my_exclamation:

IMG_1550.PNG

How old was Alyssa when she got to know John?

3 hours ago, Flossie said:

What excuse was there for Gil to only work a few hours a day, and still be back in time for dinner?  

I don't think it was ever explained, It was just part of their daily schedule. Gil and Kelly are lazy except in the area of grifting. Their finances back before the show were a total mystery. Lawson was working to keep food on the table, they relied on people to give them clothing and shoes for the kids, yet Gil and Kelly would always have the money to go on little couple vacations. They remind me a lot of Jill and David Rodriguez. No money for stuff for the kids but always money for stuff for the parents. 

2 hours ago, melon said:

Josie will be 18 the end of this week.I think Alyssa was about the same age.

Josie reminds me of Alyssa. It wouldn't at all surprise me if she gets courting with this guy, married, and out of there into Florida. Whereas it seems, from the show, Tori is dragging Bobby to Tennessee. 

5 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Josie reminds me of Alyssa. It wouldn't at all surprise me if she gets courting with this guy, married, and out of there into Florida. Whereas it seems, from the show, Tori is dragging Bobby to Tennessee. 

Kelton lives in Knoxville, Tennessee.

They could have three girls married off in very short order - this spring depending on Josies commitment to school. Would she have another year? If she finishes that is. 

Just now, JoyJoy said:

Kelton lives in Knoxville, Tennessee.

I thought they said he was Bobbi's long time friend. I am sorry. My bad. 

1 minute ago, BeccaGrim said:

I thought they said he was Bobbi's long time friend. I am sorry. My bad. 

Yes, they're friends. They went to the same college in Florida.

Just now, JoyJoy said:

Yes, they're friends. They went to the same college in Florida.

Sorry!

34 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Sorry!

You don't have to apologize :smile:

42 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

They could have three girls married off in very short order - this spring depending on Josies commitment to school. Would she have another year? If she finishes that is. 

Carlin and Evan in early '18, Tori and Bobby in the summer and Josie and Kelton in the fall or winter? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived