IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

Where do Alyssa and Whitney get this "please stay little" schmaltz from? Is it an insta-mommy thing? I feel like they're always posting stuff like that.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Where do Alyssa and Whitney get this "please stay little" schmaltz from? Is it an insta-mommy thing? I feel like they're always posting stuff like that.

I just don't understand why you would want an infant forever? What's the appeal of an eternity of pooey nappies and milk vomit? I don't have kids but I would have thought that the fun part is when they are independent. My mum has always said that she loves having adult children. 

2 hours ago, FeministFunPolice said:

I just don't understand why you would want an infant forever?

Because if you still have an infant no one is going to question you on when the next one will be making an appearance. 

39 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Because if you still have an infant no one is going to question you on when the next one will be making an appearance. 

That is a dark truth. 

4 hours ago, Bethella said:

It's funny 'cause it's true!

23 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

How old was Alyssa when she got to know John?

Alyssa turned 19 within a few days of accepting John's courtship proposal (early November.) Kelly had stated previously that they almost decided to skip the courtship phase and go straight to engagement, but they changed their minds. They married six months later (May 2014) and her first pregnancy was publicly announced in January 2015 - after she was already 20. 

I don't know specifically when they first started to get to know one another - but they appear to have met during one of his father's congressional campaigns (Alyssa was apparently interested in politics and volunteered.) So I would bet they met sometime in early 2013 abd likely started getting to know each other around that time. 

If Josie does end up courting Kelton, I think it'll either be a longer courtship or a longer getting to know you period. She'll be 18 this month, so technically everyone would be legal adults... so I could be wrong and they could be married pretty fast. I would hope she'd finish her cosmetology program first though since that seems to be something she's good at and would help generate income for a family.

11 hours ago, FeministFunPolice said:

I just don't understand why you would want an infant forever? What's the appeal of an eternity of pooey nappies and milk vomit? I don't have kids but I would have thought that the fun part is when they are independent. My mum has always said that she loves having adult children. 

I get it to a very limited extent. Husband and I get nostalgic looking at photos of our daughter. She's almost 8 months old now, but she's gotten a lot bigger (thanks to her being a 5 pound preemie!) and we get a little emotional thinking of how far she's come. 

That said, we don't want her to stay little forever. We're looking forward to enjoying each stage of her life as it happens. 

(But I am starting to get second baby fever a little bit... :pb_lol:)

I totally get every once a while saying I wish you stayed little forever ( I do that with the family I babysit for cause I've been with them for 4ish years now) but on the other hand I'm super excited when the kids are growing up to see what type f person they'll be. I'm also surprised with fundies saying it because wouldn't they be popping out babies every so often anyway?

21 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Lexi Mae is 6 months old.

I think she looks more like Alyssa while Alli looks like John

On 7/31/2017 at 10:39 AM, formergothardite said:

Lawson did seem to work his ass off. In one early blog post on their original, more realistic blog, Kelly talks about their daily schedule and Gil kept weird hours when he would work. He didn't leave for work till afternoon and got home for dinner. We have had trees cut at our house and those guys showed up early and worked all day. If Gil would only work afternoons then it would really cut down on his job opportunities. 

I don't get that, either. I used to live in East TN, and the tree people we used were always incredibly busy thanks to the Pine Borer Beetle, which cheerfully wiped out everyone's pine trees back in the late nineties and early aughts. My mother spent several thousand dollars having dead pine trees removed from the yard-- apparently, if a dead tree falls on your house, homeowner's insurance won't cover the damage because removing dead trees is part of home maintenance (or something). The tree people got to the house at the crack of dawn, as well, as I recall. 

I never quite figured out how they managed to be so broke despite tree work being so lucrative. Only working three hours a day would explain it. 

13 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I think she looks more like Alyssa while Alli looks like John

It's funny you say that. I remember someone posted a photo rom Kelly's blog of one of the younger Bates daughter's (Addie or Ellie?) were Alli looked almost identical. 

Lexi definitely has her dad's hair colour, but that's all I can see so far!

About the most recent episode. Kelly, your sons want to take you out to eat for Mother's Day. Instead of graciously accepting, you harp on their manners? WTF??? If your kids lack manners, it's your fault. You couldn't tear yourself away from baby making long enough to teach them. Fuck you, you stupid bitch!

I thought that was so weird! @RosyDaisy like I think it was more of another plot line but they were between the ages of 12-15, and still had to be reminder of their manners?

It looks like it was the same restaurant that they all took Ashley and Anastasia to. The entire date was definitely a plot line.

8 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

About the most recent episode. Kelly, your sons want to take you out to eat for Mother's Day. Instead of graciously accepting, you harp on their manners? WTF??? If your kids lack manners, it's your fault. You couldn't tear yourself away from baby making long enough to teach them. Fuck you, you stupid bitch!

File under "Reasons Kelly is a Lousy Mother."

By the age of 10, kids know how to mind their manners. Especially Southerners. We are taught from birth. My sister and I were.

On 7/31/2017 at 11:15 PM, FeministFunPolice said:

I love my children so much. And I was seriously relieved when they started to get bigger. I loved them as babies, of course. But to not have to be entirely dependant on me for everything? That's a relief! IMO

I had a friend who wanted her youngest to remain a baby because he was her fourth and last child.She let him continue to have a bottle way past a year.And when he asked to go potty once,she told him to go in his pants.Not my business,but if they ask to go,then by all means take them!Sure,in a way,I felt a little sad or had mixed feelings but with my last child I was glad to be done with diapers or training pants.

My girls are 23, 19, and almost 16. I swear I dream about them as babies almost every night. I will wake up in tears. Blame it on hormones, perimenopause, sentimentality, whatever. I would love to go back to the days of little ones for a wee bit. 

Want to add- my girls are so great now too- I love watching them grow and do amazing things and turn into adults. But man yes i do miss baby days.

7 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

. But man yes i do miss baby days.

The great thing, one day (with three kids probably) there will be grandbabies. According to my mom, the perks of babies and without the responsibility of always being available and making them good humans. Just the fun parts, she thinks sleepless nights once in a while is fun and intimate, daily is horrible.

On 8/7/2017 at 11:42 PM, fluffernutter said:

My girls are 23, 19, and almost 16. I swear I dream about them as babies almost every night. I will wake up in tears. Blame it on hormones, perimenopause, sentimentality, whatever. I would love to go back to the days of little ones for a wee bit. 

Want to add- my girls are so great now too- I love watching them grow and do amazing things and turn into adults. But man yes i do miss baby days.

My kids are older too - 25, 23, 22, 20, and 17. I know this sounds so cliché but I feel like I blinked and my kids all grew up. I sometimes miss when they were little and I could pick them up and squeeze them. Or even just see them every day. 

And look who's in the background of Tori and Bobby's graduation celebrations! Pics 2-5, certainly not trying to hide it anymore! Is it time for them to have their own thread?

Alyssa's scenes were pretty interesting in this episode. While she and John are discussing the challenges of both working odd hours outside the home and parenting 2 young children, Alyssa looks at John and says "we're gonna stay right at two kids for now." John nods in agreement.

I'm not surprised necessarily that they're preventing, but I think this may be the first admission of pregnancy prevention by our televised quiverfull offspring.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived