IGNORED

Chad and Erin Paine: Goats and Other Things that Spit

choralcrusader8613

I have cried when reading Scripture or discussing Jesus, which sparked deep thoughts of what He did for me. But I'm a crier, I cry at everything. 

@VelociRapture I think you explained it very well. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I  do  cry  sometimes  at church  or even  during prayer.   It's  happiness and  gratitude  for what   Jesus  has don e for me.  Choked up thinking of how He  loves  me  unconditionally,  will  never  leave  nor forsake  me, etc. 

This is off topic, but I started 13 reasons why last night and is just me or does Clay look like a young version of Chad? 

Also, I'm Catholic and I've teared up in Mass, not full on cried, but teared up. 

I went to a living stations of the cross on Good Friday at my church. There were people who were very emotional, some even crying. 

I get why Erin would cry. When you think about it, they attribute everything that happens in their lives based upon their devotion, purity, etc. For Erin, she's been "rewarded" with her children, her husband, her family, her home, her income, everything really! She's got a fantastic life (even if it's within a cult), and when she boils that down to faith being the cause, I get why she gets teary.

Anyway, I get happy tears at interesting times. A few years ago I went to see the Lion King musical when it was on here, and I cried during the opening scene (The Circle of Life) because it was just so much and I loved it  and was so happy (And I am not a musical person).

I think I also cried at least once in every episode of the first season of call the Midwife, when the cake I baked recently turned out to be mighty fine, and when I realised I was finally going to finish my studies this year. The opening scene from 'Up' is also a guaranteed way to get me blubbering.

I'll let you all know if somebody every buys me flowers, because I'll probably scare them off with the happy tears. Bonus points if they give a potted Orchid or a Succulent, because the waterworks will be enough to fill an Olympic sized pool.

I often cry at church. Mostly because I go to churches that preach really good and aren't afraid to criticize society and to challenge their listeners. It touches me in a deep way. And I have to admit - I cry easily. 

12 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

This is off topic, but I started 13 reasons why last night and is just me or does Clay look like a young version of Chad? 

Also, I'm Catholic and I've teared up in Mass, not full on cried, but teared up. 

I can definitely see that! 

And on the topic of crying, I'm not religious, so I can't contribute to the crying during Church or Church-related activities, but I definitely cried during 13 Reasons Why. I used to be so stoic, but as I've aged/gained confidence/who knows exactly what happened, I cry so much more easily! Take it easy as you watch that, @Coconutwater. It's a tough show (but in my opinion, well done)

26 minutes ago, ivyalba said:

I can definitely see that! 

And on the topic of crying, I'm not religious, so I can't contribute to the crying during Church or Church-related activities, but I definitely cried during 13 Reasons Why. I used to be so stoic, but as I've aged/gained confidence/who knows exactly what happened, I cry so much more easily! Take it easy as you watch that, @Coconutwater. It's a tough show (but in my opinion, well done)

Clearly I've been spending too much time on these threads lol, the first thing I thought was "he looks like a young chad Paine..." I'm on episode 3 halfway through, it's a tough show to get through. 

19 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I think I also cried at least once in every episode of the first season of call the Midwife,

This is me. This effect does not go away with successive seasons. It's quite cathartic. 

I have also cried in many episodes of Call the Midwife. I am not a regular crier, though, even when I feel like it, so I also find this very cathartic! 

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:38 PM, choralcrusader8613 said:

Some people are more openly emotional than others. :confusion-shrug: Sometimes I cry at church.

I cried at church the day after the election.  It was quite embarrassing but a necessary catharsis.

On 17/4/2017 at 8:28 PM, Coconutwater said:

Thank you. I watched the series and all the time I kept thinking "Clay reminds me of someone..." but couldn't remember who. It was Chad. 

i've cried while listening to someone preach, because you could feel the love for the lord that was around. and i'm not fundie. so i'd imagine whatever i felt in that moment, fundies would feel ten fold.

kind of like grooms crying when they see their bride for the first time... just overcome with love.

Erin posted for Chad's birthday. Obligatory, you love Jesus with all your heart comment. It's pretty sweet. 

My browser refuses to properly render the emojis in Erin's "you probably have the BIGGEST ___'s I've ever  seen."

Shame on your Erin, for your X-rated Mad-Libs!  : )

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

My browser refuses to properly render the emojis in Erin's "you probably have the BIGGEST ___'s I've ever  seen."

Haha. I was a little shocked til I realized she was talking about his biceps.:pb_lol:

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

LOL! How unfortunate.

Yeah, my mind went straight to X-rated territory too.

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Erin posted for Chad's birthday. Obligatory, you love Jesus with all your heart comment. It's pretty sweet. 

That is a very Kelly Bates like outfit

Is it modest to constantly talk about how hot  your husband is?

Is it character building to make people focus in your husband muscles?

Is it classy to write about dirty diapers in a birthday post?

But hey, serious here, I'm happy to see genuine love. Good for them.

When Erin wears glasses, and especially if she has her hair pulled back, all I see is Kelly. I've actually mixed them up before at first glance. 

I love that Erin has no problem talking about how hot she finds Chad. I like the fact that she mentioned characteristics of Chad, and who he is as a person, along with his love of Jesus. Normally fundies just say someone has a heart for Jesus without telling anything about them personally.

I personally don't understand the puffy vest thing. So many fundies wear them and I have seen a lot of people here in California wearing them and it's not even cold outside. I haven't had one of those since the 80s when you could zip off the arms. It's a trend that needs to die. 

11 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

That is a very Kelly Bates like outfit

She is dressing more and more like her mother. You can nearly always see her wearing some kind of vest. I don't think she wears them out of modesty reasons or to look more like Kelly, but because she might still have some babyweight on. No judgement from my side!!!

Erin makes herself look older than she is the way she dresses. And her hair of course. But thats her choice.

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

She is dressing more and more like her mother. You can nearly always see her wearing some kind of vest. I don't think she wears them out of modesty reasons or to look more like Kelly, but because she might still have some babyweight on. No judgement from my side!!!

Erin makes herself look older than she is the way she dresses. And her hair of course. But thats her choice.

I feel like the vest outfits are her jeans-and-t-shirt look. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived