IGNORED

Chad and Erin Paine: Goats and Other Things that Spit

choralcrusader8613

I've always gotten the impression that the Bates and Duggars, and the Gothard crowd in general, don't believe in easter egg hunts (too pagan). Do you think any of the 2nd generation will do them? [I seem to remember that Josh and Anna may have already]

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always gotten the impression that the Bates and Duggars, and the Gothard crowd in general, don't believe in easter egg hunts (too pagan). Do you think any of the 2nd generation will do them? [i seem to remember that Josh and Anna may have already]

I believe the married Bates families except Michael would do them (when she has kids), even if their parents do not.

The Duggars? Not sure. They seem to stick to the rules more often than not so they can be a little hard to predict.

29 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Oh my, that is adorable! I'll bet you had fun cleaning up millions of sugar granules! emoji23.png

we were surprised he didn't get sick.  we don't know how much he actually ate, and we watched him for the next few days, but he was fine.  and since the porch is carpeted, we vacuumed it about 4 or 5 times and ran the rug cleaner twice.  no ants showed up, so we must have been successful.

I love chunky babes too!  My youngest weighed 18 pounds right before he turned 3 months.  It was insane and all from the boob.  By comparaison I am about 105 lbs soaking wet.  Must be my Swedish hubs Viking genes.

On 4/13/2017 at 1:06 PM, actuallyjessica said:

I believe the married Bates families except Michael would do them (when she has kids), even if their parents do not.

The Duggars? Not sure. They seem to stick to the rules more often than not so they can be a little hard to predict.

You know who I can see attending the White House Easter Egg Roll (if it isn't driven totally into the ground by the incompetence of the current administration) in a couple of years?  Two little granddaughters of a certain Congressman from Florida. And they will both wear hairbows big enough to be seen from outer space.

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

You know who I can see attending the White House Easter Egg Roll (if it isn't driven totally into the ground by the incompetence of the current administration) in a couple of years?  Two little granddaughters of a certain Congressman from Florida. And they will both wear hairbows big enough to be seen from outer space.

I can see that happening. Wouldn't they all be proud as punch? 

They're not having an easter egg hunt at the White House this year.  The Donald would have to stay in DC on a weekend and save the American taxpayer over $1 Mil for his weekend golf trip working weekend and we know that's not happening!

27 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

They're not having an easter egg hunt at the White House this year.  The Donald would have to stay in DC on a weekend and save the American taxpayer over $1 Mil for his weekend golf trip working weekend and we know that's not happening!

Actually, the Easter Egg Roll is going on, but it has been scaled back dramatically. Melania will be in attendance, not sure about DJT.

Trump’s ceremonial role as the nation’s hostess will take center stage Monday when she hosts her largest event yet at the White House. The annual Easter Egg Roll, which had grown into a carnivallike celebration of healthy eating and exercise under Michelle Obama, will shrink in the Trump era.

“This year being our first, we’ve chosen to focus on the historic aspect of the Easter Egg Roll,” Grisham said. She said the first lady was concerned that the event had grown too large — 35,000 attendees last year — creating long waits for some activities.

The scaled-back event — the White House won’t say how many are expected, but noted that 18,000 souvenir eggs will be given to children — will recall an era when the biggest star in attendance was the Easter Bunny, who first appeared in 1969 when a member of Pat Nixon’s staff wore the furry costume. During the Obama years, the Easter Egg Roll drew performances by Justin Bieber and Idina Menzel, clinics by sports pros and presentations by celebrity chefs.

This year the only announced performers are little-known bands Bro4 and Martin Family Circus.

I know he was going to be at Mar-a-Lago for the weekend. Don't know if he'll be back for the festivities, or if he'll stay in FL an extra day. I'm sure he has no interest in smiling for the camera with a bunch of small kids not related to him, especially if it cuts into important golfing or Twitter time.

On 10/04/2017 at 0:42 PM, VelociRapture said:

I posted a correction. Both children were over the 36 week mark. They were not preemies.

Actually according to my midwife any child born before teh 38 week mark is considered premature. When my son was born 10 days earlhyand came in at 17.5" in height and under 6 lbs she made the remark as to whether our dates were off which they were not. We actually needed a few premie sleepers for him as he was so tiny

9 minutes ago, HOTW said:

Actually according to my midwife any child born before teh 38 week mark is considered premature. When my son was born 10 days earlhyand came in at 17.5" in height and under 6 lbs she made the remark as to whether our dates were off which they were not. We actually needed a few premie sleepers for him as he was so tiny

Another poster already made the correction for me. A baby is considered premature by WHO if born before 37 weeks gestation - not 38. When was your child born? It's possible the cutoff has changed since that point.

Carson and Brooklyn were both born at 36w4d and were at least 6 pounds - so they're preemies, but they barely missed being full-term. I don't think either child needed NICU either, which is wonderful.

And for the record, my daughter was premature. She was born six weeks early last December at 5 pounds and 19 inches - all her fat was in her cheeks! She was ridiculously scrawny. So you'd think I'd have known what the preemie cutoff actually is, but I've been too focused on my baby - first with her week in NICU and then just enjoying being able I do all the "normal" mom stuff once we were home. :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Actually, the Easter Egg Roll is going on, but it has been scaled back dramatically. Melania will be in attendance, not sure about DJT.

I know he was going to be at Mar-a-Lago for the weekend. Don't know if he'll be back for the festivities, or if he'll stay in FL an extra day. I'm sure he has no interest in smiling for the camera with a bunch of small kids not related to him, especially if it cuts into important golfing or Twitter time.

Ahhh, I had heard that they weren't having it, so I assumed (bad me, I know better than that!)  since she and Barron flew into Fl too that it was fact.   LOL I usually look for 'fake news' before I post as truth, lesson learned!

41 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Ahhh, I had heard that they weren't having it, so I assumed (bad me, I know better than that!)  since she and Barron flew into Fl too that it was fact.   LOL I usually look for 'fake news' before I post as truth, lesson learned!

No worries, I just live near DC, and the Easter Egg Roll is a huge deal here. Some people are obsessed. So, it makes the local news...over and over and over.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I thought Taliban Dan wasn't a congressman anymore. Was he reelected?

Yes.  He just changed districts.

Some people are more openly emotional than others. :confusion-shrug: Sometimes I cry at church.

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Do people really cry when thinking of Jesus? 

I've seen people cry at Good Friday service before.

I like Erin's espadrilles

34 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I've never cried and I've never seen anyone cry at church. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, I guess. 

The only time I cry in church is during a funeral or after a counseling sessionn with my minister.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

And, if so, is it tears of sadness (man was murdered) or tears of happiness (resulting in salvation)?  Or both?

I'm not Christian and am not snarking.  Genuinely curious.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I'm not religious, so I can't really answer this personally. But I know that I cry at times when I think of the most important person in my life - my child. Maybe it's a similar feeling that makes Erin or someone else religious cry when they think of Jesus?

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

And, if so, is it tears of sadness (man was murdered) or tears of happiness (resulting in salvation)?  Or both?

I'm not Christian and am not snarking.  Genuinely curious.

Best guess is happiness because he did so much to offer hope and salvation, combined with sorrow that he had to suffer to make that happen. Maybe someone else could give a better answer.

Yes, I have been quite touched sometimes, enough for a single tear sometimes. I do however belong to one of the more restrained and "stiff" churches (a Lutheran church). My family members who are pentacostal will scream, cry and laugh much more. 

I"ve seen people cry at particularly emotional church services, but to start tearing up just thinking of Jesus seems strange to me. But even the IFB churches I went to weren't very emotional. Growing up there was one guy who would occasionally shout amen, but it would startle folks. The tears would be after a very emotional service. I've never seen anyone cry just by thinking about Jesus. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived