IGNORED

Chad and Erin Paine: Goats and Other Things that Spit

choralcrusader8613

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

She is dressing more and more like her mother. You can nearly always see her wearing some kind of vest. I don't think she wears them out of modesty reasons or to look more like Kelly, but because she might still have some babyweight on. No judgement from my side!!!

Erin makes herself look older than she is the way she dresses. And her hair of course. But thats her choice.

I don't know I've seen her in stuff more form fitting since Brooklyn was born and she seems to have bounced back relatively nicely. The vest thing is just so incredibly Kelly that at first glance I wondered why Kelly was cuddling with Chad!!!

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

I don't know I've seen her in stuff more form fitting since Brooklyn was born and she seems to have bounced back relatively nicely. The vest thing is just so incredibly Kelly that at first glance I wondered why Kelly was cuddling with Chad!!!

Erin has always really liked vests, even before she married Chad. She has a blue denim one and a black one she wore a lot. I went through her Instagram last night while procrastinating on putting myself to bed and saw her photographed several times in them. 

I agree though, I totally associate thermal vests with Kelly.

So Kelly B. and I have one thing in common. I HATED these vests. But then my soon-to-be-ex-husband bought one for me - and I loved it. It´s a shame to divorce, really - his gifts were always perfect.

i have a sneaking suspicion that erin is pregnant again, and i have for a little while. i'm not body shaming. and i can't put my finger on why i think she may be... but, i just do.

time will tell.

20 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

i have a sneaking suspicion that erin is pregnant again, and i have for a little while. i'm not body shaming. and i can't put my finger on why i think she may be... but, i just do.

time will tell.

In the Zachney thread there are rumors about a new baby as well. So we might again see two Bates grandkids very close in age.

30 minutes ago, ophelia said:

In the Zachney thread there are rumors about a new baby as well. So we might again see two Bates grandkids very close in age.

zach and whitney were due with bradley within a week of erin and chad's baby they miscarried, too. so it's not just the girl babies that are very close.

On 4/20/2017 at 1:28 PM, socalrules said:

I love that Erin has no problem talking about how hot she finds Chad. I like the fact that she mentioned characteristics of Chad, and who he is as a person, along with his love of Jesus. Normally fundies just say someone has a heart for Jesus without telling anything about them personally.

I agree with this.

When Boob and J'Chelle make birthday posts for their kids, all they write is about how they have 'servant hearts' and 'love to serve the lord and read scripture'. There is almost never anything specific to that specific child and the messages are always so impersonal. At least Erin's post is actually written for and about Chad rather than being a recycled post that could be about anyone in her family. I wouldn't mention diaper blowouts in a birthday post, but I'm also not a parent and just the word diaper/nappy makes me cringe. 

And I also don't have any problem with Erin gushing about finding Chad hot. He is her husband after all, and physical attraction is a healthy part of marriage. I hope this doesn't come across creepy, but I'd rather see her be legitimately attracted to her husband and likes him and find him hot than some other fundie wives where I suspect they are lying back, closing their eyes and thinking of England every time they do it. 

Man, I hope not. It can't be great for Erin to be having back to back kids with her blood clotting disorder. 

On 4/19/2017 at 4:33 PM, RosyDaisy said:

Yeah, my mind went straight to X-rated territory too.

A reasonable thought, except it's Erin.  Chad would be competing with her baby brothers so it wouldn't be much of a compliment.

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Man, I hope not. It can't be great for Erin to be having back to back kids with her blood clotting disorder. 

Yeah, I know that someone said earlier in the thread that it's not life threatening. However, back to back pregnancies for years and years? That's hard on the body no matter what. 

I'm hoping they have read up on natural family planning (since artificial birth control would be out of the question for fundies) but I'd still rather see a woman who is attracted to her husband and genuinely seems to like him than certain other fundie wives who don't seem to like or be attracted to their spouse. 

12 minutes ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

(since artificial birth control would be out of the question for fundies

Birth control isn't out of the question for all fundies - just quiverful and those of similar beliefs.  Many of the non-quiverful variety accept all barrier methods and some of them even accept birth control pills.   I know a young earth, six day literal creation KJV fundie who was on the pill for 25 years.  She was adamant that she was never having children. 

On 23.4.2017 at 2:37 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I'm hoping they have read up on natural family planning (since artificial birth control would be out of the question for fundies) but I'd still rather see a woman who is attracted to her husband and genuinely seems to like him than certain other fundie wives who don't seem to like or be attracted to their spouse. 

Exactly. There are so many fundie women that just see sex as a deed that is need to be done to get pregnant and receive another blessing and show how holy they are and how much god loves them. I like to think that there are some women in this cult (like Erin, Whitney) that might actually enjoy having sex with their spouse and being intimate.

14 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Exactly. There are so many fundie women that just see sex as a deed that is need to be done to get pregnant and receive another blessing and show how holy they are and how much god loves them. I like to think that there are some women in this cult (like Erin, Whitney) that might actually enjoy having sex with their spouse and being intimate.

There are LOTS of fundie women enjoying sex. 

47 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

There are LOTS of fundie women enjoying sex. 

Of course there are, but I think there are also the ones that see sex as a duty. This is not only a thing with fundie women though.

Not all fundie groups have these hardline views on male/female relationships.

Oh no. Oh no no no. It's Erin's birthday today, and Kelly's wall of text is about how Erin is mini-me and they are so alike in personality, perspectives, and responses. NOOOO. I'll admit guys, Erin is my pet fundie and I thought that chad and Erin, with their genuine love for one another and their fertility issues, would break away the tiniest bit. But reading Kelly's words now I'm forced to realize that Erin, especially with her love match to a fundie catch and her adorable children, isn't going anywhere at all. She loves her life. She loves Kelly. She probably doesn't think Kelly ever did anything wrong. She is so happy. And I am so disappointed!!!

IMG_2002.PNG

"Ann of Green Gables"?

C'mon, Kelly. 

I'm even willing to let the non-italicization of a book title go. But you know how important that "e" was to her. 

I've never read Anne of Green Gables, but I thought most fundie families didn't have that as a book that was okay to read? I may be misremembering. 

I bet no Duggar child has ever heard of Anne of Green Gables, much less read it.

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

"Ann of Green Gables"?

C'mon, Kelly. 

I'm even willing to let the non-italicization of a book title go. But you know how important that "e" was to her. 

My phone autocorrects Anne to Ann.  

2 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Oh no. Oh no no no. It's Erin's birthday today, and Kelly's wall of text is about how Erin is mini-me and they are so alike in personality, perspectives, and responses. NOOOO. I'll admit guys, Erin is my pet fundie and I thought that chad and Erin, with their genuine love for one another and their fertility issues, would break away the tiniest bit. But reading Kelly's words now I'm forced to realize that Erin, especially with her love match to a fundie catch and her adorable children, isn't going anywhere at all. She loves her life. She loves Kelly. She probably doesn't think Kelly ever did anything wrong. She is so happy. And I am so disappointed!!!

IMG_2002.PNG

After Michael, Erin is the one I always thought would stay in the cult. She's got the 'perfect' life. She wouldn't leave it.

I wonder has Erin read Anne of Green Gables or if it was just Kelly. I also have very many doubts that Kelly could point out PEI on a map.  That's the Atlantic Canadian in me. :P 

If I was one of the other kids, I would be kind of jealous of Kelly's gushing about Erin. I imagine there is plenty of jealousy in a house with 19 children. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived