IGNORED

Chad and Erin Paine: Goats and Other Things that Spit

choralcrusader8613

Wow. I hadn't realized that Whit is closer to Alyssa in age than to Erin.

Many more fertile years ahead of them. YIKES.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what the whole "She never met a stranger" bit is about. Does it mean that she's not shy and therefore to her everyone is a friend? Perhaps? Anyway Brooklyn is 9 months old! 

You guys have never heard that phrase? 'Never met a stranger'  basically means you're very friendly, get along well with everyone, make connections quickly and easily, like most people, etc.

2 kids by 26 doesn't seem weird to me. Where I live it seems kind of random. It's not unusual for women in their early 20s to have kids, or late 20s, or 30s, or 40s... doesn't really seem to be an overwhelming trend one way or the other. I did laugh at the 'growing old together' part. I mean, yeah, I guess they are technically growing old, slowly but surely. But honey, you're 26. You're not going to be old for a long, long time.

So I mentioned up thread that I only recently watched some episodes of the Bates's show. Here's a few thoughts (some popular, others not so much).

The Bates present as  more happy and normal. Both of the parents seem fun and engaged. 

Yes, their beliefs are horrid and oppressive.

While G and KJ seem fairly useless, their older kids seem to have skills and do not appear "lazy."

Education, beyond the front door, is not discouraged.

Jobs, beyond the show, are not openly discouraged.

There was actual cooking going on- real chicken breasts, onion, sautéing...not just open and dump. 

The kids seem to like each other.

Their kids seem more mature and prepared for life outside of the home.  For example, Alyssa, @ 22 and with 2 kids, lives 700 miles away from her family and it is not hiding in the bathroom because of a loud noise.

AND...

Yes, their beliefs are still horrid and oppressive.

No one should have 19 kids

KJ and G are useless.

I think I'd rather spend a day with G and KJ than with JB and M-

Carlin Bates is the worst.

One more thing.

Listening to Brandon talk around the issue of no baby yet, he seems to intimate that it's all up to God- even if there's no babies? Not sure he'd be on board with fertility treatments.

I don't think they do fertility treatments, but I do think that they may be TESTED for fertility issues, if they haven't been already. And I hope that they don't just test Michael. There could very well be something up with Brandon's swimmers. 

As for Erin's post, I took it to mean that the kid is sunny and loves everyone. She just worded it oddly. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I don't think they do fertility treatments, but I do think that they may be TESTED for fertility issues, if they haven't been already. And I hope that they don't just test Michael. There could very well be something up with Brandon's swimmers. 

As for Erin's post, I took it to mean that the kid is sunny and loves everyone. She just worded it oddly. 

Do you think that Brandon would agree to infertility treatments { AKA circumvent God's well} if medically indicated?

Nope.

I've said this before they even got engaged... Brandon does not seem into having lots of kids. Or any kids.

I feel for Michael, I really do. Because it appears not only is she struggling with the fact God hasn't blessed them with a baby, but also struggling with the fact Brandon does not want to move forward in any way.

I do believe they would be very, very strict parents, and take everything by the book.

That includes blanket training, even if we have no reason to believe her married siblings don't do this... they're authoritarians like they were trained to be.

2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Nope.

I've said this before they even got engaged... Brandon does not seem into having lots of kids. Or any kids.

I feel for Michael, I really do. Because it appears not only is she struggling with the fact God hasn't blessed them with a baby, but also struggling with the fact Brandon does not want to move forward in any way.

Where are you getting this? Has Brandon blogged about this, or given interviews or something that would suggest he doesn't want kids? I'd expect the opposite what with him being so deeply entrenched in ATI.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Where are you getting this? Has Brandon blogged about this, or given interviews or something that would suggest he doesn't want kids? I'd expect the opposite what with him being so deeply entrenched in ATI.

Reading between the lines - pure speculation. His body language and what he has said when broached about future children and now since they've opened up about their struggle. It paints a certain picture. None of these kids raised in the cults are going to come out and say they don't want kids... so it ends up as 'if the Lord provides...'.

17 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Do you think that Brandon would agree to infertility treatments { AKA circumvent God's well} if medically indicated?

I don't think that Brandon would, just because he's so drenched in the koolaid and they don't really believe in that. If they don't have kids, it's not God's will and they can't go against God. 

I've never gotten the impression that Brandon doesn't want ANY kids. I don't think he's as desperate to start popping them out as Michael probably is, and it's possible he doesn't really want 19, but I don't think he's ever done or said anything to indicate he doesnt want at least one child at some point.

17 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I don't think he's as desperate to start popping them out as Michael probably is, and it's possible he doesn't really want 19, but I don't think he's ever done or said anything to indicate he doesnt want at least one child at some point.

I agree. And at this point-- 19 (or even 15) kids are not happening. Michaela is already 27 years old, and we aren't aware of any multiple baby occurrences in her family background.  

On 11/04/2017 at 9:13 PM, Pasta said:

I only comment on kids when I find out they're younger but taller than me. I'm like you're only nine but 5 feet 4? Holy crap. I don't talk about small kiddos.  Now fat babies will get me to squeal. Loudly. 

You would have loved mine then. 11lbs and 10lb7oz respectively. bahahahahaha

On 17/04/2017 at 9:46 PM, Dandruff said:

And, if so, is it tears of sadness (man was murdered) or tears of happiness (resulting in salvation)?  Or both?

I'm not Christian and am not snarking.  Genuinely curious.

Both. Plus amazement, gratitude. I've cried in church a ton of times. But then I go to a Pentecostal church and it's not that unusual. I've seen quite a few people (men and women) tear up when talking about what God has done for them, or when praying for a difficult situation. Or sometimes a line in a song grabs you in a particular way.

@HereticHick depending on the fertility issue, multiples may be more likely to happen.  If its an ovulation problem and Michael takes hormones for it, then she will increase her changes of fraternal twins/triplets.

I don't know the Bates view on fertility treatment - though I know Kelly & Erin have both on special medication to keep pregnancy.  But there is a school of fundamentalist Christianity which allows hormone for egg stimulation as unlike in IVF there's no discarding embryos/risk of abortion issues.

Michael & Brandon may be allowed to try that, depending on the cause of their infertility (and the cost) and if they do then its very easy to overshoot with those meds.

I cannot imagine any RE that would stimulate Michael with anything other than Clomid. The shots would make way to many eggs. I got 20! Knowing that Michael would not selectively reduce if 6 or so got fertilized, I can't imagine a RE would even go that route with them.

Its private medicine - if they want clomid they'll find someone to do it - ala Octomum

On 5/10/2017 at 3:31 PM, imokit said:

Its private medicine - if they want clomid they'll find someone to do it - ala Octomum

I took Clomid and had one baby. It does increase the chance of twins, but I don't think it usually causes large multiples. I think Octomom used stronger treatment than Clomid.

Any medecin causes mega multiple pregnancy (4-8 embryos). A woman needs IVF in order to have so many kids at a time.

Medecins that stimulate ovulation just increase the chances of having twins or rarely triplets.

In my country IVF doctors only introduce 2 embryos in the woman, in orden to avoid octomoms. It's considered dangerous both for mother and children. I'm not sure if it's a law or it was doctors who took this decision as a professional regulation, but there's been years with no women having 4-6 at a time. 

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Any medecin causes mega multiple pregnancy (4-8 embryos). A woman needs IVF in order to have so many kids at a time.

Medecins that stimulate ovulation just increase the chances of having twins or rarely triplets.

In my country IVF doctors only introduce 2 embryos in the woman, in orden to avoid octomoms. It's considered dangerous both for mother and children. I'm not sure if it's a law or it was doctors who took this decision as a professional regulation, but there's been years with no women having 4-6 at a time. 

In this country it's considered standard of care to only transfer one or two at a time.  In the Late 80's through the early 2000's there were lots of triplets/twins/higher order multiples but because of the risks to moms and babies that pretty much came to a stop.  Octomom had an unscrupulous doctor, pretty much, who was willing to do whatever. He actually transplanted 12 embryos at once.  (He was later expelled from the American Society of Reproductive Medicine and had his medical license revoked.)  There are still occasional higher order multiples but usually it's because of twinning of embyros or naturally occurring.  

I used clomid/letrozole for my pregnancies.  I researched the chance of multiples extensively.  It happens but not commonly and each time I only got one baby (luckily).  

There's a preview of BUB's next season... A few stuff about the new couples and then says BREAKING NEWS! and Lawson says "Erin and Chad are having twins" UGHHHH!!

2 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Lawson says "Erin and Chad are having twins" UGHHHH!

I'd venture to say it's twin goats...the goats are the give away!

59 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I'd venture to say it's twin goats...the goats are the give away!

Yep.  Esp. since this was filmed a while ago.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived