IGNORED

Chad and Erin Paine: Goats and Other Things that Spit

choralcrusader8613

59 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Haha no all the symbols/emoticons before "I love my family!" 

I see it now!  Yes, I can see why you wondered about that!

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bethella said:

Technically both kids were premies. Due to Erin's clotting disorder she delivered early at 35 or 36 weeks.

She went into spontaneous labor with Carson and gave birth May 14. On April 5, she shared this:

Spoiler

Meaning she was likely over the 36 week mark when he was born. So Carson wasn't a preemie. 

With Brooklyn, she posted this:

Spoiler

Again, she appears to have gone into labor naturally - although this time, things went more smoothly and she was able to have an epidural. Brooklyn was born on August 6. So, again, Erin was over the 36 week mark when Brooklyn was born.

Their babies were probably just naturally on the tiny size. Carson was 19 inches long at birth, same as my daughter who was born just past the 34 week mark (though he was a pound heavier.)

Yes, it was spontaneous labor with Brooklyn. I asked, and she answered to the affirmative. But it was right around the time she planned to be induced, so that's why there were questions at the time. 

19 hours ago, neurogirl said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSoxpVnlQTa/?taken-by=chad_erinpaine

Erin's latest IG post is a pretty cute one of her family...but the computer version has an extra symbol that the mobile version does not, and it looks like the female symbol. Am I crazy?

How old was Carson when they announced her pregnancy?  (Fingers crossed that I'm crazy and she is still new-blessing-free)

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 10.32.58 AM.png

It's a weird glitch. On my iphone it's a puppy, 2 goats, a baby, a pigtail girl, a man, and a girl with a ponytail.

19 hours ago, Bethella said:

Technically both kids were premies. Due to Erin's clotting disorder she delivered early at 35 or 36 weeks.

Thank you for answering this!  Now it makes sense.  

2 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Thank you for answering this!  Now it makes sense.  

I posted a correction. Both children were over the 36 week mark. They were not preemies.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I posted a correction. Both children were over the 36 week mark. They were not preemies.

And I just now saw that.  Thank you!  I guess Brooklyn is just very tiny like her aunt.  It seemed like she was swimming in those onesies before. 

Weeeelllll,  according to WHO prematurity has been redefined to be prior to 37 weeks of gestation.  They apparently were on the cusp or just before?

45 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Weeeelllll,  according to WHO prematurity has been redefined to be prior to 37 weeks of gestation.  They apparently were on the cusp or just before?

Really? What the fuck medical world?! Can we pick a definition and commit to it please?! :pb_lol:

Apologies to everyone! I didn't think to look it up - I kept thinking 36 weeks was the cutoff. They were both just days shy of 37 weeks though. I want to say both were born around 36w4d - so premature, but just barely at that point.

I still maintain they're small naturally though. My daughter was born earlier and smaller than either of them (34w2d and 5 pounds exactly) - but she's much bigger than Brooklyn looked at her age (4 months). My daughter was naturally on the big side though - my doctors think she would have been around 9 pounds had she gone to term. :shock:

Yeah, I wasn't trying to pick on anyone here, but due to daughter's pregnancies I thought I'd found that the definition had changed a few years back so I looked.

I think Brooklyn is just a small kid.  I had one, daughter has one, lots of people have smaller than average kids. 

4 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think Brooklyn is just a small kid.  I had one, daughter has one, lots of people have smaller than average kids. 

I was a smaller than average baby, was a smaller than average kid, and am a short-ish adult. It happens. 

10 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Yeah, I wasn't trying to pick on anyone here, but due to daughter's pregnancies I thought I'd found that the definition had changed a few years back so I looked.

One of my friends had a smaller than average baby. She's now a year old and super tiny. Really adorable but she's so small. The doctor isn't concerned. All her tests are normal. She's like petite.

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I was a smaller than average baby, was a smaller than average kid, and am a short-ish adult. It happens. 

This is likely going to be my youngest, She was just under 6 pounds born on her due date. I know the dates were correct since I was under a doctors care as soon as I had a positive pregnancy test. She's 7 now and has always been the smallest in her class.  She was barely 15 pounds at a year.  I'm pretty average and so is my husband but we do have some petite family members so i assume she takes after them.

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

My 2nd daughter is 5 months and barely 12lbs but the 'Omg she's so tiny' comments everywhere I go is irritating. I know shes a skinny baby. Its ok. I'm a small chick and my mom was a small chick so she'll probably be a small chick. 

11 hours ago, AlternativeVoice said:

My 2nd daughter is 5 months and barely 12lbs but the 'Omg she's so tiny' comments everywhere I go is irritating. I know shes a skinny baby. Its ok. I'm a small chick and my mom was a small chick so she'll probably be a small chick. 

My babies were big...huge.All three of my sons weighed 21 lbs at 6 months old.My husband was a big baby,and is about average for his height,5 '9...but was always a big boy.

People asked me what I fed them.They accused me of feeding them too much.Some admired them and told me they were beautiful.My grandmother acted as if they were doomed to obesity.

It was funny.My MIL had 4 sons.Mr.Melon was her "giant" and his younger brother was small.He is short for a man.When he entered 1st grade the teacher did not believe he was old enough,and he wore the same size for 3 years..my MIL said she let the hem out of his pants.

14 hours ago, AlternativeVoice said:

My 6 year old is just shy of 26 lbs. She is tiiinnnyy! And I am well aware of it but when people feel the need to keep telling me how tiny she is it eventually pisses me off because I am well aware. Like do they think I just don't know she's small???? I'm petite too so I don't know why they don't assume she gets it from me???

I only comment on kids when I find out they're younger but taller than me. I'm like you're only nine but 5 feet 4? Holy crap. I don't talk about small kiddos.  Now fat babies will get me to squeal. Loudly. 

Both of my children were small. Both were seven lbs. even. Oldest was 16 lbs .at one year old checkup. The second one was 15 lbs.

9 hours ago, melon said:

(snip)

he wore the same size for 3 years..my MIL said she let the hem out of his pants.

When my niece was small, 3 or 4, I bought her these really sweet little pants at Sears. They had that adjustable elastic in the waist to help keep them on since the waist itself wasn't elasticized. My niece was TWELVE when they decided she had gotten enough use out of them and donated them, because she could still wear them as shorts!

14 hours ago, just...sare said:

When my niece was small, 3 or 4, I bought her these really sweet little pants at Sears. They had that adjustable elastic in the waist to help keep them on since the waist itself wasn't elasticized. My niece was TWELVE when they decided she had gotten enough use out of them and donated them, because she could still wear them as shorts!

This will be my daughter lol

23 hours ago, Pasta said:

I only comment on kids when I find out they're younger but taller than me. I'm like you're only nine but 5 feet 4? Holy crap. I don't talk about small kiddos.  Now fat babies will get me to squeal. Loudly. 

You'd love my daughter then. She's already tripled her birth weight - born at 5 pounds and was just under 15 at her 4 month appointment. She was a thirty-four week preemie though, so she's been playing catchup.

She also has at least two chins now. I'm super proud of those chins considering how scrawny she was at birth. :)

On 4/11/2017 at 1:28 PM, SuhrEnity said:

My 6 year old is just shy of 26 lbs. She is tiiinnnyy! And I am well aware of it but when people feel the need to keep telling me how tiny she is it eventually pisses me off because I am well aware. Like do they think I just don't know she's small???? I'm petite too so I don't know why they don't assume she gets it from me???

Awwww! She was a peanut!!!!! Tiny babies are just as adorable as chunky babies in my opinion. Especially when they laugh or do something super silly. 

I just really like babies... :pb_lol:

Ahh chunky babies are the bestest. I bet your little one is amazing and gorgeous. My friends kiddo is HUGE. I love it. 

Carson knocked over the sugar container. He has a better work ethic than Grandpa Gill so far. :P 

on the subject of spilled sugar:  several years ago i was making a lot of jam and bought a 25-lb bag of sugar.  i left it on a chair on the enclosed porch with the intent of moving it to the kitchen a bit later.  the dog, who was about 2 at the time, was unusually quiet, but i was busy and just grateful he wasn't barking at every bird and squirrel.  then i heard Mr. CatLady yell, "OMG, look at your puppy!"  the black dog had a white nose; he had chewed a hole in the sugar bag and was eating it.  half the sugar was out of the bag and all over the floor.

on the subject of spilled sugar:  several years ago i was making a lot of jam and bought a 25-lb bag of sugar.  i left it on a chair on the enclosed porch with the intent of moving it to the kitchen a bit later.  the dog, who was about 2 at the time, was unusually quiet, but i was busy and just grateful he wasn't barking at every bird and squirrel.  then i heard Mr. CatLady yell, "OMG, look at your puppy!"  the black dog had a white nose; he had chewed a hole in the sugar bag and was eating it.  half the sugar was out of the bag and all over the floor.

Oh my, that is adorable! I'll bet you had fun cleaning up millions of sugar granules! [emoji23]

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived