IGNORED

Seewalds 19: Dust Bunnies and Babies

Destiny

Sharing this video because this is my soap box. Get properly fitted, women everywhere! Victoria's Secret and other stores have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Use this video, a specialty bra store, or Nordstrom. Trust. 

I had a breast reduction and I am still a 32F/G depending  on the bra.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love VS because they're the only store in my area that carry my size... it seems everyone else stocks 32-34 A, 34-36 B, 36-38 C, and 38+ D cups. It's so ridiculous, everybody (and every body) is different, and band size isn't a direct indicator of cup size. I also went to like four different stores and they all told me something different, they measured over the girls and under the armpits, but nowhere near the widest point? That was weird. It was actually at a VS I got a proper sizing, like in that video. I was wearing a 34B for the longest time because I just couldn't find a 32DD... it just kind of sat on my boob like a little party hat. Not supportive. Everyone get properly measured (if applicable), because a well-fitting bra will change your life.

As for Jessa, I'm sure if she were raised outside the fundie circuit, she would have been a mother to a large brood anyway, maybe five or six. But if she keeps popping out kids every 15 months like her mother, her sparkle might dull pretty quickly. Unless she pulls a Michelle, and I think she will, and has J'slaves until she can implement the buddy system. We didn't see Michelle when she was on baby #2. We only saw her after she was drenched in kool-aid. Maybe she loved motherhood once, maybe she was doting and happy and attentive once, but no one is meant to parent 19 kids. It's a modern medical miracle that 19 have survived past infancy. We'll see with Jessa. I hope she stays excited about motherhood, and learns from her own mother's mistakes.

someone on the up thread said that someone like Tabitha Paine would come and take care of Jessa's little ones while she had more.  First I hope this is not the case.  I can see perhaps a jslave like down the road Jennifer but she can't pull a Michelle and ask other fundies over because that would ruin her image.  Unless she has a breakdown - but Jessa is not the type to have a breakdown like her mother and sister.  She will plan ahead. 

Here's a question I've been wanting to ask for a while that relates to this topic: what do all of you parents consider to be the difference between siblings helping siblings, a sibling being excited to learn how to change a baby's diaper, a sibling doing chores, and the Duggar/Bates children? Obviously, when they are older and become SAHDs it's easy to tell, but for me, I was constantly changing diapers at 7, so I wonder where the line is for most of you.

@colors_outside15 I'm not a parent, but I would assume the difference is expectation. JB&M expect their older kids will do it no matter what, and wouldn't allow anything other than a "yes ma'am". A friend's parents had triplets when my friend was 7, and she LOVED helping out, changing diapers, feeding, etc. While I'm sure her parents loved any help she could give, her parents fully expected to actually BE the parents to the triplets. JB&M had more and more kids expecting and relying upon their kids doing a lot of work for it.

Contributing to the thread drift: I am sad because my bra of choice has been discontinued & now I have to go to a store & try to find a new one I like, rather than just ordering online.

14 minutes ago, colors_outside15 said:

Here's a question I've been wanting to ask for a while that relates to this topic: what do all of you parents consider to be the difference between siblings helping siblings, a sibling being excited to learn how to change a baby's diaper, a sibling doing chores, and the Duggar/Bates children? Obviously, when they are older and become SAHDs it's easy to tell, but for me, I was constantly changing diapers at 7, so I wonder where the line is for most of you.

The difference is that the Duggar girls and many other girls in these QF families, are given these babies and they are their responsibilty. For the Duggars, Michelle weaned at 6 months, so the baby was given to a buddy. The buddy would (I think) feed, change, get up with, and have the baby for most parts of the day. There's a difference between helping and being the parent. 

I learned how to fold towels decoratively, how to fold t-shirts decoratively, and how to fit/measure someone for a bra from working retail jobs in college. That was how I learned I was a 32C instead of a 34B, we had a huge clearance sale on bras at the store I was working in, so everyone working in ready-to-wear got a crash course in bra sizing that day. 

I dare say I learned more home-making skills being an ebil heathen with a part time job than the Duggar girls learn by being dutiful stay at home daughters! :pb_lol: Funny how letting your kids be adults actually helps them learn adult skills. Hmmm.

I didn't see this posted yet, but Ben and Jessa uploaded the usual congrats video for Joy's engagement:

To be honest I don't even know what they said, I'm assuming it was the usual "Blah blah we're so excited for ya'll blah de blah looking forward to the wedding blah generic relationship advice tidibit blah blah" because I was too busy looking at the cute babies. Spurgeon just keeps getting more and more adorable, and Henry's face is killing me. 

Oh my. Henry's face in that screen shot is just screaming "Save me!!!"

Oh my god! Henry's face kills me, Spurgeon looks like he wants nothing to do with it. Those two boys are so cute! 

15 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I didn't see this posted yet, but Ben and Jessa uploaded the usual congrats video for Joy's engagement:

To be honest I don't even know what they said, I'm assuming it was the usual "Blah blah we're so excited for ya'll blah de blah looking forward to the wedding blah generic relationship advice tidibit blah blah" because I was too busy looking at the cute babies. Spurgeon just keeps getting more and more adorable, and Henry's face is killing me. 

Damn, Spurgeon is one beautiful toddler! I thought it's hard to be cuter than Bradley Bates and here we are - Spurgy's hair is just killing me! So cute! Bradley does have a much better name though :D

@colors_outside15

I guess the difference is that the Duggar/Bates girls are their siblings' primary caregivers and not just "helping mommy". It gets especially whack when taking care of their mom's kids interferes with their own well-being (like having the girls wake up to feed babies in the middle of the night when they were at an age where they needed lots of sleep.)

On 2/27/2017 at 11:39 AM, Jilli said:

My socks usually get two wears before washing, as long as I don't sweat in them. I usually only wear them for a few hours or if I'm cold. I assume this will change if I become able to work. Then I'll sweat and be like...nope.

There are 250,000 sweat glands in two feet. They may not feel damp, but you are sweating, a LOT, from there. 

Feet should be washed daily. I change my socks whether or not I've had shoes on. 

I have AWFUL feet (flat as a board, and bunionectomy on one!) so whenever I was waiting to be seen by my podiatrist, I'd read those posters doctors post in examination rooms. One was very specific about how to keep feet healthy-by keeping them dry and clean. 

23 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Damn, Spurgeon is one beautiful toddler! I thought it's hard to be cuter than Bradley Bates and here we are - Spurgy's hair is just killing me! So cute! Bradley does have a much better name though :D

Well, that is a very low bar in this case.

1 hour ago, colors_outside15 said:

I had an appointment once a week for about two hours.my older girls 7 and 5 would change a feed the baby...  . They wanted to. But I would come home and yell at hubby because that wasn't their job. I think they did it because they wanted to be mummy. I was horrified , it was not their job or responsibility. What Michelle did was horrible. It was unfair . Not matter if they wanted to or not.

Just adding my vote to the 'Spurgey is the cutest baby in the universe' movement. Those curls and that little pouty mouth that breaks into that huge grin...he's adorable! :tw_love:

I think my ovaries just exploded when Spurge made those little noises in the end ...

I think my ovaries just exploded when Spurge made those little noises in the end ...

Mine are mostly shriveled up prunes at this point, but they still wanted to explode! [emoji7]

2 hours ago, Finduilas said:

I'm also in the Spurgeon is so cute, my ovaries wanted to go pop category! :D 

5 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Oh my. Henry's face in that screen shot is just screaming "Save me!!!"

He looks like Humpty Dumpty 

He is super adorable! Also how old would Henry be by now? I always like to see what baby looks like what parent or how much of a mixture they are of each other.

Re mommy helper: I don't have kids, but my mom would tell stories how my sister loved to help out with me and my twin brother until one day my mom asked her to hand her a diaper for one of us and my sister said that we were her babies she can do it (she was a little sassy one) so I always think that it's fine for the sibling to be helpful up until they say otherwise and judgement on the parent end.

5 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

@colors_outside15

I guess the difference is that the Duggar/Bates girls are their siblings' primary caregivers and not just "helping mommy". It gets especially whack when taking care of their mom's kids interferes with their own well-being (like having the girls wake up to feed babies in the middle of the night when they were at an age where they needed lots of sleep.)

Right. The line for me is who is the majority share holder in the running of the home. If you're helping, great! Doing your chores? Great! Responsible for the care of an entire human/humans? Not for kids. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived