IGNORED

Seewalds 19: Dust Bunnies and Babies

Destiny

Henry is beyond adorable and according to Jessa weighs 12 pounds - jessa doesn't have her molly bangs and Spurgy is too cute

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

He is super adorable! Also how old would Henry be by now?

Henry is a month old today. :) 

16 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/see-how-similar-the-seewald-brothers-look-as-newborns/

This is what TLC considers important these days. They both look like babies to me. :P 

I like comparing newborn siblings, but I think they look pretty different for siblings. I can see the resemblance, but they're simple to tell apart. I think the article would have been more accurate if it were describing their unique qualities. And TLC's post says they're "only" a pound apart. A pound is a lot when you're a newborn. LOL

Interesting. To me they look more similar than different, but I can definitely tell them apart, especially by their hair. Spurgeon's is so much darker and there's more of it. Also, in those two pictures Spurgeon is smiling while Henry is not, which might contribute to being able to tell them apart.

1 hour ago, ginger135 said:

Interesting. To me they look more similar than different, but I can definitely tell them apart, especially by their hair. Spurgeon's is so much darker and there's more of it. Also, in those two pictures Spurgeon is smiling while Henry is not, which might contribute to being able to tell them apart.

I've worked with newborns (both in childcare and as a newborn photographer's assistant) for years, and I could go on and on about their differences! Although Spurgeon weighed more, Henry had bigger/lower-haning "jowls." Their eye shape and eyelashes are different. Spurgeon appeared to have a more defined brow area (not the eyebrows, but the brow line). They have completely different head shapes (and I'm not just basing this off of the picture in the article). Their noses and mouths are quite similar, I'll give you that, and I'm sure they'll continue to look alike as they both grow older, despite the difference in hair color. They're obviously related, but I've seen many siblings who look like identical twins (if only they'd been born at the same time)! But I'm not one of those people who think all newborns/babies look alike. Just saying. 

On Mon Mar 06 2017 at 8:25 PM, nst said:

Henry is beyond adorable and according to Jessa weighs 12 pounds - jessa doesn't have her molly bangs and Spurgy is too cute

Whoa ! My little one is 4 months March 9 and weighs 10lbs 7oz. She's teeny but super long! 

1 minute ago, Jilli said:

I can really see Spurgeons face in his baby pic. It's probably because of the smile. 

and the fact that it's his face. lol

1 hour ago, luxfilia said:

and the fact that it's his face. lol

The only reason it's worth commenting on is because it's more so than I usually see in babies.

On 2017-03-04 at 11:43 PM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I wear a 38H and I HATE not wearing a bra. It makes me feel frumpy and floppy and uncomfortable, and I'll get sweaty under my boobs which makes me insane. I only like underwire bras with molded cups; I sleep in a comfy soft cup type bra too. 

Frumpy, floppy and uncomfortable describes it perfectly. I only go without before I get dressed. I would feel very exposed if I went out in public bra less. 

I hate underwires though. So uncomfortable. I don't want anything hard or sharp in that area. 

12 hours ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Whoa ! My little one is 4 months March 9 and weighs 10lbs 7oz. She's teeny but super long! 

My little peanut turned 3 months on Sunday and is just about 12 pounds now. Pretty impressive considering she was born a 5 pound preemie! She's got more rolls than a Cinnabon now.

(... I'm not ridiculously proud of my little Chunky Peanut Butter or anything... :pb_lol:)

10 hours ago, Jilli said:

The only reason it's worth commenting on is because it's more so than I usually see in babies.

Yeah, my kids new born pics looked nothing like them by the time they were 16 months old. I don't know how common it is for a born to so closely resemble their older self so I can't say, but yeah, I thought the look was so striking in his features today. 

(Excuse my rambling and poor sentence structure, I'm drinking. Mmmm, Ginger Ale!)

I LOVE my bras. I'm sleeping without, but I'm always wearing one when I'm awake. 32 F here, and very much failing the pencil test, so a good bra is a must. Every time I'm ordering my favourite online I praise the randomness of going into Bravissimo on a whim while in Edinburgh on vacation. If Fantasie ever discontiniues the line I'm screwed. So I order a lot of them :P (There really is a before and after when it comes to finding a bra that actually fits!)

On March 6, 2017 at 3:15 PM, Lizzybet said:

There are 250,000 sweat glands in two feet. They may not feel damp, but you are sweating, a LOT, from there. 

Feet should be washed daily. I change my socks whether or not I've had shoes on. 

I have AWFUL feet (flat as a board, and bunionectomy on one!) so whenever I was waiting to be seen by my podiatrist, I'd read those posters doctors post in examination rooms. One was very specific about how to keep feet healthy-by keeping them dry and clean. 

Bunionectomy survivors unite!!! My 1st "Bunionversery" was February 23. 

My feet get stinky & sweaty during the day. My socks also get one wear and then go to the washer. When I had my first bunion surgery I wondered why I wasn't filling up the laundry basket as quickly as normal. Then it hit me.... It was because a pair of socks lasted two days because I could only wear one each day because I had a cast on my other foot. I told the doctor that was one of the perks of the surgery. He laughed. I was serious. 

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

No Spurgeon just Henry. Same ole, same ole! ;) 

I thought their newborn pics were almost Identical, but in all the new videos with Henry he's looking quite different from Elliot. Henry definitely has Jessa's nose and mouth like Elliot but something is different. Maybe his cheeks are puffier? His head a little longer? Also he seems to be a blonde!

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

No Spurgeon just Henry. Same ole, same ole! ;) 

I like that Jessa isn't wearing makeup. She looks tired, as is expected with a month-old infant, but very natural and fresh. 

2 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

I like that Jessa isn't wearing makeup. She looks tired, as is expected with a month-old infant, but very natural and fresh. 

I'm guessing that between an active Spurgeon and a newborn Henry, she doesn't have much time for makeup. She looks younger too. 

Jessa looks imo glowing 

Henry I think looks like Ben and Jessa's congrats to Joe was a bit weird 

and Henry has different hair than his brother - you can tell 

and Ben has chest hair 

I don't see much of Spurgeon in Henry but I'm bad at seeing similarities. :D He's cute though! 

9 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't see much of Spurgeon in Henry but I'm bad at seeing similarities. :D He's cute though! 

I don't think he looks that much like Spurgeon either, but I do see some Duggar genes shining through. Henry might end up looking more like Ben than Spurgeon.

Well Guinn hasn't provided me with any pictures of baby Ben but I'm trying to see similarities to Henry and his baby brother in this picture. Hmmm, I don't know. I can never tell. 

Henry looked so similar to Spurgeon to me when he was first born, but now that he's a month old he definitely looks a lot different. Still many similarities - same nose, mouth, similar eyes - but completely different face shape and hair colour.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived