IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

47 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

He said something about an ultrasound, I think. Or was that on Derick? 

It could have been. They all mesh together at a certain point. lol

35 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I thought he just said that it should be looked at. But I have been wrong before. 

Haha and we know how good Jill is with getting help if something is wrong with her. coughlaborcough

The whole seen was all so nonchalant from the way the doctor spoke to her and how neither J or D reacted. The whole thing struck me odd.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Social media is so iffy, people are always posting making their lives seem so perfect. For some people I think that makes them feel like failures. Well I don't have a husband and kids, we're the same age. Why am I not where she is? It's tough. I think relationships are hard enough without involving so many other people ,who are invested in them. 

I'll say I don't think it's all consciously done. I mean, I post funny pictures of my kids, I don't post pictures of them fighting with each other because who wants to see that? We all know kids suck a lot of the time, but the pics you post are the cute ones. I certainly have no illusions of how perfect my life is, it's messy and real, but I'm not about to post "hey I didn't shower today and my hair looks like shit but it's winter so I'm wearing a hat" photos on Facebook!

The doctor wasn't sure whether there was anything actually wrong or not. He said he 'heard a noise' in the artery and that she should have an ultrasound to check it out because it might mean that there was narrowing. Then, if they actually found narrowing, they would want to check her heart. No word on whether she had the follow up tests, or what the results were.

3 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I'll say I don't think it's all consciously done. I mean, I post funny pictures of my kids, I don't post pictures of them fighting with each other because who wants to see that? We all know kids suck a lot of the time, but the pics you post are the cute ones. I certainly have no illusions of how perfect my life is, it's messy and real, but I'm not about to post "hey I didn't shower today and my hair looks like shit but it's winter so I'm wearing a hat" photos on Facebook!

I don't think that some people do it consciously. Some people do because they want to pretend that life is perfect. I use Facebook to piss off my relatives by posting pictures that say "Love of my life" and it's a picture of my cat.  There are a fair number of people that just post the interesting things and therefore it's not the day to day. Which is normal, put your best foot forward we all do it. It's the people who post constantly in a very over the top way about how perfect their husband is or how much they love their lives. That sets off the bullshit meter. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

I don't think that some people do it consciously. Some people do because they want to pretend that life is perfect. I use Facebook to piss off my relatives by posting pictures that say "Love of my life" and it's a picture of my cat.  There are a fair number of people that just post the interesting things and therefore it's not the day to day. Which is normal, put your best foot forward we all do it. It's the people who post constantly in a very over the top way about how perfect their husband is or how much they love their lives. That sets off the bullshit meter. 

I definitely had an acquaintance from high school that posted nonstop photos of her kissing her husband and saying things like "I love you sooooo much Henry!" and status updates TO him, like if he is in bed with you right now, talk to him, don't post it on fucking Facebook! It was so strange.

On our five year anniversary, my boyfriend shared a goofy picture of us on Facebook captioned, "Why are you even still here?" I commented, "Don't know. Who are you again?" We love each other in real life, but on Facebook, we are scathing and sarcastic- and we wouldn't have it any other way :562479a21db1d_Somethingsinthatthurairlove:

I think Jill's "He's always right and I'm always wrong" comment speaks more to their marriage then their Facebook page. That's just depressing, man. Does he tell her she's wrong all the time? Or does she assume it because of the way she was raised? Like if she just said, "He's always right," that would have been like a haha marriage joke, but with the "I'm always wrong..." and her sad face... that made my heart sink. Her light has been snuffed out. She used to be optimistic and cheerful. Like, Jill annoys the shit out of me, but damn. I feel bad for her. 

On 2/9/2017 at 6:55 PM, louisa05 said:

They aren't the only ones we know like that. I tend to wonder what is going on in real life whenever I see overly sappy couples constantly praising their own relationships on social media. 

I've told my husband I don't like flowery declarations on social media. If he wants to wish me, his 'beautiful wife and best friend' a happy birthday, that's fine, even very sweet, but other than that, no thank you.

I find it self serving and transparent when the Duggars use YouTube videos to send birthday greetings, congratulatory messages, or speak of their pride in another family member, with whom they are, presumably, in touch by phone at least, possibly even living with in the SAME HOUSE. Why? Who are they directing their speeches to? Their public/base, that's who.

Who's buying this? Don't their fans, some, anyway, see this? 

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

Yeah. I post the high points of my life- a vacation with the man, one of the kids graduating. I don't show fights and messes and debt. So we all just see everyone's "best" all the time but that's not everyone's normal. 

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

I definitely had an acquaintance from high school that posted nonstop photos of her kissing her husband and saying things like "I love you sooooo much Henry!" and status updates TO him, like if he is in bed with you right now, talk to him, don't post it on fucking Facebook! It was so strange.

Ick that reminds me of a Facebook friend who constantly posts pics of her and her guy in bed. Not naked or anything, but like in their pj's with a post of "Settling in to watch walking dead." Ew. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

The doctor wasn't sure whether there was anything actually wrong or not. He said he 'heard a noise' in the artery and that she should have an ultrasound to check it out because it might mean that there was narrowing. Then, if they actually found narrowing, they would want to check her heart. No word on whether she had the follow up tests, or what the results were.

Thanks. I just could not bare to go back and rewatch it.  I bet she think Jesus will take care of it and doesn't need a doctor though.

This is what I think the doctor may be referring to. Not making a diagnosis here, or saying this is what she has....just a possibility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carotid_bruit

Carotid bruit

A carotid bruit is a systolic sound heard over the carotid artery area during auscultation.

Associated conditions[edit]

It may occur as the result of carotid artery stenosis[1] (though some disagree);[2] however, most carotid bruits, particularly those found in younger or asymptomatic patients, are not related to any disease and are termed "innocent carotid bruits".[3] A carotid bruit is unlikely to be heard if the stenosis occludes less than 40% of the diameter of the artery. Likewise, a stenosis of greater than 90% may not be heard, as the flow may be too low.[citation needed]

Many carotid bruits are discovered incidentally in an otherwise asymptomatic patient. The presence of a carotid bruit alone does not necessarily indicate the presence of stenosis, and the physical examination cannot be used to estimate the degree of stenosis, if present; therefore, any bruit must be evaluated by ultrasound or imaging.[4]

On 2/1/2017 at 10:10 AM, ClaraOswin said:

Are you married? Do you plan to be some day? If you have a good one...a marriage can be a very long road full of many health problems. Spouses end up having to deal with grossness sometimes. That's life. If you love someone, it doesn't have to "kill" any sort of vibe. It's just a reality.

Agree with this totally.  I'm not married, but my boyfriend has seen me puking, fainting, nauseous, in pain, in a hospital bed hooked up to a morphine drip and in many other gross situations and he still thinks I'm hot.  I used to think like @OyToTheVey and was weird about even using the bathroom around him, but then I got crohn's disease and I had to change my way of thinking.  I actually think that being real and sometimes gross around him has made us closer.

2 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

-snip-

I think Jill's "He's always right and I'm always wrong" comment speaks more to their marriage then their Facebook page. That's just depressing, man. Does he tell her she's wrong all the time? Or does she assume it because of the way she was raised? Like if she just said, "He's always right," that would have been like a haha marriage joke, but with the "I'm always wrong..." and her sad face... that made my heart sink. Her light has been snuffed out. She used to be optimistic and cheerful. Like, Jill annoys the shit out of me, but damn. I feel bad for her. 

This this this a thousand times. I posted something similar somewhere...she looked so sad when she said that. I totally got the impression he tells her she's wrong. It broke my heart a little, even though I've never been a Jill fan.  I was shocked they left that in the episode--I think it revealed a lot about their relationship. 

3 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

It could have been. They all mesh together at a certain point. lol

Haha and we know how good Jill is with getting help if something is wrong with her. coughlaborcough

The whole seen was all so nonchalant from the way the doctor spoke to her and how neither J or D reacted. The whole thing struck me odd.

I also thought it was odd. Especially given her anxiety of shower racks, you'd think that this would be concerning. Part of me wonders if this was staged to be part of her pregnancy reveal when she goes for follow up testing? They haven't announced on the show yet or have they? I just find it hard to believe Jill wasn't freaking out from this info. 

27 minutes ago, Jiraffe said:

This this this a thousand times. I posted something similar somewhere...she looked so sad when she said that. I totally got the impression he tells her she's wrong. It broke my heart a little, even though I've never been a Jill fan.  I was shocked they left that in the episode--I think it revealed a lot about their relationship. 

I'm not ready to rule out that Jill might be publicly generalizing (or that Derick might often be criticizing).  Either way, something seems off.

9 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I found it all super vague and cliffhanger-ish. I don't know why he would have checked her carotid, I've never had it done but maybe it's normal? 

it was weird...I was distracted from what was being said by Jill's discomfort because the doctor was so close to her, even though Derrick was sitting right there...I don't think that was faked.

7 hours ago, Lizzybet said:

I've told my husband I don't like flowery declarations on social media. If he wants to wish me, his 'beautiful wife and best friend' a happy birthday, that's fine, even very sweet, but other than that, no thank you.

I find it self serving and transparent when the Duggars use YouTube videos to send birthday greetings, congratulatory messages, or speak of their pride in another family member, with whom they are, presumably, in touch by phone at least, possibly even living with in the SAME HOUSE. Why? Who are they directing their speeches to? Their public/base, that's who.

Who's buying this? Don't their fans, some, anyway, see this? 

this! 

The happy birthday video with Jordyn(?) showed exactly who those birthday greetings are made for. Michelle trying desperately to find something to say about her daughter whilst the poor child looks totally bewildered at being addressed in this way by her birth mother. 

That wasn't for Jordyn, that was a pathetic way of her parents trying to pretend they are a happy family. 

I doubt their marriage is that much trouble. It's likely they are going through a growing pain struggle. Chances are Jill and Derrick are realizing that their life is not what they dreamed it would be. It's obvious that Derrick want a life with more of an adventure that might involve preachering ( I have a feeling Derrick just sees the preachering as a ways to the means. That or with him being a more of a new convert (in the sense of drinking the kolaid more way) is making him over zealous). Derrick is also likely having conflicts with his past and present for life style which is likely making him appear a bit bitter. While Jill probably thought marriage and family life was going to be like what her parents put forth with her discovering that not every marriage life is not like that. Plus with the missionary life I bet she never saw or learned about the bad aspects and living aboard was a wake up call. Right now those two are using social media to make us other envious but also as a way to cope with their struggles. It's likely that they will get over this hurdle and I bet if things ever cross path of horror (likely above what Josh did to Anna) that divorce could be on the table. At least to me for the couple of images from New Years Eve on couch that didn't look staged I think they are still in love. 

As for their health. Well, I think that artery bit was likely discover a while ago and was shown on the show to deflect attention from Derrick. With Derrick's vomiting and no answers I know how he feels. I struggle with vomiting on regular basis (11 years) where some times the flare ups are horrible. Along side not having answers as to why is a b*tch. I bet Derrick has times when it's worse then others even if it only occurs during exercising. For me it flare up more when under stress and excerising can mask the cause. Plus one of the flare ups I lost 20 lbs within weeks so learning about Derrick's struggle makes the death like appearance of his makes sense. 

Going back to the social media use makes me think that Jessa and Ben probably have the stronger marriage. Even if it looks like Jess is annoyed with Ben on the show. Which is kind of humorous to think about. Although I'm basing this on the fact that I do not think Ben & Jessa social media is filled with the sappy messages as Jill & Derrick  

22 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I also thought it was odd. Especially given her anxiety of shower racks, you'd think that this would be concerning. Part of me wonders if this was staged to be part of her pregnancy reveal when she goes for follow up testing? They haven't announced on the show yet or have they? I just find it hard to believe Jill wasn't freaking out from this info. 

They're only in early October on the show (it was 28 days before the wedding when they had their bachelor/ette parties. That means Jilly was just getting knocked up, ie. she didn't know anything at that point...she probably found out around Jinger's wedding.  

To me Jill has always seemed like the most naive of the Duggar girls, believing completely in the fairy-tale of marriage, missionary and a two-digits amount of children. 

In a way I feel kind of sorry for her. Getting pregnant right after the wedding and going through a though birth right before her and Dereck went to Central America where she probably also expected everything to go easy as long as she was submissive to her lord and husband. 

In that perspective it's not odd at all that she was feeling anxiety towards shower racks and experiencing "difficulties" in conceiving her second (i use the quotation marks only in Duggan-World 30 months between pregnancies are considered a long time, but I'm sure she expected to concieve before Jessa). 

So yes, I think that Jill definitely struggles, although I don't think it's because of any marital problems, (in some ways i actually think that Derick does a good job supporting her, at least within their extreme beliefs) but rather because the way she has been raised mixed with her own expectations to become the perfect Duggan-Daughter and Michelle-copy. 

I think that Jessa in some ways are a lot smarter than Jill. She is probably more egocentric and knows that the best way for her to live a comfortable life is to keep close to the family and TLC thus generating income to her family and having access to Jana and the other J-slaves for babysitting and support. 

Can someone please give me the tl;dr version of the shower rack?  I was offline for a couple weeks and come back and see references to shower racks everywhere.  I've been trying to keep up since I've been back, but I don't have time to go back and see what happened with the shower.  Thanks!

34 minutes ago, meee said:

Can someone please give me the tl;dr version of the shower rack?  I was offline for a couple weeks and come back and see references to shower racks everywhere.  I've been trying to keep up since I've been back, but I don't have time to go back and see what happened with the shower.  Thanks!

A shower rack fell, Jill and Derick thought someone had entered the house and cornered themselves into a bathroom while calling home and asking for prayers.

1 minute ago, Fundie Bunny said:

A shower rack fell, Jill and Derick thought someone had entered the house and cornered themselves into a bathroom while calling home and asking for prayers.

And Jill was so traumatised by it that she was still crying months later when talking about it.

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I don't even care, if this makes me and asshole of epic proportions, BUT this whole thing makes me cackle.

I just view this whole scenario as: they are always praying and looking to god for answers/guidance, but being totally blind to god's answer. Like their reaction to the rogue shower rack, is actually god's way of saying "this isn't for you, go home".

7 hours ago, shiverful said:

To me Jill has always seemed like the most naive of the Duggar girls, believing completely in the fairy-tale of marriage, missionary and a two-digits amount of children. 

In a way I feel kind of sorry for her. Getting pregnant right after the wedding and going through a though birth right before her and Dereck went to Central America where she probably also expected everything to go easy as long as she was submissive to her lord and husband. 

In that perspective it's not odd at all that she was feeling anxiety towards shower racks and experiencing "difficulties" in conceiving her second (i use the quotation marks only in Duggan-World 30 months between pregnancies are considered a long time, but I'm sure she expected to concieve before Jessa). 

So yes, I think that Jill definitely struggles, although I don't think it's because of any marital problems, (in some ways i actually think that Derick does a good job supporting her, at least within their extreme beliefs) but rather because the way she has been raised mixed with her own expectations to become the perfect Duggan-Daughter and Michelle-copy. 

I think that Jessa in some ways are a lot smarter than Jill. She is probably more egocentric and knows that the best way for her to live a comfortable life is to keep close to the family and TLC thus generating income to her family and having access to Jana and the other J-slaves for babysitting and support. 

Jessa is way less naive. I get the sense she sees through a lot of the bullshit and knows what needs to happen for her to live the life she wants. She so far has been able to advocate for herself more successfully than Jill in terms of the kind of life she wants to live. Still not living in that big mansion though. I do wonder if Jill regrets moving to Central America. 

On 2/10/2017 at 8:50 PM, Yes, TOTALLY said:

Agree with this totally.  I'm not married, but my boyfriend has seen me puking, fainting, nauseous, in pain, in a hospital bed hooked up to a morphine drip and in many other gross situations and he still thinks I'm hot.  I used to think like @OyToTheVey and was weird about even using the bathroom around him, but then I got crohn's disease and I had to change my way of thinking.  I actually think that being real and sometimes gross around him has made us closer.

Because of my advanced age (69ish) and with a young s-i-l, the day he saw me in my diaper he said, "Look, I'm probably the one who will have to bathe you at some time in the future so there is no need to be  embarrased."  Made me feel a little better knowing he will be around for the long haul and I could depend on him. (no pun intended-really).

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived