IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

39 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Oh, so I see he's taken up the Tool's internship torch.

What's next, Hazardous Journeys?

Oh, he's had this for quite some years. IIRC it's how Taylor Tsantles caught his eye and was able to marry ... Blair? Scottie's older brunette daughter. 

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 99.9% sure that Bradrick! was once one of Scottie's NCFIC interns. I've always thought Scottie dreamed up the internship program for two reasons: lots of free labor, and lots of patriarchally-screened-and-vetted, potential courtship candidates for his daughters. 

4 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

I'm 99.9% sure that Bradrick! was once one of Scottie's NCFIC interns. I've always thought Scottie dreamed up the internship program for two reasons: lots of free labor, and lots of patriarchally-screened-and-vetted, potential courtship candidates for his daughters. 

No, he was a DPIAT intern and, if anything, once he merged with Kelly, he was given the headship of the NCFIC internship program.  I think one of the reasons he chose Bradrick! was because he was already a "graduated" intern from DPIAT's program.  I think Bradrick!'s first job with Scottie was as some kind of personal assistant and he moved from DPIAT's Texas to Scottie's Wake Forest compound. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it. 

BUT, definitely Scottie saw the internship plan as something to add to his own ministry.  Free labor and young impressionable man-cubs to marry his daughters off to.  

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh, he's had this for quite some years. IIRC it's how Taylor Tsantles caught his eye and was able to marry ... Blair? Scottie's older brunette daughter. 

Taylor Tsantles was 17 when he married Blair Brown, and I think she was 22.  I guess it's working out since they have about 6 kids now, but SERIOUSLY?  Is he even old enough to vote?

17 minutes ago, WonderingInWA said:

No, he was a DPIAT intern and, if anything, once he merged with Kelly, he was given the headship of the NCFIC internship program.  I think one of the reasons he chose Bradrick! was because he was already a "graduated" intern from DPIAT's program.  I think Bradrick!'s first job with Scottie was as some kind of personal assistant and he moved from DPIAT's Texas to Scottie's Wake Forest compound. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it. 

BUT, definitely Scottie saw the internship plan as something to add to his own ministry.  Free labor and young impressionable man-cubs to marry his daughters off to.  

Taylor Tsantles was 17 when he married Blair Brown, and I think she was 22.  I guess it's working out since they have about 6 kids now, but SERIOUSLY?  Is he even old enough to vote?

I believe your timeline is correct. BRADRICK! was attached to DPIAR's butt and the most favored intern. Twin2's amazing captioned photo still commemorate their love affair in the archives and maybe still on the old board.

Oh dear. I had forgotten about Blair and Taylor... SIX KIDS????? Taylor is what, 25 at the very most?

ETA: Taylor's design website is still up and mighty fancy:

www.steadfastdesignfirm.com

He has 6 kids and he should barely be out of college.

13 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

Well that's what age, time, and the flu will do to me! You're right of course, and I did know once that Bradrick! was DPIAT's right-hand guy. Duh.

And yes, according to Blair Tsantles' FB page, she and her child-groom have five children, per a pic from November 2016. Very cute kids.

13 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

young impressionable man-cubs

love this! 

18 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

I've always thought Scottie dreamed up the internship program for two reasons: lots of free labor, and lots of patriarchally-screened-and-vetted, potential courtship candidates for his daughters. 

Can you imagine if the Arndts followed this model with home-schooled girl interns?  Hilarity ensues.  It would be a great plot twist for Vine Valley and maybe the only thing that would save that perpetually-in-the-making movie, as long as Vine Valley includes zombies.  An additional plot twist is everyone finding out at the end that only penguins are taken up during the Rapture. 

Anyway, back to Bradrick!, Kelly and Scottie.  Putting an X on the calendar each day until the marriage conference.  I soooo want to see what Scottie has to say.  Scottie has God on speed dial on the red phone, and put in a "WTF, God?" call when he got the news about Kelly and Bradrick!  that went to voicemail.  What are the chances that he hasn't heard back? 

My favorite memory of Peter being Doug's right-hand man is Jen Fishburne's account of Peter trailing her all over a homeschool convention with a walkie-talkie, like he was Secret Service and she was Squeaky Fromme. 

Well, just took a peek at Scottie's "National Center for Family Integrated Churches" FB page, which is full of video clips of Scottie and various and sundry fellow preachers, holding forth. Lo and behold, a comment beneath "The Duties of Parents:"

I am curious if your thoughts have changed regarding "training up a child" in lieu of the news that your oldest "child" is in the midst of a divorce. Does this mean that you have failed as a parent in leading her to the perfect man for her? I am interested in what you have to say regarding this. Thank you.

A fellow FJ-er, perchance?

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

My favorite memory of Peter being Doug's right-hand man is Jen Fishburne's account of Peter trailing her all over a homeschool convention with a walkie-talkie, like he was Secret Service and she was Squeaky Fromme. 

Good times! Good times. ;-)

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Thanks for taking one for the team, @Marian the Librarian!  That's a delightful find!  It's also obvious that they think Obama is the Antichrist. 

So strange that Antichrist just gave up the presidency after two terms.

5 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

So strange that Antichrist just gave up the presidency after two terms.

You'd think he'd have a little more... perseverance

Yeah, wasn't he supposed to sign an executive order declaring himself Dictator For Life?

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

You'd think he'd have a little more... perseverance

Apparently they think he's AntiChristing in a different venue, helping to promote evil Islam.  It's not a bad thing to visit these types of web sites so we know the specific type of bat-shit crazy we're up against.  The whole patriarchy thing is just the tip of the whackaloon iceberg. 

Remember Petey and his pals bemoaning "Tyranny Eve"? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

But seven years later, you still got healthcare and all your guns, doncha, boy? Get back to me in another four, fool. 

Whatever is going on in their marriage now - and I am not unsympathetic - I still can't help remembering their rise to the patriarchy throne and their own parts in that rise.

Kelly was 'sturdy' because she went under a fence; Petey wouldn't 'love' her but 'chose' her for said 'sturdiness'. Kelly breeded instantly, living in an old house without heat or hot water...or little enough that Petey thought it was praise to tell the world his wife had to heat water on the stove; Kelly dragged across Europe for a Dougie costume show and ending up life flighted in a foreign country. Their entire lives being used to push an agenda and their peers sinking into the adoration - remember CH Hayden and his utter worship of the godly Petey and his helpmeet Kelly?

Their parents forced them into their lives. Of that their is no doubt. 

But, in the end, both are adults with children and given all things  - of the last three years especially - they know better. They know they are not perfect, ideal or god's special couple. They've known it for a long time, even before Dougie's downfall. They both, however, chose to wallow in the fundie worship heaped upon them. Both chose to play their roles as model patriarchy, fucked up religion people. They named their children absurd names because they totally bought into it. And Peter most certainly bought into his prince-hood. He held no job outside his father in law or Dougie; his Bradrick! attempt was a half assed attempt to capitalize on natural destruction after the 2011 tornado.

He's a shit and I can't see any reason he'd consider valid for change. He's been turned into a god - used as a tool for others, but he absolutely sucked it up and tried to use it - and one doesn't come down from that very easily. Sure, he left NC and went to his family in WA - the same family that put him where he was in the first place.

I don't see either of them changing anything. I am sure that there are a thousand bible verses surrounding their justification for divorce. 

We all WANT it to be a case of Kelly shaking shit up and becoming her own person but really, neither is capable. And, I don't think either is willing. 

I don't even know if it's a good thing they're divorcing. Who will take care of them? Who will worship them; put them on the pedestals they've spent their entire lives propped upon? 

Yes, people can and do change. But, usually - maybe not always, but usually - those who change are surrounded by people who love and support them and their intent to change. Neither Peter nor Kelly are surrounded by anyone other than the ones who put them into their lives in the first place.

No change, I'd bet my life. Just lots and lots of justification behind bible verses. 

No change, I'd bet my life. Just lots and lots of justification behind bible verses. 

@fundiefan,

I'd give you all the likes if I could. 

But I would still be sad at what you wrote, because I 99% expect it's the truth. 

Talk about effed up lives. 

his Bradrick! attempt was a half assed attempt to capitalize on natural destruction after the 2011 tornado.

Son of a bitch! His kind can kiss my ass and stay away from disaster areas.

8 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

I am waiting for Christian Heritage to chime in here.  Good old Susan Bradrick to market her homeskool bullshit.  https://www.christianheritageonline.org/

Omm gee, how's about this: Scott Tissue Brown and his helpmeet Deborah were *in *Washington *state training up young marrieds in the way they ... should ... go? I mean, Scott Tissue *is* still 2 for 3 for having successfully arranged marriages of his sons and daughters! Maybe it's worth the trip!!

That Deborah Brown does have fabulous hair  

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Omm gee, how's about this: Scott Tissue Brown and his helpmeet Deborah were *in *Washington *state training up young marrieds in the way they ... should ... go? I mean, Scott Tissue *is* still 2 for 3 for having successfully arranged marriages of his sons and daughters! Maybe it's worth the trip!!

Who's the hippie dude on the left?!! 1 Cor. 11:14-16: "Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him?" 

But I guess it's just anything goes these days, huh, Scott? Your daughter Kelly is getting a divorce, your little granddaughter Geneva is wearing gender-nonconforming pants, and an attendee at your bullshit conference looks like he stepped out of a Portlandia episode. Occupy Dominionism!

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

an attendee at your bullshit conference looks like he stepped out of a Portlandia episode.

I noticed that guy.  He looked like a 1 on the manly wide-stance scale, with Bradrick! and DPIAT being perfect 10s. 

Who's the hippie dude on the left?!! 1 Cor. 11:14-16: "Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him?" 
But I guess it's just anything goes these days, huh, Scott? Your daughter Kelly is getting a divorce, your little granddaughter Geneva is wearing gender-nonconforming pants, and an attendee at your bullshit conference looks like he stepped out of a Portlandia episode. Occupy Dominionism!

My guess is he's a fugitive from the Driscoll cult.

43 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

My guess is he's a fugitive from the Driscoll cult.

:Bazinga:

OK, I have a crap cold and going slightly crazy with itchy runny nose. Now I'm laughing really loud  and feel great! 

p.s.  I love Portlandia

15 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

One of the guys in that photo is this guy http://mssparky.com/2011/03/sex-offender-patrick-rojas-sues-victims-parents-for-blogging-about-him/

The guy on the left with the long hair looks like weird Al.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived