IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

The guy next to the redhead?  

Spot on with Weird Al! 

10 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

One of the guys in that photo is this guy http://mssparky.com/2011/03/sex-offender-patrick-rojas-sues-victims-parents-for-blogging-about-him/

The guy on the left with the long hair looks like weird Al.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

The guy next to the redhead?  

Spot on with Weird Al! 

Yes. They've been married a few years. She's the daughter of the pastor of a sister church to the one Patrick was in when he offended. 

29 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Yes. They've been married a few years. She's the daughter of the pastor of a sister church to the one Patrick was in when he offended. 

How awful. 

If I'm putting this together correctly, at age 22, Patrick Rojas sexually assaulted an 11-year-old girl from the congregation where his father (Eddie Rojas)  was a pastor (Peninsula Household of Faith Community Church). He received a slap on the wrist through a plea deal.  We're talking pedophile here who went to jail for a few days and then was in treatment for nine months.   According to the mom of the victim  http://ourstoryhelp.blogspot.com/, Rojas' psych sexual evaluation clarified that there were five more victims.     Through her blog, she sought  to get the word out:  sex offender in the midst, bad actors in the church trying to cover up sexual abuse.

10 hours ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

Also, if I'm understanding Ms. Sparky's post correctly, Patrick Rojas' parents and !!!11!!! of their kids hightailed it out of the country to keep three of those sisters from testifying at their brother's trial.

So a little extrapolation here: Patrick Rojas "repented", is married to a sheltered and naive young woman, is probably ensconced with a congregation potential victim pool and likely starting a family victim pool of his own.  Truly, this is Doug Wilson/Stephen Sitler level crap.  

Sometimes I think the WTF factor can't increase with these people and then the WTF factor increases exponentially and yet this is not a rare scenario in extreme fundy churches.  

ETA: Noticed this quote on the mom's blog, dedicated to Eddie Rojas (Patrick's dad):  "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."~ Blaise Pascal

ETA, part Deux:  @hoipolloi said, "My guess is he's a fugitive from the Driscoll cult."

So I went over to The Wartburg Watch, because the victim's mom linked to it on her blog and searched "Patrick Rojas" and two posts popped up from 2012 (here and here, summarizing Dee's phone calls with elders from  Patrick Rojas' church.  Interesting, but this is what caught my eye: 

I [Dee] then called Danielle [the victim's mom] to ask her the name of the church that Patrick was currently attending. She said that when she received the documents for the lawsuit last year, Patrick claimed he was attending Mars Hill, not another HOFCC church.

Sigh. 

@Howl most accurate, but the elder Rojases left with their minor children to avoid having them interviewed by dhs. As the children turned 18 they trickled back to the states. Eddie did return a few years ago and was arrested, but I don't know what came of that. I think the youngest children are still outside of the US. 

Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington is hosting another marriage retreat this month - details here:

https://www.christianheritageonline.org/events/marriage/

No indication that Scottie and Deborah Brown will be involved; this one is being led by Scott LaPierre, who's written a book called "Marriage God's Way." (Spoiler: it's all about wives submitting, submitting, submitting...)

1 hour ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington is hosting another marriage retreat this month - details here:

No indication that Scottie and Deborah Brown will be involved; this one is being led by Scott LaPierre, who's written a book called "Marriage God's Way." (Spoiler: it's all about wives submitting, submitting, submitting...)

There's an awful lot of beer-drinkin' that goes on in Leavenworth.  Think small fake Bavarian tourist town, here.  I am a 2-hours' drive from there and we're getting a crap-ton of snow this year, so I can only imagine how well-attended this conference will (won't!) be.

1 hour ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Oh, my. This comment...

“I can’t wait to get home and respect my husband better!”

(from https://www.christianheritageonline.org/strengthening-families-in-washington/, I forget who posted the link)

Why can I not open up ONE THREAD in this section without tales of some aspiring Patriarch sexually abusing somebody spilling out? Why?

On 2/4/2017 at 10:39 PM, WonderingInWA said:

I am waiting for Christian Heritage to chime in here.  Good old Susan Bradrick to market her homeskool bullshit.  https://www.christianheritageonline.org/

I can save y'all the trouble of spending $179 for a marriage workshop. Here's the schedule with a brief interpretation for each part of the workshop, which I think gets directly to the point.  Also, my direct interpretation can be understood in 30 seconds or even less, rather than listening to a Headship Penis Holder discussing it all day.  

Marriage Retreat Schedule or Lessons in Penis Worship

Thursday, February 16th

7:00 p.m.         Reversing the Effects of the Fall in Your Marriage or Wives, submit! 

Friday, February 17th

7:30 a.m.         Breakfast Buffet Opens cooked by a real CHEF, presumably with a penis

9:30 a.m.         A Husband’s Love or Blah, blah, Penis Headship

10:30 a.m.       Break

11:00 a.m.       A Wife’s Submission or Wives,  Submit! 

12:00 p.m.       Lunch

2:00 p.m.         How Husbands Ought to Treat Their Wives or Blah, blah, Penis Headship

3:00 p.m.         Break

3:45 p.m.         How Wives Ought to Respect Their Husbands or Wives, submit!

4:30 p.m.         Retreat Ends 

For some reason Devo's lyrics from Praying Hands come to mind: 

OK....Relax... 
And assume the position 
Go into doggie submission

On 2/6/2017 at 11:25 AM, Anonymousguest said:

@Howl most accurate, but the elder Rojases left with their minor children to avoid having them interviewed by dhs. As the children turned 18 they trickled back to the states. Eddie did return a few years ago and was arrested, but I don't know what came of that. I think the youngest children are still outside of the US. 

To avoid having them interviewed about the possibility of having been sexually abused by Patrick (their brother?).  Citizenship status? Please clarify.  I thought the arrest warrant for the dad was based on witness tampering.  From that, I inferred that the daughters were the witnesses (inferring again) against their brother. 

Back to Scott Brown.  The couples marriage retreat begins tomorrow evening in the Brown's living room at The Farm.  From the NCFIC  Web site: 

We also will have some of our married children with us and that provides many opportunities for conversation about matters of getting married.

We will consider God’s beautiful design for marriage and define what makes for godly intimacy in marriage. We will illustrate from scripture how headship and submission work in marriage, and how husbands and wives lovingly work for one another’s sanctification, and how to troubleshoot problems in marriage.

We will outline how to identify potential spouses for our children, detail how we encourage young men to ready themselves for marriage, and identify various ways to connect with others who may be potential marriage partners.

We will identify how to prepare sons and daughters for marriage and lay the foundation from the early years. We will study the scripture for how young people should treat one another in the church.

We will also speak of “leaving and cleaving,” and how to conduct oneself while planning the wedding and how to become a godly in-law.

I know I'm flirting with bitterness here, but I'm betting that Bradrick! and Kelly's divorce is NEVER MENTIONED. And we'll likely never know.  

The hubris of this is astounding, I don't see them taking a pause to figure out what went wrong with the marriage of their eldest daughter, whose courtship and marriage was propped up as an example for others to emulate. It seems Peter and Kelly followed every rule in the book and the marriage still fell apart, yet they continue to use and advocate that others use the same model.  What's that definition of insanity again? 

Forgive me for not knowing much about the Bradricks. I did Google and find he was a former BFF of Doug  Phillips from the Vision Forum/ATI cult.  From what I can tell, Bradrick said he was "disowned" by Phillips. Can someone get me up to speed?

2 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Forgive me for not knowing much about the Bradricks. I did Google and find he was a former BFF of Doug  Phillips from the Vision Forum/ATI cult.  From what I can tell, Bradrick said he was "disowned" by Phillips. Can someone get me up to speed?

October 2013, Peter Bradrick (Doug Phillip's personal assistant and close confidant) and a group of other close friends confronted Doug about an affair. Doug apparently came unglued (see here: https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/.../doug-phillips.../) but eventually admitted to the affair and closed Vision Forum. Vision Forum Ministries, which was a quasi-separate entity, posted confessions (still online: http://www.visionforumministries.org/ ) and the board shut it all down. A lawsuit ensued (see here for the gory details: https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/.../doug-phillips-vs.../) and was eventually settled, at which point Doug posted (and eventually removed) to Facebook how he had been persecuted but had triumphed and the lawsuit was baseless (it wasn't). There is now activity that suggests that, with all the unpleasantness behind him, Doug is going to attempt a comeback -- God help us all.

Peter and Kelly (Brown) Bradrick were high royalty in the VF world and held up an a shining example of all the ideals Doug espoused -- no dating, courtship, stay at home daughters, lots of kids, heavy patriarchy, etc. Their courtship & wedding were documented via videos, blogs, writings... they were the gold standard in what you could expect, as a parent, if you were Godly enough to follow the One True Way -- the VF way -- like Doug was doing. Only, Doug WASN'T doing... well he was... he was just doing the nanny... you know, like David did... it was all very biblical.

Well, 3+ years later and there's lots of broken families thanks to Doug's little cult -- and I believe more and more that it truly was a cult -- the Bradricks being just the latest example.

@Maxwell gave a good recap, but I will add that the "affair" with the nanny was sexual harrassment and assault, not consensual in any sense of the word. Hence the lawsuit.

Just now, halcionne said:

@Maxwell gave a good recap, but I will add that the "affair" with the nanny was sexual harrassment and assault, not consensual in any sense of the word. Hence the lawsuit.

Yes, thank you for clarifying that.  I didn't mean to imply that it was consensual but didn't really state that it wasn't either, sorry.

We all know Doug Phillips Is A Tool --  but I firmly believe that Bradrick! Is A Tool also.

I think Peter called DPIAT out for his behavior, not merely because it was so very, very wrong and against everything VF supposedly stood for -- But -- mostly because Bradrick! thought that as Dougie's BFF, confidant and #1 personal assistant that he would be the new king of VF once Dougie was deposed. 

A palace coup as it were. The Prince of VF assuming rule over the Kingdom of VF.

Except it didn't work out that way,  When everything settled, Bradrick! was out of a job, no longer royalty in a kingdom that no longer existed.

DPIAT is down, but not out as he seems poised to rise again.

And Bradrick!  Well ... he's no longer Prince of VF -- with no power, no platform -- selling real estate in WA state and getting a divorce.  

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

@Howl, they took the kids out of the country to avoid allowing them to speak to DHS about having been sexually molested by their brother Patrick. They said they were afraid of what DHS might put in the kids heads. 

I do know that all elders involved advised them not to go. 

15 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

@Howl, they took the kids out of the country to avoid allowing them to speak to DHS about having been sexually molested by their brother Patrick. They said they were afraid of what DHS might put in the kids heads. 

I do know that all elders involved advised them not to go. 

So in addition to possibly having been molested by their brother, they have to move and lose their home and friends to protect the pedophile who harmed them.  Wow.  That brings the definition of 'shitty parenting' to a whole new level.  

On 2/3/2017 at 10:55 AM, Khendra said:

Hell, all I needed was to see Kevin Love in his birthday suit.  

I just Googled Kevin Love, and uh, wow, there's a new wing being added to my wheelhouse as we speak.

2 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

@Howl, they took the kids out of the country to avoid allowing them to speak to DHS about having been sexually molested by their brother Patrick. They said they were afraid of what DHS might put in the kids heads. I do know that all elders involved advised them not to go. 

Thank you for that clarification.  Which brings up the question -- who paid for that large number of people to fly out of the country?  Who supported the family while they lived in the UK and then Italy?  The burn rate for a family of that size has to be substantial.  All that $$ going to keep a pedophile out of prison.  Yuck!!!!

That is a good question, and one I've asked people who should know. I believe they were working at a kibbutz while in Israel, the victims mother speculated Kathy was working as a midwife. I find it surprising that they even had passports for all the kids. They were living in poor conditions while here, in a single bedroom apartment over their garage. The kids shared the bedroom and the parents slept in the living room. They were...odd. The type of people who set off alarm bells when you meet them. I was sickened, but not completely shocked, when I heard. Which, despite attending a sister church, I learned what happened through the blog. I had heard rumors, knew they fled the country because DHS wanted to interview the kids, but hadn't heard the whole story. 

We will outline how to identify potential spouses for our children, detail how we encourage young men to ready themselves for marriage, and identify various ways to connect with others who may be potential marriage partners.

And this is different from "arranged marriages" how?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived