IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

24 minutes ago, 16strong said:

I work in a restaurant. Broccoli is by far the most popular vegetable. This is not an act of god.

ROTF laughing and burping (broccoli does that to me, but I devour it anyway!

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/23/2017 at 4:55 PM, divadivine said:

... wonder if we will ever find out the real reason behind the divorce? I think she was tired of Sippy Cup's ears. Imagine waking up to that every damn day? That would give you nightmares. 

I'm probably one who snarked on his ears. I hope not. When Peter was a rather one-dimensional bad guy, attached firmly to Doug Phillips Is a Tool's bum, making fun of something over which he had no control seemed insignificant. 

Then he stood up to his idol, got burned 3 ways from Sunday, and earned a lot of respect for making a cleaner break than I would've predicted. 

Now he's in a mess and who knows, he might read here. Unlikely but you never know. I'd prefer he see us discussing his ideas and behavior -- which he can control -- rather than the extra cartilage in his ears, over which he had no control. 

Just my 2 shekels. 

5 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I'm probably one who snarked on his ears. I hope not. When Peter was a rather one-dimensional bad guy, attached firmly to Doug Phillips Is a Tool's bum, making fun of something over which he had no control seemed insignificant. 

Then he stood up to his idol, got burned 3 ways from Sunday, and earned a lot of respect for making a cleaner break than I would've predicted. 

Now he's in a mess and who knows, he might read here. Unlikely but you never know. I'd prefer he see us discussing his ideas and behavior -- which he can control -- rather than the extra cartilage in his ears, over which he had no control. 

I'm good with this, specifically and in general. I don't like seeing snarks on looks or even fashion choices. But can we still make fun of DPIAT's wide stance?

Well, it looks like the long-time, vociferous foe of homeschooling and family-integrated churches, Tim Bayly, has heard about it, and boy, does he rub it in:

“Patriarchal homeschooling enclaves are dogged by rebellion against authority…”

“Start with learning at a tender age that government schooling is anti-Christian, then add the constant critique of the media's lies around the family table—homosexual marriage, global warming, evolution, gun control, Black Lives Matter, etc. Ice the cake with one or more of the following: grinding our own grain, gathering our own eggs from the chicken coop, having home births, joining health co-ops as an alternative to Obamacare, watching our movies through Mormon filtering companies, slaughtering our own pork and beef, drinking raw milk, having our own Christian versions of food fads, weaving our own toilet paper, and spending four days in the car on pilgrimage to the Creation Museum every other year. Honestly, who would be surprised by the children growing up in these homes being distrustful of their pastors, elders, deacons, and the older women of their church?”

“…So now, let me say it again: homeschooling families don't raise church-submitting children.”

And just to make super-duper sure everyone knows he’s specifically calling out Scott (without actually having to call out Scott): “You say you believe in family-centered churches (although you prefer the term ‘family-integrated’)?”

I have to admit, he made me laugh with “weaving our own toilet paper.” But damn him, he turned his blog’s comments off! That comment section would have been awesome.

http://baylyblog.com/blog/2017/01/good-father-teaching-your-children-submit-authority

22 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

I'm good with this, specifically and in general. I don't like seeing snarks on looks or even fashion choices. But can we still make fun of DPIAT's wide stance?

I'm really not keen on snark on people's looks, especially if it would require surgical intervention to "fix" them to the snarker's subjective preferences.  None of us can help what we look like.  As I once said when this subject came up on a VF thread (paraphrase):  Doug Philips can't do anything about the shape of his mouth but he can certainly control the words that come out of it.

I'm all for mocking DPIAT's wide stance.  It's hilarious! 

13 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

And just to make super-duper sure everyone knows he’s specifically calling out Scott (without actually having to call out Scott): “You say you believe in family-centered churches (although you prefer the term ‘family-integrated’)?”

I have to admit, he made me laugh with “weaving our own toilet paper.” But damn him, he turned his blog’s comments off! That comment section would have been awesome.

I laughed out loud at that.  The raw milk was a definite dig at Scottie too.

Thanks for posting this.  I wish he hadn't turned off the comments!

I feel guilty for enjoying it so much when Bayly goes after other fundies, but really, how can you not? He's just so bitchy

@DomWackTroll thank you, now I need to go be sick.

Toilet paper is not a luxury - and poo bits do not go in the sink (if you're rinsing them out) or in the bin.  They go in the toilet with paper and then get flushed away out of the house (with bleach thrown in if its a bad one)!

This classifying reasonable things as wants instead of needs has to stop!!!

22 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Does any one mind if i find the idea of the family cloth absolutely disgusting?  No one?  OK then,

The very idea of family cloth gives me nightmares!

I'm intrigued but disgusted by the idea of family cloth.

Hm

I certainly wouldn't want to be the one washing it though. And I'd definitely want everyone to have their own set of cloths. Something about wiping my bottom with something that wiped my dad's bottom makes me gag a little.

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

But it's a huge cake, and I remember using cake mascara years ago and loving it -- except shed one tear and it's running down your face.

No problem for fundies -- happy face is mandatory.  Tears are for loser heathens who don't know the profound happiness of militant fecundity,  the sweetness of denigrating one's entire being in the name of submission to headship and the other random joys of Patriarchy.  

My granny's stories of using the Sears catalog sounds more appealing than a family cloth......ewww.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

The raw milk was a definite dig at Scottie too.

The Brown women (wife and daughter) have a herd of milk cows and create raw dairy products, IIRC?

It's odd, because I wasn't aware of a connection between Family Integrated Churches and the wholesome homestead-y life.  

35 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I'm intrigued but disgusted by the idea of family cloth.

Hm

I certainly wouldn't want to be the one washing it though. And I'd definitely want everyone to have their own set of cloths. Something about wiping my bottom with something that wiped my dad's bottom makes me gag a little.

I've seen a Facebook meme that says "Back in the day, we used the same bar of soap that Dad washed his man-bits with."

God I hope so. I do. That's something he DOES and can help so fair game imho.
Does any one mind if i find the idea of the family cloth absolutely disgusting?  No one?  OK then,

Oh god why did you have to remind me that was a thing? *gags in horror.

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

http://baylyblog.com/blog/2017/01/good-father-teaching-your-children-submit-authority

I'd like to think that our homesteady fundies make their own toilet paper. That's because I do not want to think about "family cloths". IIRC, even Dna put his foot down on that one when Emily tried it.

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

It's just barely an exaggeration, though: 

http://www.pennilessparenting.com/2010/06/reusable-toilet-paper-family-cloth.html

I knew if I googled "christian homemade toilet paper," I'd find something

I'm glad I'm not the only person with things like that in my search history. I like to think I'm giving the NSA agents a chuckle at least.

3 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Well, that depends upon whether he chooses to do it, or it is simply how he is made. 

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

I feel guilty for enjoying it so much when Bayly goes after other fundies, but really, how can you not? He's just so bitchy

That is why he is my favorite fundie LOL!

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Well, it looks like the long-time, vociferous foe of homeschooling and family-integrated churches, Tim Bayly, has heard about it, and boy, does he rub it in:

“Patriarchal homeschooling enclaves are dogged by rebellion against authority…”

“Start with learning at a tender age that government schooling is anti-Christian, then add the constant critique of the media's lies around the family table—homosexual marriage, global warming, evolution, gun control, Black Lives Matter, etc. Ice the cake with one or more of the following: grinding our own grain, gathering our own eggs from the chicken coop, having home births, joining health co-ops as an alternative to Obamacare, watching our movies through Mormon filtering companies, slaughtering our own pork and beef, drinking raw milk, having our own Christian versions of food fads, weaving our own toilet paper, and spending four days in the car on pilgrimage to the Creation Museum every other year. Honestly, who would be surprised by the children growing up in these homes being distrustful of their pastors, elders, deacons, and the older women of their church?”

“…So now, let me say it again: homeschooling families don't raise church-submitting children.”

I just tried to read Timmy's blog and didn't understand a thought. 

It was like looking at a Doug Wilson Lite article. Lite because I recognized all the words. 

Guys, this whole thing is hitting way too close to home for me.

(Backstory: When I quit my professional dance career at 24 and met my husband, I felt lost and directionless and WANTED a man to lead the way while I followed. I got into a fundie-esque marriage... five years later, I started dancing again and "coming in to my own," and almost two years later it's clear he resents that. The verbal abuse has been escalating, and he threatened to beat me.)

Luckily we have no children to be dragged into this mess. But, after being supported solely by my husband for so long, the idea of a divorce being close by is flipping terrifying.

Sorry if I derailed the thread, I just really needed to get that out. I feel for Kelly, because I'm f**king terrified right now.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived