IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

@Red Hair, Black Dress

My guess would be head ship would go to father if the daughter returned to live at home, which is likely. If she did not she would be under the authority of the pastor or elder of her church. I'm basing this on my experience in an FIC with the rare cases of a single woman as a member, not attending with her parents.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, when did we all decide to give Bradrick a pass? Was I flagged inactive during that time? Because from what I can see, he did call Doug out but he hasn't renounced his allegiance to Christian patriarchy or Dominionist politics.

1 hour ago, Jencendiary said:

So, when did we all decide to give Bradrick a pass? Was I flagged inactive during that time? Because from what I can see, he did call Doug out but he hasn't renounced his allegiance to Christian patriarchy or Dominionist politics.

Thank you!! I completely agree.

13 hours ago, Jencendiary said:

I have always wondered about this. I mean, down deep inside?  I give him credit for calling out DPIAT and it seems that the Fall of Dougie rocked his world enough that he moved across the country and settled near his parents, moving his wife away from her parents, that could have not been a coincidence.  But's that's only part of the picture.   He's found a new livelihood, Kelly has a nose ring but that's only on the surface. Where does he really stand?   I mean, down deep inside?   I can't help but think that this divorce might be part of the answer but how, I don't know.  

2 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I have always wondered about this. I mean, down deep inside?  I give him credit for calling out DPIAT and it seems that the Fall of Dougie rocked his world enough that he moved across the country and settled near his parents, moving his wife away from her parents, that could have not been a coincidence.  But's that's only part of the picture.   He's found a new livelihood, Kelly has a nose ring but that's only on the surface. Where does he really stand?   I mean, down deep inside?   I can't help but think that this divorce might be part of the answer but how, I don't know.  

It is a conundrum. Did he move away theologically? If she did, why else would she return to her parents (if she has returned.  We don't know).  

Are we indeed waving him on thru? I don't believe we are. (Not that it matters.) My personal reaction is, "he's lost a total babe of a wife and 6 very cute children -- that can't have been easy on him."  Can't be easy on her either; we really don't know, though  

Until someone who's truly in the know fills us in, there are more mysteries than sides taken, IMO. What we know for sure is that the vaunted, father-knows-best model Does! Not! Prevent heartbreak! Nor broken homes!

i don't think that message can be proclaimed loudly nor often enough. 

56 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

It is a conundrum. Did he move away theologically? If she did, why else would she return to her parents (if she has returned.  We don't know).  

Are we indeed waving him on thru? I don't believe we are. (Not that it matters.) My personal reaction is, "he's lost a total babe of a wife and 6 very cute children -- that can't have been easy on him."  Can't be easy on her either; we really don't know, though  

Until someone who's truly in the know fills us in, there are more mysteries than sides taken, IMO. What we know for sure is that the vaunted, father-knows-best model Does! Not! Prevent heartbreak! Nor broken homes!

i don't think that message can be proclaimed loudly nor often enough. 

Well, certainly Scottie's got a lot of 'splainin' to do at his upcoming annual conference "Marriages of Our Sons and Daughters" on Feb. 10-11, 2017.  

*edited for punctuation

3 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

Well, certainly Scottie's got a lot of 'splainin' to do at his upcoming annual conference "Marriages of Our Sons and Daughters" on Feb. 10-11, 2017.  

*edited for punctuation

Gosh I hope he addresses it, it's like a ginormous white elephant in the room. I for one would love to see how he spins it, because it's going to need some very creative tap dancing.

I really hope Kelly isn't there to speak about what happened as a cautionary tale of what not to do.  I don't think she has moved there yet but she is still homeschooling so either Peter is paying a ton of child support or her family is helping.

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

I really hope Kelly isn't there to speak about what happened as a cautionary tale of what not to do.  I don't think she has moved there yet but she is still homeschooling so either Peter is paying a ton of child support or her family is helping.

ISB -- maybe his family is helping. You never know, in this crazy subculture. 

I'm sure that neither of them is anywhere close to thinking of this yet, but what if they want to remarry? What prospects are there for them if they stay in the fold? Will  they be black sheep, considered unsuitable for remarriage? If not, will the prospect of six kids make even the staunchest fundie hesitate? Kelly is a total babe, but will she be considered over the hill in fundie land?

i would love to be at Scottie's marriage conference. I predict one of two things:. 1) No mention of the divorce whatsoever and bitter rumination about gossip or 2) Bradrick! gets thrown under the bus and held up as an example of how Satan can deceive even the most scrupulous father.

For a moment I was wondering what Scott thinks of his daughter having a nose ring, but then I remembered that in the Bible Rebekah had one, so...

Does anyone know for certain that the kids are still homeschooled? Just curious.

16 hours ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Gosh I hope he addresses it, it's like a ginormous white elephant in the room. I for one would love to see how he spins it, because it's going to need some very creative tap dancing.

No, actually, it's pretty simple. He'll figure out which one to pin the blame on and rhapsodize over the power of sin. One of them "did it wrong", you see. The message will be "this is why we have to be extra careful of the wiles of the world... we have to stay close to our patriarch and not only accept, but solicit and welcome his guidance, for the devil is like a roaring lion, prowling about and seeking people to devour."

Their mistake was that they didn't let the elder Brown run their lives in EVERY aspect.

That's how I would predict he'll spin it.

On 1/28/2017 at 5:46 PM, DomWackTroll said:

I'm surprised that Jordan Niednagel hasn't made any thinly-veiled remarks about the Bradrick divorce on social media yet. He's another one who loves to gossip, and he openly pines for the "good ol' days" of VF

The worst was in late 2015 when he posted about a phone conversation he had with a guy where they admitted they had sexual fantasies about women other than their spouses, and that women need to accept that this happens because, even though it's a sin, men aren't robots.

Anyway, gossip, illogic, and unbiblical implications of that post aside, he didn't realize at the time that there was this hunk of a basketball player who had recently posed naked for ESPN, and it was all I could do to not run into a room and get off when I saw that.  Yet there was Jordan in all his partiarchal assumptiveness, thinking that only men have this problem, with Nathan Daher chiming in and saying that God creates temptation differently in men and women (unbiblical and not supported by the book of James).  Then of course so many of the robot women chimed in and said they needed a book to understand men and sexual temptation.

Hell, all I needed was to see Kevin Love in his birthday suit.  I don't know how any woman could look at that guy and not get physiological reactions and fantasies.  If Jordan wants to justify his, then I guess I can justify mine.  But unlike Jordan, I want to try and follow the Bible, not pick and choose and justify favorite sins while over-correcting people on others.  And per Genesis 39, women aren't allowed to lust any more than the men are.

On 2/1/2017 at 9:07 PM, Fundiewonder said:

I'm sure that neither of them is anywhere close to thinking of this yet, but what if they want to remarry? What prospects are there for them if they stay in the fold? Will  they be black sheep, considered unsuitable for remarriage? If not, will the prospect of six kids make even the staunchest fundie hesitate? Kelly is a total babe, but will she be considered over the hill in fundie land?

Well, actually, there's a growing tradition in The Christian Family Business Complex,Inc., that some are more equal than others and thus able to remarry after divorce! Yea, verily, even before the former spouse has died!!

Over at The Wartburg Watch, there's practically an over-under wager going on (not literally, I'm exaggerating a wee bit) as to how soon Barnabas Piper will be anointed to remarry!  Barnabas is the recently divorced son of John "Let The Abused Wife Suffer For A Season" Piper. 

John Piper's soundbite/Twittery school of theology ("Wondering who God meant you to marry? Look to your current spouse!"**) is responsible in large part for churches who excommunicate individuals who divorce - even when it's for documented abuse.  

These same churches say a member cannot leave their authority until the elders SAY they can leave their authority --- and surprise surprise, they say a divorcee is not free to remarry til the ex- is dead and buried. 

Except that divorced sons of the elders have been allowed to remarry. As have divorced daughters. See Tullian Tchividjian***and his momma, Billy Graham's daughter****.

Barnabas Piper, divorced son of THE ELDER, is even still employed at a Christian [sic] publishing company and scheduled to tour,  lecturing on marriage! 

There's a quadruple standard when it comes to the behaviors of THE LEADERS and those of everyone else.  Trust Kelly Jeannette to be remarried someday, if that's what Scott finds to be meet and right.

Yeah, I'm bitter.  These crooks are making a mockery of the loving, practical, living faith I was raised and have grown old in!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Not a direct quote, but pretty close  I can't stand to look at Piper's always-simpering, smug mug, but I invite anyone to google it -- can't be hard to find.  

***https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tullian_Tchividjian

****https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/magazine/article/the-next-generation-billy-graham/ 

(I give Gigi something a pass, since her story is: she married "at the tender age of 17" after her father, Billy Graham, pulled her out of school to be married to the son of a rich ministry  supporter!)

Ever the optimist, I'm predicting Scotty's spin: When you live a place like the Pacific Northwest, full of Godless Liberals (even if you're in a Christianist wingnut enclave), it is much easier for Satan to sink his talons into you and lead you to sin. This is exactly what happened to my annointed and appointed son-in-law, so it can happen to you, who are not quite so blessed. I call on all good people of faith to desert the den of iniquity that is the Northwest, and come back to God, who reigns over the Southeast*. Together we shall secede! Er, succeed?

*I always think of the states in the SEC as being the most logical grouping for the New Confederacy.

15 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Ever the optimist, I'm predicting Scotty's spin: ...I call on all good people of faith to desert the den of iniquity that is the Northwest, 

HEY! Why should OR & WA get all the luck!?!!!!??

Free the Mississippi Valley!!!!!

Great post otherwise, @Black Aliss!!!

On 1/25/2017 at 2:02 PM, ChunkyBarbie said:

Anna T is still alive and easily overwhelmed. She has three children now. Having two humbled her somewhat, she admitted at least once that it wasn't as easy being a mother as she had once thought. She has written a book, The Holistic Health Pocketbook by Anna Twitto. I haven't read it. Other than that, she is still the same Anna, older and maybe a tad wiser, but still a judgmental fundie and delicate flower at heart. 

ETA I see Anna has written three books all available on Amazon.

ETA Anna T and Jennie Chancey were my gateway fundies. 

I would love to know too. I'll have to do some digging. I don't think she has "published" anything on LAF since 2015. 

What are they actually DOING in Africa? I have never understood that. All I ever saw them do was pose languidly like 19th century colonials.

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

What are they actually DOING in Africa? I have never understood that. All I ever saw them do was pose languidly like 19th century colonials.

Profiting off the work of others still, I am sure, adding to their quiver, dressing up, traveling about, feeling superior to the locals, you know living like 19th century colonials with modern conveniences and luxuries cuz Jesus. 

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Yes, living the high life, as @ChunkyBarbie said.

Matt used to work for the Persecution Project, founded by Brad Phillips, brother of Doug the Tool. Don't know if that's still the case but they originally moved to Kenya some years ago so that Matt could more easily do that work. Then they moved from Kenya after some visa issues, and wound up in South Africa, which probably seems like home to them, for a number of reasons.

1 hour ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

Profiting off the work of others still, I am sure, adding to their quiver, dressing up, traveling about, feeling superior to the locals, you know living like 19th century colonials with modern conveniences and luxuries cuz Jesus. 

And producing arrows! Don't go forgettin' the arrows. IIRC, Jenny's prepping to deliver #12.

Oh, Scottie, you tease!  I'd love to send my two young men to you to teach them Sufficiency of Scripture, but I think you are full of crap!  I've not looked at the application, but I'm sure the cost is prohibitive and IIRC the interns live in an apartment with a hot plate and a laundromat down the street, among other "generous" amenities.  Hurry, reserve your spot for your young man today!

https://ncfic.org/about/internship

Oh, so I see he's taken up the Tool's internship torch.

What's next, Hazardous Journeys?

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

And producing arrows! Don't go forgettin' the arrows. IIRC, Jenny's prepping to deliver #12.

Oh I remembered, I had "adding to their quiver." I can't believe how many kids these people can have, I had to struggle for years just to have one. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived