IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

47 minutes ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Yes, same here. It has to be something monumental for them to reach this point. 

I wonder on what grounds .

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

DPIAT's rhapsodic blog posts about Peter and Kelly's wedding have sadly faded into internet ether - but here's another old blog post, in which Scottie is quoted as saying:

This is my daughter..... she has never caused me grief.... I present her to you now..." http://amyjoejimbob.blogspot.com/2006/08/wedding.html

I listened to the first part of the ladies' tea presentation by Deborah Brown & daughters from the 2010 RV cross-country tour. As Kelly talked about 4 areas of trust in a marriage, I began to feel extremely sorry for her. 

At the time, she & Peter had been married 4 years and she said (I paraphrase) that marriage is "a struggle every day."  Throughout, she coughed and apparently no one thought to offer her a drink, or if they did she was too distracted or self-abasing to take it. 

I thought of her enduring the advances of an obnoxious foreign man on the plane trip to Europe while "450 pounds of manliness" in the form of her father and I guess her brothers let her suffer because apparently they didn't feel she was in sufficient danger?  Or they were busy totaling up their weights. Who knows. 

It became plain to me that for all her beauty and apparent poise, Kelly has been treated abysmally IMH and Remote Opinion. Her value to her father was that she'd never given him a moment's trouble. Her attractiveness to her future husband was her sturdiness; as his wife, she was valued for her water-heating in an apparently underequipped house. I'm sure there was actual love there, but for all Big Da JB's feminist leanings and raising of me, I was *never* left in danger nor "given" by him to anyone.  In my evaluation, *I* had the Christian upbringing by the godly Christian father.

I have less than no idea what happened in their marriage and for all I know she's reading this and mocking me because her life has actually been one of privilege and ease. But what I perceive is a woman who deserves a lot better than she's gotten so far.  I Hope somehow she gets it. 

On 1/25/2017 at 0:33 PM, Palimpsest said:

I have a vague memory of a poster here saying that she knew Jennie in college and Jennie was quite normal.  Anyone else remember that?  Jenny was conservative but lived in the dorms and was quite social.  

Then she decided to shit on college educations for every young woman who came after her.  Hypocrisy thy name is Jennie Chancey.

Are the Chanceys still polluting Africa with their presence too?

That would be me. I've just discovered this thread on Feb 20 and am voraciously reading to catch up.  

King University (it is University now, it was College then) is not fundie by any stretch of the imagination.  Jennie went because her parents went there and because she got a scholarship.  She dressed oddly for the time (think Anne of Green Gables) but yes, she was very social and involved and pretty normal for the school.  It was also painfully obvious at one point that she had a MAD crush on one of the guys in my circle of friends; she used to follow him around like a puppy.  King was much smaller then; around 500 students.  It has grown tremendously in the last 25 years.

ETA: I can't believe that Jennie is pregnant again.  Well, I can but...you know.  She's putting Amish families to shame.  AND I just went and checked out her sister's business webpage for the first time in years and she and her husband have 10.  Twenty-two children between TWO sisters.  Unreal.  I think her brother only has two.

So...I've been so into all the political turmoil that I haven't read this board in ages and just found this thread today.  Wow.

I am sorry for Kelly and the kids.  I hope they can make it.  But surprised?  Nope.  I think she pretty much said it all in Return of the Daughters...."My father fell in love with Peter before I did."  Their marriage was a business/publicity contract between Vision Forum and NCFIC, IMNSHO.  Plain and simple.  Unfortunately, they brought six helpless human beings into the mix who didn't ask to be born into that cult.    

On a related note...since several of you have now seen Return of the Daughters (it was fun reading your comments), did you see what I saw lo those many years ago that made my skin crawl...the look in Scottie's eyes when he starts talking about "relationships with young men."  He goes on and on about how men need to have CLOSE relationships with young boys and teenage boys.  He is practically drooling.  He has relentlessly pinged my gaydar ever since.  

On 2/15/2017 at 9:47 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Does anyone know if parents have to pay for their sons be interns for Scottie? If so how much?

Someone has to be footing the bills for room and food, laundry, personal toiletries, etc,  I can't see Scottie paying for everything.  For anything actually as the internships are unpaid.

The "ministry" provides them with bare bones housing and 3 meals/week. The interns have to come up with the money for the rest of their food, travel, and misc. expenses. Oh, and 14 books from the required reading list :pb_rollseyes:

Their weekdays are scheduled from 5:30 AM to 5 PM, with evening and weekend commitments as well. They are also responsible for keeping the living quarters up to inspection standards at all times. Who wouldn't want to sign up for such an opportunity??

https://ncfic.org/uploads/about/2017 Intern Application and Explanation.pdf

On 2/14/2017 at 2:12 PM, formergothardite said:
On 2/14/2017 at 1:44 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Why would a 22/ 23 year old adult woman marry a 17 year old boy?

Can't answer that one. There had to have been an adult around for her to marry. Why marry a teenager?

I always wondered if Blair wanted to top from the bottom, so to speak. Given the options her father could come up with, maybe she felt like she'd have the best opportunity for control over her future to marry a man-child, especially one she already knew. And I think it would be hard to control her jealousy after seeing the insane fuss made over Kelly, with her courtship wedding and immediate stream of blessings. Might as well marry the first guy who presents himself and get in on all that.

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

So...I've been so into all the political turmoil that I haven't read this board in ages and just found this thread today.  Wow.

I am sorry for Kelly and the kids.  I hope they can make it.  But surprised?  Nope.  I think she pretty much said it all in Return of the Daughters...."My father fell in love with Peter before I did."  Their marriage was a business/publicity contract between Vision Forum and NCFIC, IMNSHO.  Plain and simple.  Unfortunately, they brought six helpless human beings into the mix who didn't ask to be born into that cult.    

On a related note...since several of you have now seen Return of the Daughters (it was fun reading your comments), did you see what I saw lo those many years ago that made my skin crawl...the look in Scottie's eyes when he starts talking about "relationships with young men."  He goes on and on about how men need to have CLOSE relationships with young boys and teenage boys.  He is practically drooling.  He has relentlessly pinged my gaydar ever since.  

I may have talked with someone long ago who knew both Doug Phillips Is A Tool and Scott Brown. That person said Doug had never pinged the gaydar, but that Scott absolutely did. And that person was bi-.  And that's all I can say about that. 

Oh yes Danvillebelle.  

Scottie nearly drooling over the absolutely necessary need for close relationships with young/ teenage boys in RotD as well as the leering photo of DPIAT with young Bradrick! has my gaydar pinging like a car alarm.

And I don't really have gaydar.

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I may have talked with someone long ago who knew both Doug Phillips Is A Tool and Scott Brown. That person said Doug had never pinged the gaydar, but that Scott absolutely did. And that person was bi-.  And that's all I can say about that. 

Scott Brown has always pinged my gaydar, too, and I always assumed he was in a marriage of convenience, especially having adopted all 4 of his children.  But someone posted here that his children were adopted because his wife went through early menopause in her 20's, so who knows?

On 25/01/2017 at 1:56 AM, ChunkyBarbie said:

King College, where she earned a BA in English. I am not familiar with King College, but I will guess it is a Christian college. ETA of course, attending college is evil for other young ladies, but I guess Jennie was an extra speshul pure snowflake and so it was okay for her.  Unless she was like Anna T., who was very resentful that she was attending college when she could have been home folding towels, crocheting doilies and making lentil soup. Smh

IIRC, her courtship story was featured on YLCF? And she basically swanned around college with her brother and was known as the "ice princess" because she was so "pure" and cold towards the guys. Was it her that basically said she only went to college because her family wanted her to?

30 minutes ago, BobTheWalrus said:

IIRC, her courtship story was featured on YLCF? And she basically swanned around college with her brother and was known as the "ice princess" because she was so "pure" and cold towards the guys. Was it her that basically said she only went to college because her family wanted her to?

Yes, it was on YLCF, now rebranded as Kindred Grace, but still featuring courtship stories, like Jennie's.

5 hours ago, BobTheWalrus said:

Jennie was honestly quite awkward around guys. She may be flatteringly reinterpreting that as being "pure," but she definitely had an interest. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I don't think I ever asked her exactly why she went to college - I guess I just assumed she wanted to - but she cared enough about it at the time to graduate Summa Cum Laude so she clearly wasn't just phoning it in. 

I think Jennie mostly went to college for her dad.  She idolized him and he really wanted her to go.    

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

I don't think I ever asked her exactly why she went to college - I guess I just assumed she wanted to - but she cared enough about it at the time to graduate Summa Cum Laude so she clearly wasn't just phoning it in. 

This proves that you can be academically intelligent but stupid in many other ways. Jenny's courtship story is also so contrived and sugary that I feel like I've eaten 6 sticks of cotton candy.

DPIAT's wife went to William and Mary with him, I believe. They're both proof that you can go to a great school and come out stupid.

While some people might speculate that Peter was unfaithful, I don't buy it. What non-fundie woman would willingly be with him, unless compensated monetarily? 

On 2/9/2017 at 10:58 AM, Maxwell said:

Yes, thank you for clarifying that.  I didn't mean to imply that it was consensual but didn't really state that it wasn't either, sorry.

There are like 450 threads on this around here if you would like to research.

On 2/13/2017 at 9:30 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Yeah, it really surprises me that the more "polite" Dominionists are willing to associate themselves with Swanson. He's toned it down recently, but I've seen videos of him in which he looks like a wild-eyed lunatic. He was ranting and raving at that Seppi wedding, remember? 

Well, that is what you do at a Seppi wedding.

18 hours ago, BobTheWalrus said:

Lol, when I read that some of the young men, paraphrasing, respected her too much to date her because her standards were so high, I think I snorted. Oh honey, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. They just weren't into you. 

Well, the NCFIC Cognitive Dissonance continues apace. Scottie and Deborah Brown are soon winging their way to California, to conduct a left-coast repeat of their "Our Marriages and the Marriages of Our Sons and Daughters" retreat.

https://ncfic.org/events/view/marriage_retreat_orange_cove_ca

:roll:

8 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Well, the NCFIC Cognitive Dissonance continues apace. Scottie and Deborah Brown are soon winging their way to California, to conduct a left-coast repeat of their "Our Marriages and the Marriages of Our Sons and Daughters" retreat.

https://ncfic.org/events/view/marriage_retreat_orange_cove_ca

:roll:

And Deborah needs to pray that God will remind Scott to update her bio: she has 16 grandchildren, not 11.

28 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

And Deborah needs to pray that God will remind Scott to update her bio: she has 16 grandchildren, not 11.

Maybe Scottie only counts boy children......

4 hours ago, Fundiewonder said:

This proves that you can be academically intelligent but stupid in many other ways. Jenny's courtship story is also so contrived and sugary that I feel like I've eaten 6 sticks of cotton candy.

Jennie's courtship story is... pretty embellished and oversanitized to the point that it reads as basically fictitious to me.

2 hours ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

Lol, when I read that some of the young men, paraphrasing, respected her too much to date her because her standards were so high, I think I snorted. Oh honey, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. They just weren't into you. 

Actually, there were guys interested in Jennie. I know it's probably hard to imagine based on what she grew up into, but as a college student she was very pretty, smart, treated people kindly for the most part, and while she was always kind of an odd duck, it used to be in a way that more inspired curiosity rather than being off-putting.  Healthy peer dating relationships just never quite seemed to work out for Jennie during her college years (at least not that I was ever aware of,) but it wasn't due to lack of interest on either side. 

All that was very common knowledge at the time, for the record.  Things that aren't common knowledge or that I'm not sure if everyone knew, I'm never going to post publicly.

6 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

There are like 450 threads on this around here if you would like to research.

It was a quick write-up that I had just done for a friend so I pasted it here.  I provided as many links as I could assuming that the reader would, you know, read the links.   My sarcasm focused on DPIAT's actions/attitudes and neglected to point out that it was abusive -- which was not due to lack of research.  I truly am sorry for the oversight and it was never my intention to imply that it was reciprocal.

On 2/15/2017 at 8:56 PM, MamaJunebug said:

I have less than no idea what happened in their marriage and for all I know she's reading this and mocking me because her life has actually been one of privilege and ease. But what I perceive is a woman who deserves a lot better than she's gotten so far.  I Hope somehow she gets it. 

I have long felt that Kelly has put up with a lot both from her father and her husband.  While I have commended Peter's efforts to forge a life outside of VF, one thing that I noticed back in the VF days is that he seemed woefully clueless about his wife's welfare.  The two things that come to mind, was 1) her going to Europe immediately after giving birth then suffering serious life threatening complications and 2) living in a house with no hot water with a bunch of kids.   I know both that number 1 seems worse than number 2, but to me, both reflected a mindset that Kelly is meant to put up with anything regardless of how it impacts her life.   There's no consideration for her.  I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe she finally had enough.   

10 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I hadn't heard about the house with no hot water -- what's the story please.

Before they relocated to Washington and prior to DPIAT's fall, they lived in an some old farmhouse (or barn?) near Scotty that did not have a water heater (or one that could not keep up with 7 people, there's a couple of versions) so Kelly had to get up early to heat water for baths, etc.   In a blog post somewhere, Peter waxed poetic bragged about his wife doing this chore.

IME, having to live without a water heater for two months, with five adult people in the house, heating water still took a lot of time.  I can't imagine that Kelly, with five young children, had to be doing it all of the time.

The fact that Scotty was apparently okay with his "beloved" daughter having to do this is equally as bad, if not worse, than Broderick! thinking it was so great and wonderful.  I despise both of them.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived