IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

44 minutes ago, Fundiewonder said:

For whatever reason, Blair's always received less attention than Kelly.

Hmm, now I wonder why that might possibly be. A real head-scratcher right there. (Not snarking on you, snarking on them!)

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fundiewonder said:

For whatever reason, Blair's always received less attention than Kelly.

Is she married or courting or something?

3 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Hmm, now I wonder why that might possibly be. A real head-scratcher right there. (Not snarking on you, snarking on them!)

Actually, you can snark on me because I have no reason why Kelly was annointed princess. Yes, she's blonde and beautiful--and that can pay off big time in many settings. But I'd like to think that parents would be immune to favoring children based on looks, even crazy fundies.Perhaps I'm wrong. So please enlighten me. Are fundies as superficial as drunk men in bars?

2 hours ago, tropaka said:

She married in 2010 when she was 23 and her groom 17.

My bad. I was thinking of Claudia, the youngest Brown daughter, who is, what, maybe 18-19 now?

38 minutes ago, Fundiewonder said:

Actually, you can snark on me because I have no reason why Kelly was annointed princess. 

IMO, a lot of the anointing was done by Doug Phillips Is A Tool who correctly saw it as a major PR opportunity for VFI/VFM and the cult in general. Given Scottie's slavish devotion to Dougie in those days, it's not surprising that he & Deborah went right along with it all.

Sure, Peter & Kelly might still have had a lovely wedding with oodles of attendants, fatted calves on platters under the Big Top, etc., but without Doug's relentless blogging, which was then repeated ad nauseum on the blogs of his asskissers & leghumpers, I doubt the Brown-Bradrick! nuptials would have been so public.

3 hours ago, tropaka said:
3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Is she married or courting or something?

She married in 2010 when she was 23 and her groom 17.

And now has five kids. 

They have been married for 6 years. They now have 5 under 5.  Taylor is now 23.  23!  

At 23 he should be a year out of college and in his first post-college job. Living as an adult, creating an adult life, starting his career. Or perhaps in grad/ law/ med school preparing for his future career. Not married with 5 children.

But then his education ended when he was 13 and sent to Scottie as an intern.  Because you know he was too busy as Scottie's intern/ unpaid laborer to even home school.

I should feel sorry for Taylor because he never had a chance to make a choice or to have his own life.  I should feel sorry but I don't.  

What I do feel is anger. Anger at Taylor's parents for beginning the wrecking of his life by sending him to Scottie, and anger at Scottie for completing the job.

Scott Brown Is A Tool (SBIAT).

2 hours ago, Fundiewonder said:

Actually, you can snark on me because I have no reason why Kelly was annointed princess. Yes, she's blonde and beautiful--and that can pay off big time in many settings. But I'd like to think that parents would be immune to favoring children based on looks, even crazy fundies.Perhaps I'm wrong. So please enlighten me. Are fundies as superficial as drunk men in bars?

Yeah I think they are. I have no doubt that men who treat their daughters as commodities would value the pretty blonde ones more highly.

DPIAT's rhapsodic blog posts about Peter and Kelly's wedding have sadly faded into internet ether - but here's another old blog post, in which Scottie is quoted as saying:

"This is my daughter..... she has never caused me grief.... I present her to you now..." 

http://amyjoejimbob.blogspot.com/2006/08/wedding.html

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

My bad. I was thinking of Claudia, the youngest Brown daughter, who is, what, maybe 18-19 now?

Claudia will be 24 this year, born 1993.

4 hours ago, Fundiewonder said:

Are fundies as superficial as drunk men in bars?

Absolutely, without a doubt.

8 minutes ago, PopRox said:

Absolutely, without a doubt.

Personality, intelligence, wit, resilliance- these aren't things that can be ascertained in a brief, chaperoned meeting or 2. I would wager that looks play a significant role in matches. Plus if anything can be sure at this point, it's that the majority of fundie patriarchs have less-than-pure thoughts and actions against pretty young women.

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

They have been married for 6 years. They now have 5 under 5.  Taylor is now 23.  23!  

At 23 he should be a year out of college and in his first post-college job. Living as an adult, creating an adult life, starting his career. Or perhaps in grad/ law/ med school preparing for his future career. Not married with 5 children.

But then his education ended when he was 13 and sent to Scottie as an intern.  Because you know he was too busy as Scottie's intern/ unpaid laborer to even home school.

I should feel sorry for Taylor because he never had a chance to make a choice or to have his own life.  I should feel sorry but I don't.  

What I do feel is anger. Anger at Taylor's parents for beginning the wrecking of his life by sending him to Scottie, and anger at Scottie for completing the job.

Scott Brown Is A Tool (SBIAT).

I admot i don't follow these folks. How the heck does he support that family with zip education and a wife who presumably wouldn't be allowed to work outside the home?!

7 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

I admot i don't follow these folks. How the heck does he support that family with zip education and a wife who presumably wouldn't be allowed to work outside the home?!

My guess is living on the family land, working in a family business and she may work for daddy in the back office or selling books.  

51 minutes ago, Soulhuntress said:

My guess is living on the family land, working in a family business and she may work for daddy in the back office or selling books.  

Scott owns commercial properties in Wake Forest (? IIRC?) as well as the farmland, so 8th-grade-educated Taylor could be managing some or all.

Scott's son David, who also married in his late teens/earliest 20s, and who now has at least 3 kids IIRC, is listed as the point guy on the NCFIC Indentured Servant...er, Intern Program, so there's some support for the idea of the family biz. 

What, oh what, is become of young Claudia? As a single young woman in NCFIC years, she's practically desiccated and blowing away with every gust!  

Does anyone know if parents have to pay for their sons be interns for Scottie? If so how much?

Someone has to be footing the bills for room and food, laundry, personal toiletries, etc,  I can't see Scottie paying for everything.  For anything actually as the internships are unpaid.

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Scott's son David, who also married in his late teens/earliest 20s, and who now has at least 3 kids IIRC, is listed as the point guy on the NCFIC Indentured Servant...er, Intern Program, so there's some support for the idea of the family biz.

David and Monica have 5: Iona, William, Samantha, Miles and Katherine. They're averaging one about every 16 months, next baby predicted around August-October.

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Does anyone know if parents have to pay for their sons be interns for Scottie? If so how much?

Someone has to be footing the bills for room and food, laundry, personal toiletries, etc,  I can't see Scottie paying for everything.  For anything actually as the internships are unpaid.

Pretty sure the interns have to bring their own towels and bedsheets. Scottie's got a white whale of a good scam going on!

ETA: IIRC the info packet (online) notes the location of a nearby laundromat.  Take it away, boys! Literally. No helpmeetz for YOU!

At some point, Scottie's rapidly reproducing offspring (exponential reproduction!)  and interns will outstrip the empire's ability to support them all, won't it?

Let's say you have 8 kids who all have 8 kids, with all of those offspring marrying young (let's say between 18 and 22) and starting the cycle anew.  That's a lot of Plexus and DoTerra.  

Unsurprisingly, the NCFIC and scottbrownonline pages about the road trip are long gone. But sermonaudio has this gem:

NCFIC 2010 RV Tour

I have a dishwater-dull, hourlong trip coming up. Maybe I'll rock out to the sermon laudifying the Browns' multistate triumph! -- and report back if there's anything about true love blossoming on the way. 

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Scott owns commercial properties in Wake Forest (? IIRC?) as well as the farmland, so 8th-grade-educated Taylor could be managing some or all.

If the Internet has it right, Taylor runs--he's listed as founder and creative director--a corporate branding and design firm: http://www.zoominfo.com/c/Steadfast-Design-Firm/347987334

12 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

Yes, he has a small design firm, and I think he employs a couple people even. While he's not particularly good, one can make quite a decent living, especially in corporate-level UX/UI and product design. Of course I believe his family lives on family property which makes a huge difference, and they don't live in a particularly expensive state, so cost of living is manageable. With the level of resources available online, one can teach themselves the necessary skills in that sector, which is a boon to a lot of us homeschooled kids who, sans any traditional education, have been able to make a living via the interwebs.

14 hours ago, Bethella said:

Wishing the best to Claudia. From the few interactions I remember with her, she seemed on edge and unhappy, but perhaps that's just due to being a reserved person. Hope she finds her way out of that toxic environment sooner rather than later; hope she's doing ok, I don't think she's on any social media that I'm aware of so who knows. 

16 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Wow, when you put it that way... :pb_eek:  I can't quite wrap my head around a 23 year old young man having five children. He might still be seeped in Kool-Aid, but I wonder if he ever has a quiet moment when he begins to doubt his path or at least have some regrets?

I also didn't realize Claudia is now in her twenties. I thought of her as still about 16/17. I wonder if they're beginning to really push for her to marry. She's now older than either of her sisters were when they married.

And I realize it's none of my business, but I'm dying for some more details on the Bradrick! divorce.

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

I realize it's none of my business, but I'm dying for some more details on the Bradrick! divorce.

Yes, same here. It has to be something monumental for them to reach this point. 

16 hours ago, Bethella said:

Thanks for that info. 

Hope that she's living a life of her own choosing, whatever that is.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived