IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

4 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Well, this weekend's "Our Marriages and the Marriages of Our Sons and Daughters" retreat has come and gone, and nary a peep about it on Scottie's NCFIC website or Facebook page. 

Everything he does post, though, I'm like, "Is he talking about Peter? Is he? IS HE???

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest, bruh. The only reason the men are there is because your Sunday sermon empowers them to treat their wives like chattel Monday through Saturday. If they could get the gospel according to NFL football AND get their wives hypnotized to act like drugged 8 year olds, they'd be doing that instead of listening to hours of reformed, elect, extra special god sprinkles pontificating. With a dash of white supremacy and American exceptionalism.

1 hour ago, Jencendiary said:

Let's be honest, bruh. The only reason the men are there is because your Sunday sermon empowers them to treat their wives like chattel Monday through Saturday. If they could get the gospel according to NFL football AND get their wives hypnotized to act like drugged 8 year olds, they'd be doing that instead of listening to hours of reformed, elect, extra special god sprinkles pontificating. With a dash of white supremacy and American exceptionalism.

You're on fire, Girl! 

I still can't believe this photo. I mean, he must be stepping to the side and the camera caught him mid-motion right? Except, why are his hands folded down like that? It's just too ridiculous. It's one thing to stand like the best man is, but quite another to look like a Warner Brothers cartoon depiction of a bowlegged cowboy.

If you look close (don't recommend this for folks at home!) you can see the crotch seem holding on for dear life.

Without men leading their families in worship, reformation, family life, and even the continuity of faith suffer as a result.

This sentence makes my brain fart.  

1 hour ago, Jencendiary said:

Yowza!!

:clap:

6 hours ago, Howl said:

I know it is probably just the lighting or maybe a camera flash, but Taylor's face looks to be drained of color, kind of vampire-ish, plus terrified.  

Well, he is all of 17 years old here. I'm surprised he didn't pass out under the pressure. 

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Everything he does post, though, I'm like, "Is he talking about Peter? Is he? IS HE???

Ugh, Kevin Swanson. Sorry, visceral reaction. I didn't realize he and Brown were such buds, though I really shouldn't be surprised at all, considering they share the same belief set.

27 minutes ago, refugee said:

Ugh, Kevin Swanson. Sorry, visceral reaction. I didn't realize he and Brown were such buds, though I really shouldn't be surprised at all, considering they share the same belief set.

Yeah, it really surprises me that the more "polite" Dominionists are willing to associate themselves with Swanson. He's toned it down recently, but I've seen videos of him in which he looks like a wild-eyed lunatic. He was ranting and raving at that Seppi wedding, remember? 

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Yeah, it really surprises me that the more "polite" Dominionists are willing to associate themselves with Swanson. He's toned it down recently, but I've seen videos of him in which he looks like a wild-eyed lunatic. He was ranting and raving at that Seppi wedding, remember? 

Never quite put the Seppis in the category of polite but his sermon was just so many shades of bad.

12 hours ago, Sydney Fox said:

Well, he is all of 17 years old here. I'm surprised he didn't pass out under the pressure. 

The thought that he might not have gone through his final teen-aged growth spurt at the time of his wedding gives me a weird sensation all over my brain. Kind of a boy Maranatha. 

9 hours ago, Soulhuntress said:

Never quite put the Seppis in the category of polite...

Oh, me neither. Those are the kind of Dominionists I do expect Swanson to hang with. Scott Brown, not so much. 

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Oh, me neither. Those are the kind of Dominionists I do expect Swanson to hang with. Scott Brown, not so much. 

If memory serves (and these days, it doesn't always), Swanson and Brown have been in-cahoots when it suited them for quite some time now. 

11 hours ago, Jencendiary said:

This is DPIAT and baaaaaby Bradrick!

Okay, thanks! I read their body language as a gay couple and was surprised that they were accepted in fundie circles.

I know absolutely nothing about the Taylor T wedding except hat I've read here.  FJ-ers help me out please.

Why would a 22/ 23 year old adult woman marry a 17 year old boy? Why would a 17 year old boy, even a fundie, want to get married so young, especially to a 22/ 23 year old?

Was this an arranged/ coerced marriage? Because I have a hard time believing they freely chose to do this.

Do any of them ever truly freely choose anything, given the nature of the mind control exercised by the patriarchs (and the wimmins who back them up)?

27 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Why would a 17 year old boy, even a fundie, want to get married so young, especially to a 22/ 23 year old?

Sex. 

Why would a 22/ 23 year old adult woman marry a 17 year old boy?

Can't answer that one. There had to have been an adult around for her to marry. Why marry a teenager? 

I know absolutely nothing about the Taylor T wedding except hat I've read here.  FJ-ers help me out please.

Why would a 22/ 23 year old adult woman marry a 17 year old boy? Why would a 17 year old boy, even a fundie, want to get married so young, especially to a 22/ 23 year old?

Was this an arranged/ coerced marriage? Because I have a hard time believing they freely chose to do this.

Generally I roll my eyes at the accusations that young fundies get married just to have sex, but: sex. Keep in mind that they're not even allowed to masturbate. Or even think sexual thoughts. I'm guessing a lot of fundie teenage boys start to think marriage looks real good when they can't even touch their junk.

Also: respect. Higher standing in their community. He's no longer a boy, he's now a Married Man, a Headship. He now has a lot of independence, power and freedom that he didn't before.

As for why a 23-year-old woman would want to marry a 17-year-old boy... I know Christianity in general has a problem where there are far more young women than men interested in getting married and having babies, and I'd speculate that the more conservative you get, the more disparate it might become. Look at some of the other fundie guys we discuss here. He might have actually seemed like a catch to her. You don't want to hit your mid-20s and still be single. And if daddy's telling you that God's telling him that this is the one for you, bingo.

36 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Why would a 22/ 23 year old adult woman marry a 17 year old boy?

Daddy told her to marry him.

36 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Why would a 17 year old boy, even a fundie, want to get married so young, especially to a 22/ 23 year old?

Sex -- and his Daddy told him to marry her.

This is what happens in the Church of Daddy Said So.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Okay, thanks! I read their body language as a gay couple and was surprised that they were accepted in fundie circles.

I have a gay friend who could be Doug Phillips Is A Tool's twin.  He's so, So, SO unlike Dougie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Generally I roll my eyes at the accusations that young fundies get married just to have sex, but: sex. Keep in mind that they're not even allowed to masturbate. Or even think sexual thoughts. I'm guessing a lot of fundie teenage boys start to think marriage looks real good when they can't even touch their junk.

Also: respect. Higher standing in their community. He's no longer a boy, he's now a Married Man, a Headship. He now has a lot of independence, power and freedom that he didn't before.

As for why a 23-year-old woman would want to marry a 17-year-old boy... I know Christianity in general has a problem where there are far more young women than men interested in getting married and having babies, and I'd speculate that the more conservative you get, the more disparate it might become. Look at some of the other fundie guys we discuss here. He might have actually seemed like a catch to her. You don't want to hit your mid-20s and still be single. And if daddy's telling you that God's telling him that this is the one for you, bingo.

This and all of the above, AND while I doubt it's available on NCFIC.org nor on Scottbrownonline.com, Taylor The Toddler was along on a month-long, multi-RV tour of the US and southern Canada with Scott Tissue, Deborah The Great-Haired One, Blair The Aging Virgin, IIRC Claudia The Other Daughter and The Peter Bradrick Family in its pre-Tsantles/Brown wedding form.  Scott blogged fatuous amounts of fawning praise for Taylor's mad organizational skillz and the way TT's mechanical skillz kept them a-rollin' down the highways.

It was no terrible surprise, therefore, when Scott T. rather promptly announced that his best friend Taylor (or was Peter his best friend? I don't recall but I do remember we all wondered why a 50-ish man of some financial independence would count kids as his "best friend(s)") , anyway Scott announced that Taylor and Blair were to be married.  And also IIRC Taylor had just turned 17 around the time of the road trip.

As I am an aged hopeless heathen, all the IIRCs above should be emphasized on the "C" -- I may be wildly misremembering. But I don't think so.

Ergo, arranged? You betcha bootsies.  I hung on to adolescence as long as I could, but at 23 even I would've found lifelong arrangements with  a 17-YEAR-OLD to be too, too much to consider.  And as I say, I was a pretty dumb kid.

I didn't read tons of blogs rhapsodizing about Blair's wedding, as I did when Kelly got hitched, and I don't think the event was viewed as a major social occasion, as Kelly's was. Maybe it was smaller and more sedate. For whatever reason, Blair's always received less attention than Kelly. I wonder if her status has now been elevated due to Kelly's divorce. In Kardashian terms, Kelly is Kim, and Blair is what's-her-name the other sister. And I never hear about Claudia.

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Taylor came to the Brown Farm when he was 13. So Blair was 19. They grew up together! Int dat cute?

Blair Taylor Betrothal

But wait there's more!!!

Google is my frenemy--on one hand it led me to this DWT gem, OTOH I laughed so hard the cats jumped!

DWT kills w description of "Cougarific" bride!

Although it's a bit of a stretch age wise, considering how sheltered some of the SAHDs are, she easily could have been the same emotional age as a 17-year-old boy raised to be a headship.  Idle Speculation: They could have hanky panked on the RV trip (held hands, kissed, FRONT HUGGED,  who knows) and it was thought best for them to get married, since she'd obviously given away a piece of her heart and was perilously close to being damaged goods, plus those eggs weren't getting any fresher and every sperm is sacred!  

How many blessings do they have?

ETA: Re facebook, they have four boys and a girl.  

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived