IGNORED

President Cheeto 8: Our Long National Nightmare Begins

Destiny

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

It's a wonderful place! Come to the land of books (I recommend Powell's in downtown Portland), food carts, and beautiful places to hike. Enjoy these beautiful places, with a Northwest Forest Pass ($30/yr) before Congress decides they all need to be logged off or corporate sponsored.

I had a nightmare a couple of nights ago that Congress did one of the things it talked about a bit- invited corporations in to privatize National Parks and other public lands. In my nightmare, I was at the McDonalds Crater Lake, with Ronald, Grimace, Hamburgler, and other McDonalds characters walking around. Instead of the serene beauty, a huge McDonalds was built. There were also rides, like a theme park. What a nightmare!

I just remembered something -  during my 2015 western road trip I was lined up to go into Yellowstone.  A couple vehicles ahead of me there  was an idiot with a teabagger bumper sticker on his vehicle.  I couldn't help but think that was a bit ironic.  I bet it never even crossed that teabagger's mind that if the tea party sugar daddies had their way Yellowstone and every other National Park out their would be sold off and logged, strip mined, drilled, etc.

Trump has been busy today! As mentioned above, he withdrew from the TPP (though I believe HRC was also against it). And of course, he imposed a federal hiring freeze and reinstated the 'Mexico City' rule. Nothing too surprising today, though...

Well, this isn't really a surprise, but I don't know... it's 2017. Don't we have better things to concern ourselves about? I feel we're the only country that discusses abortion so much. A man (surprise!) sponsored a bill to 'provide that human life shall be deemed to begin with fertilization'.

Is there a thread to discuss the general WTFuckery of Congress?

8 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

Trump has been busy today! As mentioned above, he withdrew from the TPP (though I believe HRC was also against it). And of course, he imposed a federal hiring freeze and reinstated the 'Mexico City' rule. Nothing too surprising today, though...

Well, this isn't really a surprise, but I don't know... it's 2017. Don't we have better things to concern ourselves about? I feel we're the only country that discusses abortion so much. A man (surprise!) sponsored a bill to 'provide that human life shall be deemed to begin with fertilization'.

Yeah civilian Federal employees are the biggest targets of that fucking tapeworm and the Republicans in general.  They don't realize that these people keep the government going a fuck of a lot more than said tapeworm or the GOP idiots in Congress do - who barely work as it is now.   I have family who are either past or present Federal employees so it really irritates me when the Republicans treat them as whipping children.

On 1/20/2017 at 0:01 AM, 47of74 said:

Newsweek listed some excuses people used to turn down the coronation of Donald J. Putinfluffer

To the bolded, this made me LOL really loud in the office.  Good thing my boss just stepped out for a smoke.

I have my concerns for what lies ahead but I am really trying to have some sense of humor over it.  It takes the edge off.  

I'm crying! 

FB_IMG_1485210794297.jpg

24 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah civilian Federal employees are the biggest targets of that fucking tapeworm and the Republicans in general.  They don't realize that these people keep the government going a fuck of a lot more than said tapeworm or the GOP idiots in Congress do - who barely work as it is now.   I have family who are either past or present Federal employees so it really irritates me when the Republicans treat them as whipping children.

One of my family members is a medical provider at a VA hospital. This is such bull shit! 

I haven't watched tv today, but it was on at the gym and there appeared to be a press conference going on where once again Sean Spicer is discussing numbers of attendees at the inauguration. Seriously? When is Cheeto-face going to get over this?

He can't even ACT like an adult, much less like a president!

I just saw a commercial for Jeff Sessions on MSNBC.  We're supposed to call our senators and ask them to vote yes for his confirmation.  Why was this on MSNBC?  Is no place safe anymore?

1 hour ago, apple1 said:

OK, departing from seriousness for a minute (sorry) to be somewhat snarky.

What in the world is wrong with Kellyanne? (I mean physically. Not even starting on anything else). Her hair looks unhealthy, her skin looks unhealthy, her teeth look awful. I noticed the teeth when the news stations kept replaying the "alternative facts" interview clip yesterday. At times she had her mouth open wider than usual. Her bottom teeth - the front portion of the teeth are too-white-too-perfect. It is hard to tell for sure, but the white/perfect teeth don't go far enough back on the sides to be a full or most of a full arch of teeth. The teeth further back are either darker and smaller, or missing, or something.

Anyway...

Yes!  She's two years older than me, yet she looks like she could be my mother.  If I could take her to Ulta we'd have so much fun.  I'd get her a decent haircut and a good deep conditioner.  We'd buy an entire line of skin care stuff (day cream, night cream, eye cream, a mask or two).  Then we'd hit a Red Lobster and she'd have anything that came in skillet form at Denny's.  It'd be a start, anyway.

Alert: Hodgepodge post here.

I saw a good bit of expensive PAC advertising on TV yesterday wanting us to call our legislators and ask them to approve Sessions. (Made me angry).

I just saw that the person who has just been selected to head the FCC has a history of being anti-consumer and pro big-business, no surprise there. (That's your phone, TV, and internet service). I guess this is small compared to some of the other problems.

I just looked it up - Kellyanne is only 50. I am a good bit older than she is. I can't figure out whether she has some underlying medical condition, or if it's just all that hate eating her up. And I agree that EATING appropriately would be first step in the right direction, besides letting go of some of the hate.

57 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

This is so true. Dh and I are both disabled veterans who go to he VA for medical care,  he is a civilian federal employee and we live in a US territory because of his job. Our kids go to school on a military base (so all the teachers, therapists, administration, etc... are federal employees). Everywhere around us is understaffed. Between cutbacks, government shutdowns and hiring freezes it is always something. Some people tend to forget those numbers and government waste that are always being talked about are real people with real jobs. 

Now don't get me wrong, we do have some great benefits with Dh's job but we have made and continue to make big sacrifices as well. 

Does anybody here follow Rosanne Cash, Johnny Cash's daughter on Twitter?

Anyhoo, Ms. Cash made this tweet yesterday:

I was so moved today to see so many people thanking the NYPD as they passed them on the march, offering snacks, receiving kindness in return

https://mobile.twitter.com/rosannecash/status/822930935473704962

Nice tweet, huh? Nooo.

An elderly lady gets off her fainting couch and proceeds to chastise Ms. Cash for for supporting those "trashy women", and says that the late Johnny Cash would be disappointed in Ms. Cash's behavior.

Ms. Cash responds with:

A) I'm middle-aged. My parents are gone. B he protested Vietnam War, for Native Americans, for prisoners rights, ETC. C) #ImWithTrashy

https://mobile.twitter.com/rosannecash/status/823249081413857280

Ms. Cash's followers then proceed with defending Ms. Cash, the elderly woman decides to protect her tweets, and now #ImWithTrashy is a thing. :pb_lol:

Yeah, I know this is satire, but still it's probably pretty goddamn close to the truth;

theonion.com/article/mike-pence-disappointed-200000-husbands-and-father-55116

WASHINGTON—Admonishing those responsible for failing to uphold their moral duties, Vice President Mike Pence expressed disappointment Saturday in the 200,000 husbands and fathers who had allowed the women and girls in their charge to attend the Women’s March on Washington. “I can’t tell you how let down I feel by the heads of these households who did not simply give their wives and daughters a firm, decisive ‘no’ when they asked to participate in today’s demonstration,” said Pence, noting with frustration that many of the protesters had been granted permission to travel across the country alone and stay for several days in a faraway city with no male chaperone whatsoever to guide and look after them. “There are a few men marching as well, so they must be the ones supervising this whole thing, and thank God for that. But I can’t help but feel that these ladies’ custodians—the ones who were supposed to be providing a masculine voice of reason on these sorts of matters—have really come up short today.”

@nvmbr02& @47of74, so true. I am a fed civilian and due to the nature of my position will likely be losing my job at the end of this term because of this. I am terrified. Hubs and I were house shopping and planning on trying for a kid this fall... guess it's good it happened before we got a mortgage?

I was just watching NBC news and they showed a 30 clip of Trump meeting with union leaders and this guy commented on how amazing his inauguration speech was and Trump commented how the crooked media wouldn't talk about it cause it's something positive and I'm just so curious who's job is it to always praise Trump. Like his thin-skin self is just killing me.

4 hours ago, Ali said:

I read a comment on facebook about someone claiming her critical comment was deleted from his facebook page.

No, you're wrong, it wasn't deleted, it was just moved...off the page #alternativefacts

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Unless this is a temporary move, Snowflake Orange is an idiot. The most reliable voting demographic is seniors, and many seniors do not have, or want internet access. A Republican president telling a group of mostly Republican voters that he doesn't care about their opinion is not a smart move, ya dimwit! 

Um, YEAH, he is an idiot. It just shows that he doesn't want any feedback unless it's adulation. I just bought a bunch of postcards from the Post Office. I'll be sending them in daily. And the Branch Trumpvidians will just say that he turned off all the mechanisms of feedback so he can "concentrate on making America great" or some such nonsense.

Blow Hard Billo is complaining that the only reason people are comparing crowd sizes is to hurt the Orange Tapeworm's fee fees...

Ms. Betty Bowers of course made note of that Tweet with this response;

Twenty people died this weekend due to the severe weather in the South and the White House holds a SECOND press conference on the size of the audience for the inauguration. Smh.

2 minutes ago, AuntK said:

Twenty people died this weekend due to the severe weather in the South and the White House holds a SECOND press conference on the size of the audience for the inauguration. Smh.

You know if by some miracle Agent Orange doesn't resign or is impeached he'll be all bent out of shape about the size of his successor's crowds if they're even the tiniest bigger than his.  Regardless of party, but especially if the person is a Democrat.  And the shitstream media we have in this country and the Branch Trumpvidians will be right along with him.

(And since I think I'll be using shitstream and Branch Trumpvidian on a regular basis over the next four years I added them to my MacBook's spelling dictionary).

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah, I know this is satire, but still it's probably pretty goddamn close to the truth;

theonion.com/article/mike-pence-disappointed-200000-husbands-and-father-55116

I love the Pence satire.

In all seriousness, I loved the pictures of the men who marched in solidarity with women. We didn't need their validation, but I do appreciate them standing up for their mothers, sisters, wives, friends, and girlfriends, and saying this is a human issue, not just a women's issue.  It was nice to see that so many men "got it."

In other news...

This story just killed me. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/johnny-manziel-offers-donald-trump-advice-on-dealing-with-twitter-comments-202151627.html

Johnny Manziel offers Donald Trump advice before deleting Twitter account

Shalise Manza Young,Shutdown Corner 3 hours ago 

Comments

Reblog on Tumblr

Tweet

Email

Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was back on Twitter Monday, offering advice to President Donald Trump before abruptly deleting his own account.

“Yo, POTUS,” his first tweet to the president read.  “Even I know to stay away from the notifications section on twitter. (Expletive) will drive you crazy, lead the country and let them hate.”

“Control what you can control and let the rest fall by the wayside,” read the next.

Manziel then deleted his Twitter account which is why neither of the above tweets are embedded.

Trump has long been obsessed with public opinion of him, and in recent days there was a report that the stories of the size of the crowd assembled on the National Mall for his inauguration bothered him deeply.

But Manziel, who has heard his share of public opinion and shaming over the last few years after several public missteps, wants to see Trump step away from his mentions. Manziel made a confessional of sorts on Twitter last week, saying he allowed himself to get “#LostInTheSauce” (aka he was drinking too much).

This isn’t the first time the two men have found themselves in the same story regarding Twitter. Trump implied teams would regret not selecting Manziel as he fell toward the bottom half of the first round of the 2014 NFL draft.

Donald J. Trump 

@realDonaldTrump

Teams are making a big mistake not taking Johnny Manziel - he is going to be really good (and exciting to watch).

7:39 PM - 8 May 2014

Manziel has not played in the NFL since 2015.

I didn't know how to do the screen cap, since I don't have Twitter. 

Donald, if Johnny Trainwreck tells you to get off Twitter, why do you need a bigger push than that?

For those of you who aren't familiar with Johnny Manziel, he won the Heisman Trophy, which is given to the best college football player, but his off field partying cost him a job with the Cleveland Browns. No other team will touch him. 

Also, after viewing Trump's tweet… if this is an example of his being a judge of character, we're completely screwed!

Haul out the airsick bags: "Trump names his Inauguration Day a ‘National Day of Patriotic Devotion’"

President Trump has officially declared the day of his inauguration a national day of patriotism.

Trump's inaugural address on Friday frequently referred to patriotism as the salve that would heal the country's divisions. “When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice,” Trump said from the steps of the Capitol after being sworn in as president.

Later that day, Trump's press secretary, Sean Spicer, said that naming a national day of patriotism was among the executive actions that Trump took in his first few hours as president.

On Monday, the paperwork was filed with the federal government declaring officially that Jan. 20, 2017 — the day of Trump's inauguration — would officially be known as the “National Day of Patriotic Devotion.”

“Now, therefore, I, Donald J. Trump, president of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Jan. 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country — and to renew the duties of government to the people,” the order says.

“Our Constitution is written on parchment, but it lives in the hearts of the American people,” the order continues. “There is no freedom where the people do not believe in it; no law where the people do not follow it; and no peace where the people do not pray for it.”

Um, yeah, so of all the major crises you say we have here in the US, you spend your time declaring yourself Orange Jesus. I need to go get sick now.

And, as a bonus, he's now making up more fake numbers, excuse me, alternative facts, about the popular vote.

Days after being sworn in, President Trump insisted to congressional leaders invited to a reception at the White House that he would have won the popular vote had it not been for millions of illegal votes, according to people familiar with the meeting.

Trump has repeatedly claimed, without evidence, that widespread voter fraud caused him to lose the popular vote to Hillary Clinton, even while he clinched the presidency with an electoral college victory.

Two people familiar with the meeting said Trump spent about 10 minutes at the start of the bipartisan gathering rehashing the campaign. He also told them that between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused him to lose the popular vote.

The discussion about Trump's election victory and his claim that he would have won the popular vote was confirmed by a third person familiar with the meeting.

The claim is not supported by any verifiable facts, and analyses of the election found virtually no confirmed cases of voter fraud, let alone millions.

Clinton won the popular vote by more than 2.8 million votes. Trump won 304 electoral college votes to Clinton's 227.

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) alluded to Trump's comments as he returned to the Capitol from the meeting Monday night.

“We talked about different electoral college, popular votes, going through the different ones,” McCarthy said. “Well, we talked about going back through past elections. Everyone in there goes through elections and stuff, so everybody's giving their different histories of different parts.”

Asked by reporters after the meeting if Trump made any surprising statements at the gathering, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) replied, “Well, I won’t even go into that.”

How many more days do we have to listen to Trumplethinskin?

5 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

I don't think so. Perhaps one should be created for us to keep up legislation?

43 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

How many more days do we have to listen to Trumplethinskin?

This website will help you count down the days until 2021 “National Day of Patriotic Devotion.”

https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/1611151200000/america-new_york/yodhms/FFFFFF3B5998000000FF0000/Time_Until_Trump_Leaves_Office

19 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

When I saw this, I thought it had to come from the Onion but this is for real! How the hell dare he??? September 11 is Patriot's Day, to commemorate REAL AMERICAN PATRIOTS, not orange-faced sexist bigots who are using this country as their own personal cash register to fatten their dwindling bank accounts and shore up their pathetic ego. Such a lowlife piece of shit, he is beyond despicable.

April 19 is also considered Patriot's Day, especially in Massachusetts. It commemorates April 19, 1775, the day the American Revolutionary War began, in Lexington and Concord. 

Donny Boy, you're no Samuel Adams, John Adams, John Hancock, or Paul Revere.

8 minutes ago, AuntK said:

When I saw this, I thought it had to come from the Onion but this is for real! How the hell dare he??? September 11 is Patriot's Day, to commemorate REAL AMERICAN PATRIOTS, not orange-faced sexist bigots who are using this country as their own personal cash register to fatten their dwindling bank accounts and shore up their pathetic ego. Such a lowlife piece of shit, he is beyond despicable.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe it was April Fool's Day. Of course, now every day is Drumpfy Fools Day.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived