IGNORED

President Cheeto 8: Our Long National Nightmare Begins

Destiny

46 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

What the actual fuck is an alternative fact? My head is exploding, these people are out of their minds. 

That nutcracker looking bitch Kellyann needs to shut the fuck up. We will not be gaslighted, dumb heifer.

I. Just. Can't.

Oh. You mean a LIE!!!

- My husband shouting at his computer when Kellyanne Nutcracker's statement came across his newsfeed:pb_biggrin:

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good hashtag on Twitter is #SeanSpicerFacts. Some beauties there. My favorite is: "The KKK is a peaceful community outreach organization". Also: "Donald Trump won the popular vote if you exclude all of the Hillary Clinton voters."

Here's another one -- I apologize for any nightmares...

kimildrumpf.JPG

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

So now the March is over. What's next? How do we try and turn that momentum and energy into action? What options for helping are there for those of us who have our own personal dictators with tiny hands to tend to (who, thankfully, are much more adorable than Cinnamon Hitler)? 

I have decided to join up with a local Indivisible group. 

Here is a link to their page if anyone is interested. https://www.indivisibleguide.com/

2 hours ago, HeathenBlondie said:

On another topic, thank you for marching yesterday @Meccaand for all the cool pictures you posted!

You are very welcome! I was happy to do it. My friend and I plan to do another protest in front of the White House here soon. It may be just us, but I have a feeling there will be others there as well. As long as that jerk is in office, I will remind him daily of exactly what a jerk he is. 

Just got back today from marching in DC. I couldn't see the speeches going on but it was just awesome being surrounded by so many people that just wanted the same goal! I am also very sore and hoping yoga tomorrow helps me out a little! I went with one of my oldest friends, drove down with her mom and met up with the friend's friend and it was just so awesome! My only thing is I felt either anxiety or claustrophobia being surrounded by people at all different angles. Hoping people stick with this and make something happen. The senators are coming to Philly for a retreat (which I don't get cause it's EXTREMELY liberal) and you bet I'll be there protesting.

Since: Sean Spicer is scum for literally the worst but it runs in their shitty administration. After his press I realized that we could never trust anything they say and that honestly terrifies me.

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

I'm behind here, but... 

Possibly this is somehow out of context, but what the fuck? 

FB_IMG_1485134064568.jpg

The more I see how the Twit in Chief treats Melania, the sorrier I feel for her. She seems profoundly unhappy and her husband does not seem to treat her well.

For all those asking about next steps, here are some places to start.

First, a follow-up plan issued by the women's march with 10 actions to take over the next 100 days: https://www.womensmarch.com/100/

Next, a website telling you your nearest swing district. They will email you ways to get involved to try to swing the district left leading up to 2018. https://swingleft.org/

Finally, a resistance manual. A central place for issues we need to stay vigilant about, their current status, and what you can do about it. https://www.resistancemanual.org

Apologies if some of these have already been posted. I've seen them go around in so many places I can't keep it all straight. But I think they are great resources to start with.

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

If it helps, you are not alone, my friend. I just finished reading a guest column from one of my elected officials. He managed to put his gun down long enough to bitch about Obama, do a drill, baby, drill chant, dig up Ronald Reagan, give Trump a tongue bath, smear around some Jesus-flavored frosting, and then ended it by tap dancing to the Star Spangled Banner while holding up his pocket-sized copy of the Constitution. 

I shouldn't talk about him so disparagingly. He'll probably be the Governor one day. :pb_rollseyes:

I sent that article on to a couple local friends of mine that share my opinion that the TH printed a giant pile of horseshit on it.    One said she might even send in a letter calling out their dumbass garbage.

41 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Just got back today from marching in DC. I couldn't see the speeches going on but it was just awesome being surrounded by so many people that just wanted the same goal! I am also very sore and hoping yoga tomorrow helps me out a little! I went with one of my oldest friends, drove down with her mom and met up with the friend's friend and it was just so awesome! My only thing is I felt either anxiety or claustrophobia being surrounded by people at all different angles. Hoping people stick with this and make something happen. The senators are coming to Philly for a retreat (which I don't get cause it's EXTREMELY liberal) and you bet I'll be there protesting.

Since: Sean Spicer is scum for literally the worst but it runs in their shitty administration. After his press I realized that we could never trust anything they say and that honestly terrifies me.

I think I might start calling the orange tapeworm's press guy a spokesdouche or alternative fuck depending on my mood at the time.

News about what will happen Monday morning:

A team of prominent constitutional scholars, Supreme Court litigators and former White House ethics lawyers intends to file a lawsuit Monday morning alleging that President Trump is violating the Constitution by allowing his hotels and other business operations to accept payments from foreign governments.

NYTimes Article: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/22/us/politics/trump-foreign-payments-constitution-lawsuit.html?_r=0

Slate had a compilation of the best protest signs from yesterday

slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2017/01/21/the_best_protest_signs_from_the_women_s_march_on_washington.html

This was one of them....

1 hour ago, treehugger said:

The more I see how the Twit in Chief treats Melania, the sorrier I feel for her. She seems profoundly unhappy and her husband does not seem to treat her well.

Well she probably never wanted to be first lady, especially not to Peesident Trump.  She was probably hoping he'd drop out or lose and she could go back to planning her escape.

I read somewhere that the "press briefing" yesterday was not only a warning to the press and an attempt to shape the news into their "alternate reality" but it was also intended to draw media attention AWAY from the Women's March in DC and all over the US and the world.  

Another thought occurred to me - if they lie about something so easy to disprove, what's going to happen when they lie about other stuff that is NOT so easily disproved? Is the press going to be able to find the truth?

I went to the Los Angeles march, and am still on a wonderful high. The numbers are in....750,000 people!!!! And everyone was so kind. So courteous. So happy to be there.

The experience of sharing the streets with over a half million like-minded people who all care about the important issues... there are no words for how reassuring it was. And think of all the marches all over the USA.. all over the globe.  There is POWER in those numbers!

There is hope.

8 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah I saw that too and came here to share it but it's already been attended to.

I saw this one a while ago too.

rottom1.png

That got me thinking, how did Donnie Dumbfuck do compared to movies like Plan 9 From Outer Space;

www.rottentomatoes.com/m/plan-9-from-outer-space

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 2.58.04 PM.png

Using the above logic what they're saying is more people approve of Plan 9 as do the Putinfluffer.

I also checked Manos: The Hands of Fate was at 0%.  That would've been so awesome though if that had a higher score than that of that giant orange tapeworm.

rottentomatoes.com/m/manos-the-hands-of-fate/

Well Part Time don rates better then Showgirls, but the audience still scored it higher at 36% LOL

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/showgirls/

Other fun fact Kellyanne's coat was actually a Gucci design to represent the City of London. Not even properly patriotic LOL

On 1/21/2017 at 7:42 AM, Mecca said:

Hey, my friends. I am here. OH. MY. GAWD. I CANNOT BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE HERE. I am stuck in a little corner trying not to have an anxiety attack due to the massive amount of people that are here. Wish me luck. 

I will check in when I can with pictures when the network will allow it. 

Sister, you rock.  I have so much respect for you, doing everything you can to work through serious anxiety to do what's right for all of us.
Thank You!

On 1/21/2017 at 8:48 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

ARGH: "White House website touts Melania Trump’s modeling and jewelry line"

So, we go from a website of policies to help our citizens to shilling Melania's stuff. Just lovely.

Michael Moore and Ashley Judd just spoke at the DC march. Interesting content.

Maybe they should seriously tout her oh-so-artistic nude modeling part of her "career."  http://nypost.com/2016/08/01/melania-trumps-girl-on-girl-photos-from-racy-shoot-revealed/
Not exactly channeling Jackie, at all.

On 1/21/2017 at 1:00 PM, Mecca said:

Hello! I had to get out of the crowd. I can't describe the amount of people in one area. I have been at this since 6:30am, and I do think I am at my limit for today. My friend is still marching, though. I told her to keep going. 

The crowd is so large I have not been able to lift my arms. I did have a panic attack due to the incredible amount of people and being stuck in a loading dock area because there was nowhere else for us to go, but it was worth it seeing so many show up and tell this asshole on his turf just how big an asshole he is. 

Trying to get some pictures to load, but I am having issues with my phone. Once I get back to my hotel tonight, I will post some pictures of you all if you want. 

My friends, this is a world wide movement. Just look at all the people around the world protesting in solidarity and standing with us. Freaking Antarctica had a march!! Being a part of this march today gives me soooooo much hope. More hope than I have had over the last several weeks. I am crying as I type this because being a part of this today shows me we are not alone. We can fight this. Keep motivated and keep your eyes on this administration. Let them know they can't push us around. Let them know you can't mess with women from all walks of life and races, people with disabilities, LGBT communities, people from different religions and expect us to remain silent. It won't happen. It just won't happen. 

Totally love that picture of the Antarctica March.  Thanks for sharing that!  Gives me even more hope. 

On 1/21/2017 at 11:48 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

ARGH: "White House website touts Melania Trump’s modeling and jewelry line"

So, we go from a website of policies to help our citizens to shilling Melania's stuff. Just lovely.

Michael Moore and Ashley Judd just spoke at the DC march. Interesting content.

Ugh!  Could the Trumps be any tackier?  What an embarrassment.

On 1/21/2017 at 5:42 PM, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

a young boy carrying a sign saying  - Boys will be boys (with a big red X through the boys) and having 'good humans' replace it.

How awesome and beautiful.
Yeah, here's the hope for our future.

On 1/21/2017 at 3:08 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

Same! I feel like my anxiety and back pain aren't an excuse. I felt like I was practicing self-care when deciding not to go, but now it seems like everyone I know went. And what will I tell my future children? I firmly believe in standing up to injustice, and now it's like I had my chance and blew it.

I feel the same - wanted to go to the Women's March in my area, but wimped out /blew it off because I couldn't get any friends or family members to go with me.
Now I feel shitty, like I should have gone, because the expectation in my city was like 2500 marchers, but it turned out to be over 10,000 - so I bet I would have run into some sisters!
I feel wimpy, like I missed out,  but whatever- this is just the first protest.  There will be many more, and I'll participate in other marches and protests!

On 1/21/2017 at 7:58 PM, OddlyAmused said:

I was also in DC, on Independence Ave near the National Museum of the American Indian. It was PACKED. Like, I couldn't really move my arms at times packed. We were told we'd be marching on Constitution, but most people ended up over on Pennsylvania (we couldn't get really close to the White House, though). I didn't see any confrontations with police, and people were quick to move for ambulances as needed. I'll try and post a few pictures tomorrow once I get them off my phone.

It was loud, chaotic, and at times overwhelming. My back, legs, and feet are incredibly sore. My Metro train broke down on the way out of the city (of course). I am exhausted. But even more than all of that, my heart is full and happy with the knowledge that this movement has so much support from around the world. 

Sister, you rock as well!  Love you - and take care of  yourself - thank you for fighting for all of us.

On 1/21/2017 at 8:00 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

Nice recap of the marches across the globe: "Women’s marches: More than one million protesters vow to resist President Trump". I won't quote the whole article, but this part about the DC march is interesting:

And, part of the new order: "Trump wages war against the media as demonstrators protest his presidency". Again, I won't quote the whole article, but this is so freaking Cheeto:

No, honey, you are the liar. You must have been looking in the mirror, as usual.

Finally, because he's so fabulous, check out some of George Takei's tweets. One of my favorite:

george_takei_drump_spelling.JPG

Oh yeah, he's "honered."  Either he's as stupid as a manure pile, or he's crossing his tiny fingers behind his back while claiming to care about us. 

10 hours ago, zygote373 said:

For all those asking about next steps, here are some places to start.

First, a follow-up plan issued by the women's march with 10 actions to take over the next 100 days: https://www.womensmarch.com/100/

Next, a website telling you your nearest swing district. They will email you ways to get involved to try to swing the district left leading up to 2018. https://swingleft.org/

Finally, a resistance manual. A central place for issues we need to stay vigilant about, their current status, and what you can do about it. https://www.resistancemanual.org

Apologies if some of these have already been posted. I've seen them go around in so many places I can't keep it all straight. But I think they are great resources to start with.

Thank you! Connecticut doesn't have any swing districts apparently (:dance:), so I joined the list for NY's 19th district. We'll see how much I'm actually able to do.

I'll keep an eye on the March page too. I'll see about thanking my Congressional Reps for marching and for their efforts thus far too. They're all Democrats and have been very quick to condemn Cinnamon Hitler's actions, so luckily there isn't much I can do other than thank them.

1 hour ago, PraiseDog said:

I feel the same - wanted to go to the Women's March in my area, but wimped out /blew it off because I couldn't get any friends or family members to go with me.
Now I feel shitty, like I should have gone, because the expectation in my city was like 2500 marchers, but it turned out to be over 10,000 - so I bet I would have run into some sisters!
I feel wimpy, like I missed out,  but whatever- this is just the first protest.  There will be many more, and I'll participate in other marches and protests!

Same. I didn't go because of Velocibaby. But I saw photos of P¡nk (the singer) attending a march with her husband, daughter, and their 3 week old son. And now I feel bad for not going because my baby is seven weeks old. Lots of people marched here, but I feel bad that I can't one day tell my daughter that I was one of them. :|

Why does the page jumpily roll constantly if any twitter clip is posted above on that page? (I askied this a while back in the tech forum)?

It makes it very difficult to post and get what I want to say right. (I removed an entire relatively lengthy post because I couldn't get things where they needed to be).

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived