IGNORED

President Cheeto 8: Our Long National Nightmare Begins

Destiny

Isn't July 4 already a national day of patriotic devotion?

Last summer I jokingly told my sister that if Trump won, he'd be putting his face on currency, as well as adding his likeness to Mount Rushmore and changing it to Mount Trumpmore.  Doesn't seem so far-fetched now.  Of course, it's the taxpayers who would be picking up the cost of the engravers (for Mount Trumpmore) and the engraving plates (for the money).

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwwww......Donnie Dumbfornicate thinks all the coverage is "demoralizing."  What a delicate little Orange Snowflake.

thehill.com/homenews/administration/315721-spicer-negative-trump-coverage-is-demoralizing

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Monday pushed back at what he said was negative coverage of the Trump White House, describing the media narrative as “demoralizing.”

“It’s not just about a crowd size. There’s this constant theme to undercut the enormous support he has,” Spicer said of Trump.

“And it’s unbelievably frustrating when you’re continually told it’s not big enough; it’s not good enough. You can’t win."

Later, he offered the remarks about the demoralizing coverage, arguing it is always negative and questioning why the media doesn't write positive stories on Trump, such as his “success in keeping American jobs.”

1) Look alternate fuck, your orange führer did not save those jobs.  All he did was take credit for that. 

2) Kitchen, heat.  Can't stand?  Get the FUCK out!

1 hour ago, Ali said:

I don't think so. Perhaps one should be created for us to keep up legislation?

This website will help you count down the days until 2021 “National Day of Patriotic Devotion.”

https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/1611151200000/america-new_york/yodhms/FFFFFF3B5998000000FF0000/Time_Until_Trump_Leaves_Office

Thanks for pointing out that site!  That may come in handy.

On 1/22/2017 at 0:27 PM, IrishCarrie said:

Check out the hashtag #alternativefacts currently trending on Twitter, guys!

Just about the funniest thing I've read since the start of this whole election debacle :my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin:

#spicerfacts is also being used to mock the steaming pile of bullshit that was that press conference. 

Meanwhile, my relatives are all over Facebook posting memes about how they don't think they're a disgrace to women because they didn't attend the march, and they're insisting that they don't feel like second class citizens and that they're powerful, strong women and that they don't feel discriminated against at all. Apparently, as long as they're not being treated badly then to hell with the people who are being treated badly. These are the same people who frequently brag about how Christian and moral and loving and Godly and kind they think they are.

They're also posting that those who attended the march are hypocrites because we don't really advocate for all women since we don't advocate for women who are opposed to abortion. What a load of crap. Feminists ABSOLUTELY advocate for a woman's right to be opposed to abortion. We 100% support the right of every one of them to choose to not have an abortion. What we don't accept is that those same women think they get to make reproductive choices for themselves and for us. We have this crazy notion that they should make the reproductive choices for their own bodies and we should make the reproductive choices for our own bodies. I'm embarrassed to share DNA with people who are so lacking in critical thinking skills. Not to mention their complete lack of concern for anyone but themselves. 

He isn't my Congressman, but I loved how Earl Blumenauer showed Trump that Democrats can tweet, too.

http://www.oregonlive.com/trending/2017/01/oregon_congressman_calls_donal.html

Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) is known more for his bow tie than for a fiery Twitter presence. But on Monday, the Portland representative took to Twitter to share his thoughts about President Donald Trump's first few days in office.

"In first 24 hrs @POTUS makes clear ego, not #facts or #honesty, will be guiding principle for him & his administration," wrote Blumenauer, using the hashtag "LiarInChief."

"Clearly, @POTUS @realdonaldtrump has problem with the truth," wrote Blumenauer. "In fact, he lies."

"This is NOT normal & all of us especially media need to continue to call these #alternativefacts what they are... LIES!" he continued.

"Alternative facts" is a phrase Trump senior adviser Kellyanne Conway used during Sunday's "Meet the Press" when describing what Spicer said during his press conference the day before.

Blumenauer went on to debunk several other claims Trump has made in his first few days in office.

"@POTUS aka #LiarInChief says it stopped raining when he started speaking. FALSE," wrote Blumenauer. "TRUTH: Cameras showed it began raining right when he started speaking."

It's nice to see others in Washington tweeting too, to get the truth out. Go, Earl!

29 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

#spicerfacts is also being used to mock the steaming pile of bullshit that was that press conference. 

Meanwhile, my relatives are all over Facebook posting memes about how they don't think they're a disgrace to women because they didn't attend the march, and they're insisting that they don't feel like second class citizens and that they're powerful, strong women and that they don't feel discriminated against at all. Apparently, as long as they're not being treated badly then to hell with the people who are being treated badly. These are the same people who frequently brag about how Christian and moral and loving and Godly and kind they think they are.

They're also posting that those who attended the march are hypocrites because we don't really advocate for all women since we don't advocate for women who are opposed to abortion. What a load of crap. Feminists ABSOLUTELY advocate for a woman's right to be opposed to abortion. We 100% support the right of every one of them to choose to not have an abortion. What we don't accept is that those same women think they get to make reproductive choices for themselves and for us. We have this crazy notion that they should make the reproductive choices for their own bodies and we should make the reproductive choices for our own bodies. I'm embarrassed to share DNA with people who are so lacking in critical thinking skills. Not to mention their complete lack of concern for anyone but themselves. 

You could mention this:  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/natalie-portman-ashton-kutcher-was-paid-three-times-as-much-as-i-was-for-no-strings-attached/

An actor and an actress, having the same amount of screen time, yet the man was paid three times as much.  That's an example of Why We Are Mad, And Want To Change Things.

16 minutes ago, JMarie said:

You could mention this:  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/natalie-portman-ashton-kutcher-was-paid-three-times-as-much-as-i-was-for-no-strings-attached/

An actor and an actress, having the same amount of screen time, yet the man was paid three times as much.  That's an example of Why We Are Mad, And Want To Change Things.

They don't care. They all work in professions that are dominated by women (several are nurses, and one is a preschool teacher) and since they're not being personally affected by the wage gap, they don't care that other people are. 

Plus, they've been ranting lately about how no one in Hollywood deserves to be paid well, or should receive awards for their work, and they shouldn't be allowed to express opinions because they have "bad values" and "live in a bubble" and "don't contribute anything valuable to the world." So they would just respond by saying that Natalie Portman is being overpaid anyway so she shouldn't complain.

I really can't emphasize enough what selfish assholes they are. For the sake of my own sanity, I don't follow any of them on Facebook. But, unfortunately, my Mother does and she insists on sharing all their horrible posts with me. I have been asking her for 4 months now to stop telling me about their posts because I don't need or want their fuckery in my life anymore. But she won't listen. Sometimes I feel like I'm in that movie Mother (great movie, by the way. I highly recommend it. Here's a link to the wikipedia page about the movie if anyone wants to check it out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_(1996_film)

Kurt Eichenwald went on a twitter rant about how disrespectful Trump's visit to the CIA was: 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/23/1624121/-Kurt-Eichenwald-s-Tweet-Storm-About-Trump-s-Disgraceful-Visit-To-CIA

Someone in the comments section formatting it into paragraph form so it would be easier to read: 

I am going to try to explain why there is so much outrage in the intelligence agencies about what Trump did on Saturday in his CIA speech. Imagine having a campaign rally at the National Cemetery. Or a cocktail fundraiser amid the grave markers of US soldiers in Normandy. This "event'' Trump held, purportedly to greet CIA employees, was in the Memorial Wall room, where 117 CIA employees who died in service to our country are honored. Many more have died, and it takes special approval to receive a star on the wall or be listed in the book, called the Book of Honor. Many of the names of the fallen will never be known, because their identities have to be kept secret even in death. Rarely is that room used for anything, but when it is, solemn nature of it is recognized. GW Bush was, I believe the first president to hold an event there in 2001, but it was exceedingly respectful and in keeping with the meaning of the room. The second major event was an appearance by Obama after the killing of Bin Laden, when he went to the CIA to thank the ppl there for their often anonymous sacrifices that led to that success in the fight against terrorism. Again, solemn and fitting with the meaning of the room. Both Bush and Obama paid deep homage to those honored in the book and by the stars. CIA employees listened respectfully, but did not turn the events into rallies. Then, Trump. He has the audacity to bring people from his team to cheer for him and sit in the front  rows.  I can't imagine CIA employees cheering and whooping it up at Memorial Wall. It would be like screaming "BOO-yah!" at a funeral . Trump made a single, over-the-shoulder mention of the stars. But he spent most of his time griping about the media, bragging about the number of times he had been on the cover of Time Magazine, and complaining that everyone was lying about numbers at his inauguration and all the while, his professional cheerleaders who couldn't find their way to the CIA bathroom are sitting there, cheering for the many who apparently needs applause everywhere he goes. It was an abomination, perhaps the most disrespectful thing I have ever seen done by any president in that kind of place. I felt sure we would hear from former director Brennan pretty fast. Why? Because one of those stars on the wall belongs to a close friend of his who died in service of this country.  And he knows who all the others are as well. For him, I'm sure, it was like watching someone having a picnic on the graves in the National Cemetery. And then the same Trump staff that was too lazy or stupid to do the advance work on the CIA trip, so that they knew the meaning of the wall, go on TV to attack Brennan as a partisan hack for wanting a room of such enormous meaning to be treated with the solemnity it deserves. And that is an important element here. I actually don't blame Trump for this horror show on Saturday. Few people outside of govnt know the meaning of the wall. That was his staff's job, and they clearly had no idea what they were sending Trump to do. No sane person would agree to send a cheering squad. They are incompetent. Worse, they are arrogant, and respond to others pointing out their undeniable errors by attacking and whining. No, anger at the dishonoring of patriots who died is not partisan. U don't want criticism? Do your jobs better and when u screw up, like u did by turning most solemn place in intel world as a rah-rah location, just admit it, apologize, and move on.

Kurt Eichenwald

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

They don't care. They all work in professions that are dominated by women (several are nurses, and one is a preschool teacher) and since they're not being personally affected by the wage gap, they don't care that other people are. 

Plus, they've been ranting lately about how no one in Hollywood deserves to be paid well, or should receive awards for their work, and they shouldn't be allowed to express opinions because they have "bad values" and "live in a bubble" and "don't contribute anything valuable to the world." So they would just respond by saying that Natalie Portman is being overpaid anyway so she shouldn't complain.

I really can't emphasize enough what selfish assholes they are. For the sake of my own sanity, I don't follow any of them on Facebook. But, unfortunately, my Mother does and she insists on sharing all their horrible posts with me. I have been asking her for 4 months now to stop telling me about their posts because I don't need or want their fuckery in my life anymore. But she won't listen. Sometimes I feel like I'm in that movie Mother (great movie, by the way. I highly recommend it. Here's a link to the wikipedia page about the movie if anyone wants to check it out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_(1996_film)

Your mom might want to tell the nurse relatives that their male coworkers may very well be paid more than them.  I'd hope they (the RN relatives) would believe something printed in JAMA.

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2208795?resultClick=3

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-male-nurses-make-more-than-women-20150323-story.html

16 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

Nothing quite like, what looks like spousal abuse, on video, to further make you want to retch.

https://twitter.com/Marv_Vien/status/823621167621619713/video/1

FreeMelania :Yes:

9 hours ago, AuntK said:

I haven't watched tv today, but it was on at the gym and there appeared to be a press conference going on where once again Sean Spicer is discussing numbers of attendees at the inauguration. Seriously? When is Cheeto-face going to get over this?

He can't even ACT like an adult, much less like a president!

He wants universal adoration. Kim Il Trump.

In response to Der Drumfenführer's 'America First' speech, one of our comedian's had this response. The first introductory bit is in Dutch, but after that the fun English-spoken part starts:

I did a thing:

IMG_6722.PNG

I know lots of people have donated in honor of Pence already - but Herr Gropenfuhrer is the one who signed that Executive Order concerning abortion the other day. So I donated in his honor instead (even though he would literally give zero shits.) Because I'm an asshole and it makes me giggle. Only sent $30.00 total ($10 each for myself, my husband, and our daughter), but it's better than nothing. 

I just found this on Warren Throckmorton's blog, left by a commenter.  It's a video of Keith Olbermann proposing that Trump resigns (hope the link works).

http://disq.us/p/1fjjm6j

I wonder if any of Prez Cheeto's fanbois will finally wake up.

23 hours ago, apple1 said:

Why does the page jumpily roll constantly if any twitter clip is posted above on that page? (I askied this a while back in the tech forum)?

It makes it very difficult to post and get what I want to say right. (I removed an entire relatively lengthy post because I couldn't get things where they needed to be).

If you're using IE, try using Chrome instead.  It's what I had to do after a previous update caused problems viewing FJ, but switching to Chrome fixed it for me.  I still use IE for some sites, but I've found that Chrome works better for other sites.

1 minute ago, Dark Matters said:

I wonder if any of Prez Cheeto's fanbois will finally wake up.

The only "waking up" they'll do is moaning about why Hillary is in jail. 

FYI, if y'all want to see some stunning displays of cognitive dissonance, there's an entire twitter account devoted to retweeting people who regret voting for the Cheeto.  It's...I'll just link you guys to the feed. 

https://twitter.com/Trump_Regrets

5 hours ago, tankgirl said:

Nothing quite like, what looks like spousal abuse, on video, to further make you want to retch.

https://twitter.com/Marv_Vien/status/823621167621619713/video/1

I have long suspected that she is victim of abuse, at least mental and emotional.

I would love to know exactly what preceeded this bit. It might shed more light.

45 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

I'm not American, so there is not much I can do, but I'm happy to announce that my apartment is now Amway-free. 

Yay! I have hated Amway with a passion for FORTY YEARS.

Not the story, but somewhere along 40 years ago, one of the Amway robots attempted to recruit my father (a highly educated and very practically smart man) into the Amway MLM stream. He told them (without any expletives, that wasn't his way) in no uncertain terms to leave and not come back. I was in my early 20s and remember being, Yay, Dad. :-)

3 minutes ago, apple1 said:

I have long suspected that she is victim of abuse, at least mental and emotional.

I would love to know exactly what preceeded this bit. It might shed more light.

IMO the main reason Melania hasn't divorced him is she's probably signed a prenup that would make it a lot more financially advantageous for her if Donald was the one to initiate a divorce. Also, Barron. 

I mean it's kinda obvious she married Donald because she wanted a sugar daddy...so she's probably just waiting it out for him to decide to divorce. 

36 minutes ago, Flossie said:

If you're using IE, try using Chrome instead.  It's what I had to do after a previous update caused problems viewing FJ, but switching to Chrome fixed it for me.  I still use IE for some sites, but I've found that Chrome works better for other sites.

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, it is not an option for me for other reasons. BTW- Both my home computer and my work computer - where I can FJ on lunch or break, with the blessing of my employer - have IE and this same problem.

1 minute ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

IMO the main reason Melania hasn't divorced him is she's probably signed a prenup that would make it a lot more financially advantageous for her if Donald was the one to initiate a divorce. Also, Barron. 

I figure it is Barron. As a Mom myself, I can understand that part. I also had figured, if Trump hadn't been elected, they would have been divorced in six months. To me, the signs are all there. She made a very unwise decision to get involved with him, but I hope she can escape and I hope she can influence Barron sufficiently that he doesn't grow up to be just like his half-brothers.

31 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I mean it's kinda obvious she married Donald because she wanted a sugar daddy...so she's probably just waiting it out for him to decide to divorce. 

Or die... After all we're talking about an obese old man whose doctor obviously doesn't have a clue (judging from his doctor's statement). 

4 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Or die... After all we're talking about an obese old man whose doctor obviously doesn't have a clue (judging from his doctor's statement). 

Sadly, he's an orange cockroach. He'll probably outlive us all.

Yeah civilian Federal employees are the biggest targets of that fucking tapeworm and the Republicans in general.  They don't realize that these people keep the government going a fuck of a lot more than said tapeworm or the GOP idiots in Congress do - who barely work as it is now.   I have family who are either past or present Federal employees so it really irritates me when the Republicans treat them as whipping children.

And cutting government jobs creates unemployment. They are real jobs. If the GOP is committed to everyone working, how about they don't cut any jobs????

1 hour ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

The only "waking up" they'll do is moaning about why Hillary is in jail. 

FYI, if y'all want to see some stunning displays of cognitive dissonance, there's an entire twitter account devoted to retweeting people who regret voting for the Cheeto.  It's...I'll just link you guys to the feed. 

https://twitter.com/Trump_Regrets

Oh my! I would laugh so hard at these 'regretables' if it weren't so sad... The awful truth is that most of these people truly had/have no clue who they voted for.
I was especially baffled that one guy said: I voted 4 u to get rid of abama-don'tcare not kill the ACA! I have surgery next month! Just #draintheswamp dont kill me... 
I'm not American but even I know that Obamacare = ACA... sigh.

3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

And cutting government jobs creates unemployment. They are real jobs. If the GOP is committed to everyone working, how about they don't cut any jobs????

Agent Orange obviously hasn't learned from Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan's mistakes with freezing Federal Government hiring. It doesn't work, and has the opposite effect. "Trump’s hiring freeze will do the opposite of what he wants"

President Trump is correct when he says the federal government must be more responsive to the needs of the American people. Unfortunately, his directive Monday to freeze federal hiring will have the opposite effect of what is intended.

It makes no sense to freeze a problem in place rather than fix it. Although the president’s order to downsize the federal workforce through attrition has some exceptions, it is unclear exactly how it will be interpreted and applied. The order will not improve government performance, but could bar the door to hiring employees who are needed to prevent cyberattacks on federal computer systems, ensure the safety of our food supply and air quality, and provide important services to small businesses, farmers, seniors, veterans and students.

If our new president examined previous federal hiring freezes, he would find they hampered, not helped, government effectiveness. The Government Accountability Office, for example, reported that the hiring freezes imposed by Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan “disrupted agency operations and, in some cases, increased the cost to the government” because they “ignored individual agencies’ missions, workload, and staffing requirements.”

More recent workforce reductions at the Internal Revenue Service — 13,000 employees, including 5,000 enforcement personnel, between 2010 and 2014 — cost the government $2 billion in revenue in 2015, according to IRS estimates. At his Senate confirmation hearing last week, Steve Mnuchin, Trump’s choice to be treasury secretary, acknowledged that deep staffing cutbacks have hurt the IRS’s ability to do its job. Mnuchin said he expects to convince Trump that staffing levels should increase because if “we add people, we make money.”

At the Social Security Administration, sizable budget cuts forced the agency to impose a hiring freeze starting in 2011. This step led to the deterioration of customer service and greatly increased wait times for those seeking disability benefits. The same is true for immigration courts, where a hiring freeze under the budget sequester from 2011 to 2014 prevented adding judges and led to the current enormous backlog and lengthy delays in dealing with deportation and refugee cases.

The move by the president will penalize veterans, who now make up more than 40 percent of all newly hired federal employees, and will further stymie the ability to attract a young generation of talent to public service. Today, for example, there are almost three times more information technology employees in government over the age of 60 than under 30, and that trend will only worsen under Trump’s directive.

Trump should direct attention to making sure that the public’s resources are used more efficiently by having a more effective public-sector workforce. To do that, the president should:

• Select political appointees with demonstrated success managing large organizations, equip them to operate in the unique federal environment, and ensure that they have performance plans that define success and demand accountability.

• Fix the broken hiring process, which is complicated, opaque and slow, and which discourages highly qualified people from entering government service. On average, it takes at least three times longer for federal agencies to hire workers than it does in the private sector. That is unacceptable.

• Modernize the rules governing talent, including improving the government’s ability to deal more effectively with poor performers.

• Place an emphasis on improving the delivery of government services and interactions with citizens. Americans have seen tremendous customer service improvements, such as online banking, in many aspects of their lives, but government has struggled to keep pace. That can and must change.

• Develop cross-agency initiatives to achieve goals, breaking down separate government fiefdoms, overlapping jurisdictions and duplicative programs. None of today’s big challenges, from cybersecurity to rebuilding our infrastructure, can be solved by any single agency acting alone.

There are many constructive ways to reform government and improve how it functions. But Trump’s opening salvo toward the civil service is a shot in the wrong direction and will end up backfiring by making government less, not more, effective.

Of course, Agent Orange doesn't care about effectiveness, he only cares about adulation. Also, I'm sure he doesn't want the IRS to be more efficient, they might finish the interminable audit that has been holding up his release of this tax returns. (Please note sarcasm font.)

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived