IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

Having just watched the last episode, I really hope Tori and Bobby singing together isn't going to become a thing.  Erin is very talented but why on earth do the Bates all think they are so musically talented? Ugh. My ears. 

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think their real problem is that they put in no effort (typical Bates). They didn't even know the melody the night before. It takes years of training to get to a point where you can sightsing in harmony like that and have everything sound right. Most people who are amateurs (and even professionals) would need to practice more than that. Their voices are pretty good, and I bet it would have sounded nice if they'd actually rehearsed.

4 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

I think their real problem is that they put in no effort (typical Bates). They didn't even know the melody the night before. It takes years of training to get to a point where you can sightsing in harmony like that and have everything sound right. Most people who are amateurs (and even professionals) would need to practice more than that. Their voices are pretty good, and I bet it would have sounded nice if they'd actually rehearsed.

The Bateseseses rehearsing? Yeah, they don't do that. They need to know the difference between a "spiritual gift" and actual skill. The only reason I know how to carry a tune is practice and fine tuning the skills I have learned.

I never really really noticed how much Bobby and Evan look alike. They could be brothers. 

IMG_4543.PNG

18 hours ago, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

I never really really noticed how much Bobby and Evan look alike. They could be brothers.

Everytime I saw Evan I couldn't tell what's wrong with him...until now. I think he had some eyebrow trimming at the Clown College beauty salon. His eyebrows are too far away from each other :D

Anyone know what Bobby does for a living? In the live chat today they said he was working all summer to save up for his wedding/marriage.

13 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Anyone know what Bobby does for a living? In the live chat today they said he was working all summer to save up for his wedding/marriage.

Pretty sure he just graduated college. Maybe he is working in that same summer camp as last year? If he had found a "real" (i.e. long-term) job yet, he probably wouldn't call it "working all summer to save for marriage."

Here is a description of next week's episode. This would have been filmed around 3 or 4 months ago.

Bobby's Movin' In
June 15, 2017
Bobby and Tori are making plans for the future; Bobby is hoping to move from Florida to Tennessee to be closer to Tori; Bobby interviews for jobs and looks for a place to live; Kelly Jo takes the boys to a martial arts class.

18 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Here is a description of next week's episode. This would have been filmed around 3 or 4 months ago.

Bobby's Movin' In
June 15, 2017
Bobby and Tori are making plans for the future; Bobby is hoping to move from Florida to Tennessee to be closer to Tori; Bobby interviews for jobs and looks for a place to live; Kelly Jo takes the boys to a martial arts class.

It's like Ben 2.0. Next thing you know he'll be cleaning Gil's toilets

16 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

I watched the preshow thing they do on FaceBook and Kelly says she is paying Tori to help her with schooling. I thought Kelly actually paying Tori was interesting...

Carlin looks stunning in that picture above. I don't see much chemistry between her and Evan. Maybe I need to see them interact more.

On 6/8/2017 at 5:18 PM, fish_ca said:

Everytime I saw Evan I couldn't tell what's wrong with him...until now. I think he had some eyebrow trimming at the Clown College beauty salon. His eyebrows are too far away from each other :D

That jumped out at me as well. I'm about 99% sure he shapes his eyebrows. 

Wouldn't surprise me. Dude probably spends a lot of time in front of his mirror. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Dude probably spends a lot of time in front of his mirror. 

I get some serious attention whore vibes from this guy.

17 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I get some serious attention whore vibes from this guy.

Who isn't an attention whore when they meet these families?!

I'm not sure that Carlin and Bobby will get married.  She is clearly crazy about him, but I'm not sure how he feels about her. He loves being on TV, however, so who knows?

5 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

I'm not sure that Carlin and Bobby will get married.  She is clearly crazy about him, but I'm not sure how he feels about her. He loves being on TV, however, so who knows?

Well considering Bobby is courting Tori, I would hope he wouldn't marry Carlin. :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Well considering Bobby is courting Tori, I would hope he wouldn't marry Carlin. :pb_lol:

Hee, hee. Evan, Evan, Evan not Bobby.

Evan makes me feel like he's the type of guy who makes duck faces at himself in his bathroom mirror. Or looks down at his penis when he's drying off after a shower and says " who's a big boy? you're a big boy"

Bobby sure is set on moving to Tennessee and putting down roots there. Something tells me they will get engaged. I'm not sure what kind of job he will get or if Tori will find employment herself.

Carlin and Evan remind me of high school couples that break up by the end of the year. I don't know if they will marry, but something tells me they will rush to an engagement.

Carlin and Evan will rush to an engagement because they are fundies, and that's what they do. His family was super irritating, but she seems to adore them.

6 hours ago, wandering woman said:

Carlin and Evan will rush to an engagement because they are fundies, and that's what they do.

Also because of the horn

On 6/9/2017 at 4:46 PM, SuhrEnity said:

Wouldn't surprise me. With a degree in youth ministry from PCC, he's not going to be a hot commodity in the job market. The Knoxville area has a decent employment market, but probably not for fundiegelical youth ministers with unusable degrees from a marginally-accredited Bible college.

Story time! When I was a teenager, I attended a youth group at a Southern Baptist church (not by choice). Like most SBC-affiliated churches, the views of the congregation were all over the map. My dad wasn't all that strict in that I was allowed to date normally and didn't have restrictions on what I wore, but other parents were stricter (but not to the fundie extent). Anyway, one of my friends had an older brother who was hell-bent on going to PCC to get some kind of music, education, and ministry degree. Their parents tried to convince him to go to state school, but he wouldn't have it and played the Jesus-is-leading-me card. They nearly bankrupted themselves sending him to PCC, to the point where my friend had to join the military in order to pay for college. 

I ran into my friend about five or six years ago. He'd gotten out of the military more or less unscathed and was in college on the GI bill, studying engineering and math. His older brother was working part-time at a local private Christian school and his wife had a job at a big box store. My friend's parents were still supporting his brother (and wife, and their child) because he couldn't find full-time work. Apparently, his PCC degree didn't meet requirements for him to be able to teach in a public school, so they were screwed. I haven't heard from any of them since then, though, so I'm not sure if anything has gotten better. 

I think I've said this before, but I don't think a degree in youth ministry is going to be useful. I live in the Bible Belt, and church attendance has declined significantly as the older generations continue to die off and aren't being replaced by newly-adult milennials and gen-xers and their kids. My teenage youth group had anywhere from 40-60 kids a week back in the day, sometimes more, but nowadays, they're lucky to have 20 kids a week. There was a full-time youth pastor back then, but they had to cut it back to part-time about ten years ago, and now they don't have one at all. My dad teaches the teenage Sunday School class, but on a volunteer basis and he doesn't have any kind of ministry degree (he's actually an engineer, lol). This seems to be the case at a lot of churches nowadays. They just don't have the attendance or revenue to afford a dedicated youth pastor. The only ones I know of that still do are the Six Flags over Jesus-style megachurches, and most cities can't support more than a couple of those. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived