IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Hey, Snarkettes --

Am I in the right thread for the Counting On episode that just started?  

I made sure to grab my chips & Diet Coke, but forgot the oh-so-important check-in of where we're "watching" together.

oh yes 

so far we know she is simple and that they are super close 

we had no idea about the above and Jill is as obnoxious as ever 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, crap.  I'm already out of chips.  Somebody please send popcorn.  And wine.  :56247956409be_32(13):

2 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Well, crap.  I'm already out of chips.  Somebody please send popcorn.  And wine.  :56247956409be_32(13):

this is what unemployed people do- they travel in packs to wherever the hell this place is 

and wine is sent 

I can't stand Jinge and Jill :D

Counting On - Season 3, Episode 1 - "Jinger's Dress...."  

OMG WHO THE FUCK CARES?

We get to see the ENTIRE journey to Jinger's wedding.  Jessa will make this all about her.  JIll will pretend to be a midwife.  Joy's staged courtship question.  Bin's bs musak career.  Derrick pukes and goes to an actual dr (more than we can say for his wife)

We open with shots of bees on flowers. They're packing to go to a trip, Jinger is wearing a texas charm around her neck. They're going to virginia.

Jeremy explains how he proposed.  We are treated to flashbacks.  They even show them in a muted color so there is no confusion that this isnt live or something.  He explains how relived and joyful he was.  They front hug in the flashback.

He's excited for the wedding. They dont want to wait 3 weeks.

Jinger explains the wedding in virginia to Jana. Its 90 and will rain.

Jinger TH - cant believe this wedding dress thing is for her. 

Joy, Jessa, and Jinger sit on a bed.  Jessa is eating some kind of a snack and ignoring Joy.  Jana says she's going to pick out a dress.  Jill stands agianst the wall in a shirt that says "wifey" and texts.

JInger shows them a style she likes.  Long sleeves.  Jessa glares.  Jill texts...

The men describe jinger's style - thrifty, unique... urban, trendy, sassy... classical.

Jessa TH - its the jinger style.

They name everything except "modest."

Jinger shows them her color palate.

There is a pic of Joy and a non j'slave framed on the wall.  Its another woman I dont recognize (not sierra).

Jinger names off her bridesmaids.  Jessa is MOH.

Jessa TH - explains how jinger asked her to be the MOH.  I figured that to be the case but I didnt want to expect it.

Jinger rattles off names through johanna (includes Anna).

Jana TH - I think she was planning to have us in the wedding but forgot to tell us

JInger TH - I wanted to include jeremy's sister because I want to be in the family and my friends for so long

Jeremy TH - I have 10 groomsmen.

JInger TH - We've been super close. I dont know if they were expecting it... but they probably were.

Josie climbs onto Jinger's lap and takes a phone.  JInger kind of ignores her.

JInger explains she's going to the same dress shop JIll went to

Jill - Renee is a designer and she'll be there to help Jinger design it (I thought they were trying things on)

They claim to be ready... but only Jinger packed.

Jill explains that they just got back form SINTRAL Amerika.  Flashbacks of her coming back.

Jessa - the goal is to get a dress, but its nice to have sister time.

JInger - I;m moving to laredo so I want to have time with my sisters.

The next day at 6:15 Bin carries bags.  Michelle through Joy J'slaves are going, as well as Jeremy's parents.  They;re taking the 11 passenger van.

Bin and Derick are also coming to "take care of the babies."

Jessa - Just a few weeks ago we announced that we are expecting our second baby.  Spurgeon was almost 7 months, so they'll be 15 months apart.  OUr lives will change because I'll be trying to adjust to motherhood again and a toddler. I guess we'llhave to multitask.

Jinger - I spoke to jeremy this mornign and we had devotions. I wish he could be there.  I think his idea is as long as you show up in a white dress... I love a long train... After we got engaged I showed him some idea and he liked them. It will be a unique wedding.

Thanks for the wine-love, @nst.  Maybe we should be kind and share with lovely @Buzzard as well?  (She seems to be over the wedding already.)

Ok,  did anyone else here how Jinger emphasized the word NOW when she said that she is going to live in Laredo which is where Jeremy lives "now". Does this mean that they are already viewing that as a temporary location.

What the HECK?  These hillbilly girls don't even understand the need to wear proper shoes to shop in a proper wedding salon.
Oh. My. Freaking. Gosh.

I saw the dreaded flip flops of shame on Jill and possibly Jessa?  Jeremy's mother must be absolutely horrified!!  (ETA:  Jessa's very, very casual sandals at least have a back strap on them.)

2 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Ok,  did anyone else here how Jinger emphasized the word NOW when she said that she is going to live in Laredo which is where Jeremy lives "now". Does this mean that they are already viewing that as a temporary location.

maybe they want to end up in Arkansas 

they will name the dress THE JINGER 

and Michelle uses THE WORD PRECIOUS 

"Well he didn't really do great with the ring, but he did great with you!"

OH MY LORD I WOULD HAVE SLAPPED THIS FAKE-ASS "DESIGNER" LADY. You do NOT insult the ring of the bride that you're designing for. So rude. 

EDIT: I misheard "only" as "really." So she was not being rude, I'm just deaf :shrug:

"Well he didn't do great with the ring, but he did great with you!"
OH MY LORD I WOULD HAVE SLAPPED THIS FAKE-ASS "DESIGNER" LADY. You do NOT insult the ring of the bride that you're designing for. So rude. 

What is so wrong with her ring anyway?

Just now, VeganCupcake said:

Somebody tell me is Jessa is acting salty about it all? 

she is beyond - jill and jessa are both beyond 

the lady asks Jinger what her needs and desires are 

give me a break 

she is beyond - jill and jessa are both beyond 
the lady asks Jinger what her needs and desires are 
give me a break 

But why are they salty?

4 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

"Well he didn't do great with the ring, but he did great with you!"

I agree she's super annoying. But I heard "Not only did he do great with the ring, he did great with you"....?

And for the love of dog, WHY did Jinger go dress shopping with that nasty "bed head" hair???

This blonde dress "designer" is giving off serious Sierra vibes.  She is a little intense.

1 minute ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

And for the love of dog, WHY did Jinger go dress shopping with that nasty "bed head" hair???

her hair is awful 

i can't stand any of these ladies

we get treated to jessa and jinge styling 

Counting on - Jinger's dress... that we've already seen - part 2

I'm very unhappy at seeing commercials - blue apron, the space between us, a lawfirm trying to get you to sue people for cerebral palsy...

In virginia the wimmenz get in a van and leave the babies with the menfolk.  They're apparently going to get ice cream.  Jill and Jessa hang onto them like they're leaving for months. Jessa appears to be showing.

Derick - I've never been wedding dress shopping but I imagine children owuld detract from te purpose.

The wimmen walk int othe shop. Michelle coos and squeals.We're told that Miss Wendy did Jill's dress, who has a friend, Renee, who designs dresses and they're excited... they look and coo at Jinger's ring.

JInger explains that she sent her ideas and they communicated, but this is their first meeting.  Renee shows her some ideas based on the texts... she has drawings and some dresses.  Renee kind of whispers and is a close talker.

She explains that she names the dresses after the bride that she makes so one will be "the jinger."

JInger - I had a list of things I desired and a few that I could give or take. She says she wants a long train and the sleeves.

MIchelle 0 I cant believe she is getting married and moving way far away. Is such a precious thing because we're going to blink and she'll be off starting her life with jeremy.

They put a tiara on JInger.  Michelle hops up to "help" jinger get into dresses.  She comes out in the first one and Renee tells them to close their eyes.  She's already annoying.  (I NEED WINE - DAMN BEING PREGNANT!)

JInger - it was amazing being in a wedding dress.  

Jessa - seeing jinger comeout in a wedding dress, it was a lot to take in. Jeremy is stealing her.

Joy - wow, another sister is getting married. Its bittersweet but we're all super hapy about it.

Renee explains all 3 dresses she designed for jInger have a long train.  She asks her again about "needs and desires of her heard." They discuss modesty issues.  

Jinger TH - explains modesty... 

Michelle has way too much tanner on, she likes the sleeves.

JIll says the JInger has a good form

Derick th - I still rememebr when I first saw jill during our first look (he called her babe).  I dont remember the dress, just her.  FLASHBACK.  I know the dress was white.  I think every guy looks forward to seeing her on the wedding day.

Renee explains the "base dress" and there are moe. Jinger isnt sure about the waistline. Joy thinks she wanted more detail.  Jill thinks its a good direction, but its not it.

On 1/15/2017 at 7:41 PM, SamiKatz said:

I would assume there would be kickback from both families if Anna did leave Josh as well.  I know her one brother said he would take her in, but could he really support Anna and four kids as well?  

I think she is between a rock and a hard place.

And I so agree with you - it's very easy to judge her for her decisions when you're not the one facing her (bleak) choices.

Anna would be entitled to hefty child support from her bastard husband if she left his ass. Plus she could work. Having some familiy support is a lot more than many other women in her position have. Where there is a will there is a way. She doesn't have the will because the mind-fucking has weakened her. For now. She is young though...

Bonus break

Jessa and Jinger talk about their style.  Jessa likes fall colors and is "super into maxi skirts" and she's into baggy shirts because its great post baby, getting back into shape.

Jinger has a dress she got for $6 and a cardigan.  

All clothes at the house are free game unless its your favorite.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived