IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, VeganCupcake said:

I wonder why so many of the younger kids are courting/marrying before the older ones. Jana, JD, and Joseph have never courted. But 5 of the kids younger than they are have (if you include Josiah).

Joe is younger than all the married siblings so really it's just Jana/JD.  Could be many different reasons.  Could be they haven't met the one. Don't think JB&M are keeping anyone at home intentionally.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows what's up with Jana, but I think that with the Duggar boys, especially JD who would be most ready for marriage there is just no incentive. Josh was married very young and had a passel of kids in rapid succession, as was expected, and really it can't have been easy for him or his family, even while at the peak of Duggar fame. I think Josh and Anna's marriage has had far more problems than we even know about and I think for the other boys it's been a wake up call. I can't see them seeing the choices Josh made and thinking those are good footsteps to follow if you don't have to.

I think JD likes his freedom. He gets to have his little side jobs, live at home, do whatever he wants and answer to no one really as long as he keeps himself busy. He does have his interests, but JD actually strikes me as someone who is a bit lazy and doesn't like to be challenged or stressed, and hasn't quite figured out how he would support a wife and eleventy kids on his own yet. I think he likes just having to look out for himself for now and do his own thing. As for the other boys, I think they too are far too young and haven't quite figured out how to make it financially to have a family. 

I have never been around fundies before, but I would guess there are horny guys like Bin and Josh who get married young just so they can have sex. And then there are others who actually consider what they are getting themselves into. Men can marry much later and still have large families. I wouldn't be surprise if most or even all of the Duggar boys were well into their 30s before marriage.

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Joe is younger than all the married siblings so really it's just Jana/JD.  Could be many different reasons.  Could be they haven't met the one. Don't think JB&M are keeping anyone at home intentionally.

often I wonder if it's a twin thing with Jana and JD, perhaps he doesn't want to leave until she has her own life...my mother was a identical twin, so I've watched it close up, but I don't really know if the bond is as strong with fraternal twins

2 hours ago, goldengrove said:

I am too...Joy loves the outdoors, another bonus...theirs really could be another love match, without all the visible heat of Jinger and Jeremy during courtship.

*snip*

I really, really, REALLY don't want to see any "heat" with Austin & Joy. In my mind, she's still that boisterous, tomboyish little girl.

i often what is the point of them and I could mean the parents or whoever posts on DFOF always showing Jana entertaining children - what is the point - she is the only one left.... who cares.. plus it's not her siblings but her siblings kids. 

Maybe some of them are interested in people who don't want to be part of the show.  If this is the case, then some Duggars could be secretly hoping that TLC will pull the plug.  While there will probably always be a degree of media attention on the family, there's a big difference between having a courtship and wedding filmed vs. being one of umpteen in-laws turning up for a briefly televised family reunion or magazine piece.

4 minutes ago, MotherOfDragons said:

I really, really, REALLY don't want to see any "heat" with Austin & Joy. In my mind, she's still that boisterous, tomboyish little girl. :pb_neutral:

I don't want to see that either, PDA's make me uncomfortable tbh :S

I'm at a disadvantage sometimes because I only saw a couple of the first episodes way back (building TTH, michelle preggers, their garage sized pantry is all I remember...I was appalled at the number of kids they had), then I don't see the show again until a couple of years ago, and started lurking here soon after...so,  I missed several births and a lot of growing up years, I only started noticing Joy when she was helping Sierra with one of their parties

1 hour ago, goldengrove said:

often I wonder if it's a twin thing with Jana and JD, perhaps he doesn't want to leave until she has her own life...my mother was a identical twin, so I've watched it close up, but I don't really know if the bond is as strong with fraternal twins

Another close relative of identical twins here.

I've long thought there might be a bond between JD & Jana, and that it may be the reason  Josh didn't fool with her.  

If JD had found out his twin sister was molested, he might have decked golden-boy Josh.

Yep, Josh might have intuited that he'd feel immediate repercussions having nothing to do with (so-called) hard labor and/or a stern talking-to by a gruff-but-fair policeman.

19 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Anyone want to wildly speculate on why they were moved to MONDAY at 9PM instead of Tuesday at 8?  Monday seems to be a much more valuable time slot.  

I've actually been wondering about this. "Little People Big World" had their season finale this past Tuesday and they had the 8pm slot. "Kate Plus 8" also had their season finale and they were on at 10. "Outdaughtered" is concluding with a 2 hour finale next Tuesday, 9-11pm, so why they didn't slot them in before that is odd - it would've kept them at the same spot as last season. Now TLC is putting the show up against "The Bachelor" (I know, I know) which is wildly popular and trends every week that it's on. Hmmmm...I'm in video so all of these things pique my interest.

I've actually been wondering about this. "Little People Big World" had their season finale this past Tuesday and they had the 8pm slot. "Kate Plus 8" also had their season finale and they were on at 10. "Outdaughtered" is concluding with a 2 hour finale next Tuesday, 9-11pm, so why they didn't slot them in before that is odd - it would've kept them at the same spot as last season. Now TLC is putting the show up against "The Bachelor" (I know, I know) which is wildly popular and trends every week that it's on. Hmmmm...I'm in video so all of these things pique my interest.

I love the bachelor...

6 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

I love the bachelor...

So do I. :my_blush: I live-tweet during the show. Weird season so far though....

38 minutes ago, JoyfulSel said:

So do I. :my_blush: I live-tweet during the show. Weird season so far though....

Corrine is my spirit animal. 

Can't TLC close the damn show already? I mean, I don't want the children (except Josh, don't care about him at all) to live in poverty or anything , but surely they would find another source of income? TLC doesn't have the obligation to support this family for eleventy years...

Can't TLC close the damn show already? I mean, I don't want the children (except Josh, don't care about him at all) to live in poverty or anything , but surely they would find another source of income? TLC doesn't have the obligation to support this family for eleventy years...

TLC wants to support them for some unknown reason.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, Carm_88 said:

New year and we are still watching the same ole shit from last year...

My mother always says that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Maybe that's what they're trying to do?

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

TLC wants to support them for some unknown reason.

TLC must be making money from their show, or it wouldn't be on TV.  Seeing the positive comments/messages the Duggar family gets on their FB and blog pages, there seems to be a lot of people out there who like/support both them and their lifestyle, unfortunately.

On 1/11/2017 at 8:52 PM, MamaJunebug said:

I've long thought there might be a bond between JD & Jana, and that it may be the reason  Josh didn't fool with her.  

If JD had found out his twin sister was molested, he might have decked golden-boy Josh.

Yep, Josh might have intuited that he'd feel immediate repercussions having nothing to do with (so-called) hard labor and/or a stern talking-to by a gruff-but-fair policeman.

Every time I read this I feel sick. People (mostly black men) are still in prison since the 80s for doing drugs. You can still be imprisoned for weed in many states. Sex work? Prison. Kids can go to juvie in Texas for disrupting class. But this POS just has to not be on Mommy's and Daddy's show anymore. Doesn't even have to not see his kids. 

On 1/11/2017 at 5:24 PM, justmy2cents said:

I agree. I've always just thought Jana especially was more particular. I just feel like she'd wait to truly love somebody. Jill, Jessa, and to a lesser extent, Jinger, have always seemed like they'd go for anybody suitably Christian enough who expressed interest in them that they were also attracted to. I see Jana waiting for a soulmate of sorts. Don't know why. 

I think JD was very upset about what happened with Josh and the Ashley Madison thing. When the first episode after the scandal when he was interviewed it was the most I ever heard him speak. I also think in some way because he was not the "golden boy" he did not have the same pressure that Josh did. 

JD threw Josh under the bus. He said something to the effect of he lost all respect for Josh. My evil side wishes JD had beat Josh's ass.

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

JD threw Josh under the bus. He said something to the effect of he lost all respect for Josh. My evil side wishes JD had beat Josh's ass.

Sure it's was the evil side? :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

This was when I really did gain some respect for JD. Sure, he's awkward and fundie - but he knew what Josh did was wrong and acknowledged the effect the scandal had on his relationship with Josh. All the other kids acted like it was the media's fault for dragging it up that was upsetting them; JD was honest in that it was Josh's actions that were the upsetting part.  

I am curious if part of JD's not marrying thing is just that he wants to do his own thing and stay out of the limelight as much as possible. I feel like if the show were to end soon, both he and Jana would marry relatively quickly.

On 1/11/2017 at 8:52 PM, MamaJunebug said:

I work with twins, and male/female fraternal twins have a bond that is much stronger than your typical brother/sister bond. Identical twins are on another level, but some of the male/female fraternal twins I've encountered have a stronger bond than same-sex fraternal twins. It wouldn't surprise me if JD is very protective of Jana. 

22 minutes ago, allybug47 said:

I work with twins, and male/female fraternal twins have a bond that is much stronger than your typical brother/sister bond. Identical twins are on another level, but some of the male/female fraternal twins I've encountered have a stronger bond than same-sex fraternal twins. It wouldn't surprise me if JD is very protective of Jana. 

My grands B/G are 10 months apart.  They get mistaken for twins all the time.  They share a very close bond ( B has already pulled the matress off his  bed, dragged it to G's room and laid it down next to her bed when she is having a rough night.  G knows when B has migraine and makes him a cup of coffee to deal with it.)  They are 10 and 9.  They will fight with each other but no way in Hell would they stand for someone   hurting the other.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived