IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

I love that dress.  and I agree with you assessment of Joys style, but I don't see her in this dress.  This looks more like something I could have seen Jinger in, or even Jana.  It still feels a bit to frilly for Joy.  Love the dress though,  very pretty

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, calimojo said:

I think Ben and Derick don't pair well either.  Their interactions are very awkward and really they should have a fair amount in common,  Both want to minister, both have young babies with more on the way, they are married to sisters, etc.  But they don't seem at all close or even as if they are friends. 

they seemed more authentic when they were working together for that pretend stage show way back when 

since then they act like strangers

I can picture Joy in a lovely dress even though she's not a dress-girl. She will probably wear cowboy boots for shoes, which I would applaud. 

One of the moments I will never forget about Anna's wedding, was when she explained she was told she couldn't selfish on her wedding day. It was all about God and not about her so she was to not complain about anything *she* wanted. Like a nice dress. Poor thing. Your wedding day is the one day you absolutely get to be selfish. 

18 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

It also ticks me off how Jill and Jessa like poking at the subject because they very well know this will bring attention to them and their show and cause people to wonder.

Jill and Derick moved back to AR back in August and by now they have to be all settled in for the long run since she's pregnant. Derick not too long ago was wearing a "Sam's Furniture" shirt. The owner of that business is a friend of the Duggars so it's a good guess that he got hooked up with him.

Sam's Furniture is a major step down from the Walmart accounting job he had prior to moving to El Salvador.  I assume they're living in the mini mansion with the pool that is owned by Jim Boob.  Jessa must be envious that Jill gets to live in the great house while she's stuck in that rambler that Josh and Anna used to occupy.

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

You do realize that Jessa and Jill's weddings took place before the Josh shit hit the fan?  They weren't punished for anything.  They worked with the budget that they were given.  It's very obvious that JInger was given a much larger budget.

The reason Jinger got a more elaborate wedding is because that's what TLC wanted, and they paid for the whole thing.

6 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

I can picture Joy in a lovely dress even though she's not a dress-girl. She will probably wear cowboy boots for shoes, which I would applaud. 

One of the moments I will never forget about Anna's wedding, was when she explained she was told she couldn't selfish on her wedding day. It was all about God and not about her so she was to not complain about anything *she* wanted. Like a nice dress. Poor thing. Your wedding day is the one day you absolutely get to be selfish. 

I hope Joy gets whatever kind of wedding that she want and I hope even more that it's not for a while! :) 

3 hours ago, wandering woman said:

Jessa must be envious that Jill gets to live in the great house while she's stuck in that rambler that Josh and Anna used to occupy.

I wonder how long it'll be before we see Boob gift them another house. 

The budget for last season's filming was way smaller than the "... and Counting" series, so my bet is that the extra cash went on the wedding, to make them seem less ridiculous as a family.  No big trips, except to New York, running replay episodes of clips shot earlier in the season, etc etc - it was totally cheap TV.

6 hours ago, Lurky said:

The budget for last season's filming was way smaller than the "... and Counting" series, so my bet is that the extra cash went on the wedding, to make them seem less ridiculous as a family.  No big trips, except to New York, running replay episodes of clips shot earlier in the season, etc etc - it was totally cheap TV.

Agree. They are trying to glamorize the Duggars. That Jinger wedding reminded me of Kim K's first televised wedding, on a much smaller scale of course. I hope more people don't get sucked into the fundie world on account of the Duggar's newfound sparkly image, Jeremy's looks and charisma, etc. Well I guess a few already have, like Ciara. North West Arkansas seems to have become a cesspool of wannabe fundies and Duggar latchers-on. 

The Duggars used to look the part of homeschooled Jesus freaks; now they slather on the makeup and have professional hairstyling. Remember the poofy diy perms of the old days? 

15 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

It makes me so mad to think how much Anna has gotten screwed over by the Duggars and Fundamentalism. 

On 14/01/2017 at 1:42 AM, SamiKatz said:

TLC must be making money from their show, or it wouldn't be on TV.  Seeing the positive comments/messages the Duggar family gets on their FB and blog pages, there seems to be a lot of people out there who like/support both them and their lifestyle, unfortunately.

That and probably all the negative comments get deleted quick smart!

56 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

It makes me so mad to think how much Anna has gotten screwed over by the Duggars and Fundamentalism. 

Anna is an adult and made the choice to marry a child molester.  She has also chosen to stay in a highly dysfunctional marriage.  I don't feel too sorry for her.

46 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

Anna is an adult and made the choice to marry a child molester.  She has also chosen to stay in a highly dysfunctional marriage.  I don't feel too sorry for her.

I don't think she knew the whole story when marrying Josh. I think there was a lot of vague talk about his past regrets and "straying from the Lord," yada yada yada. Frankly, I think Anna knew so little about sex before marrying that she wouldn't have understood all of it anyway.

And yes, she has decided to stay for now. But she's got four very young kids, no education, and no job history (not to mention the media and family pressures). I'm not saying she's perfect or a hero, but it's easy to say you'd do things differently when you're not the one facing those options. Anna was raised from day 1 to rely on men to take care of her and given no tools for self-sufficiency. All of the men in her life have failed her miserably. 

1 minute ago, nausicaa said:

I don't think she knew the whole story when marrying Josh. I think there was a lot of vague talk about his past regrets and "straying from the Lord," yada yada yada. Frankly, I think Anna knew so little about sex before marrying that she wouldn't have understood all of it anyway.

And yes, she has decided to stay for now. But she's got four very young kids, no education, and no job history (not to mention the media and family pressures). I'm not saying she's perfect or a hero, but it's easy to say you'd do things differently when you're not the one facing those options. Anna was raised from day 1 to rely on men to take care of her and given no tools for self-sufficiency. All of the men in her life have failed her miserably. 

I would assume there would be kickback from both families if Anna did leave Josh as well.  I know her one brother said he would take her in, but could he really support Anna and four kids as well?  

I think she is between a rock and a hard place.

And I so agree with you - it's very easy to judge her for her decisions when you're not the one facing her (bleak) choices.

I don't know if you could consider a 20 year old a fully grown person. Anna was 20 when she married Josh plus she was raised in an extreme cult and probably didn't know anything about interacting with men other than men are beasts and it's her responsability if they don't behave.

I don't blame Anna for marrying Josh, she was pretty much a child.

I don't know if I could blame her for staying with him. She has no education or job history, but at least she is a tv personality and would find a lot of help outside of the Duggar family if she left Josh. I don't think she would get any money from Josh because it's all JB's money in the end and JB doesn't have to pay a dime to his grandchildren if he doesn't want to (am I right with that?). Josh could be broke on paper because JB owns everything.

I think the combination of Anna not being raised to know her rights and not being a brave person in general results in her staying with Josh.

I still can't believe Derick gave up his job as an accountant for Walmart!!!! I mean, this is like THE career opportunity you only get once in a lifetime!

Imagine being an accounting for Walmart and a tv personality = jackpot! He could have come far in that company, even if he changed from being an accounting to pr or something.

I just cannot believe this happened.

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 2:00 PM, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

These people make Breaking Amish look like America's Next Top Model. I've never understood why the Duggar women look pretty while the men look like Mr Potato Head fell in love with an Avocado...

I'm dying. This is hilariously accurate.

Let us not forget that Jeremy was a professional soccerplayer , they make shitloads of money  here in europe . I bet he has a nice amount  in his bank account. He is by far the best catch moneywise any duggar daughter has landed.

As a current 20 year-old, I can assure you Anna was not mature enough. I have much more life experience than Anna had, and i still consider myself a kid, because I am one. Anna probably had the same perspective any normal 12 year-old has.

4 hours ago, ven said:

Let us not forget that Jeremy was a professional soccerplayer , they make shitloads of money  here in europe . I bet he has a nice amount  in his bank account. He is by far the best catch moneywise any duggar daughter has landed.

Jeremy was not a star player. i think for one team he just rode the bench. In one of the earlier threads someone found his salary and I think it was around $40k a season. I wouldn't doubt that he needs the TLC money to pay everyday living expenses. I doubt his home church is paying him much in salary  for the tiny church he runs.

I think it's easy to judge Anna. Most of us have lived lives outside of a cult, where we learn to depend on ourselves. Anna never learned that. She went from being a SAHD to a helpmeet. She was 20 years old and like someone said, had the life experience of a 12 year old. She didn't understand about sex and I'm sure what she was told was highly diluted anyway. Flash forward and she finds out her husband is a scumbag. She has four children and no way to support them If she leaves.
I'd judge Anna's parents for getting her into this situation because Anna had very little choice in her life.

We keep coming back to is subject with two different views. One is that Anna should have been aware/should leave to protect her children from Josh, and the other is that she was too young and naive to understand what he'd done. Now she has 4 children, she should leave or should stay where she has support from the TTH. Anna is probably still in turmoil. I feel for her.

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

We keep coming back to is subject with two different views. One is that Anna should have been aware/should leave to protect her children from Josh, and the other is that she was too young and naive to understand what he'd done. Now she has 4 children, she should leave or should stay where she has support from the TTH. Anna is probably still in turmoil. I feel for her.

I feel for her also. She did not ask for this when she married Josh.  She now has to "keep sweet" with a guy who dose not care what he has done. 

We also assume that her parents truly understand how bad Josh's actions were.  We talk a lot about the children in fundie families not being exposed to the world much and listening to their parents but if their parents are just as sheltered from the world they may not have the life experiences to guide their children either. I think sometimes we like to think these parents are like omniscient oracles who choose not to share information about the world. In truth, they are just sheltered and ill prepared to deal with the world.

I feel for Anna too. She has a lot of stuff on her plate.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived