IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

On 1/12/2017 at 9:01 AM, JoyfulSel said:

I've actually been wondering about this. "Little People Big World" had their season finale this past Tuesday and they had the 8pm slot. "Kate Plus 8" also had their season finale and they were on at 10. "Outdaughtered" is concluding with a 2 hour finale next Tuesday, 9-11pm, so why they didn't slot them in before that is odd - it would've kept them at the same spot as last season. Now TLC is putting the show up against "The Bachelor" (I know, I know) which is wildly popular and trends every week that it's on. Hmmmm...I'm in video so all of these things pique my interest.

This sounds a bit like TLC wants Counting On to fail. Someone above suggested they're keeping it on because it's making money, but is it? I thought most of the national advertisers bailed during Joshocalypse 2015.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

"Quick, everyone act like you're used to physical contact!"

tumblr_ojoutjqIUt1uipssao1_500.png

Is it even possible for Jessa to take a picture without her hand on her belly? Jinger  has no idea what to do with her right hand and Jill looks like that fist is gonna punch Jessa. At least Jana looks really beautiful yet again...

The promo pics look very photoshopped. It's very likely that they did single shoots and shoots with each couple and then put it together to get the group pic. It's the only way to explain why the pics look so... awkward.

To play the devils advocat a bit, for me it's very possible that Jana has a hard time finding a guy who's interested in her. After all she is old in fundie terms, where the only purpose as a woman is go get married, serve her husband and raise kids. So I think her age plays a role. She's in a similar situation as Tabitha Paine was before she got engaged to her fiance.

Or maybe someone who grew up fundie could tell if or whether an "older" age affects a women finding a husband.

1 hour ago, NewOrleansLady said:

My grands B/G are 10 months apart.  They get mistaken for twins all the time.  They share a very close bond ( B has already pulled the matress off his  bed, dragged it to G's room and laid it down next to her bed when she is having a rough night.  G knows when B has migraine and makes him a cup of coffee to deal with it.)  They are 10 and 9.  They will fight with each other but no way in Hell would they stand for someone   hurting the other.

My sister and I are Irish twins and the bond runs deep. We can read each other's minds!

4 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

My sister and I are Irish twins and the bond runs deep. We can read each other's minds!

A friend of mine had Irish twins as well.  She went for her three-month check up post baby #2, and found out she was two months pregnant with #3.  Whoops!  Not sure if they had a psychic connection though.

18 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

A friend of mine had Irish twins as well.  She went for her three-month check up post baby #2, and found out she was two months pregnant with #3.  Whoops!  Not sure if they had a psychic connection though.

You'll have to wait and see. But don't surprised when that is the case. 

2 hours ago, allybug47 said:

I work with twins, and male/female fraternal twins have a bond that is much stronger than your typical brother/sister bond. Identical twins are on another level, but some of the male/female fraternal twins I've encountered have a stronger bond than same-sex fraternal twins. It wouldn't surprise me if JD is very protective of Jana. 

I have always thought exactly this...yes, he does come across as awkward on television (I can be all kinds of mouthy, but point a camera at me, I shut up and look for the nearest exit :pb_eek:), but I feel like he is a lot deeper than the usual duggar, jana as well...soulmates don't have to be romantic partners in my experience, they can be anyone that one has a strong bond with (or even animals, I have had 3 cats in my life that I would swear were/are the same spirit)

I know the duggars would not entertain any of the above (they'd probably damn me to hell for posting it, I know my mother is probably turning sod :P

Speaking as a Twin whose other half is a boy I didn't realize until I was older how protective my brother was of me and it wouldn't surprise me with them either. It just blows my mind/makes me sad how much their cult dictates how they can act since they are two differnt sexes.

I don't think we are psychic but we know how each other is feeling especially as we gotten older. Also he had delayed speech growing up so I wonder how that played a role, we had our own language as a result and they are so many videos of our parents being like "what are they saying to each other?!"

2 hours ago, Smash! said:

The promo pics look very photoshopped. It's very likely that they did single shoots and shoots with each couple and then put it together to get the group pic. It's the only way to explain why the pics look so... awkward.

To play the devils advocat a bit, for me it's very possible that Jana has a hard time finding a guy who's interested in her. After all she is old in fundie terms, where the only purpose as a woman is go get married, serve her husband and raise kids. So I think her age plays a role. She's in a similar situation as Tabitha Paine was before she got engaged to her fiance.

Or maybe someone who grew up fundie could tell if or whether an "older" age affects a women finding a husband.

I think it's the other way around, and that's going from all the stuff that's been said throughout the years. It's been said over and over again that she hasn't found the one God has for her and I for one believe that. Jana is very beautiful and sweet. Someone with those genuine qualities, and with the fame and attention she brings, wouldn't have a lack for applicants to JB's questionnaire and tests. But like she has said over and over again, she has been and still is waiting for God to bring the one for her. 

As for her age, she's in her late 20s and I (from living and understanding her lifestyle and position) don't think age is an issue in her particular case. Because she's basically famous and well known, I think she could have gotten married at 20, 24 or right now by just saying yes to someone who for the most part believes and adheres to her family's beliefs exactly like her sisters did (Jessa).

But I believe she hasn't gotten married and has not been in a courtship because Jana truly believes that God has made someone specifically for her (her "perfect other half" or "soulmate" as someone mentioned here) and that person has not been revealed to her yet because it's all based on God's timing. I mean thats what we've always seen and heard from the Duggar family in their previous shows -"waiting for God's timing". From what we know of her family's fundamentalist beliefs, I believe Jana will not enter into a courtship until God reveals that person to her. However, I do personally think 2017 will be Jana's year. 

3 hours ago, halcionne said:

This sounds a bit like TLC wants Counting On to fail. Someone above suggested they're keeping it on because it's making money, but is it? I thought most of the national advertisers bailed during Joshocalypse 2015.

Right, I was thinking the same thing. With all of the empty schedule that they now have on Tuesdays, which was where the show aired last season, it is odd that they would change days. Putting it up against a fairly popular show is stupid - unless you're trying to sabotage the show itself.

TLC spends so much time and money on the promos though, so not sure what is going on here.

Has anyone seen this video on Jessa's second baby shower? I noticed that Jana and Joy's voices and the way they talk are EXACTLY THE SAME! I couldn't tell the difference.

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/tlcme-videos/jessas-baby-shower-for-her-second-child/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=countingontlc&sf50834677=1

The promo pics all look like a group of people that have never met before, even the couples. It's as though they have no idea how to demonstrate true joy or happiness. 

3 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Has anyone seen this video on Jessa's second baby shower? I noticed that Jana and Joy's voices and the way they talk are EXACTLY THE SAME! I couldn't tell the difference.

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/tlcme-videos/jessas-baby-shower-for-her-second-child/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=countingontlc&sf50834677=1

Joy's voice is a touch higher but yeah they sound very similar. 

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

The promo pics all look like a group of people that have never met before, even the couples. It's as though they have no idea how to demonstrate true joy or happiness. 

To be fair, the Duggars have been so emotionally repressed by their cult/family that they probably don't know how to feel much of anything, much less demonstrate it...

16 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

Is it even possible for Jessa to take a picture without her hand on her belly? Jinger  has no idea what to do with her right hand and Jill looks like that fist is gonna punch Jessa. At least Jana looks really beautiful yet again...

we have to know Jessa is pregnant - come on :D

I never got the impression that JD and Jana were even close, much less JD being protective over her. Then again, not many of the Duggar siblings show strong bonds outside of the Buddy relationships aside from Jinger/Jessa and Jinger/Joe 

@HarleyQuinn I also initially thought too. Later on (Counting On vs 19 Kids), there were subtle hints that make me realize those two are closer than they've shown on TV. The one example that stands out for me was when Jana mentioned she hopes she will be best friends with JD's future wife. I don't remember her exact phrasing but that is not something you'd say about just any sibling.

4 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

@HarleyQuinn I also initially thought too. Later on (Counting On vs 19 Kids), there were subtle hints that make me realize those two are closer than they've shown on TV. The one example that stands out for me was when Jana mentioned she hopes she will be best friends with JD's future wife. I don't remember her exact phrasing but that is not something you'd say about just any sibling.

Ahh, I didn't know that. I've never watched Counting On, I only read Buzzard's recaps and FJ comments. :pb_lol: 

18 hours ago, NewOrleansLady said:

My grands B/G are 10 months apart.  They get mistaken for twins all the time.  They share a very close bond ( B has already pulled the matress off his  bed, dragged it to G's room and laid it down next to her bed when she is having a rough night.  G knows when B has migraine and makes him a cup of coffee to deal with it.)  They are 10 and 9.  They will fight with each other but no way in Hell would they stand for someone   hurting the other.

My older brother & sister were 18 months apart (so I wouldn't say if they'd have been classified as Irish Twins per se), but they were quite close. I'm the baby of the family, & I was born 7+ years after my sister (birth order: brother-sister-me).

Needless to say, my brother & sister were quite close, & when my brother was alive I felt closer to him than I did/do to her (due to age, perhaps, but most likely due to our personalities). While I do think my sister can be a majorly annoying pita most of the time, I do trust her implicitly with certain things (I'm mainly a private person, even to my family).

When people say (either Fundies or non-fundies) that their sibling(s) is their best friend, I get a wee bit envious. But that's just me.  

Three and Four are 18 months, minus one day, apart in age. Irish twins? Psychic twins? I don't know, but the bond those two have is the tightest emotional bond I've ever seen. Interestingly, Four often takes the lead, protects Three, defends Three, and has since they were small.. I've always wondered if they will live together in the same home or if they will live very close to one another when they leave home.

2 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

Talking about the subject, Laura, Jana's good friend, was in town again and at Jessa's baby shower. I bring it up because she is a close friend to Jana and I've always thought there could be a possible connection with Laura and JD. She spends A lOT of time with the Duggars for just being a "friend." She spent months with the family in the fall and now she's back again? It just makes me think there's more than meets the eye. She is a few years older than JD (but at their age, it doesn't really matter IMO) and does have a job, so I only know if he'd want that, but it's easy to want to connect the dots.

And there was that time last season when they went to Missouri when they were talking about JD's relationship status. It almost seemed like they (Jinger) were hiding something obvious. Idk, you be the judge. 

20 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

"Quick, everyone act like you're used to physical contact!"

tumblr_ojoutjqIUt1uipssao1_500.png

Jinger looks like she's either gonna strangle Joy or try to snap her neck. What an awkward pose! 

I am getting sick of all the speculation about whether Jessa is having twins.  My guess is no, but  TLC will keep the story line going to keep up viewer interest in her pregnancy.  

On another topic, have Jill and Derick moved back to Arkansas?  I wonder what he is doing for a job.  Hopefully he isn't another one of Jim Boob's workers, but anything is possible.   Derick looks awful these days.

Going back a bit on this thread, but I thought Joe also was pretty honest in his disillusionment with Josh once he knew what he had done.

And  when I heard he and JD discuss it,  I watched some older episodes,  and it is actually quite hard to find much evidence of Josh being close with his siblings.  It always seems like he was sort of off on his own.  At the time, I attributed it to him being the oldest and with the patriarchal society that awarded him some sort of important status.  But now knowing about Josh's actions,  I think his sibs just kept him at a distance.  True, none of the kids except Jackson and Hannie, ever seemed to be truly very close and natural with each other, but Josh just never seemed all that close with any of his sibs.  He bossed them around, and lead them on what to do and was responsible for them when their parents were not around, but he never seemed really tight with any of them. 

And, I don't really see closeness much with Jessa and Jinger either, despite the fact that they always claim they are close.  Jinger is more spontaneous and natural in her interactions with Ben than with Jessa.  And I definitely picked up on tension between them when they were shopping for Jessas nursery furniture.  Jinger was clearly over it and Jessa was not at all in hearing Jinger's feedback about things. 

Well Jana used to be a tomboy as a kid, so maybe her and JD were two little buddies then. It's hard to know if they do hang out and chat when the cameras aren't around. Neither of them are overly comfortable with the cameras, so it's hard to tell what they are like day to day. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived