IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

On 1/18/2017 at 9:25 PM, princessmahina said:

I find it so unbelievably incredible that there are people out there like that. It's not something I could ever understand, I guess.

He got some serious side eye from me the first time I noticed it but it really is one of his prized possessions. It's interesting to see how everyone has their own opinions of that flag, especially when the owner happens to be black.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/19/2017 at 0:15 AM, Jiraffe said:

Oh, and as for PukeyDerick in the promos (grosssss)... Years ago I had a weird illness. It messed with my whole system, and made me nauseous but not in a stomach-churny way. I used to call it...."feeling gaggy."

I'm kind of ashamed to have been using a Duggarism, lol. 

I am essentially anemic because of a minor blood disorder. As long as I am good about protein and iron consumption it is rarely an issue. The clip of Derrick where he doubles over gagging from nausea while on a run makes me wonder if he currently suffers from a similar issue, because that used to happen to me a lot. 

(Apologies if this type of discussion is not allowed. I'm not sure).

14 hours ago, barbecutie said:

I am essentially anemic because of a minor blood disorder. As long as I am good about protein and iron consumption it is rarely an issue. The clip of Derrick where he doubles over gagging from nausea while on a run makes me wonder if he currently suffers from a similar issue, because that used to happen to me a lot. 

(Apologies if this type of discussion is not allowed. I'm not sure).

That would make a lot of sense, I'm sure they weren't eating extremely well while they were away. In fact I think Jill even said something along those lines. 

18 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Did the episode touch on him being sick, or was this just from the preview? 

Just a preview and probably will continue to be one for weeks to come. 

On 1/19/2017 at 6:26 PM, lumpentheologie said:

Hemmings was Mary's half-sister, and apparently strongly resembled her. And she was light-skinned -- her mother had also had a white father. Three out of the four children of Hemmings and Jefferson decided to change their identities and live as white people after Jefferson's death. At that time in Virginia you were legally white if you had 1/8th or less black ancestry, but they were still legally slaves. 

I highly recommend the book "The Hemmingses of Monticello" if any of you have an interest in this.  It tells the story of the Hemmingses for four generations -- it won a Pulitzer Prize and I found it fascinating

This is an old article about one of the descendants of Easton Hemings Jefferson, I still remember talking about it in school. She was raised white but in the 2000 census listed herself as black.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/17/opinion/editorial-observer-a-hemings-family-turns-from-black-to-white-to-black.html

I don't know if this has been posted yet but I just need to rant: FUCK YOU JILL FUCKING DILLARD for posting an announcement on instagram for a march to Planned Parenthood!!! Keep your fucking beliefs to yourself but stop threating others with it!
And the worst thing is, with Cheeto in office those people will have a voice and more will follow as now it's safe to express those "opinions" publicly. I'm gonna go throw up.
*rant over*
Edit:

5 minutes ago, Smash! said:

I don't know if this has been posted yet but I just need to rant: FUCK YOU JILL FUCKING DILLARD for posting an announcement on instagram for a march to Planned Parenthood!!! Keep your fucking beliefs to yourself but stop threating others with it!
And the worst thing is, with Cheeto in office those people will have a voice and more will follow as now it's safe to express those "opinions" publicly. I'm gonna go throw up.
*rant over*
Edit:

I agree, this is ridiculous. Not that she is posting it - we know their beliefs - and not even that the March is happening- everyone has a right to gather peacefully, even if we may not agree with their message.

What I find bothersome is that they are actually meeting at a Planned Parenthood. They can have their March without actually having to go to a PP location.

Is it bad that I want to make a donation to Planned Parenthood in the name of Cross Church? :my_angel:

2 minutes ago, Londish said:

I agree, this is ridiculous. Not that she is posting it - we know their beliefs - and not even that the March is happening- everyone has a right to gather peacefully, even if we may not agree with their message.

What I find bothersome is that they are actually meeting at a Planned Parenthood. They can have their March without actually having to go to a PP location.

Is it bad that I want to make a donation to Planned Parenthood in the name of Cross Church? :my_angel:

This makes me glad that my province has made it the way that the protesters have to be far away from Planned Parenthood. Jill is a fool but we knew that. Every life matters my ass. You don't give a fuck what happens to people once they are born. 

I saw this, too. Check out the comments. There's pro-life people who are commenting, but there's a lot of pro-choice people who are commenting back. It even looks like Jill and Cathy Dillard are responding to a few comments. As for me, I specifically waited until inauguration day to make a donation to Planned Parenthood of the Heartland, and then I joined the Women's March in Des Moines. My mom and dad joined me. After it was over, we went and got Tasty Tacos, because #nastywomen get hungry, too.

4 minutes ago, Londish said:

I donated $100 to Planned Parenthood in honor of VP Mikey P, so donate away!

What I find bothersome is that they are actually meeting at a Planned Parenthood.

Thank you for this. This is what made me so angry but couldn't put the finger on it.

Importantly, they do referrals for mammograms, which are crucial given that most insurance companies require it.

15 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

Maybe he's pregnant :pink-shock:

Yeah, maybe God feels they're not having babies fast enough so he opened Derick's womb.

How dare they choose to march outside a Planned Parenthood? Everyone has the right to feel safe. The people going there would not feel safe with these fruit loops around. Not happy - Jill you're disgusting, go hang your head in shame.

I can't help but be endlessly amused that these idiots were so caught up in a category 5 butthurticane over the women's march that they must march themselves IMMEDIATELY. 

The schadenfreude sustains me.

When I first read this, I skimmed over the date.  Has anyone else heard about this bullshit, national defund Planned Parenthood day on Feb. 11th?  You don't need to click, but here's a bit more info: https://prolifeaction.org/2017/defundpprally/  Are they just jumping ahead in Arkansas?  And since it's out there, I urge you all to do what you can by joining counter-protests to defend Planned Parenthood.  I know some folks in my area are organizing; if you can take action, please do so.  

Go ahead, Jill. Have your silly little march. Then compare it to yesterday's world march, and realize that you are ignorant of the true meaning of yesterday.

2 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I think she's right,  currently they do breast exams. Still, trying to undermine the good PP does, so fuck em both. 

I'm sure that's an entirely a result of obstructionists refusing to provide funding to allow them the equipment and not somehow being counter to their mission. 

Mammograms thing could depend on locations though. 

Do we even know if the location they are throwing the hissy fit is open today?

Personally I can't get over how selfish almost everyone who wants to defund planned parenthood is. Not understanding that for some women it's the only way that they can easily get access to care they need. Let alone in some states they do not perform abortions at all (Oklahoma is one of them). 

My husband's Amazon smile is set up to donate to Planned Parenthood of the heartland. While I rote mine between other foundations that offer finical aid to those that needs the help. 

As for donating in the name of those that want to make abortions do it. once a quarter I go down and select politicians from Oklahoma and donate in their names to Ladies Part Justice. 

On 1/19/2017 at 1:54 PM, Carm_88 said:

Agreed and world history! The whole Jessa comparing the holocaust to abortion still irks me to no end. 

I would bet a large amount of money the holocaust to them means "lots of people died" and absolutely nothing more. No statistics, no idea WHO those people were, no idea when or where it happened, or what caused it. If it weren't for the abortion = holocaust propaganda, I bet they would never have heard the word holocaust at all.

3 hours ago, Londish said:

Honestly this just makes me laugh as the march FOR PP and women's rights and reproductive freedom had MILLIONS of people around the world. Their sad little march will be like 50 people and no press coverage.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived