IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

The Planned Parenthood I go to does NOT do abortions, but nearly every day there's one or two protesters outside it. Not screamers, they silently hold a sign. But I have to bite my tongue every time.

my Amazon smile also donates to PP.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm actually reading this book that I got at a planned parenthood luncheon a couple months ago about abortion terrorism. So this just gets me a little mad due to reading with what the providers go through (ie: followed home, people yelling deathly threats, etc). I don't think they'll take it that far but just the fact that people do this just get me so mad because this is the last thing that individuals need that are getting an abortion as well as their providers.

I live by a Planned Parenthood (that doesn't provide abortions, but it doesn't seem to matter...) that always has protesters outside of it. One of the signs is always something along the lines of "please pray with me" and I always say "May women in this country and around the world always have access to safe, affordable reproductive health care. Amen."

5 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I especially liked when Cathy commented that Planned Parenthood doesn't do mammograms.

Uhm, my doctor doesn't do mammograms either.  I get referred to a radiologists office for them. 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I can't help but be endlessly amused that these idiots were so caught up in a category 5 butthurticane over the women's march that they must march themselves IMMEDIATELY. 

The schadenfreude sustains me.

SAME. I actually got on here just to remark on how funny it is to me that she had to make an instagram post about the well-planned-in-advance pro-life march, the moment it was clear the Women's March annihilated Trump's shitauguration turnout... I think she's insecure about the fact that the turnout isn't going to be anywhere near as massive as the Women's March turnout, and she's realizing they really are outnumbered. Good. The passive aggressive (and not so passive aggressive) hem-hawing from bigots about the Women's March gives me life.

Also, for her wasting my time with the stupid bullshit... I'm getting on Planned Parenthood now to make yet another donation, this time directly to the Planned Parenthood they will be protesting. And I love how the comments are flooded with tons of people basically being like, "Are you fucking kidding me J'Duggar? Thanks for the heads up, I'm donating to Planned Parenthood now!" :pb_lol:

So I'm actually reading this book that I got at a planned parenthood luncheon a couple months ago about abortion terrorism. So this just gets me a little mad due to reading with what the providers go through (ie: followed home, people yelling deathly threats, etc). I don't think they'll take it that far but just the fact that people do this just get me so mad because this is the last thing that individuals need that are getting an abortion as well as their providers.

Would you mind telling us the name of the book?

My work shares a building/parking lot with planned parenthood. I have been followed by protesters yelling at me to "save my baby" or "repent and turn to jesus" or my favorite who told me I should've kept my legs closed I was like "BUT I'M MARRIED JESUS SAID IT WAS OK" I donate to them through my amazon smile & give anyone that works there & comes in a big discount on their ice cream/smoothie/milkshake/frappe. all the pro life garbage lately makes me sick, and I live in a VERY liberal area. 

Edited to add: I personally could not go through with an abortion, I scheduled one when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, and could not bring myself to go through with it. HOWEVER, I support the FUCK out of planned parenthood & abortion rights in general. Just because I wouldn't do it doesn't mean anyone should be forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy. 

You guys, my bad. I got breast exams mixed up with mammograms. However, it was a bit confusing, because somebody responded to Cathy by saying she had just went with her friend to get a mammogram done at Planned Parenthood. I went to my local Planned Parenthood website, and saw a link for breast exams and mammograms, but maybe that was just how to get a referral for them. Anyways, it's all good here.

Jill, you are a disgusting and vile human being. 

I couldn't not comment. Those fundies are so ignorant. Only 3% of Planned Parenthood services are abortions. 

11 hours ago, twinmama said:

I would bet a large amount of money the holocaust to them means "lots of people died" and absolutely nothing more. No statistics, no idea WHO those people were, no idea when or where it happened, or what caused it. If it weren't for the abortion = holocaust propaganda, I bet they would never have heard the word holocaust at all.

Honestly this just makes me laugh as the march FOR PP and women's rights and reproductive freedom had MILLIONS of people around the world. Their sad little march will be like 50 people and no press coverage.

As a Jew, I get especially enraged about how they appropriate the Holocaust to talk about abortion. I bet that if they knew that the Holocaust's victims included gay people, Communists/labor activists, and Roma, they'd stop appropriating it so much.

Also, considering the fact that they don't seem to give half a shit about genocides going on right now -- the Yazidis, the people of Syria, and Rohingya Muslims (plus probably a few more...people are assholes, guys) -- they REALLY don't have any business talking about the Holocaust like they fucking care about people's lives.

Well, Jill and Derick's anti-Women March paid off---for Planned Parenthood. I finally got off my duff and made the donation I've been meaning to make for quite some time.

Thanks, Dillards, Duggars, Seewalds et al. for spurring me to action and showing me how good it feels to stand up for what I believe in! Bless your hearts!

22 minutes ago, Season of life... said:

Well, Jill and Derick's anti-Women March paid off---for Planned Parenthood. I finally got off my duff and made the donation I've been meaning to make for quite some time.

Thanks, Dillards, Duggars, Seewalds et al. for spurring me to action and showing me how good it feels to stand up for what I believe in! Bless your hearts!

me too! Set up my Amazon smile to donate to it!!

Back in the dark ages I went to PP for a pregnancy test. This was before peeing on stick from the dollar store was available. Where would the Duggars go to confirm a pregnancy if those little sticks had not been invented?

Do they even know what the march was about? It's not about legalizing abortion... because it's already legal. Has been since Roe v. Wade. 1973, guys. People just want this (already legal) thing to be affordable and accessible. Seriously, if you're going to criticize someone on instagram, at least criticize them for something they're actually doing.

Jill voice: BUTBUTBUT FJ, even if it doesn't do abortions, Planned Parenthood is EEEVIL! People shouldn't use birth control anyway! It kills babies! God doesn't give you more than you (or your daughter-slaves) can handle! And no one really needs STD testing, because you should only be having sex with your husband. And if women just stayed home and submitted to their husbands, there would be no such thing as sexual assault. If everyone was just a good Christian, EXACTLY LIKE ME, the world would be a muuuuch better place! /sarcasm

God forbid someone want to limit their family size, have affordable prenatal care, or even -gasp- have sex without the specific intent to procreate.

And @HarleyQuinn I am going to use butthutricane in a conversation as soon as humanly possible

I really wish they knew that birth control did so much more than just control birth. I (a virgin!) am on it because my cramps are so intense I would do nothing but lie in bed while in my period. Not to mention, my doctor thinks I might have endometriosis, and if I do, she says the first step to control it would be continuing with birth control. 

These people need to think about those whose lives' their "saving"!! It's not all about babies!!

I really hope the ratings are low enough to not have this show renewed. But then again, what would poor fundie lite kids have to watch when they probably are not allowed to watch anything else. Monday nights might be the only time radical Christian fundies decide it's ok to watch tv. Does the 700 club still come on? 

17 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

15 hours ago, freedom_for_all said:

Would you mind telling us the name of the book?

Seconded! I'd be very interested in reading that. 

I'll make a direct donation to this particular PP. in Jill's name. The day of the March.

is there a public address listed for duggar fan mail? I want her to get the notice.

Y'all, found a PO box on google. I hope it really is theirs. Most likely, it's tontitown.

I just put Jill dillard down with the duggar address as my Honoree so she hopefully gets the letter saying a donation has been made in her honor. 

The address of the Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar is P O Box 1000 Tontitown, AR 72770, Arkansas, United St

On 1/16/2017 at 8:20 PM, SilverBeach said:

Uh-oh. Northern Agression (sic)? And capitalized?

I'm black, and Twelve Years a Slave more accurately represents southern chattel slavery than the fantasy that is GWTW. 

The south committed many crimes against humanity while enslaving other human beings. Even the founding fathers were slaveowners.

Sorry, no sympathy here. What about the impact of hundreds of years of unpaid labor, rape, and degradation on my ancestors? 

Imma tiptoe out, inflammatory topic here.

I'm not black, but from the South, and I cringed when I read it.  

Sorry about that! It was on the other side of the room when I posted and I was too lazy to look haha. It is called "Living in the Crosshairs": The Untold Stories of Anti-Abortion Terrorism by David S. Cohen & Krysten Connon. It has some very intense personal stories from providers.

Also thank you guys, I'm going to alternate between my sorority's philanthropy as well as PP on amazon smiles.

Pro-life my ass. Pro-women my ass. 68,000 women die annually in the world because they don't have access to the services they need to end their pregnancy in a safe way. 

Jill Dillard (and Guinn, from the other thread): Suck my nonexistent dick. You don't give a damn about anything or anyone but fetuses. 

16 hours ago, 19Kittens said:

Just because I wouldn't do it doesn't mean anyone should be forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy. 

And that's what too many people don't understand -- that women want the right to choose what to do with their bodies, their pregnancies (intentional and non-intentional). They don't want someone else to decide for them, either way. It's awesome you were able to weigh your options and decide what was right for you personally.

I think a lot of the confusion may stem from the fact that most -- though not all -- pro-lifers assert there should only be one acceptable and legal option, so they assume that the other side is equally hardline about making decisions for the pregnant woman.

On 1/22/2017 at 4:30 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

Importantly, they do referrals for mammograms, which are crucial given that most insurance companies require it.

And if you don't have insurance, as happened in my case, you get a voucher for a free (in my case) or reduced fee mammogram. There was a sliding scale.

PP is frequently the ONLY healthcare for poor and/or uninsured women.

It is disgusting, cruel, and hateful, that these imbeciles want to defund that.

Re defunding Planned Parenthood : They will get away with it, too.   It shocks me how many people have zero empathy with those that have less privledge.   

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived