IGNORED

Jana's future part 2

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, CatchThatCow said:

...We may see her baking banana bread in the background. I do hope that she does have something going on in her life that she chooses not to show on camera, especially since Jinger is the Big Story. Perfect opportunity for her to court quietly, which I'm guessing would be her preference. Maybe while everyone is focused on Jinger, she can quietly sign up for some college classes if the courting thing is not happening. 

But won't she be too busy making Jinger's bridesmaids' dresses appropriately modest to bake banana bread, go to college, court or garden? Not to mention babysitting for her sisters so that the all important married couples Benessa & Jillard can have date nights to help them get going on adding the next arrow to their quivers.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe she is actually allowed to own something in her own name as an unmarried woman.

So she is in the promo video for 1 second tending to the garden so I guess they are still going with that storyline for her. At first glace I thought the heathen in the back with the nike top was Jinger but no definately not Jinger.

GD.png

Josiah and Marjorie fell in love on a December missions trip. Jinger and Jeremy fell in love on a missions trip. How come Jana wasn't allowed to go on that damn December missions trip? Those things are fundie matchmaking heaven.

She has been on many a mission trip. No takers on the courtin' from. I personally think and have thought for a long time that she has been designated her Parents future spinster  care giver and help to all the marrieds as needed. 

Jana is my favorite, and I have to wonder (along with many here) whether or not she's being really smart.  The longer she waits the less time she has to spend pregnant.  I get that she's stuck in TTH until then.  Maybe she's waiting for Josie to  hit her teen years and then we'll see Jana cut her hair, throw on some shorts and tap out.

One can still hope anyway. I feel for her.  

Like many of you I grew up fundie and grieve for what they all could be instead of what their parents then spouses have chosen for them to be.  It's hard to break out when you don't know you can, when you've been led your entire life to believe that your eternal should is damned if you don't follow the rules and submit to the headship. 

It's not impossible for me to believe, with Michael(a) Formerly Bates as a good friend, that Jana is holding out for THE ONE. It's been said by her and others that there have been guys, but she wasn't interested in them. Michael(a) fell instantly in love with Brandon and waited 5 flipping years for the dude to get his shit together. I don't think Jana is trying to have a smaller quiver, I think she wants love at first sight.

13 hours ago, ohSparkly1 said:

Jana is my favorite, and I have to wonder (along with many here) whether or not she's being really smart.  The longer she waits the less time she has to spend pregnant.  I get that she's stuck in TTH until then.  Maybe she's waiting for Josie to  hit her teen years and then we'll see Jana cut her hair, throw on some shorts and tap out.One can still hope anyway. I feel for her.  

Like many of you I grew up fundie and grieve for what they all could be instead of what their parents then spouses have chosen for them to be.  It's hard to break out when you don't know you can, when you've been led your entire life to believe that your eternal should is damned if you don't follow the rules and submit to the headship. 

I honestly think Jana's future is brighter than her immediate sisters' if they all stay in the cult. Don't get me wrong, she's been stifled and restricted by her parents and unless she severs ties she won't get to have a career or the chance to travel alone or even the ability to decide whether or not she wants to wear jeans. But I get the impression Jana has a fair bit of freedom in terms of how the TTH is run (isn't she the one with the Internet password?), and in ten years' time when Jill, Jessa and Jinger have 6 kids under 10 and Josie is 16, Jana will be quietly pursuing her own interests in a large house with a dwindling population. No, it's not the life she deserves, but she's the only one of the four oldest girls I can see finding long-term contentment in Fundyville (although, honestly, being less happy now so you can be contented in ten years' time is one of the saddest things I've ever heard).

20 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

It's not impossible for me to believe, with Michael(a) Formerly Bates as a good friend, that Jana is holding out for THE ONE. It's been said by her and others that there have been guys, but she wasn't interested in them. Michael(a) fell instantly in love with Brandon and waited 5 flipping years for the dude to get his shit together. I don't think Jana is trying to have a smaller quiver, I think she wants love at first sight.

Well her favorite book used to be (maybe still is? who knows) listed as "Stay in the Castle" which is literally a 24 page booklet about how if you marry the wrong guy he will be a drunken loser and god will hate you forever. And in the "book" (using the term loosely) you know the right guy on sight like he shows up and just boom you know that's the guy even from afar without speaking to him... so, yeah. I could see that she might be waiting for something like that.

She also told kids at an elementary school that Waiting for Prince Charming was her favorite book. At least, I think it was Jana.

1 hour ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Well her favorite book used to be (maybe still is? who knows) listed as "Stay in the Castle" which is literally a 24 page booklet about how if you marry the wrong guy he will be a drunken loser and god will hate you forever. And in the "book" (using the term loosely) you know the right guy on sight like he shows up and just boom you know that's the guy even from afar without speaking to him... so, yeah. I could see that she might be waiting for something like that.

23 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

She also told kids at an elementary school that Waiting for Prince Charming was her favorite book. At least, I think it was Jana.

Are there any links or episodes of her saying that?

24 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

That was Jill. It's sad because Jill was 17/18 at that time and named some fundie garbage as a favorite book. I hope the 3rd generation Duggar's read Harry Potter or at least the Narnia series.....

1 hour ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

That was Jill. It's sad because Jill was 17/18 at that time and named some fundie garbage as a favorite book. I hope the 3rd generation Duggar's read Harry Potter or at least the Narnia series.....

Ha! I (we) wish! Harry Potter? Them's Satan's books!

well, I only just watched that Produce video with Jason and Jana, and most of the ridiculousness of that has been discussed, so no need to rehash.  But,  I do have one comment and believe it or not, it is a positive one.  Jason actually came across as reasonably well spoken and intelligent for a duggar male offspring.  Of all the Duggar boys, with the exception perhaps of Josiah,  Jason's spiel during that stupid video was one of the best.  Josh was well spoken as a teen as well, until he became smuggar.  Maybe we  Jason fell into the orchestra pit, it rattled something loose in his brain that improved it from the typical stunted duggar.   If I remember correctly,  Jason was the one who produced the mildly amusing Duggar Studios videos.  The one about the missing pillow tag was actually kind of cute.  Maybe Jason, who is typically under the radar will be the one with enough smarts to bust out of the cult.  He seems to have a creative streak and he can speak in complete sentences.  Justin is another one to watch.  He seems to have a dry sense of humor ( a sign of intelligence), and he is just enough under the radar that he could get by with something. 

Too bad any potential Mr. Right for Jana has to be a fundie. Limited dating pool as most of the ones her age (that aren't creeps) have already married. And judging by things she's said on the show and her facial expression when Anna talks about Josh, IMO the Ashley Madison thing shook her to the core. There are a lot of guys out there that would be a good match for her but they don't want 20 children and they don't want to be ruled by JB. Yet she wants marriage and children because that's all she knows. Crap. I thought that Jeremy might shake things up with his life experience and education, and then I read that IBLP is moving to Texas! Where Jeremy lives and where Jinge is moving when they marry. That to me is worrisome. 

Big Sandy is still 530 miles from Laredo so in some parts of the country that would be a couple of states away. 

4 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Big Sandy is still 530 miles from Laredo so in some parts of the country that would be a couple of states away. 

Thank you, Coconut Flan. That makes me feel better. I just saw "Texas" and felt a bit ill. I've been reading about this organization and FTI and it's just horrifying. I've seen some of the "learning materials" and they are woefully inadequate and ridiculous at best. If there is any sort of silver lining from the Josh Duggar scandals, it has certainly raised awareness about what actually goes on. I certainly didn't know the whole story.

It is my wish that Jana never marries, or least she doesn't till she reaches her thirties. That means less babies. Who knows what the mental state JB and Michelle will be in by the time all the adult children are out of the house. She can have more freedom then and the elderly parents won't be able to do jack.

8 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Here it's like 3 countries away :tw_astonished:

I've checked and from my city in 530 miles i wouldmake it to portugal and be about an hour away from france. But it's also the distance between Viena and Sarajevo driving trough 5 different countries

I'm interested what the breakdown is here between the two camps,

A) Jana as poor unloved spinster

B.) Jana as relatively empowered and simply uninterested in marriage and pregnancy at her quite young age.

20 minutes ago, August said:

B.) Jana as relatively empowered and simply uninterested in marriage and pregnancy at her quite young age.

C.)   Only Jana knows for sure why she isn't married yet.

You can put me in that last camp, thanks.

1 hour ago, August said:

I think neither. I think she's simply waiting for Mr. Right to walk on in. 

11 hours ago, August said:

I agree with choice C) only Jana knows but I also tend to believe that it's likely neither A nor B. I don't think Jana is some spurned spinster no one wants, nor do I think she is relatively empowered. She could be waiting for the right guy, or for any number of reasons she could have been uninterested in the prospects that have come forward for her. But I would be highly surprised to learn she was a secret thought rebel who didn't *want* to be married and having kids, even if she hasn't wanted to do so with specific guys that she has met.

Although, dare to dream.

She has seen how marrying the first dude who comes knockin' the door leads to a happy marriage... Joshley and Bin, anyone? Maybe, and hopefully, she wants something else for herself, like true love and not just hey hey hey like J & B.

Why is everyone saying Ben and Jessa already have a shitty marriage? They haven't even been married for 2 years yet! I think it's common for newlyweds to fall out of the honeymoon stage quickly, especially if they start living together after the wedding. Jill and Derick look pretty happy so far in their marriage but they only post the good things and they weren't really in Counting On last season. Ben might be annoyed with how bossy Jessa is but that doesn't mean he hates being married to her. Comparing Ben to Josh isn't fair. I also don't think Jessa is trying to live vicariously through Jinger's relationship. Jessa seems happy about Jinger's courtship because they can go on double dates and have babies close together. Jessa has her best friend back. I don't really think she would be this overjoyed if Jana was marrying Jeremy. 

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived