IGNORED

Jana's future part 2

samurai_sarah

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

Weren't there rumours years ago about Jana texting a guy without asking her parents first and she got in trouble for it. Or have I made that one up in my head, it is 3am where I am :pb_confused:

Jana was the one saying that she was looking around wondering if people had masks on and were not who they appeared to be after the Josh scandals. So I find it hard to imagine she would be wearing a mask herself and leading her own double life.

12 minutes ago, religiouslyconfused said:

There were rumors of Jana going to a restaurant with friends. You never know what happens when the cameras are turned off. Sometimes it is possible to live a double life when nobody has the cameras on. Maybe she has people that can keep secrets and not let the media or the tabloids know.

I have heard of a bunch of silly stories like these. If she did go out to places like a restraunts or bars, someone, at least one person would of seen her and would have had said something online. I bet someone with that kind of news or proof would know they would get big bucks from major news sources. Also, I'm pretty sure with her being the oldest girl she still has some kind of accountability sibling. If she did go missing, the children and family would starve! And doesn't her parents control the texts and phones? From what everybody says about this website, all news of this nature is pretty much guaranteed to be a load of bull. 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Larry said:

Weren't there rumours years ago about Jana texting a guy without asking her parents first and she got in trouble for it. Or have I made that one up in my head, it is 3am where I am :pb_confused:

Jana was the one saying that she was looking around wondering if people had masks on and were not who they appeared to be after the Josh scandals. So I find it hard to imagine she would be wearing a mask herself and leading her own double life.

We at this site speculated that Jana may have been friends with a guy with maybe some flirtation without direct clearance from her family. I don't know of any extrinsic rumors that support that, we were basing it more on small things she and the other kids have said at times. I can't remember what thread it was...

That story is from January and was already beat to death when it came out. 

I think it's almost all pure fabrication.

25 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

We at this site speculated that Jana may have been friends with a guy with maybe some flirtation without direct clearance from her family. I don't know of any extrinsic rumors that support that, we were basing it more on small things she and the other kids have said at times. I can't remember what thread it was...

If you or anybody can think of the stuff she said or the other kids have said or he name of the tread, please do post! 

6 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

If you or anybody can think of the stuff she said or the other kids have said or he name of the tread, please do post! 

I went and found it for ya. It was page 16 ish of Jana Duggar:Courting or Hype? Someone's ISB was that Jana had done some kind of "inappropriate" talking to a boy. I contributed to the conversation with some things I had always noticed that might make sense with the theory. IIRC it was all us speculating and not outside rumors, but if there are oustide rumors I bet they would be mentioned in that thread.

2 hours ago, religiouslyconfused said:

I do know that CDAN had a blind that predicted that Josh Duggar had cheated on Anna several months before the AM scandal! 

That didn't need insider information.  Probably anyone who saw Josh could have guessed he was or would be unfaithful. ;)

As for the story about Jana leaving the TTH and having a divorced boyfriend she sneaks out to meet. . . That sounds totally made up.

Maybe she did leave the TTH for a few months after the 19kids show stopped filming, but if she did, it was probably to stay with another Fundie family, the way Tabitha is/was staying with the Duggars.  

And maybe she has a "biracial" guy interested in her.  

Or maybe she is "seeing" someone but has refused to announce a courtship because she and/or the guy prefer courting in private.

Any one of these is plausible.  The other stuff is pretty much unbelievable and shouldn't be repeated without proof.

12 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I went and found it for ya. It was page 16 ish of Jana Duggar:Courting or Hype? Someone's ISB was that Jana had done some kind of "inappropriate" talking to a boy. I contributed to the conversation with some things I had always noticed that might make sense with the theory. IIRC it was all us speculating and not outside rumors, but if there are oustide rumors I bet they would be mentioned in that thread.

Ahh yes now I remember that thread. I still don't understand to this day why the family said Jana had a 'pride issue' and that she had trouble with certain members of the family (I think). What does that even exactly mean? I take it she once thought of herself as more highly and more important than her siblings - like the spat between her and Jessa. Going back to the thread, I have always thought of Jana as genuinely quiet and reserved, cameras present or not (IMO), and it's difficult that she would 'pursue' or talk to someone on her own. Again, IMO, she seems like the type that would going running to daddy if someone approached her or tried to talk to her. Also, on that thread someone stated that in one episode, Jana mentioned how a possible friendship didn't work out. I wonder if that's true because wouldn't it be the talk of the internet when that episode aired?

I don't really understand why her family says she is prideful either, I think that's rather the point. It could be anything but it could certainly be (among many other things) to have been too "proud" or confident to wait on god and to have pursued a friendship (or a career, or literally anything) rather than wait on his timing.  

But also, reserved and quiet people do, in their own reserved and quiet way, manage to pursue relationships with people all the time in the real world, it isn't as though her quiet nature would preclude her from being interested in someone. Also though I think I emphasized in the thread that the more likely possibility is that she became friendly with someone who wasn't approved of or became friendly with them without running it past her parents first. The cult they live in sees any male-female interaction as potentially suspect so even if she didn't have romantic intentions (or had romantic intentions but was acting in a merely friendly way), it's possible she was just chatting with a guy somewhere or being friendly with someone and that was twisted into an act of rebellion by her family.  Again, that's all speculation. 

I've heard the same that she has stated she had a failed "getting to know you" stage, but am not firsthand familiar with that statement, so someone else would need to provide details there.

5 hours ago, religiouslyconfused said:

I do know that CDAN had a blind that predicted that Josh Duggar had cheated on Anna several months before the AM scandal! 

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2015/09/blind-items-revealed-4-253.html

Here it is, and clearly, it was not originally about Josh duggar. On January 2015, the duggars were at their best, with Jill and Jessa's wedding. And a limo, lol, a duggar on a limo.

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2015/09/blind-items-revealed-4-253.html

Here it is, and clearly, it was not originally about Josh duggar. On January 2015, the duggars were at their best, with Jill and Jessa's wedding. And a limo, lol, a duggar on a limo.

Even though it was a bit exaggerated, he was the executive director, so maybe FRC action can afford to give him such luxuries. It did not appear to be him originally, but a lot of blind items are like that. 

18 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

The boys made tater tot casserole & were kindof bad at it, as I remember.

I must be misremembering, huh.  :pb_lol:  It's probably because my brain cells were dying in self-defense!

Okay, so I spent this glorious 3-day weekend watching Alaskan Bush People. I've only seen the first two seasons so far but can you imagine a Duggar marrying into the Brown Family?!  The boys even make Jana's standards (Dirt under nails). They are all  handy and like Jana, live with their parents well into their adulthood. The Browns aren't aware of pop culture and watch decades old movies. Jana can work with her man in the Bush all day every day during the summer months and chill out during the cold winters. The Brown/Duggar wedding would be the best part!! Just imagine......when Tackiness meets Bush. Let's be honest pre-TLC Duggars were essentially Arkansas Bush People. Also, I want Billy Brown and Jimboob hash out who would have control over the Brown-Duggar couple. 

Pleeeeeaaaaase Discovery, make this a reality LOL :pb_lol:

Spoiler

Also, I'm aware the Browns might not be legitimate Bush People......but let me believe.

I want the CDAN BI about Jana to be true.  So much.  I also LOLed at the "reveal" he posted about Jessa.  

Obviously I don't know Jana but she seems like a sincerely nice, hard working young woman eager to learn new things and she deserves a chance to experience life on her own terms, married or not.  I don't understand how these parents basically hold these daughters captive in that house until they marry. And this may not be true, but if she did leave, then she is no longer allowed to see her siblings? I hate the thought of a still single 50-something Jana still in that house, caring for an elderly JB and Michelle, because that's the only option she has. Since she has said she wants to marry, I hope that the "dirt under the nails" guy is on his way soon and that he is not all that fundie but JB doesn't know it. Ha!

14 minutes ago, CatchThatCow said:

Obviously I don't know Jana but she seems like a sincerely nice, hard working young woman eager to learn new things and she deserves a chance to experience life on her own terms, married or not.  I don't understand how these parents basically hold these daughters captive in that house until they marry. And this may not be true, but if she did leave, then she is no longer allowed to see her siblings? I hate the thought of a still single 50-something Jana still in that house, caring for an elderly JB and Michelle, because that's the only option she has. Since she has said she wants to marry, I hope that the "dirt under the nails" guy is on his way soon and that he is not all that fundie but JB doesn't know it. Ha!

I don't think we can say exactly what Jana's situation would be if she left, because we haven't seen that happen so we can't be sure exactly how the Duggar Borg would react. But I do know that holding younger siblings hostage in return for compliance (not always explicitly or even consciously) is pretty common among fundies. The idea being you have to shield the kids from the influences of their siblings who have given into the temptations of Satan. So I think it is likely that she would be cut off from her siblings or at least experience extremely limited contact, and I am sure she knows that is a possibility, and that is probably a very difficult choice for her.

3 hours ago, CatchThatCow said:

I don't know if Jana even knows what she wants in a guy! If you grow up so sheltered and brainwashed it's almost impossible to form your own true opinion. I think she only said "dirt under the nails guy" because she has seen Ben and Derick and knows that she doesn't want  someone like that, so she just said what she thought was the opposite.

But  I think now that she has reached the age of 26 (and her brain is fully formed) she is able to really start to question her upbringing in a adult manner, not just as rebellion like a teenager would, and she may realize that she has to decide between her family beeing satisfied or her own happiness with someone who her family does not approve of. And I hope she finds a person who will be perfect for her, and that she finds the courage to live her life without her parent's approval! Some of her siblings will always stand by her, I know it!

21 hours ago, eveandadam said:

And I hope she finds a person who will be perfect for her, and that she finds the courage to live her life without her parent's approval! Some of her siblings will always stand by her, I know it!

To bolded: is there a reason you feel this way? I suppose statistically it is likely at least one of her siblings will want a relationship with her no matter what, especially given that she was so involved in raising them. But I'm just wondering why you feel so sure.

11 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

=sTo bolded: is there a reason you feel this way? I suppose statistically it is likely at least one of her siblings will want a relationship with her no matter what, especially given that she was so involved in raising them. But I'm just wondering why you feel so sure.

She is so close to some of her siblings (especially the ones she raised) that I am pretty sure they will not let her down if she goes for someone her parents don't like, even if it will take a few years for everybody to grow up (btw JB and Michelle never will, I think).(snip)

9 hours ago, eveandadam said:

She is so close to some of her siblings (especially the ones she raised) that I am pretty sure they will not let her down if she goes for someone her parents don't like, even if it will take a few years for everybody to grow up (btw JB and Michelle never will, I think). (snip)

I think that I would like to believe that Jana's siblings would support her because of her role in their life, but I can't be too hopeful about it. We have seen that fundies who leave are cut out of their families lives, I don't have any particular reason to believe the Duggars would be different. I would venture the most likely might be John David. Those two do appear to have a special bond, perhaps it would be tight enough for him to keep in touch if she ever did leave. I have a bit of a soft spot for the two of them, though, so that may be wishful thinking. The downside to the fact that she has a tight bond with the littles, though, is that they are young and impressionable. Jim Boob and Meechelle could easily re-train them against Jana if they put their minds to it. 

(snip)

You have to remember that most fundies see association with non-fundies (or even fundies of other flavors, sometimes, though the Duggars seem a little more chill with that if Ben is any evidence) as putting their immortal soul at risk by opening them up to temptation from false idols. Or at least that is how it was explained to me by a lovely, patient friend I took a bio lab with in college who came from a super fundie family. She was only allowed to attend the college at all because she was majoring in music, a nice, suitable field of study for a young lady in search of a husband. I was given to understand they did not know she was enrolled in biology classes.

9 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I think that I would like to believe that Jana's siblings would support her because of her role in their life, but I can't be too hopeful about it. We have seen that fundies who leave are cut out of their families lives, I don't have any particular reason to believe the Duggars would be different. I would venture the most likely might be John David. Those two do appear to have a special bond, perhaps it would be tight enough for him to keep in touch if she ever did leave. I have a bit of a soft spot for the two of them, though, so that may be wishful thinking. The downside to the fact that she has a tight bond with the littles, though, is that they are young and impressionable. Jim Boob and Meechelle could easily re-train them against Jana if they put their minds to it. 

(snip)

You have to remember that most fundies see association with non-fundies (or even fundies of other flavors, sometimes, though the Duggars seem a little more chill with that if Ben is any evidence) as putting their immortal soul at risk by opening them up to temptation from false idols. Or at least that is how it was explained to me by a lovely, patient friend I took a bio lab with in college who came from a super fundie family. She was only allowed to attend the college at all because she was majoring in music, a nice, suitable field of study for a young lady in search of a husband. I was given to understand they did not know she was enrolled in biology classes.

Wow, I had no idea it was that strict or constricting. And I agree: JD and Jana have that special twin bond; plus they both do not seem to be into that lifestyle as much as their parents. thanks for the detailed answer! :-)

Speaking of cutting off members of a fundie family.....

I seem to recall that when the Josh shit hit the fan, hat JB wanted him to be cut off from the family and M'lle said she could not do that. Probably the only time  ever spoke up.

9 hours ago, eveandadam said:

She is so close to some of her siblings (especially the ones she raised) that I am pretty sure they will not let her down if she goes for someone her parents don't like, even if it will take a few years for everybody to grow up (btw JB and Michelle never will, I think).(snip)

9 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

(snip)

To add to what OrchidBlossom is saying, a perfect example is the Jeub family.  They've had four daughters (the oldest children) all leave their family with varying degrees of hostility.  The ones that leave the lifestyle completely and make it known (there seems to be one that hides her feelings really well) have been cut off from contacting their siblings.  In fact, after one made a blog post about the abuse she suffered, her father had a number of her siblings make a podcast denying everything.

Jana is 27 in 6 months. I don't blame her for not getting hitched. Marriage means sex. Sex means babies. A lot of parentified kids especially girls don't want their own kids because they raised kids already. Then there's the relationship with her children I mean siblings. I wish there was a way out for her

9 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Speaking of cutting off members of a fundie family.....

I seem to recall that when the Josh shit hit the fan, hat JB wanted him to be cut off from the family and M'lle said she could not do that. Probably the only time  ever spoke up.

Did we know that for sure? I know there was some rumor, but was that any more reliable than the rumor that Anna was leaving Josh or was staying with her mother near Josh's rehab?

Cutting Josh off the family would have been very unwise. They need him invested in the family and they don't need him free to write a tell-all.  I doubt JB the controller of everything could have done that.

I imagine that if Josh had been unwilling to repent and toe the line, if he had said something like: "Yeah, I have had affairs, watched porn etc. And you know what, I am not going to quit. In fact, I want to divorce Anna and to live life my way," JB would have been forced to "cast him off."  But even then, I bet there would have been some financial settlement and a non-disclosure agreement.

Returning to Jana, I suspect that if she left to marry someone her parents didn't approve of, they would put a good face on it and treat her the way they treat Amy. (The kids at home can't visit Amy, but they can see her when she visits them or, with "accountability buddies", in public places.)  They would not publicly reject her, but they would probably be cold and disapproving.  I think Jana would find it very difficult to bear.   Anyway, how likely is she to have gotten to know any man who her parents disapprove of?  As for her leaving home to lead her own life without being married, I doubt that she would think of it.  Her best bet would be to get permission to go to fundie college for a year or two -- but the family needs her at home.

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

Did we know that for sure? I know there was some rumor, but was that any more reliable than the rumor that Anna was leaving Josh or was staying with her mother near Josh's rehab?

Returning to Jana, I suspect that if she left to marry someone her parents didn't approve of, they would put a good face on it and treat her the way they treat Amy. (The kids at home can't visit Amy, but they can see her when she visits them or, with "accountability buddies", in public places.)  They would not publicly reject her, but they would probably be cold and disapproving.  I think Jana would find it very difficult to bear.   Anyway, how likely is she to have gotten to know any man who her parents disapprove of?  As for her leaving home to lead her own life without being married, I doubt that she would think of it.  Her best bet would be to get permission to go to fundie college for a year or two -- but the family needs her at home.

To the bolded, I thought it was speculation based on the unidentified sources saying some of the family was not happy to have him back, combined with that one statement he made in the special. I don't think it was like founded. I could be wrong though.

Re: Jana (or anyone else trying to leave) I tend to agree it'd be more like a freezing out, but I think it would probably have the same effect. Eventually the kids wouldn't be so attached to her, she would feel the ice radiating off her family, she would probably stop coming around. Seems to be what Amy did.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived