IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin, Part 2

Destiny

Just now, snickers34 said:

Bowie, Prince, Trump, Glenn, and now this???? 2016, you can suck it!

Don't forget Leonard Cohen.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Oh one more thing, no one is ever going to leave the cult. Not while TLC still foots their bills. Not going to happen. Nope.

I completely agree. Honestly, I think it's likely that most will not even go fundy-lite. We keep thinking that every eye-roll, nice shoes or marriage is leading them on the road to wearing pants and becoming strong independent individuals. They aren't going to start using birth control. The more we want to believe that the more they show how they are digging their heels into the cult. I think this may just be what they want. They likely look at our lives and think we are crazy and wonder why we don't want to live like them. 

None of them have done anything to show they are becoming fundy-lite. Everything we point to as showing they are changing is likely more TLC driven than anything else. What have we seen or heard of them doing that shows they are becoming fundy-lite that does not involve TLC in anyway? I can't think of a thing. 

I literally have a headache. This actually hurts. That poor girl, she's going into a family with two kids. Now one could potentially say that in a mega family like the Duggars, if a child starts to move away from the cult, they might not really notice for a bit. Papa F seems like he has his finger on the pulse of his family. They will be watched. Goddddd. I swear to jesus...this is awful! 

2 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

And Alan Rickman. 

I'm not getting over that one anytime soon.

Ugh Joy is basically a fetus, she can't get married.

1 hour ago, Jennifer Hart said:

As soon as I saw the picture, I remembered the strictest parents episode. That family is very rigid. It's sad seeing Joy grow up to be a Stepford wife....

Wait, what? His family was on Strictest Parents? Do tell.

13 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Bada bing, bada boom, escape from the TTH solved! Only, it's probably out of the frying pan and into the fryer.

Speaking of frying pan - the Fort Rock Camp has "Skillet Tossin" but only for the women. :pb_rollseyes: 

https://www.fortrock.org/things-to-do/tomahawk-throwin-and-skillet-tossin/

It's good that Joy will be outside often in nature working at a camp, but that is where the good news ends. The family she is marrying into is crazy conservative! Joy seemed so... joyful. These people are going to make her feel ashamed of her spunky thoughts and attitude. Joy is going to be a shadow of her former self. Unless that guy stands up to his father for her.   

Skillet tossing? I'm going to vomit. What even is that? Do you do things like flip pancakes or do you throw a skillet at someone?

And how is tomahawk throwing a safe family activity? "here little Timmy, for your fifth birthday you get to throw this little sharp axe! Try not to kill anyone!"

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Skillet tossing? I'm going to vomit. What even is that? Do you do things like flip pancakes or do you throw a skillet at someone?

And how is tomahawk throwing a safe family activity? "here little Timmy, for your fifth birthday you get to throw this little sharp axe! Try not to kill anyone!"

Oh because it teaches men and women their places. I'd like them to give me an axe... ;)

I have no words for this.  I hatend that she chose someone more conservative than her own family.

I wonder if Jana has someone and just refuses to be filmed. That would make sense that Joy would start courting to get away from TTH

6 minutes ago, GreenTea said:

Speaking of frying pan - the Fort Rock Camp has "Skillet Tossin" but only for the women. :pb_rollseyes: 

https://www.fortrock.org/things-to-do/tomahawk-throwin-and-skillet-tossin/

It's good that Joy will be outside often in nature working at a camp, but that is where the good news ends. The family she is marrying into is crazy conservative! Joy seemed so... joyful. These people are going to make her feel ashamed of her spunky thoughts and attitude. Joy is going to be a shadow of her former self. Unless that guy stands up to his father for her.   

Hurts me to say but it was only time before they would knock that joyfulness out of Joy

38 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Oh one more thing, no one is ever going to leave the cult. Not while TLC still foots their bills. Not going to happen. Nope.

Yes, but the drunk brother on Alaskan Bush People wanted out, so there's hope?

i have an image in my head: joy and austin- in a car after the wedding. Speeding down the high way, top down. joy in pants.  death metal or punk or rap on the radio. annulment papers in hand, on their way to harvard.  huge grins on their faces and laughing and laughing and laughing.

i will keep this image until tlc shows or fj shows me otherwise

21 minutes ago, marmalade said:

The wife (Roxanne?) actually used the word "helpmeet."

Just started watching the World's Scariest Parents episode.  Way, way scarier than M and Boob.  Like there's a pent up anger in the father seething below a thin surface.  His wife looks so, so sad and resigned to her fate. It's just awful.  And being one of two kids homeschooled, you're never not under the intense scrutiny.  At least with 19 you can disappear in the crowd.  Poor Joy is probably looking at how happy Jessa and Jill seem and just assuming that's what happens when you get married. This family makes the Vuolos look like pure freedom and normalcy in comparison.  My only hope is that the two kids thing means that BC is accepted. That would be a huge plus for any girl escaping the TTH, although from what I can tell it would be barely enough to compensate.  I'm with those who are fantasizing about Austin & Joy plotting their escape and pretending to go along with all of this.  I'm going to live in that dream for as long as I can because anything else is too upsetting.

19, she's a baby! When I was 19, I was legal drinking age, I was getting drunk in bars and turning up to class the next day still drunk. I know not an option for her but I didn't make the best decisions and this one is going to stick for her. 

3 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

i have an image in my head: joy and austin- in a car after the wedding. Speeding down the high way, top down. joy in pants.  death metal or punk or rap on the radio. annulment papers in hand, on their way to harvard.  huge grins on their faces and laughing and laughing and laughing.

i will keep this image until tlc shows or fj shows me otherwise

Oh hun, we are in the same fantasy and I'm not letting go!

We need an intervention fast.  DONT DO IT JOY!!  #FreeJoyNow

Do you think this is why Joy joy is looking a bit thinner these days? Dieting for that impending wedding day (seems her sisters all did the same). I have always found Joy to look beautiful, but in recent photos I have noticed some weight loss.

According to Austin's instagram he is Fire fighter and EMT. If he is an actual paid Fire Fighter/ EMT that brings him a bit above the rest of the other husbands. 

3 minutes ago, justpassingby said:

According to Austin's instagram he is Fire fighter and EMT. If he is an actual paid Fire Fighter/ EMT that brings him a bit above the rest of the other husbands. 

for real firefighter and EMT or Gothard/Alert firefighter/EMT?

Ugh. I hope this boy is one of those guys that have turned out extra sweet and caring because of his harsh upbringing. 

I wonder if they will announce their engagement right as jessa has her baby because something always takes her spotlight 

From the Inquistor

Austin Forsyth seems to have aspirations beyond working for his family’s business. According to the Madison County Record, he recently ran for the South Township constable’s position in Madison County, Arkansas. Forsyth tried to convince voters that he was right for the job by pointing out that he had four years of experience as an EMT/firefighter with the St. Paul Volunteer Fire Department. However, he lost the race by 91 votes.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/3719335/joy-anna-duggar-courting-austin-forsyth-counting-on-season-3-airs-in-january/#CXsbJ05WHUsdVp64.99

4 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

for real firefighter and EMT or Gothard/Alert firefighter/EMT?

Volunteer.  it looks like , so just small town boys playing. 

2 siblings vs 18: yes, more scrutiny in the smaller house hold. BUT that could mean he resents it even more, because he ended up with less freedom.  Also, he may have had more outside exposure, harder to be as insular with such a small family.  and if he decides to leave the cult and cut ties fewer family members lost.  

With 18 siblings it's easier to create group think, convince kids to turn on each other and tattle, and if all your siblings seem to believe then why not you? plus, she'd be losing so much. and if she had a bit more freedom/laxness/borderline neglect she may resent the cult less.  She also grew up mostly with the benefit of the tlc life and "star" life. Austin didn't. 

who knows in the long run though.  i suspect most will stick with the cult to some degree forever.  but a lot of the kids won't exactly break away, just sort of.....relax away.  following all those rules and all the mental gymnastics must be exhausting. after decades of it i'm sure some of them will just let more an more of it go.  especially if they have a spouse that leans away from the cult.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived