IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin

eveandadam

10 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I got to do exercise in a lovely physiotherapy pool, which was amazing - it felt great, and little movements had big effects, cos of the pushing against the water, so standing in a swimming pool doing little movements was awesome.  I hope yours can improve xx

Yes, this is so true. I take water aerobics, which makes a world of difference. I started in a very slow class for people with physical challenges, but after about 18 months, I was able to graduate to a "regular" class, and now take an advanced level class. I do best in deep water classes, which allow my spine to decompress. I struggle to do physical therapy on land, but in the water, it feels so much better.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's Joy I'd like to go on record now that I'm no longer available to mod Duggarville ....ever....and if you people crash the server with the feeding frenzy this will cause I will turn the hose on you!  

I will also send emergency care packages of wine, cheese, and soup to @Destiny while I bombard her with sincere but useless emotional support.    She's heard enough "if this were a corporate network I would be a lot more help...is there anything I can do that wouldn't be more complicated to explain than doing it yourself?  No?  I love you!"  to last her a lifetime.  

(and kidding - the server kicks ass because of the genius at the helm over there...but behave anyway!)

Im voting Joy. And someone better come back and tell me because I don't have real Tee Vee so can't watch the episode.

If it's Jana or Joy, I SEVERELY feel for the other one - imagine how shitty life would be as the only unmarried adult daughter left at home, knowing you were stuck there at least until Hannie gets to 18, because there's no way Michelle will take over the day-to-day running of the house...  and while the Howlers and Lost Girls are becoming more self-sufficient, she'd still be expected to be devoted aunt-mother to the ever expanding broods of her siblings...

The only hope, I guess, is if the Duggars brought in another family's daughter, like Tabitha Paine, to Cinderella for them, so the remaining older SAHD could escape (obvs I hope for college/jobs/freedom, but in reality, marriage)

I guess I'm getting really jaded about the Duggars, because I just can't bring myself to care about this. The Duggars have nine kidults over the age of 18, of which four are already married - meaning that they have five young adult singles. With that many people potentially looking for spouses, odds are pretty good that at least one is going to find someone during any given time period, so it would seem weirder to me if at least one of them wasn't involved in some sort of romance.

I do hope it's one of the older ones, but I just don't feel really invested in the situation. If one of them announces that they're going to college, at that point I'll be interested. ;)

It's rather sad that my first thought on hearing a Duggar is courting is, oh fuck!

I hope it's either John David or Jana. 

And I really hope the server doesn't crash.

I can't get excited by another Duggar courtship, regardless if male or female, as its just another couple soon to be stuck in this fundy world where women have no value and men are a step below God. It's sad that the only excitement in Duggarville involves Marriage and the birth of a couple's first baby. After that, it is pretty much over. No one is going to graduate from college, trade school or anything other than the SOTDRT. No one will take a backpacking trip around Europe alone or move to a new city for a job that is not Gothard approved and supervised. No one will do anything that involves an individual achievement that is not Gothard approved. 

I worry that they are all being married off for ratings only and that is what their marriages are based on. We know that if Daddy says the guy is perfect for them, they automatically fall in love since he "knows" what they are looking for in a guy. It's funny that all the Duggar women married men who either knew them from the show (Ben & Derrick) or met on a "mission" trip (Jeremy who I think had an eye out for a Duggar woman for fame) but not through normal everyday fundy means. It's interesting none married normal ATI raised people as they were. I think Ben was Vision Forum. Each courtship and wedding is becoming more polished and TV friendly for ratings. We know Jinger would not have had that type of wedding and honeymoon (which is likely being filmed for TLC) were it not for the show. Where does the TV relationship end and the real relationship begin? I would like to see what their marriages are like once the show is over and they have to fend for themselves like other non-famous people. 

Don't worry. I'm not gonna let the server crash people!

(Seriously, it's fine. That's one of the reasons we did the second big downtime last year. Shinier, better servers for the win!)

I'm going to be sad if it's another daughter, but something tells me it will be Joy or Jana.

No wonder they're not showing Jinger's wedding prep, another courtship ahhhh young love. The speculation is that it's Joy and it very well could be but I think that if they truly wanted to get ratings, it would be CinderJana. 

Holy cow. I'm really hoping it's one of the boys. Jana and JD, while most logical due to their age,  strike me as the kind that would want as little of it shown on TLC as possible. But... $$$$$ talks. 

Jana may make sense with how much home repairs/decorating she's been shown doing this season and last...is she working on a home for her and the next Mr.  Duggar ;) ? All of the kids seem like there's a bit of evidence one way or the other so really it's anyone's guess. 

@HarleyQuinn you could be onto something! I haven't watched much of the season but he seemed like he was featured a little less (and not in the Vuolo wedding party!? Maybe he was too busy with his new lady) and Jed/Jer featured more with Jason thrown in. 

Please please please let it be John David or Jana. Please.

John because he's just so awkward, obviously - but also Jana because it must be TOUGH to be told that your entire purpose in life is to get married and have babies and to then watch your three younger sisters get married while you stay single living with your parents.

I'm just gonna say... DO NOT WATCH THE SHOW TONIGHT TO FIND OUT WHO IT IS!

Its sweeps, and tonight will likely determine if the show lives or dies the death it deserves.  I will recap and the "secret" will be posted here.

So a good deed for all of humanity today and watch ANYTHING else in the top 100!

Also - Its totally Joy.  There have been too many hints this season.

10 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Don't worry. I'm not gonna let the server crash people!

(Seriously, it's fine. That's one of the reasons we did the second big downtime last year. Shinier, better servers for the win!)

I do know that.  Sorry, I think I'm funny and I sometimes forget other people can read my posts, too. :)

I was just kidding.

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I do know that.  Sorry, I think I'm funny and I sometimes forget other people can read my posts, too. :)

I was just kidding.

No no, it wasn't that. I just saw someone else say they hoped it wouldn't crash and wanted to make clear that we aren't in any danger whatsoever of that happening.

You are HILARIOUS! <3

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I'm just gonna say... DO NOT WATCH THE SHOW TONIGHT TO FIND OUT WHO IT IS!

Its sweeps, and tonight will likely determine if the show lives or dies the death it deserves.  I will recap and the "secret" will be posted here.

So a good deed for all of humanity today and watch ANYTHING else in the top 100!

Also - Its totally Joy.  There have been too many hints this season.

I second this.  PLEASE DON'T WATCH!

Thanks @Buzzard for taking this hit for all of us.   And reading the snarky recaps is WAY more fun anyway.

Well, it's not outrageous that another Duggarling is courting. I mean, there's a shitload of them and this will continue to happen for years. And, yes, an obvious ratings ploy which will no doubt be successful. I don't care who it is, as long as it isn't Joy. Please don't be Joy. Anyway, I lied. I kind of do care because I hope it is Jana. Assuming Jana wants to get married this would be awful for her. Especially if it is Joy. I really hope it's not Joy, by the way. If it's one of the boys, well, then I couldn't be less interested. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived