IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin

eveandadam

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CharityBear said:

Maybe it'll be Josiah and Marjorie... again?

I wouldn't be surprised if they got back together, but do you think they'd do a big announcement for them again? I'd probably want to wait for an engagement if I were in their position.

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they got back together, but do you think they'd do a big announcement for them again? I'd probably want to wait for an engagement if I were in their position.

Do you think it's possible because of Josiah's courtship "failure" that whoever it is they are already near engagement?

I'm really embarrassed about how much I want to know which is next! And fuck you TLC for waiting until the show to announce. I want to know now so I can properly snark.

My guess is Joe. He's of typical Duggar courting age. He's also less awkward than JD and he is pretty cute. He's probably a catch in fundie circles. 

Just now, GnomeCat said:

I'm really embarrassed about how much I want to know which is next! And fuck you TLC for waiting until the show to announce. I want to know now so I can properly snark.

At least I'm not the only one, I'm sitting here refreshing and realizing how silly it is. If it's been under wraps for a while, we aren't going to find out in the next few hours. :kitty-shifty:

1 minute ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Do you think it's possible because of Josiah's courtship "failure" that whoever it is they are already near engagement?

Considering how quickly Jinger's relationship moved (or was made to appear so), I would guess that is very likely.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

LMAO this ratings ploy.

Please be Joseph with that rando we saw in the photo and not Joy. 

Where's the Joseph and rando photo? I want to see.

Sadly, I think it's Joy. It disgusts me how quickly JB is "selling" off his daughters.

I'm thinking it's more than one in a courtship. There have been signs of John David with his different appearance and actions plus Joy has been hinted at as well.  I would love for it to be Jana but they are saving her as their ace up the sleeve I think. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

At least I'm not the only one, I'm sitting here refreshing and realizing how silly it is. If it's been under wraps for a while, we aren't going to find out in the next few hours. :kitty-shifty:

Gahhh! I know, it's so irrational! I guess my evening will be spent refreshing free jinger. lol

42 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Buzzard is going to have to go on maternity leave pretty soon... 

Nope. You are in the US. No maternity leave. Sorry. :lol:

We people without US TV need you. (Haven't you learned from the Duggars and everyone else? Put that baby in a cage and the minute after it is born you have to put it on that damn blanket. So you have enough time to recap for us lovely people.) 

(I'm obviously joking.)

I don't know which idea I hate more - a Duggar girl married off to start her quiver ASAP, or an uneducated Duggar boy, who can't support a wife, getting married and bringing the poor girl into the family to start her quiver right now.  I guess the only one that doesn't fill me with THE HORROR is JD, as he seems pretty independent.  But Joe and Josiah don't seem to have any way to support themselves even, so marriage would make them even more dependent on JB.  At least Lawson Bates ran his own business - have we ever seen evidence Joe or Josiah can bring in the cash?  There's the flipping cars thing, but that's reliant on JB...

Oh shit. Again? 

How this family is still on TV? How people still allow their children to marry into this mess? How I still care? So many hows. 

7 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Where's the Joseph and rando photo? I want to see.

Sadly, I think it's Joy. It disgusts me how quickly JB is "selling" off his daughters.

499626145e9bd88c61eca203f357a721.jpg

It just feels like a factory line at this point. No variety in lifestyles, and things only change for the 'kids' once they get married (debatable how much but still). So I guess in that regard, I hope they pull a fast one tonight and all announce courtships. 

5 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I assume it's also because a daughter's wedding will likely be more interesting ratings-wise. After all, even if it's two people getting married, many people still view a wedding primarily as the bride's special day. When the bride is someone fans have been following for 10+ years, it's going to garner more attention than someone who's just been introduced recently. 

4 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I don't know which idea I hate more - a Duggar girl married off to start her quiver ASAP, or an uneducated Duggar boy, who can't support a wife, getting married and bringing the poor girl into the family to start her quiver right now.  I guess the only one that doesn't fill me with THE HORROR is JD, as he seems pretty independent.  But Joe and Josiah don't seem to have any way to support themselves even, so marriage would make them even more dependent on JB.  At least Lawson Bates ran his own business - have we ever seen evidence Joe or Josiah can bring in the cash?  There's the flipping cars thing, but that's reliant on JB...

Isn't it interesting that we think if it is one of the boys, they will automatically bring the girl into the Duggar circus instead of him going to her family. The married girls brought their husbands into the circus, it would follow that the boys would go into the wife's family. Know what I mean?

This is batshit crazy. They just get one married and now they're like "oooh another one! Come watch us!" I don't know why I even care. I hope it's not Joy. 

Just now, Chickenbutt said:

Isn't it interesting that we think if it is one of the boys, they will automatically bring the girl into the Duggar circus instead of him going to her family. The married girls brought their husbands into the circus, it would follow that the boys would go into the wife's family. Know what I mean?

SO interesting!  But I guess I'm looking at Josh's example, and the fundies like the S'Mortons, who are all about "leave'n'cleave" for girls.  But realistically, I can't see how Joe and 'Siah could afford to set up their own establishments, away from the family compound.

(I feel like the husbands willingly embraced the circus - technically Derick and Jeremy have taken the daughters away, but they're enmeshed because of the sweet cash, and the fame, IMO.  Derick and Ben chose to marry in, wanting to be part of the reality tv family thing - Jeremy, we'll have to see, but evidence points to him loving it too)

It sounds like the Duggar fire sale is starting in earnest. I was expecting to hear about screen crawls during each show this season "Lost our show, all kiddaults must go." I can see Joseph or Joy and a Bates, since both are close to that family, but probably not, as there would be two shows to work with.

19 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

I'm thinking it's more than one in a courtship. There have been signs of John David with his different appearance and actions plus Joy has been hinted at as well.  I would love for it to be Jana but they are saving her as their ace up the sleeve I think. 

I also think more than one kidults is courting. I've been saying it since last year! Last spring JB&M were everywhere, going on and on about the family expanding. I think this is why TLC had such a hard time cancelling "19 Kids" and why they bought the duggars back so soon.

8 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

This is batshit crazy. They just get one married and now they're like "oooh another one! Come watch us!" I don't know why I even care. I hope it's not Joy. 

This seems to happen all the time in fundieland. The (11)Smiths have had like 10 weddings in the last three years:pb_lol:. Some families marry off kids back to back :shrug:

eta: Derick didn't meet Jill because of the tv show. His church attended a Duggar Christmas party? I think their courtship story can be found somewhere.

mayibe a double courtiship? Jd and Jana? But then who Will take care of the House and the kids, joy? Pour girl

37 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

So who thinks tonight's courtship announcement will be Joy? Based on the youtube comment and stuff it does seem likely.

eh, i don't think a youtube comment alone is enough for us to think it's her... but it's the most evidence we have so far. plus, it does seem like once each of the girls start courting they wear a heart necklace.

with that said though, it could be joy. i've noticed she's sort of whipped into shape and started doing her hair and makeup more these days... just like her sisters seemed to do.

25 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I'm hoping it isn't Marjorie & Josiah--I don't why see  why she would have started at John Brown U this semester--even moving into a dorm--if she was close to getting engaged.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived