IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin

eveandadam

I'm not sure how to phrase this so it makes sense......if the husbands came into the picture for fame and TLC money, could the same be said for any women that court/marry one of the Duggar males? Or even worse, could a Duggar male foster a courtship, not for love, but for furtherance of the brand/show?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that too. I feel like the last few years they have really being trying to rid her of any tomboyishness. Kind of sad, I think.

51 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Since On Demand is technically a DVR feature, wouldn't it? I always assumed it did. 

On Demand is not necessarily a DVR feature.  It's part of my cable service.   You might need a DVR to get On Demand with Direct TV, but not with Charter cable.

Would the Bates let their children court a Duggar? They come off add frienemies to me. At least, the parents do. Carlin and Joe would be cute.  

I don't take the heart thing too seriously because Jana's worn a bigger heart pendant for years now - maybe even before Jessa/Jill got married. 

The comment about Joy though, seemed to be somewhat credible/from someone potentially in the know. Not sure why she needed to post that but I guess some folks can't not spill the beans (*cough J Rod cough*).  

19 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

It sounds like the Duggar fire sale is starting in earnest. I was expecting to hear about screen crawls during each show this season "Lost our show, all kiddaults must go." I can see Joseph or Joy and a Bates, since both are close to that family, but probably not, as there would be two shows to work with.

I don'y know why, but I thought this said "the Duggar FINAL sale is starting" :lol: Both are probably true. Maybe it's a Going Out of Business sale!

I can't believe this is the highlight of my night, how sad is my life lol.  I'm expecting it to be Joy but I'd rather it be Jana or John David

A heart necklace on it's own doesn't raise any suspicion to me. But I do find the heart with Texas strange unless she borrowed the necklace from Jinger, which is highly possible.

I actually feel really bad for Jinger - the one time she got to be centre of attention, Queen For A Day, and her wedding day special is upstaged by one of her siblings Courting announcement, because TLC want the viewing figures.

Sucks to be her - but I'd love to think it shows her, and the other kids, that TLC don't give a damn about them as people, just how they can sell them.  (Also, the implication is that Jinger's wedding, in itself, is not a big draw - and I guess Wedding #4 is less interesting than #1 or #2, but it's a crappy message to send about Jinger)

(Although I am laughing, thinking how many FJers were on tenterhooks for some terrible Jill Rod moment, and now could be distracted.  But TLC, note I said could - us Rod-watchers are tenacious!)

Just now, Lurky said:

I actually feel really bad for Jinger - the one time she got to be centre of attention, Queen For A Day, and her wedding day special is upstaged by one of her siblings Courting announcement, because TLC want the viewing figures.

Sucks to be her - but I'd love to think it shows her, and the other kids, that TLC don't give a damn about them as people, just how they can sell them.  (Also, the implication is that Jinger's wedding, in itself, is not a big draw - and I guess Wedding #4 is int less interesting than #1 or #2, but it's a crappy message to send about Jinger)

(Although I am laughing, thinking how many FJers were on tenterhooks for some terrible Jill Rod moment, and now could be distracted.  But TLC, note I said could - us Rod-watchers are tenacious!)

With a family that large someones wedding/engagement/birthday/birth/pregnancy announcement will always be upstaged by someone else's wedding/engagement/birthday/birth/pregnancy announcement

Welp...I think it's now become obvious why TLC isn't going to dedicate an entire season to Jinger's Wedding (Not that I'm complaining. I'm thrilled they are keeping it to a one episode special).

8 minutes ago, ElegantMajesticPearls said:

With a family that large someones wedding/engagement/birthday/birth/pregnancy announcement will always be upstaged by someone else's wedding/engagement/birthday/birth/pregnancy announcement

I disagree - TLC could have put this earlier in the season - it's a cheap move, shoving it in with the wedding show, for the sweeps.

ETA I mean the series was so dull, they were showing recaps of things they'd shown a few weeks earlier - it's 100% a cynical choice to combine the wedding + courtship into the finale

But Jinger's didn't have the heart cut out, did it? I suspect she was introduced to someone while in TX and it seems to be all the rage right now to have state necklaces...

8 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Welp...I think it's now become obvious why TLC isn't going to dedicate an entire season to Jinger's Wedding (Not that I'm complaining. I'm thrilled they are keeping it to a one episode special).

I wonder if they didn't show any wedding prep because whoever is courting the next kidult is in the footage and they were planning this for sweeps all along. 

44 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm hoping it isn't Marjorie & Josiah--I don't why see  why she would have started at John Brown U this semester--even moving into a dorm--if she was close to getting engaged.

Unless she realized dorm life sucks and would rather live with a husband. 

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Unless she realized dorm life sucks and would rather live with a husband. 

That's why I got married.  Wish I was kidding.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

499626145e9bd88c61eca203f357a721.jpg

Somebody (@AnnaRuk09?) named this girl as a Caldwell, which was enough to get me poking around. Her name is Kendra and her parents are younger than 40 and got married in January 1998. She is the oldest, which means she's probably barely 18, if she's 18 at all.

I believe they live in Lowell, AR, which is just north of Springdale.

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That's why I got married.  Wish I was kidding.

A lot of people probably do

14 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I wonder if they didn't show any wedding prep because whoever is courting the next kidult is in the footage and they were planning this for sweeps all along. 

Or, the rest of the season will be devoted to "getting to know you" and the season finale will be a dramatic "Will they move into a courtship???"

(Spoiler: yes, yes they will, because DUGGAR BABEEEEZZZZ!!!)

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived