IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

48 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I really want to imagine that Jinger said "I'm going to unrighteously fulfill some thoughts and tell the media everything I know if you don't pay up to make this wedding how I want it, Dad. Especially because you're letting Josh come." Only time I'd excuse Bridezilla-tude.

I really do wonder if any of the Duggar girls use the fact that they have the power and reach to spill everything to the media to get what they want. I'm enough of a cutthroat bitch that I totally would.

I wish you were right, but they all look so brainwashed into having "servant's hearts" and submitting to their father, that I doubt they would even think of it.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can't snark on any of their wedding day choices, all look beautiful. michelle, too! it looks like jinger and jeremy had a beautiful day. seriously, this looks like the classiest thing the duggar's have ever been a part of. this wedding knocks the socks off ANY of the fundie weddings we've seen.

speaking of sierra, has she posted any pics of her family dressed for the wedding, or any "we love you, jinger" messages?

1 hour ago, caszandra said:

Maybe Mrs V dragged Mechelle to the shop's to make sure she looked decent for the wedding. Just found Mrs V's dress on the Dillard website.2016-11-11.png

I just wore this dress to my daughter's wedding!  I got lots of compliments and it was REALLY comfortable! 

1 hour ago, caszandra said:

Maybe Mrs V dragged Mechelle to the shop's to make sure she looked decent for the wedding. Just found Mrs V's dress on the Dillard website.
*snipped the pic*

That could have easily been the case!

My SIL got married last September, and my MIL has a hard time dressing herself.  She gets frustrated and ends up digging for oversized thsirts and shorts (we've all been there, no snark intended!).  Anyways, I don't know how the exact conversation went (well I guess, considering MIL didn't seem to mind at all), but her daughter politely suggested that her wedding would call for a certain amount of "dress up", more than MIL was used, too, and asked if she would shop with someone who could help her pick out some clothes (MIL is in MN, SIL in NC).

She went with her cousin to Macy's, and found an amazing dress, and showed off her great figure (seriously, I can only hope to look that good at her age - the lady's had seven pregnancies, and five births, and she's still got it!)

Sidenote: I just always assumed she was comfortable, so I never suggested a shopping spree/makeover, but once I knew she wanted to, and just needed some help I took her out to Target for her birthday, and we bought a mini wardrobe that showed off her figure in all the right places ;)

I am subscribed to "The Skimm", which skims the news everyday and brings you the biggest things in one email. Yesterday the quote of the day was:

"Highbrow nudity"- The description for an upcoming art show in Sydney, Australia. Dancers will perform naked. Audience members will watch naked. Taking it to a whole nude level.

What do you think the over/under is that JinJer will participate in their Aussie adventures? :laughing-rofl:

Wow!  Michelle looks nice for once.  I'd style her hair differently, but......

As for the naked wedding cake.  I can go either way.  Maybe it's a hormonal thing, because sometimes I want all the frosting and sometimes I just want all the cake.  I like their rustic look.  

Who was it that had the profiteroles?  I'm too lazy to go back and look, but GIRL!  ....I'm having a Homer Simpson donut moment.  I need a bib.

Everything we've seen so far screamed styled wedding shoot to me....The trendy cake with custom painted cake topper, the shoes, the freaking perfect flowers, etc. I have a friend who is an event planner that does A LOT of weddings. She pulls together at least 4 styled shoots a year were she and other wedding vendors donate (hellooo free) their time and effort to a one day shoot and the photos get used in everyone's portfolios. Those Pinterest perfect weddings are actually styled shoots. It would not surprise me if the list of vendors comes out and then you see the vendor's contribution on the vendor's website/portfolio. 

12 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Per the discussion about the bridesmaids colors being so poorly matched, I attempted to ombre the whole batch...and failed. Given how much they were leaning in on each other I just took snippets of their skirts to see if I could make the colors blend, but I just can't even begin to find a way to make them transition at all smoothly. The two red dresses are ALMOST the same color, but not quite. And then there's such a range of warm tones, cool tones, and then Hannie, Jill, and Jana. They're all generally fairly pretty individually, and they make for an interesting group shot, but tone and hue wise they're ALL over the map. 

Ombre Attempt.JPG

I like the left side of this up until the red. Very fall. But the right side...what are those colors doing here?! 

Seeing Michelle in that purple dress made me realize how much she looks like my oldest SIL. They have similar colors and she used to have a similar hair style to Michelle up until about 10 years ago. I had to look it up and they are also the same age (one year apart). I think my SIL could very well choose a dress like Michelle's in the wedding so it feels like both a good fit for her and an age appropriate nice dress suitable for a mother of the bride. 

Thinking about the similarities made me think about the number of grand kids Michelle and JB will have. Even a low 2 grand kids per kid will mean 38 grand kids and an average of 3 will be 57 grand kids. I would think that even if some of them don't marry, an average of 4 or five is more likely because some of them will probably have bigger families and that would mean between 76 and 95 grand kids. If all my SIL's and brother's kids would have 5 children they would still only have 15 grand kids. A more likely number would be 6-8 since they already have 2 and one on the way and I am pretty sure all three of their kids want to have at least one child and I think their oldest daughter could be the type to go for 3-4. The other two I would be surprised if they chose to have more than 2.

Mrs. Vuolo's dress is gorgeous. I don't like MeeChelle's and to me she will never look good until she styles her hair another way. And the look on her face ruins it for me also. Guess I'm not judgmental much, eh?

5 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

So from IG it looks like Krista was the assistant wedding coordinator. (she also says that they did indeed need a last minute big coffee order!)

After snooping around a little bit I found this 

But the most fascinating thing is this in the comments. I don't think this is the real Jinger, it looks really fake and Jessa doesn't follow it. But wouldn't Wendy know? And if it is fake, it's really weird to comment on Wendy's profile like that...

Skjermbilde 2016-11-11 kl. 11.49.44.png

I don't think it's the real Jinger, Jessa would've plugged it immediately like she did with Josiah. Also, I looked on that profile and it's all the same pictures from online, and on a photo of her and Jeremy they use a Blake Shelton song lyric. Even if they are country fans I doubt she'd actually use a heathens lyrics like Blake Shelton. 

1 minute ago, holynotfundie said:

I don't think it's the real Jinger, Jessa would've plugged it immediately like she did with Josiah. Also, I looked on that profile and it's all the same pictures from online, and on a photo of her and Jeremy they use a Blake Shelton song lyric. Even if they are country fans I doubt she'd actually use a heathens lyrics like Blake Shelton. 

I just choked, as if Jinger would listen to Blake Shelton! He is um not exactly PG. 

21 hours ago, yeahtotally said:

Did you know she was a professional musician and is now the founder and executive director of a  non profit? http://www.swan4kids.org/about/ The non profit is an organization that provides children with incarcerated parents the opportunity to study music.  They provide musical instruments and lessons. At one point, Jeremy's mother was putting in 60-70 hrs a week before they got enough funds to hire an office assistant to help with the day to day work of the organization. 

Ah! I really like this new information about Jeremy's mother being a professional musician. I wonder what she thinks about all the 'professional music making' in the Duggar household! Seriously, this cracks me up. As a former professional musician myself (not that old but chronically ill and on disability) I'm always annoyed by their lack of respect for the hard work a true professional musician has to do to get to theactual point of being a professional musician.
Please Mrs. Vuolo, give them a reality check! :Bang::pb_lol:

You can kind of see the order in which the girls lined up in the sneak peek video. It looks like Jessa - Jana - Jill - Joy - Anna - Hannie - Jennifer Hartono - Rebekah Kelley...can't see past that.

maids.png

Anyone else think that Jeremy's mom never seemed thrilled when she was on the show. Either she didn't like the entire situation or didn't like being on the show. I think it's great that Jeremy's mom has her own thing but I doubt it will change anything about Jinger. Derrick came from a completely non-fundy household (I don't considered regular conservative Christians fundies) and yet Jill is still drinking the Koolaid. I see the same for Jinger and she married someone who is just a different flavor of fundy. 

1 minute ago, socalrules said:

Anyone else think that Jeremy's mom never seemed thrilled when she was on the show. Either she didn't like the entire situation or didn't like being on the show. I think it's great that Jeremy's mom has her own thing but I doubt it will change anything about Jinger. Derrick came from a completely non-fundy household (I don't considered regular conservative Christians fundies) and yet Jill is still drinking the Koolaid. I see the same for Jinger and she married someone who is just a different flavor of fundy. 

She seemed smitten with Spurgeon! (I would be too)

7 minutes ago, socalrules said:

From the little I've interacted with Chuck, I don't think anyone in the family is super enthusiastic about the dog and pony show, but they're supportive of Jeremy, and will do what they can to support him and his wife. I do think they genuinely like Jinger though, perhaps in spite of her family. 

The only reason I think they may be able to pull off a less-fundy life is because they aren't beholden to her father for their livelihood and home like Jessa and Jill. I also get the sense that Jeremy has more of a backbone.  I don't think JB will be calling the shots.  It's really going to come down to what Jeremy believes and how he and Jinger choose to live their life. The age, experience, and distance may have a big impact.  I doubt they'll ever be anything less than very conservative christian though. 

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

The Black woman I'm not sure. I know there's one Black woman who seems to be a Duggar/Bates hanger-on (she has a kind of oblong-shaped face and her hair is usually flat-ironed if that helps -- you can see her in tons of pictures), but she's not the one in Jinger's wedding party.

My guess? The Hartonos seem to be very well-off by American and Indonesian standards, plus the whole Model Minority thing probably makes them basically white to the Duggars, so I can see them going Gothard. Any Black Gothardites I assume are either very well-off, adoptees with no real choice in the matter, in an interracial marriage (or the product of one) with a white Gothardite, or just plain missing the self-preservation and irony chips that usually come standard in humans.

(bolding mine)

That's the case with this girl. I don't know that her family are Gothardites, though (after all, Gothard disapproves of adoption), just a conservative, homeschooling family. She's one of 13 kids, I think.

20 hours ago, halcionne said:

I would like to hear more about this. I looked up the San Antonio church that Jeremy's church sprang from, and it's a storefront church as well. With something like four or six pastors and a boatload of deacons, which doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe the address on the website isn't current?

Pregnancy center that lies to women. 

20 hours ago, Casserole said:

you know when you go to dress stores to try on bridesmaid dresses and they usually have a style of dress in each color it comes in, with each dress being a different size? That's what the bridal party looks like... like they saved money by buying the floor samples in whatever color fit them. 

If only that dress lady hadn't claimed they were custom... (which they aren't, clearly shown by the yelp reviews claiming that lady is a fraud.) If that isn't how they selected those colors, I need Jinger to explain her "vision" for that color "scheme."

5 hours ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

Everything we've seen so far screamed styled wedding shoot to me....The trendy cake with custom painted cake topper, the shoes, the freaking perfect flowers, etc. I have a friend who is an event planner that does A LOT of weddings. She pulls together at least 4 styled shoots a year were she and other wedding vendors donate (hellooo free) their time and effort to a one day shoot and the photos get used in everyone's portfolios. Those Pinterest perfect weddings are actually styled shoots. It would not surprise me if the list of vendors comes out and then you see the vendor's contribution on the vendor's website/portfolio. 

Well, now I'm wondering if the dress lady agreed to supply the bridesmaids' dresses for free with the stipulation that all/most of her colors be used (for marketing purposes - living mannequins!). It would explain why some of the colors are jarringly out of place against the rest.

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Okay, this is BEC, but seriously. This pink lipstick does not look good, especially with Jill's dress.

tumblr_ogg9tmFlpq1uipssa_r1_og_1280.png

I hope it's the lighting and looks better in person.  I don't like the color on either of them.  Too bright. 

I am not a huge frosting fan so I'd be okay with a "naked" cake. But I actually think even their naked cake has too much frosting for me. 

I don't really mind the bridesmaids dresses but I do agree that a couple of the colors seem a bit out of place.

Jinger's dress looks nice but that train is too much for my liking.

Michelle's dress is her best yet. It looks like her dress is actually meant to be modest and not modified (poorly) to look that way. I'm glad she didn't wear that blouse from the video. But I do want to know when that was filmed.

The "next day" video...Jeremy looks kind of bored/tired. Jinger seems genuinely happy though, I think.

5 minutes ago, sparklymagie said:

Well, now I'm wondering if the dress lady agreed to supply the bridesmaids' dresses for free with the stipulation that all/most of her colors be used (for marketing purposes - living mannequins!). It would explain why some of the colors are jarringly out of place against the rest.

That does make sense. It would be fabulous advertising if not only did they wear your dress, but in 10 different colors. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived