IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

Their title for this post just goes to show what a famechaser Jill is. The fact that Jinger's surname is the only one on the title just shows it. If Jinger is taking Jeremy's name like a good fundie girl would, you would think they would at least say "Jeremy Vuolo and Jinger (Duggar)"...
image.png

She's almost as bad as Creepy Cooper Bauers mom, Marci.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Okay, that photo of Carlin and Joy looks really strange, like someone tried to edit it or something? 

I agree. They're coincidentally placed where the bricks and concrete join. It looks really odd to me.  Plus the concrete at Joy's waist is angled upward.  Im not judging though because IG filters help me out regularly!

21 hours ago, Georgiana said:

At least where I live, a LOT of weddings do the same thing: small cake for ceremony and cupcakes/another dessert for the guests.  

Saves on the cost of a wedding cake (which can be ridiculous), allows the bride/groom to express their personality better, and saves the time/hassle of cutting a cake for hundreds of people.  

I'm a big stickler on hospitality towards guests, but so long as you serve your guests SOMETHING, I don't think there is any necessity that you serve them specifically wedding cake.  

I regret not doing cupcakes for my wedding. The cake price wasn't bad but the "cake cutting" was frustrating! We ended up feeding each other fingers of frosting LOL. And then we didn't have enough so he and I went without eating any. Cupcakes can be adorable and a better choice for germ phobics. I've attended weddings where they arrange cupcakes in a tiered cake shape and have a small cake for the bride and groom to cut and then eat a year later? is that the tradition?

6 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

She's almost as bad as Creepy Cooper Bauers mom, Marci.

I saw this Marci person on Pickles' page but I haven't heard of her. What's her story exactly?

20 hours ago, Casserole said:

Also HATE whipped cream... like more than I hate frosting. The texture makes me gag. While we're at it I hate peanut butter. and mustard. I have a weird condiment/texture/sensory issue lol 

I can only do peanut butter on toast, I don't like peanut butter cups/eggs ect. And I only do a teeny bit of mustard on hotdogs WITH ketchup to balance it out. I agree it has an odd texture and a sharp bite to it. Just curious do you find store bought vs homemade frosting different? I cannot stand supermarket frosting (other than Giant's YUM). Walmart's tastes like Crisco?  My brother who hates frosting also will not chew gum or drink any type of soda because of the texture. Come to think of it he doesn't do whipped cream either or mustard. But he will eat pudding and lives on peanut butter.

20 hours ago, amandaaries said:

@elliha It's true that breaking away need not be divorce or acting.  However,  though I lack facts and data, what I have seen from grown adults who had extremely circumscribed limits as children is that when they do act out, it tends to be in a big way.  I think those who leave the FLDS or Amish communities often illustrate this, or even those who leave extremely controlling households.  They haven't set any limits for themselves, ever; they just had seemingly arbitrary boundaries presenting them with black and white views of the world.  When they abandon those rules, they often abandon them all.  For awhile, at least...then the pendulum swings back, and usually some kind of stability is achieved.  

As it is, I think Bin is at least sniffing out the boundaries.  He's meeting new people and experiencing new things -- but Jessa doesn't seem as into it.  The scene of the studio, where people are moving to the music, and Jessa sitting as straight and statue-like as possible.  It seems harder for her to change.  Simultaneously, they are tied to JB financially.

It's possible that any of them could decide to break away and change, but I don't find it probable...at least not for the elder kidults.  For example, I think Jill will always be tightly tied to the ideology of her parents. I'd love to see them all start to lead independent lives, but I wouldn't bet any money on it.

I think also that for as long as they can live comfortably without changing their beliefs, they will do so.  Change can be hard, and they aren't the type to challenge themselves.  I think their early indoctrination and training has left them with what appears to be a very limited choice of actions for them as adults, and many of them seem okay with these stunted possibilities.  

I noticed too how she looked, she almost seemed pissed off. 

19 hours ago, evolutionbaby said:

Just seeing the People photos for the first time now, and here are my thoughts...

I think the "theme" for the wedding was literally "random" or "mismatched"...given the different patterns/colours used in the groom's and men's suits and the different colours of the bridesmaid dresses. I actually really like the dresses and love that they don't match. Let's just all be thankful that the Fall colours theme seemed to be "berry" rather than "falling leaves"...could you imagine a range of orange, puke green, and mustard yellow dresses! :my_sick:

And I totally think that this was all determined by their wedding planner(s) and JinJer just went along with their suggestions. The clothing choices and decorations all seem a lot more creative and professional than the standard matchy-matchy bridesmaid dresses with the men's ties that match, and a cake that also incorporates the "wedding colours".

A lot of it was probably free or deeply discounted and arranged by TLC, not really necessary for TLC to pay actual money as they can probably offer a lot of exposure to these companies and bolster their sales without actually having to pay out. Just think...their work was seen in People magazine, and there was probably a professional photographer to provide portfolio photos afterward. What dressmaker, cakemaker, florist, etc would not say yes to that?

I think TLC used the wedding to milk more money out of them and gave Sierra Jo the boot. This one HAD to be x1000 better than the other yard sale ho hum of the other 3 weddings. Ugh. T shirt wedding dresses, parking lots, bare feet, Walmart Girls' Section bridesmaids dresses. Jill's B/M dresses look like something I would have worn on Easter sunday to church when I was 8. Jessa's were more age appropriate but Sunday school at best, and Jingers looked like MOB dresses more than bridesmaids.

I saw this Marci person on Pickles' page but I haven't heard of her. What's her story exactly?

I think we first found her a couple of years back when the Duggars (JB & Michelle and I think Jinger or was it Joy?!) visited San Francisco, and there were a couple of rumours of a courtship. Marci has/had a public Facebook and posts photos of EVERYTHING Duggar. She comes across as a Fundie Stage Mom.

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Michelle looked very nice. I thought she also looked good at Jessa's wedding.

I'm not fond of any of the other dresses, not even Jingers.

These girls are average to petite sized- the wedding dresses (other than Jill's) are just not fitted enough, too big and bulky (and for Jinger's, too bright). I liked Jill's dress before the modesty alterations, but on the day of the wedding it was ill fitting and the mid section was not flattering at all. I am not a fan of ball gowns. I like sleek and simple.

But it looks like it was a beautiful day. Hope they are happy.

Jill's did look boxy..but that's for modesty. Jessa's looked like a Junior Prom dress...I fell like Jingers got CLOSE to normal but it seemed like a dress for an older bride not someone who is 22. I just noticed they let her have her shoulders exposed under the lace!!! :hello:

I think Jinger's would have been better had the satin been strapless and then her entire upper body and sleeves been lace. More elegant.

16 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Are the cake toppers some type of toy? Like I feel like I remember them from my childhood but can't think of a name? I could totally be wrong.

And I also agree that I could totally see them getting a lot of services for free due to their grifting skills but then again it could totally just be a TLC paid wedding.

Little People Big World circa 80s....you are so right!!!

16 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Who uses the word 'evil' in anything wedding related?  Seriously, who does that?

It's taken from Proverbs 31...i.e. the Bible passage about being the perfect wife

11 The heart of her husband trusts in her, And he will have no lack of gain. 12 She does him good and not evil All the days of her life. 

Ironically the passage encourages women to work outside the home heh heh. 

See below:

She selects wool and flax
    and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
    bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
    and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
    and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
    she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
    where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
    and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

DOES ANY of this remind you of Duggars??

I think for a modest fundie approved dress Jinger's dress was a win.  You can't really judge it by normal wedding dress standards.  More importantly,  it looks to me as if Jinger felt beautiful in her dress, which is really the most important thing.  Who cares if anyone else likes it if the bride and hopefully her groom like it.  Jessa's dress was very pretty, and I liked the blush color, but I think the neckline didn't flatter her because it looked like she lost weight from the time she bought the dress until she wore it and so it was less fitted than it should have been.  I did not like Jill's dress at all.  I didn't think it flattered her figure at all, but she seemed very happy with it.

RE: Marcy Dauer,  I know this is terribly superficial of me, but something about her face annoys the f#ck out of me.  She seems very keen to be photographed with the Duggars as much as possible.  Very fameseeking to me, and her son, really gives off a douchey vibe.  I really hope that none of the remaining eligible Duggar girls ever pair up with him.   But I get the feeling that his mom would love nothing more than to marry him off to one of remaining girls. 

11 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

I think we first found her a couple of years back when the Duggars (JB & Michelle and I think Jinger or was it Joy?!) visited San Francisco, and there were a couple of rumours of a courtship. Marci has/had a public Facebook and posts photos of EVERYTHING Duggar. She comes across as a Fundie Stage Mom.

Yes! Very much so with her youngest son - Cooper. I believe he was a surprise as all of his siblings are much older. One of Cooper's sisters is married to a Keilen, so there's the fundie royalty connection.

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

So I get that the Duggars invite a thousand or so people to these weddings, but I just don't get why. And before someone comes in and says, "Well, when you have 50 fundie families..." No, I get that lots of kids = lots of people coming if you invite their whole family.

What is curious to me is why people like Priscilla and David Waller are at Jinger's wedding. I know she's Anna's sister. The only reason that makes sense to me is David's involvement in IFBP. 

I tried to think of it this way: if my brother got married, my family wouldn't invite my other brother's girlfriends' siblings. 

I wonder if because these fundies keep their friend groups fairly small (gotta keep out that evil!) that some of the only people you really know is extended family of others that have been let into your fold. 

Many way, if anyone doesn't get what I'm trying to say, I'll be happy to clarify. I don't think I'm conveying myself well.

I think this is al JB.  I think Jinger and Jeremy honestly wanted a smaller wedding, but JB wants 1000 people at all the weddings to prove how popular they how, how accepted they are, how much their lifestyle is approved and echoed in other families, etc.  There's no reason they have to invite all those people -- most of them wouldn't make the list at a normal wedding.

1 hour ago, Fun Undies said:

Sorry if repeat . . . But uh, is this Carlin?  Is she wearing a navy colored version of the bridesmaid dress??

Screenshot_20161112-125756.png

Is that Carlin??? I mean, it looks like her...but it also doesn't? Who is she holding?

On 11/11/2016 at 9:50 AM, VooDooChild said:

.Who was it that had the profiteroles?  I'm too lazy to go back and look, but GIRL!  ....I'm having a Homer Simpson donut moment.  I need a bib.

That was me.  Way back 1979!  A friend made the profiterole tower as her wedding gift to us.  I had a very low budget wedding.

22 hours ago, elliha said:

I am not saying that it is easy to change and of course it is harder with a bunch of kids. My point is that they have 50+ years of their lives left if they go on to live as long as most people. To believe that the possibility for change stops after a couple years of marriage and when a person is in their mid twenties is too simple and frankly underestimating them. I have not saying they have to change but they are barely adults and there is plenty of potential for growth.

I don't think anyone has said that or believes that.  What people have said is that in their choices of spouses and their careers so far they aren't showing any evidence of changing from the beliefs they grew up in.  Also that their chances of making radical changes are hampered by the strictness of their upbringings and lack of education.  They are not taught critical thinking.  In fact the ability to think critically is actively discouraged if not crushed out of them.

22 hours ago, amandaaries said:

the old Catholic saying, "Give me a child until he is 7 and I'll give you the man"?

I always thought that was Aristotle.  :my_confused:

2 hours ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

Thank you, I do identify as "Protestant Christian" but I do hesitate to speak on it publicly. Here I notice many posts by athiests/catholic/"other than protestants" and I worded my post to give them a little insight as to why Jeremy's family is not "fundy" but does have similar themes.

Thank you for your thoughts.  I strongly disagree with you.  I have explained why I consider Jeremy and his father to be extreme Fundamentalists (Fundie) several times recently.

I am a former Protestant Evangelical missionary kid who had experience of several different denominations (Baptist, Methodist, Episcopalian (Cof E), and Quaker)before I became a non-proselytizing atheist.  None of them espoused or preached Biblical Patriarchy and female submission in the manner of the Duggars and Pastors Chuck and Jeremy Vuolo.

3 minutes ago, habert said:

Is that Carlin??? I mean, it looks like her...but it also doesn't? Who is she holding?

Brooklyn? Maybe it's her head angle but she does look different, but same. Weird. 

5 hours ago, Mrs. Figg said:

It was Lawson Bates in jeans. 

LOL "protesting"

"This Jinger TLC money train was promised to ME!!"

I regret not doing cupcakes for my wedding. The cake price wasn't bad but the "cake cutting" was frustrating! We ended up feeding each other fingers of frosting LOL. And then we didn't have enough so he and I went without eating any. Cupcakes can be adorable and a better choice for germ phobics. I've attended weddings where they arrange cupcakes in a tiered cake shape and have a small cake for the bride and groom to cut and then eat a year later? is that the tradition?

This is what we did (15 years ago - we were a bit ahead of the time!)

Every few years I get our top layer replicated by our local cake shop for our anniversary.

1 minute ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

LOL "protesting"

"This Jinger TLC money train was promised to ME!!"

Haha. I thought the same thing. Like he was trying to prove a point.

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

I have a hard time believing that there were any paparazzi at the wedding. Paparazzi go where they can take pictures that would sell for large amounts of money. Jinger's wedding isn't going to sell for much, if anything. No real paparazzi from Los Angeles or New York, where there are real stars, is going to go to pay to go to Arkansas for pictures that would be lucky to sell for a few hundred dollars at most and that's if they are lucky. Jennifer Garner picking her kids up from soccer will sell for more. 

Jinger is a "star" in FJ world but not the world outside it. I would put money on most people not even knowing there was a Jinger Duggar. Hell, I would put money on most people not being able to name even two Duggar kids and josh would most likely be one of them. No one cares if a Duggar gets married. I think we put too much stock in the "fame" of these people because we are fascinated by them and study them like we are writing a research paper. I have stopped even mentioning fundies to my friends because they think I am weird enough and have no interest in such madness. 

It's awful but I think the only reason most people would pause by the People magazine rack is because of Josh. He brought them more attention than they've ever had. 

Out of curiosity, do we have a common definition of fundamentalist christian?  I think we all sort of have our own version of that.  For me, it describes people who claim to follow the bible very literally and who in general shun or actively avoid interacting with the world at large.  Patriarchy is a part of that, but for many years, even mainstream religions promoted patriarchy and some still do.  The whole Man and Wife thing, or Love honor and Obey, vows are examples, as is our own government and culture where the term Man of the House is still often used to describe head of household. 

But I think of Fundies as following more extreme rules regarding patriarchy, with women expected to take on a decidedly submissive rule.

In more recent times, Fundamentalism in Christianity seems to also include homeschooling, and big families.  In my youth, I had friends from fundamentalist backgrounds and I am assuming they used some sort of family planning as most did not have more than 4 kids.  This trend to re-populate the earth with big families seems really rooted in a certain brand or brands of fundamentalism like Gothardism or Vision Forum or whatever the Seeweirds follow.

Also, when I think of the fundies that I have known over the years, they are often very hardworking people who value education.  While they may not accept evolution, they in general are well read and  it is not unusual for their kids to go to college, usually focusing on degrees in agriculture, nursing, sacred music.  Often the women would work at least until they had children, but in traditionally female dominated careers. 

So I get that the Duggars invite a thousand or so people to these weddings, but I just don't get why. And before someone comes in and says, "Well, when you have 50 fundie families..." No, I get that lots of kids = lots of people coming if you invite their whole family.

What is curious to me is why people like Priscilla and David Waller are at Jinger's wedding. I know she's Anna's sister. The only reason that makes sense to me is David's involvement in IFBP. 

I tried to think of it this way: if my brother got married, my family wouldn't invite my other brother's girlfriends' siblings. 

I wonder if because these fundies keep their friend groups fairly small (gotta keep out that evil!) that some of the only people you really know is extended family of others that have been let into your fold. 

Many way, if anyone doesn't get what I'm trying to say, I'll be happy to clarify. I don't think I'm conveying myself well.

You hit the nail on the head. When you are so radical you have to keep a tight circle. They are also famous which makes it hard to make genuine friends who aren't in it for exposure (see Sierra)

Their title for this post just goes to show what a famechaser Jill is. The fact that Jinger's surname is the only one on the title just shows it. If Jinger is taking Jeremy's name like a good fundie girl would, you would think they would at least say "Jeremy Vuolo and Jinger (Duggar)"...

image.pngETA: This was supposed to go in the most recent Rodrigues family thread, not sure how it ended up here! Is there a way I can move it? 

Must be frustrating to have these kinds of people in your life. You get a show and suddenly they all have blogs and are gunning for their own show. UGH.

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

Yes, that is Joy. I think the dress ages her a bit. It isn't the type of dress one would normally see on a 19 year old.

She actually looks...normal despite the ugly curtain dress. Kind of bizarre really. She went from frumpy tomboy to hot little sister.

19 minutes ago, Mrs. Figg said:

Haha. I thought the same thing. Like he was trying to prove a point.

OR faking the stupid "Imma cuntry singer ya'll" bullcrap.

"Must wear jeans. All the time. Where is my cowboy hat? I didn't really grow up on a farm but yee haw by golly. Would you like to listen to ANOTHER rendition of Amazing Grace? No? Perhaps God Bless America?"

26 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

That was me.  Way back 1979!  A friend made the profiterole tower as her wedding gift to us.  I had a very low budget wedding.

I don't think anyone has said that or believes that.  What people have said is that in their choices of spouses and their careers so far they aren't showing any evidence of changing from the beliefs they grew up in.  Also that their chances of making radical changes are hampered by the strictness of their upbringings and lack of education.  They are not taught critical thinking.  In fact the ability to think critically is actively discouraged if not crushed out of them.

I always thought that was Aristotle.  :my_confused:

Thank you for your thoughts.  I strongly disagree with you.  I have explained why I consider Jeremy and his father to be extreme Fundamentalists (Fundie) several times recently.

I am a former Protestant Evangelical missionary kid who had experience of several different denominations (Baptist, Methodist, Episcopalian (Cof E), and Quaker)before I became a non-proselytizing atheist.  None of them espoused or preached Biblical Patriarchy and female submission in the manner of the Duggars and Pastors Chuck and Jeremy Vuolo.

It's cool. You were lucky to have different experiences. Mine all stayed the same just different names on the buildings, but they all were in a 20 mile radius, just different names. 

15 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Out of curiosity, do we have a common definition of fundamentalist christian? 

I don't think anyone has ever been able to agree on a definition. :laughing-jumpingpurple: To me you can wear jeans and send your kids to public school and still be fundie.  If you are a science rejecting YEC who is fighting to get creation taught in the school system, you fall in the fundie category for me. If you are okay with using the government to force people to follow your religious beliefs(like banning gay marriage, making discrimination against gay people legal) you are fundie to me. If you want to take control of my uterus, you are fundie to me. If you believe in patriarchy and child beating because of the Bible, you are fundie to me. 

I think Jim Bob invited 1000 people to feed his ego. Jill Rodrigues has never been to a Duggar wedding and barely appears to know them, but she got invited, most likely because she fawns over and worships them. Plus, I imagine she harassed the hell out of them trying to get invited. I'm not surprised at David Waller being invited. I'm sure they all know each other through IBLP

All this has reminded me of this lady we went to church with when I was little. The amount of people at her parties were a source of pride for her and at her daughter's fifth birthday she had a massive amount of guest. I can clearly remember driving home and my parents talking about how ridiculous it was to invite all these people you barely know. 

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

To me,  It has always looks as if Jessa was given a certain amount of $$ to spend, and put most of it on her dress, which was really beautiful, but then that meant the rest of it looked cheap and tacky. Whereas it looks as if Jinger either had more $$ To spend, or she was able to successfully manage her budget to be end up with a more cohesive wedding.  Jessa's wedding wow factor was just her dress.  It was the only successful thing about the event of the wedding, But Jinger's looks like a well thought out, full experience and event.

So far I think Jessa also had the best post-wedding photographs. I thought the sunset lighting and the setting beneath the autumn tree were spectacular! But Jinger had the same photographer so maybe the rest of her photos will be on par with Jessa's. 

The pics were nice, but they aren't really part of the actual wedding.   But again,  Being beautiful in the wedding pics are for Jessa's benefit.  I am strongly of the opinion that when you extend invitations to people to a wedding or a birthday party, etc, and you are expecting them to travel and bring a present, then you have an obligation to be hospitable to people which includes having enough seating, offering some sustenance, and not expecting them to stand in the cold.  Yes,  a wedding is a big deal for the bride and groom, of course, but that doesn't excuse them from having to think beyond themselves and taking good care of their guests. 

Jessa's wedding seemed very self centered to me.  She barely cared about the bridesmaid dresses, nor did she seem to care that they didn't really flatter her bridesmaids or that they didn't really like them much.  She certainly didn't think about her guests having to stand in the parking lot.   Jinger tried to select dresses that were generally flattering on her friends.  And looked appropriate for the occasion.  And she provided a bit more for her guests.  Jessa's wedding was Look at Me, I am getting married.  Jinger's was "Come and join us as we join together in marriage".  I remember seeing both Jill and Jessa barely acknowledging their guests, strolling about on the parking lots and sidewalks of the church.  We haven't seen many pictures or footage of the reception yet so it is hard to know if Jinger and Jeremy made the rounds with their guests and welcomed and thanked them as is customary or not.  Hopefully she did. 

9 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I remember seeing both Jill and Jessa barely acknowledging their guests, strolling about on the parking lots and sidewalks of the church.  We haven't seen many pictures or footage of the reception yet so it is hard to know if Jinger and Jeremy made the rounds with their guests and welcomed and thanked them as is customary or not.  Hopefully she did. 

I totally agree with you that Jinger's reception seemed more considerate of her guests than the others. I wish she had tables so that people didn't have to put their cups and napkins on the floor and chairs, but indoors with meatballs and veggies is still progress. On the other hand, Jill definitely had a receiving line that was shown for about 5 seconds at her reception, and I remember Jessa going around hugging people at her reception as well. Remember - what's shown on TV isn't the whole story. Greeting guests would make for boring TV. 

I remember Jessa and Ben walking through their guests, but not really talking with most of them.  Of course, that is hard to do when you have 1000 guests.  Another reason why you shouldn't have that many guests.  You should not have more guests that you can reasonably accommodate.  A reception line isn't the same thing as going around to tables and thanking people personally for coming.  This is a thing I see happening at most weddings.  The Bride and Groom, and often the parents of the Bride, will make a point of doing the rounds with the guests.  Sure, the probably miss some, but they at least make an effort to go around and personally thank everyone.   

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived