IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

@amandaaries

Yes, but change does not have to mean divorce or "acting wild", it could be this but also other more socially acceptable changes. I am assuming that if Jessa would get a job and send her kids to school this would be a huge deal for her and her family but the average person in Arkansas would not think much about it. 

I would say that their upbringing would make it more likely for a later change rather than an earlier one just because they are so sheltered. What I knew about life at 25 might be where they are at when they turn 40. This is why I think we should not proclaim "It is all over!" so early. I am totally in agreement about the younger kids having been raised differently than the older and I also think this might mean that if any of them want to leave they will do so more easily and probably at an earlier age. 

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 minutes ago, elliha said:

I am totally in agreement about the younger kids having been raised differently than the older and I also think this might mean that if any of them want to leave they will do so more easily and probably at an earlier age. 

Plus, they'll get to see how their older sisters live-- 1000 kids, living off of mommy and daddy with no freedom

1 hour ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

Jinger's hair I had to comment on for the entire season has looked awful! Her curls are so pretty she should embrace them! Anyhoo her hair is the result of a cheap straightener and cheap product build up. I have long hair as well and when I spray it or mousse it or gel it it's nearly impossible to get it out of the back of my head! Being naturally curly makes it hard to wash as well. Also if they are on their honeymoon and travelling she might be using cheap hotel shampoo which does no favors or maybe cheap shampoo in general because they're always looking to save a buck. This excessive straightening could be her rebelling from years of Gothard forcing them to curl it. 

Also why is she smiling so unnaturally in her wedding pictures? She usually smiles more naturally but in these pics she looks like she's gritting her teeth. 

I love lemon pound cake because it is so moist. I took a cake decorating class long time ago and I'm so tired of regular cake because of being surrounded by it. Angel food I find to be a little bland....BUT have you tried the "fruit" cake, the cakes you can get at the grocery store that are yellow/white cake with fruit topping and a frosting make of whipped cream and cream cheese? My sister gets one for her birthday every year and it's much better than regular cake!!! I imagine Jinger's cake was this tasty!!!

Also HATE whipped cream... like more than I hate frosting. The texture makes me gag. While we're at it I hate peanut butter. and mustard. I have a weird condiment/texture/sensory issue lol 

@elliha It's true that breaking away need not be divorce or acting.  However,  though I lack facts and data, what I have seen from grown adults who had extremely circumscribed limits as children is that when they do act out, it tends to be in a big way.  I think those who leave the FLDS or Amish communities often illustrate this, or even those who leave extremely controlling households.  They haven't set any limits for themselves, ever; they just had seemingly arbitrary boundaries presenting them with black and white views of the world.  When they abandon those rules, they often abandon them all.  For awhile, at least...then the pendulum swings back, and usually some kind of stability is achieved.  

As it is, I think Bin is at least sniffing out the boundaries.  He's meeting new people and experiencing new things -- but Jessa doesn't seem as into it.  The scene of the studio, where people are moving to the music, and Jessa sitting as straight and statue-like as possible.  It seems harder for her to change.  Simultaneously, they are tied to JB financially.

It's possible that any of them could decide to break away and change, but I don't find it probable...at least not for the elder kidults.  For example, I think Jill will always be tightly tied to the ideology of her parents. I'd love to see them all start to lead independent lives, but I wouldn't bet any money on it.

I think also that for as long as they can live comfortably without changing their beliefs, they will do so.  Change can be hard, and they aren't the type to challenge themselves.  I think their early indoctrination and training has left them with what appears to be a very limited choice of actions for them as adults, and many of them seem okay with these stunted possibilities.  

I think in order for any of them to change they need to get "uncomfortable".  TLC needs to stop filming them. Boob needs to run out of money.  They all need to face the reality of their inadequacies.  Comfort breeds contentment.  They all have it too easy at the moment.   I had hopes that Jill's  missioncation would have been uncomfortable enough for her to change.  (Who knows, maybe she has all sorts of thoughts rattling around in her head.)  So far, it has only made her run home.  Jessa has it easy for now but adding a few more kids with limited funds....maybe she will rethink a few things.  Jinger needs Jeremy to tell JB to back off.  Maybe he will speak up.  Texas might be uncomfortable for her.   Only time will tell.  The younger kids probably have the best shot at normalcy, if only TLC would cut them loose. 

The question of if the Duggars have a church and a pastor was answered by Jill Rodrigues of all people. She apparently got to park her RV in the Duggars yard and went to their church where she met their pastor who has seven children. I can't remember what thread number thread that was discussed in, but now we have an answer. They do go to church each week with a pastor and congregation and it isn't just listening to Jim Bob. 

Jill is not giving out any details or pictures from the wedding probably because she was one of the people who leaked the date of the wedding and I'm sure no one was happy with her. 

21 hours ago, nst said:

now not only is jinger leaving - jessa has to do do her work apparently.  hence the xmas cards and everything else she will mention soon. 

and for jessa that is daunting because all she does usually is put her feet up. 

jessa wants to be tethered to her family - she made sure of it - and now with all her videos and pictures at tth - she ain't leaving  - i don't think she is upset jinge is married - she is just upset that she is so far away.  

I doubt Jessa will allow Jinge to come out of her shadow if they were still entwined and jinge didn't run away 

i have been saying the proposal was staged for weeks - oh you mean the courtship proposal - I am betting that too. 

especially with what we are seeing now with the wedding and stuff.

Jeremy is a different fish just in the same cloth 

Of course she hangs out at the TTH- free J-female-labor slave, food, soda machine, coffee bar, lots of space. She probably brings their laundry over to the TTH for the J-female-laundry slave to wash, dry and fold. Plus no Bin...you know she gets tired of him hanging around all.of.the.time.

Just seeing the People photos for the first time now, and here are my thoughts...

I think the "theme" for the wedding was literally "random" or "mismatched"...given the different patterns/colours used in the groom's and men's suits and the different colours of the bridesmaid dresses. I actually really like the dresses and love that they don't match. Let's just all be thankful that the Fall colours theme seemed to be "berry" rather than "falling leaves"...could you imagine a range of orange, puke green, and mustard yellow dresses! :my_sick:

And I totally think that this was all determined by their wedding planner(s) and JinJer just went along with their suggestions. The clothing choices and decorations all seem a lot more creative and professional than the standard matchy-matchy bridesmaid dresses with the men's ties that match, and a cake that also incorporates the "wedding colours".

A lot of it was probably free or deeply discounted and arranged by TLC, not really necessary for TLC to pay actual money as they can probably offer a lot of exposure to these companies and bolster their sales without actually having to pay out. Just think...their work was seen in People magazine, and there was probably a professional photographer to provide portfolio photos afterward. What dressmaker, cakemaker, florist, etc would not say yes to that?

Michelle looked very nice. I thought she also looked good at Jessa's wedding.

I'm not fond of any of the other dresses, not even Jingers.

These girls are average to petite sized- the wedding dresses (other than Jill's) are just not fitted enough, too big and bulky (and for Jinger's, too bright). I liked Jill's dress before the modesty alterations, but on the day of the wedding it was ill fitting and the mid section was not flattering at all. I am not a fan of ball gowns. I like sleek and simple.

But it looks like it was a beautiful day. Hope they are happy.

Okay I started watching 19 Kids really late (the season of Jessa's wedding) and I never understood why people on this site said they had once seen a spark in Jinger. I thought she had the least personality of all the girls. But I just watched the Courting Jinger scene with her being a drama queen and screaming in the car and I'm shocked! She used to have SO much personality!! What happened to her?! 

1 hour ago, Timetostoplurking said:

I think in order for any of them to change they need to get "uncomfortable".  TLC needs to stop filming them. Boob needs to run out of money.  They all need to face the reality of their inadequacies.  Comfort breeds contentment.  They all have it too easy at the moment.

^^^This. TLC is rewarding the Duggar girls. Do you think for one second Jessa would let the number of children she brings into this world up to God if she and Ben had to live entirely off of church donations and secondhand shopping? She's already wanting out of the mold house- how many children did JB and Meechelle have before they moved into the big TTH? Jessa still has a way to go. 

I think Jingeremy will live off of Jeremy's salary and limit their family size. I don't think the Duggar girls know how much it costs to live and raise one child or two- let alone 19. I really wonder what their concept of money is.  Like do they know how much average rent, utilities and food costs total per month?  Do Jessa and Bin even handle their own finances or do they have debit cards linked to JB's account, and he deposits x amount of money every month? 

I have a friend from college who has had 5 children in the 5 years we've been out of school. She doesn't work. I don't know what her husband does for a living, but it still boggles my mind how they make that work. 

Now that someone mentioned this was probably a styled wedding where everything was donated for free to use in portfolios...that makes perfect sense.

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Now that someone mentioned this was probably a styled wedding where everything was donated for free to use in portfolios...that makes perfect sense.

how would they find such a person to do that - is this common ? 

all that money and work and it's free - does not make sense at all 

48 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

But I just watched the Courting Jinger scene with her being a drama queen and screaming in the car and I'm shocked! She used to have SO much personality!! What happened to her?! 

She was Duggarized.

I looked at the People Magazine article in Target today, and I noticed that Jeremy said that he likes a long train [wedding dress}. HOWEVER, I'm unclear what he meant by the statement. I'm wondering if he told Jinger that she should bu y a wedding dress with a long train OR if he meant that he was stunned by her beauty  and her long train.

Jinger also stated that he definitely helped with the wedding planning and decision making, which is clear. 

4 minutes ago, eye_browz said:

I looked at the People Magazine article in Target today, and I noticed that Jeremy said that he likes a long train [wedding dress}. HOWEVER, I'm unclear what he meant by the statement. I'm wondering if he told Jinger that she should bu y a wedding dress with a long train OR if he meant that he was stunned by her beauty  and her long train.

Jinger also stated that he definitely helped with the wedding planning and decision making, which is clear. 

i didn't take one for the team 

but didn't all the duggar husbands do that - be a part of the decision making 

jeremy is hardly the first 

About Us:

Grace Pregnancy Center is a Christ-centered, non-profit ministry dedicated to:

Faithfully sharing the gospel with every client

Protecting the unborn and promoting life affirming choices  

Providing counseling for those facing crisis pregnancies, abuse of any kind, post abortion trauma, and family counseling 

Educating, encouraging, and helping the community with our services and classes

Promoting sexual abstinence until marriage

Offering hope, healing , and love to hurting women through God's word

On 11/10/2016 at 4:07 PM, VineHeart137 said:

From their About Us page:

They also have videos that I did not watch with titles like "The chilling truth about abortion in 6 mins" and "Who is in my womb?"

How about post-birth trauma?  You know, like post-partum depression, etc.  Or is that not a real thing?  I guess once you have that baby, it's all rainbows and butterflies.

On 11/10/2016 at 5:17 PM, eleanora3 said:

People just added all the photos in HD to the article. It looks like we have the naked cake, the cupcake table with pumpkin, chocolate, and cranberry flavors, and a coffee bean goody bag table. Those goodies say "The Perfect Blend" on them. I knew she would incorporate coffee somehow!jinger-duggar-4.jpgjinger-duggar-10.jpg

jinger-duggar-9.jpg

I'm sorry but "Jinger will do Jeremy good.." ??  It just begs the question,  "How good?"   (Sorry my mind slipped into the gutter for a bit...)

Edited to add:  Well I finally got to about page 6 and I see I'm not the only one who got a good snicker out of this :)

18 minutes ago, nst said:

what s with the down arrow ? 

is someone in love with Jeremy :D 

Some people use it just to say 'I disagree' and don't mean much by it. Sometimes people hit it accidentally scrolling on their phone. I wouldn't sweat it.

58 minutes ago, nst said:

how would they find such a person to do that - is this common ? 

all that money and work and it's free - does not make sense at 

they would approach them. Actually, it makes perfect sense. It's the same way companies give celebrities freebies to schill on social media. When Uber first came to my city, they gave myself and about 50 other people at an art gallery free merch and free uber codes to post photos of ourselves with them on social media to help advertise. So all the other people at this massive art event that drank too much saw us with uber stuff and used them.

Are the cake toppers some type of toy? Like I feel like I remember them from my childhood but can't think of a name? I could totally be wrong.

And I also agree that I could totally see them getting a lot of services for free due to their grifting skills but then again it could totally just be a TLC paid wedding.

1 hour ago, nst said:

what s with the down arrow ? 

is someone in love with Jeremy :D 

Is it your first down vote?
Welcome...I got a couple myself this week.

:)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived