IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

1 hour ago, anotherone said:

I'm sorry but "Jinger will do Jeremy good.." ??  It just begs the question,  "How good?"   (Sorry my mind slipped into the gutter for a bit...)

Edited to add:  Well I finally got to about page 6 and I see I'm not the only one who got a good snicker out of this :)

Who uses the word 'evil' in anything wedding related?  Seriously, who does that?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, seeing all the BM dresses together, the colors don't really match...not from the same pallette. She should have stick with variations of maybe reds, purples, greens. But still the dresses were better than the ones her sisters had. 

I was extremely excited to see Jingers hair and make done, and SHOES. I don't think she could run down the aisle in those heels! Her dress was gorgeous. 

Overall, it looked like the classiest Duggar wedding yet.  Even Michelle's dress was attractive.  I hope they had a string quartet instead of angry piano playing. 

4 hours ago, Timetostoplurking said:

I think in order for any of them to change they need to get "uncomfortable".  TLC needs to stop filming them. Boob needs to run out of money.  They all need to face the reality of their inadequacies.  Comfort breeds contentment.  They all have it too easy at the moment.   I had hopes that Jill's  missioncation would have been uncomfortable enough for her to change.  (Who knows, maybe she has all sorts of thoughts rattling around in her head.)  So far, it has only made her run home.  Jessa has it easy for now but adding a few more kids with limited funds....maybe she will rethink a few things.  Jinger needs Jeremy to tell JB to back off.  Maybe he will speak up.  Texas might be uncomfortable for her.   Only time will tell.  The younger kids probably have the best shot at normalcy, if only TLC would cut them loose. 

Jill did and ran home.  I get the feeling that if it gets more uncomfortable they will just "turn to Jesus" even more.  Like Anna. 

Education seems the only route out.

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Are the cake toppers some type of toy? Like I feel like I remember them from my childhood but can't think of a name? I could totally be wrong.

And I also agree that I could totally see them getting a lot of services for free due to their grifting skills but then again it could totally just be a TLC paid wedding.

When I saw the cake toppers my first thought was the little Fischer-Price people -- in the barn, the bus, the castle, etc.

Okay, excuse my ignorance -- who is Pickles?

I thought there was another photo with tables there? Could also be making this up? But I feel like that would make sense cause how else could they fit like 1000 people?

16 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I am subscribed to "The Skimm", which skims the news everyday and brings you the biggest things in one email. Yesterday the quote of the day was:

"Highbrow nudity"- The description for an upcoming art show in Sydney, Australia. Dancers will perform naked. Audience members will watch naked. Taking it to a whole nude level.

What do you think the over/under is that JinJer will participate in their Aussie adventures? :laughing-rofl:

The Museum of Contempoary Art in Sydney (right opposite the Opera House in Circular Quay) is currently running this event... 

https://www.mca.com.au/events/stuart-ringholt-naked-tours/14758/

STUART RINGHOLT – Naked Tours 

Stuart Ringholt, Preceded by a tour of the show by artist Stuart Ringholt, 6-8pm. The artist will be naked. Those who wish only to join the tour must also be naked. Adults only, 2011/16.

A few thoughts:

Michelle looks nice. I've seen nuns dress more fashionably than she generally does with the black hose and shoes.

Jinger's dress and the bridesmaids dresses were custom designs according to the People magazine article. The designer also mentioned on her FB page she was going to AR to deliver them, although she never mentioned who... but there were 10 bridesmaids dresses.

They both look happy, I hope it stays that way when the reality of life kicks in when Jeremy is gone to work and she is lonely for her family. I would think that would be hard. When Anna moved from her large family in Florida, she became part of an even larger one. Jeremy has no close relatives there.

I am really baffled by their casual dress - surely in their world, a wedding is second only to having a boy babba? It's so disrespectful to dress down. Stripy tshirts, jeans? Honestly??

I liked her dress and the funky shoes. Don't like the bridesmaid dresses, the skirts are too long and billowy. They would have looked nicer tighter.

This wedding has been far classier than the other ones, I'm pleased that Jinger, who seems to terribly fragile, has won that particular race so ar. I just truly hope that Jeremy will not turn out to be a nasty brute. Or as useless as the other two.

5 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Now I want to watch more of the old Jinger. When did the switch happen?

I suspect the ultimate change happened around 2012/2013. You can see it in the episodes around that time, e.g. the turkey shooting episode, Jinger was 18 at the time. She was the only girl shooting and was smacking gum like a pro the whole time through, and looked really tomboyish during the whole thing with her uniform, the gum smacking and focus in her eyes to aim right. JB took her aside together with his friend and he lectured her on how the gobblers fight for the henns and that it is supposed to be like this in nature. It almost felt like harrassment (two middle aged men taking an 18 year old girl to the side and lecturing her on sexuality on national TV, nice, JB , very nice, the father of the year award goes to you, I guess! If she hadn't been 18 at the time I'm sure there would be the possibilty of sueing ( ? ) JB. I'm almost certain they had "difficulties" with her being more tomboyish or sth and wanted to mold her into being more feminine and that weasel waited until she was 18 to do so on TV. JB, you, unfortunately not so stupid, snake!

A few month later, during Erin Bates' wedding ?  or was it during Priscilla's wedding?, when none of the Duggar were courting yet, the 5 oldest girls were taken to their room and asked what they were looking for in a guy. Jinger only said "city, please", only to be beaten down verbally by Jill to be content and not to demand things like that, again, on national TV. Thank's, Jill!

I think the "city, please" comment were the last free words that Jinger ever uttered! After that she changed completely.

A few months later again, in late 2013, the four oldest girls/women were promoting their new book and in an interview, I don't remember her name but it was the 700 club, and she has 7 children, Jinger can be seen having a very mild voice all of a sudden and said something along the lines of "to except the unchangable things in our lives" , you can see she has changed completely within 12-18 months.

here is the video, fast forwrad to 7:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr0dXfQQfNU

Edited to add this: I cannot wait to see all the down votes for this post, what has happened? All of a sudden there are so many down votes.

Re the Duggar children breaking away - we've got the classic example of a Fundy SOTDRT educated daughter to look at in Jill Rodrigues - it's a horrible thing to think, but Jill has just doubled down on her parents' extremism, gone Quiverfull, and is reaping the problems that brings.  I'd love to think a sparky young Duggar might look at Jill and think "do I really want that life?", but I worry they'll be Jills themselves.

7 hours ago, trustworthy said:

When I saw the cake toppers my first thought was the little Fischer-Price people -- in the barn, the bus, the castle, etc.

Okay, excuse my ignorance -- who is Pickles?

The moderator of the facebook group, Duggar Family News: Life is not all pickles and hairspray

https://www.facebook.com/Pickles4Truth/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

10 hours ago, anotherone said:

About Us:

Grace Pregnancy Center is a Christ-centered, non-profit ministry dedicated to:

Faithfully sharing the gospel with every client

Protecting the unborn and promoting life affirming choices  

Providing counseling for those facing crisis pregnancies, abuse of any kind, post abortion trauma, and family counseling 

Educating, encouraging, and helping the community with our services and classes

Promoting sexual abstinence until marriage

Offering hope, healing , and love to hurting women through God's word

How about post-birth trauma?  You know, like post-partum depression, etc.  Or is that not a real thing?  I guess once you have that baby, it's all rainbows and butterflies.

If Jinger is going to be involved in this pregnancy center crap then IMO, she's doing much worse stuff than Jessa and Jill post wedding. Sure Jill is grifting for her praycation trying to convert Central America but damn, Jinger could be actively harming so many women and their children. I know what those centers do. They lie and guilt women. They do nothing good. They hurt women. They hurt children. They hurt families. I've always felt fundies harm people, but damn, this is just disturbing. 

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The question of if the Duggars have a church and a pastor was answered by Jill Rodrigues of all people. She apparently got to park her RV in the Duggars yard and went to their church where she met their pastor who has seven children. I can't remember what thread number thread that was discussed in, but now we have an answer. They do go to church each week with a pastor and congregation and it isn't just listening to Jim Bob. 

Jill is not giving out any details or pictures from the wedding probably because she was one of the people who leaked the date of the wedding and I'm sure no one was happy with her. 

First, lol at the new icon you're sporting there ;)

Second, I think it's at least silently saying something that she hasn't posted dozens of pictures and details by now.  And I'm still leaning towards Jinger crying coming out of the church, because Jill R. managed to let the cat out of the bag, and there were paparazzi at the wedding (which I'm guessing Jinger didn't realize till she stepped out of there).  Anyways, my question is, who talked to Jill R. and brought the wrath of God on her? 

- Was it Michelle quietly pulling her to the side, and giving her bug eyes about not allowing the ebil liberal press to get any more details, "I understand it was exciting to share about getting to witness such a Godly example/testimony of my daughter's virginity being taken today in every way/shape/form, but we cannot allow our female giddyness to get the better of us.  And it's not being a good Christian fundie if we appear to be smugly bragging about the details of the nuptials (for free).  We, the Duggars, should be allowed to do that, via magazines, so we can at least make money off the wedding."

- Or was it JimBob?  Walking over to Jill R. (or probably more likely, her husband), "Hey, I know you probably didn't mean to appear as if you're bragging, but as the authority of this family, it's my duty to tell you to cut it out.  Or else, I'll have to call my flock under the protection of my umbrella, and you aren't going to be included.  You want to be included in our Godly circle, right?"

- Or did they both tell TLC to do it? "Jill R., if you release ANY information regarding the wedding, we'll slap you with a cease and desist letter!"

^ my money is on TLC doing the dirty work, but Jim Bob having asked them to, all the while smiling at them, pretending they are besties

Had to be TLC, all I can picture are Boob and Meechelle's faux concerned faces like the ones they had when Jordyn got her tonsils out.

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Michelle looked very nice. I thought she also looked good at Jessa's wedding.

I'm not fond of any of the other dresses, not even Jingers.

These girls are average to petite sized- the wedding dresses (other than Jill's) are just not fitted enough, too big and bulky (and for Jinger's, too bright). I liked Jill's dress before the modesty alterations, but on the day of the wedding it was ill fitting and the mid section was not flattering at all. I am not a fan of ball gowns. I like sleek and simple.

But it looks like it was a beautiful day. Hope they are happy.

I think the most flattering dress was one that Jessa tried on. It was tighter fitting and lace. It looked great on her.

6 hours ago, Munichnark said:

I am really baffled by their casual dress - surely in their world, a wedding is second only to having a boy babba? It's so disrespectful to dress down. Stripy tshirts, jeans? Honestly??

I liked her dress and the funky shoes. Don't like the bridesmaid dresses, the skirts are too long and billowy. They would have looked nicer tighter.

This wedding has been far classier than the other ones, I'm pleased that Jinger, who seems to terribly fragile, has won that particular race so ar. I just truly hope that Jeremy will not turn out to be a nasty brute. Or as useless as the other two.

Who is in jeans? I haven't looked that closely at pictures.

If it's guests....then I don't really think it matters. I didn't care what people wore to my wedding.

And for those talking about Jinger crying because of paparazzi? I doubt it. I am sure before that photo was taken she just had an emotional moment with her sisters or something. It's not like it's that unusual for them to cry at one of their weddings.

16 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

(snip)

And for those talking about Jinger crying because of paparazzi? I doubt it. I am sure before that photo was taken she just had an emotional moment with her sisters or something. It's not like it's that unusual for them to cry at one of their weddings.

I really don't understand all the speculation about Jinger's facial expressions in those photos. A shutter snaps at a fraction of a second. She could be reacting to anything - a stray lock of hair getting into her mouth. The heel of her shoe catching just slightly on the ground. Anything.

2 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

my money is on TLC doing the dirty work, but Jim Bob having asked them to, all the while smiling at them, pretending they are besties

I'm with it being TLC too. Jill did share the pictures of the wedding invitations and program, which I'm not sure have been shared before. 

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3074

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived