IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

Continued from here:

tl;dr of the last thread: JinJer are married, and there were shoes. Lots and lots of shoes. Also some dresses.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time poster here! I apologize if this has been brought up in the past... but with so much talk about Jinger and what her role in Laredo would be, I wanted to learn more about Jeremy's mother.

Did you know she was a professional musician and is now the founder and executive director of a  non profit? http://www.swan4kids.org/about/ The non profit is an organization that provides children with incarcerated parents the opportunity to study music.  They provide musical instruments and lessons. At one point, Jeremy's mother was putting in 60-70 hrs a week before they got enough funds to hire an office assistant to help with the day to day work of the organization. 

I think this is promising? Like others have posted, I would love to see Jinger enroll in some classes (photography or art) and use her skills for good (in the workplace or as a way to give back like Jeremy's mother).

2 minutes ago, nst said:

so I tried to post in the other thread - what is the reason for books a at wedding, especially those books mentioned.? 

My son and his wife had a very book/library themed wedding because they both got Masters Degrees in Library Sciences, so it made a lot of sense for them.  As far as J&J go, I have no idea unless it was just for decoration.  

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

So apart from her sisters, Anna and Jeremy's sister, we have three more bridesmaids. One is Jennifer Hartono (right?), and is the one on the very right a Query? Anyone know who the last one is?

Unbenannt.png

Bringing this over from the last thread. The fact that the bridesmaids didn't line up in an logical dress color order bothers me so much. Didn't the photographer notice that??

I did like the idea that someone thought the book was "God's Womb". Wouldn't that mean that God is a woman? That would certainly cause consternation among the fundies

51 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I did like the idea that someone thought the book was "God's Womb". Wouldn't that mean that God is a woman? That would certainly cause consternation among the fundies

Because I'm working but practicing some avoidance today, I looked up "Gods Womb" on Amazon and it doesn't appear to be there.  So I looked up "God's Women/Woman" and could find that either.  Now I'm pretty sure the title was actually, "God's Wombat", because they are headed to Australia and New Zealand.

Jill's dress color is jarringly bright and Spring like among the other fall colors.  Jana's doesn't particularly go either but if Jill had done the same blue it would have blended in. 

Here are my thoughts.

Jeremy is his own man.  I think he appeared to go along with what Jim Bob wanted largely because he wanted to marry Ginger.  He's not from Hickville AK, he's from NYC and he's sophisticated, has good taste, shows an interest in things outside of religion, has traveled, appears to have an OK  mind about people who are different from him.  He's not fundie, wasn't raised to be fundie and will never be fundie despite what he said in the courtship.  If what was written above about his mother is true, he has a strong mother figure, not a cowering, adoring simpleton without a backbone.

I don't think he wants a wife who dresses in frumpers, has curly long hair sprayed to within an inch of it's life and who buys second hand everything because she doesn't think she's good enough for anything unused.  I think he wants a wife who compliments him and will look good standing next to him.  I'm not sure he wants a Joel Osteen ministry but I think he wants something similarly successful.  I don't think he wants 18 kids because I think he's got his feet on the ground regarding what kids cost and what it takes to maintain his lifestyle.  He's lived in the real world, not Duggerland, where everything is controlled by JB.

Much of what I wrote above makes him seem shallow.  I don't think he is the deepest thinker but I do think the JB lifestyle is out of the picture.  IMO he wants a happy wife and happy family and I think he'll teach Ginger that how she dresses, whether she travels alone or with a chaperone, whether she speaks her mind, whether she has a job, whether she is a baby factory...has nothing to do with whether she loves god.  I'm not saying it will come overnight but I expect to see a decline in the JB indoctrination within a year.

How about "God's Wombiest?"

I like the bridesmaid dresses separately, just not all together. Too many different colors for me. I like Jeremy's sister's hairstyle. I wish the others had something similar. Other than Jinger'a dress and the bridesmaids dresses, I am not really a fan of anything else about the wedding but admit it looks nice. The outfits the Duggar boys were wearing in the church reminded me of the old news boys. Would have been better for a wedding in  barn than in a church. 

This wedding was definitely not put together by the Duggars because it wasn't tacky. I have no doubt someone suggested Jinger's shoes to her because they would look good for pictures and would be good for discussion on the TV special. Yes, Alyssa Bates wore pink shoes at her wedding but they looked like something she would have worn regardless of her wedding. I have never seen Jinger wear anything like that before, either shoes or regular clothing. 

Also, if you notice from the photos, the guy everyone thought was a state trooper because of the straps on his outfit was actually a photographer. You can see that in the photograph in front of the car where he has camera lenses strapped to him. 

14 minutes ago, Carol said:

Here are my thoughts.

Jeremy is his own man.  I think he appeared to go along with what Jim Bob wanted largely because he wanted to marry Ginger.  He's not from Hickville AK, he's from NYC and he's sophisticated, has good taste, shows an interest in things outside of religion, has traveled, appears to have an OK  mind about people who are different from him.  He's not fundie, wasn't raised to be fundie and will never be fundie despite what he said in the courtship.  If what was written above about his mother is true, he has a strong mother figure, not a cowering, adoring simpleton without a backbone.

I don't think he wants a wife who dresses in frumpers, has curly long hair sprayed to within an inch of it's life and who buys second hand everything because she doesn't think she's good enough for anything unused.  I think he wants a wife who compliments him and will look good standing next to him.  I'm not sure he wants a Joel Osteen ministry but I think he wants something similarly successful.  I don't think he wants 18 kids because I think he's got his feet on the ground regarding what kids cost and what it takes to maintain his lifestyle.  He's live in the real world, not Duggerland, where everything is controlled by JB.

Much of what I wrote above makes him seem shallow.  I don't think he is the deepest thinker but I do think the JB lifestyle is out of the picture.  IMO he wants a happy wife and happy family and I think he'll teach Ginger that how she dresses, whether she travels alone or with a chaperone, whether she speaks her mind, whether she has a job, whether she is a baby factory...has nothing to do with whether she loves god.

"God's Wombiest?"

I beg to differ. I believe it was @nastyhobbitses or maybe @nausicaa who went into greater detail in the last thread, but the church Jeremy pastors is absolutely fundie, as is his father's.

Also in the last thread, the book was identified as God's Woman by C.R. Nichol, published 1938. Vintage books as wedding decorations are a very pinterest-y, in thing. 

ETA: Just kidding! It was @Palimpsest but the others made good points as well.

38 minutes ago, Carol said:

-snip- He's not fundie, wasn't raised to be fundie and will never be fundie despite what he said in the courtship. -snip-

Unfortunately, Jeremy is definitely and without a doubt fundie. His father is a preacher, and if you look up his sermons (I think some popped up in the Jinger courtship announcement thread?) he supports biblical patriarchy and headship and all that. So, Jeremy was raised to be fundie, even if his parents weren't Quiverfull. His own sermons, from what I can gather from his website, reflect these values as well. And pardon me if I seem antagonistic, but you say he will never be fundie despite what he says. I suggest that we take Jeremy's words seriously and assume that he is speaking from his heart, instead of lying to get Jinger out of the cult. I will assume that he says what he means and means what he says, because he chose to say those things. So, while he might be a different flavor of fundie than the Duggars, he is still part of the toxic and misogynistic culture that he was raised in.

I hope beyond hope that I am wrong, and he will treat Jinger with more value and respect than seems usual for fundie wives. And I hope she finds happiness as she defines it, not how we would define it for her. But Jeremy is fundie. Without a doubt.

The happy couple posted a message on their web site about how much they're enjoying the honeymoon. Jinger's sporting some messy bed hair, lol.

42 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Bringing this over from the last thread. The fact that the bridesmaids didn't line up in an logical dress color order bothers me so much. Didn't the photographer notice that??

I  actually don't mind the dresses not in order by color, but Jill's dress is too bright. It should have either been a deeper purple or a dustier lavender. For example, pink isn't generally considered a fall color, but Hannie's dress is more of a dusty rose so it works. Jinger's bright white would have popped even more in that photo without the bright lavender next to her.

No man is ever going to get King Jong Boob's questionnaire to ever "rescue" one of his daughters. That's always going to be a pipe dream. They're always going to be fundie. 

34 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Because I'm working but practicing some avoidance today, I looked up "Gods Womb" on Amazon and it doesn't appear to be there.  So I looked up "God's Women/Woman" and could find that either.  Now I'm pretty sure the title was actually, "God's Wombat", because they are headed to Austrailia and New Zealand.

I found a song called God's Woman by a couple with the surname Nicholas. I'm wondering if that book is not actually a book?

55 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I don't know how she could have arranged them "logically," seeing as how there are 4 or 5 red/purple shades and 3 tans.

I haven't checked in here for 24 hours and I just remembered the ombre effect that somebody had cobbled together as candids became available. That would've looked nice. Now I need to go back and look at all of the pictures I missed!

Didn't someone say its starting to get hot in Australia? Jeremy's pullover and the background looked more like AR to me.  So...they're certainly enjoying those few days alone lol

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

A lot of brides line their bridesmaids up in order of "importance" so to speak. Splitting them back and forth, but in the order they were at the altar. I don't know if I explained that very well. 

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

No man is ever going to get King Jong Boob's questionnaire to ever "rescue" one of his daughters.

I agree.

But I also think that Jeremy is attracted to Jinger in part because he knows he can be the one to pull her out of the TTH and show her the "real world." Someone earlier mentioned a savior complex, and I definitely see that in Jeremy. Jeremy is proud of his education, past professional soccer career and current life as a pastor.  Being able to show Jinger the "real world" -even if it is just a fundie approved life in Laredo, Texas with Mexcian food and candy- makes him feel good about himself.

24 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Unfortunately, Jeremy is definitely and without a doubt fundie. His father is a preacher, and is you look up his sermons (I think some popped up in the Jinger courtship announcement thread?) he supports biblical patriarchy and headship and all that. So, Jeremy was raised to be fundie, even if his parents weren't Quiverfull. His own sermons, from what I can gather from his website, reflect these values as well. And pardon me if I seem antagonistic, but you say he will never be fundie despite what he says. I suggest that we take Jeremy's words seriously and assume that he is speaking from his heart, instead of lying to get Jinger out of the cult. I will assume that he says what he means and means what he says, because he chose to say those things. So, while he might be a different flavor of fundie than the Duggars, he is still part of the toxic and misogynistic culture that he was raised in.

I hope beyond hope that I am wrong, and he will treat Jinger with more value and respect than seems usual for fundie wives. And I hope she finds happiness as she defines it, not how we would define it for her. But Jeremy is fundie. Without a doubt.

My use of the word fundie was a poor choice.  I should have said, "He's not a crazy nutjob JB fundie, wasn't raised to be crazy nutjob JB fundie and will never be crazy nutjob JB fundie despite what he said in the courtship".  

Seriously, I don't see him in the same light as I see the Duggars.  I could be wrong.   After all, I thought Hillary was going to be our next president. 

Ah, @Carol, I see what you mean. JimBoob truly is in a league of his own when it comes so crazy creepiness. Personally, I think this makes Jeremy even more dangerous than Jimboob. He makes fundamentalism and biblical patriarchy seem more normal and appealing than a creepy helmet-haired overlord. Jeremy seems nice, well-spoken, and intelligent- a normal guy. But we know that he takes his misogyny and dresses it up in an attractive, mature, soccer-playing package.

I do hope you're right, and he's not as bad as Jimboob and Michelle, for Jinger's sake.

2 hours ago, withaj said:

I beg to differ. I believe it was @nastyhobbitses or maybe @nausicaa who went into greater detail in the last thread, but the church Jeremy pastors is absolutely fundie, as is his father's.

Also in the last thread, the book was identified as God's Woman by C.R. Nichol, published 1938. Vintage books as wedding decorations are a very pinterest-y, in thing. 

ETA: Just kidding! It was @Palimpsest but the others made good points as well.

Er, yes.  I did go on with some prolixity and verbosity about what constituted Fundie-ism in the last thread.  :lol: I certainly wasn't the only one to do so though.  Thank the FSM!

1 hour ago, Carol said:

My use of the word fundie was a poor choice.  I should have said, "He's not a crazy nutjob JB fundie, wasn't raised to be crazy nutjob JB fundie and will never be crazy nutjob JB fundie despite what he said in the courtship".  

Seriously, I don't see him in the same light as I see the Duggars.  I could be wrong.   After all, I thought Hillary was going to be our next president. 

Actually Jeremy was raised to be a Fundie - but of a slightly different flavor.  See Daddy Chuck Vuolo's very Fundie resume, the way his wife dresses not withstanding.  Jeremy sowed a few minor wild oats and returned to the Fundie fold full of repentance and judgement.  It looks as though brother Chuck Vuolo and the sister have somewhat escaped Fundie-ism, but Jeremy is back with bells on.

I too thought Hillary was going to be the next president.  I do think you are wrong here, however.  Just listen to a few of dear Jeremy's sermons and tell me he is not a Fundie and a hating nutjob of a type very similar to JB Duggar.  He's just better educated and well traveled is all.  That makes him more dangerous than JB who is both stupid and ignorant.

The Duggars are in a league of their own in certain ways. But Jeremy's creep factor will always be there now that I heard that "Defiling the marriage bed" comment. Ick! 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived