IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Jill's dress color is jarringly bright and Spring like among the other fall colors.  Jana's doesn't particularly go either but if Jill had done the same blue it would have blended in. 

I actually really don't like the bright red dress (jenny Hartano?) . I think when you look at it next to the other similarly hued colors (magenta, wine, etc) it looks just as out of place as Jill's lavender. Jana's actually looks more like a slate blue here which I think fits in. But her dress has looked three different colors to me in three different pictures, so wondering how it will come across on film.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I see the full collection of BM dresses, I am so confused. I love most of the colors there ....... on their own....... But put lavender, red (my fave), fuschia, rust and silver blue (I honestly think that's what Jana is wearing)  and it looks like they just grabbed anything that was in that dress's style, matching be damned. In my mild OCD-ness, I would have gone nuts.  Guess it kind goes with her brothers' outfits, who look like they just ran off the street and into the church. They stick out like a sore thumb.

OK, I'm a bit jealous of Jinger's dress. Sigh. But a 13 foot train -- don't drink anything! And you know, I'm thrilled she wore those heels. Finally, a bit of a spark that we expect from her!

And Meechelle's dress was actually very nice! The color was very attractive on her, even if she DID match Jim Boob. At least it wasn't the Tin Man or anything lime green.

A naked cake???? NIKE!!!!!!!!!!!! But the setting of the reception looked really neat. Very earthy and pretty dang cool. My friend who got married in Sept. had a similar theme with books and libraries and vintage-ish type stuff. It was nice.

1 hour ago, yeahtotally said:

So apparently inside of Jeremy's church in Laredo, there is a pregnancy center (Grace Pregnancy Center operated by Grace Community Church). Wonder if Jinger will spend time volunteering there?

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Yes, in the episode of "Counting On" where Jinger visited Laredo, Jeremy showed her the little room that serves as the crisis pregnancy center, and she said she was hoping to get involved in it.

The wedding was much nicer than I expected from the Duggars. Jinger has a strong visual sense and Jeremy appears to as well (proposal sneakers notwithstanding). I'm sure his family influenced the wedding too.

1 hour ago, yeahtotally said:

I think that video was taken the day after the wedding. When she turns to the side her hair looks like "post prom hair" with bobby pins and hairspray still in it. 

That was my thought. I don't think there are bobby pins in it, but it does look like the back is still trying to hold whatever style it was in. 

7 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I don't understand naked cakes. I thought the whole point of cake is the frosting!

Naked cakes tend to have a pretty, vintage look to them, so visually I get it. But I agree, I like my cakes smothered with a healthy layer of buttercream.

52 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

ETA:  I would like to know what happens during post abortion counseling. I hope it's not just one huge guilt trip.

It most indubitably is precisely that.

13 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I don't understand naked cakes. I thought the whole point of cake is the frosting!

The whole point of the cake is frosting and as much as you can get! ;) 

3 hours ago, yeahtotally said:

First time poster here! I apologize if this has been brought up in the past... but with so much talk about Jinger and what her role in Laredo would be, I wanted to learn more about Jeremy's mother.

Did you know she was a professional musician and is now the founder and executive director of a  non profit? http://www.swan4kids.org/about/ The non profit is an organization that provides children with incarcerated parents the opportunity to study music.  They provide musical instruments and lessons. At one point, Jeremy's mother was putting in 60-70 hrs a week before they got enough funds to hire an office assistant to help with the day to day work of the organization. 

I think this is promising? Like others have posted, I would love to see Jinger enroll in some classes (photography or art) and use her skills for good (in the workplace or as a way to give back like Jeremy's mother).

IDK, Cathy, Derick's mom, is college educated and employed. I guess the fact that Izzy will be the first Duggar to reach the age of 2 years without having a sibling is a BIG deal.

It seems with these males, they quickly consume JB's BS Koolade.

24 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I HATE frosting. Like, forced my mom to leave unfrosted cupcakes and/or smearing perfectly good cupcakes against a napkin to get the icing off my whole life. Naked cakes are perfect. 

People just added all the photos in HD to the article. It looks like we have the naked cake, the cupcake table with pumpkin, chocolate, and cranberry flavors, and a coffee bean goody bag table. Those goodies say "The Perfect Blend" on them. I knew she would incorporate coffee somehow!

jinger-duggar-4.jpg

jinger-duggar-10.jpg

jinger-duggar-9.jpg

1 hour ago, Kira said:

Really? Have you seen Jeremy's(and Chuck's) views on homosexuality. They want to "cure" gays. I'm sure the Vuolos are happy Michael Pence is in the White House :my_rolleyes:.

On a lighter note, don't we get tired of being wrong :pb_lol:

"College educated Derick and his working, pants wearing mother  will save Jill"

"Jessa just wants to marry to get away from the TTH. The Seewald will be using birth control"

I could use a million other examples of other families. We predict every fundie couple will stop after 2 or 3 kids. I'm not saying there isn't any hope for anyone in fundieland, I just need evidence.

When they have to support those kids on salaries that correspond to their skill, experience and education levels, the numbers will  dwindle. As long as JB supports them and provides homes, cars and unlimited  babysitting services this topic is moot.

Okay - I missed all of these threads since Sat. morning, but looked at the People article. 

BeAUTIFUL! Especially for a Duggar wedding. Someone put their foot down and said, "I want..."

Jinger had a great dress. I'm not sure about the brides maids.  I see what they were going for, but I think they missed. The tones should've been the same. I don't know if I'm using the right word. But some dresses looked brighter than others. 

Every time there's talk about Jeremy and his soccer, in my mind I go, "I bet my husband could beat your husband!"  I'd love to see that match. My husband really could beat him. 

7 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Naked cakes are perfect. 

Naked cakes look a bit  ... naked ... to me.  And, in this case, the jam (preserves, berries, whatever) look as though they are bleeding.  Thank goodness for the fruit and flowers concealing the seepage!

Presented with a frosted cake, one can always scrape off the frosting and leave it on the plate.

MMV on all of the above.  Jinger's wedding cake was very Pinteresque and perhaps she doesn't like frosting.  Power to her.

Full disclosure, my wedding cake was a tower of profiteroles.  I was way ahead of my time.  And I'm sure I was criticized for it too.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I had carrot cake with cream cheese frosting at my wedding (1983)-

The naked cake above is not very aesthetically pleasing-

The bridesmaid dresses are just too disjointed. I think you could do the three shades of tan together with one of the reds and it would be autumn colors pretty -- but you can't have both JHartano's red *and* Anna's red in the same scheme. Or you could put Hannie/Jill/Jana together in their pastels/lighter colors. I agree with Jana's dress looking silvery blue in the HD photos. Then you're left with Jessa's bright plum, Jeremy's sister's maroon, and one of red dresses, which clash terribly together. As it is, they all seem to clash to me. :-\ 

4 minutes ago, halcionne said:

I think the cake is really pretty

But it would be prettier (and yummier) if it weren't naked.

I think it looks just right for me. A little frosting, not very much. Interesting fruity filling. It looks like it might actually taste good, instead of like wedding cake. ;-)

2 hours ago, halcionne said:

I haven't checked in here for 24 hours and I just remembered the ombre effect that somebody had cobbled together as candids became available. That would've looked nice. Now I need to go back and look at all of the pictures I missed!

That was me! I knew some girls were missing, but now i'm a tad disappointed the ombre order doesn't quite work out.  

2 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Didn't someone say its starting to get hot in Australia? Jeremy's pullover and the background looked more like AR to me.  So...they're certainly enjoying those few days alone lol

Currently it's:

23 Celsius/ 73 Fahrenheit in Sydney

19 Celsius/ 66 Fahrenheit  in Melbourne

29 Celsius/84 Fahrenheit in Brisbane

19 Celsius/ 66 Fahrenheit  in Auckland

It's a heatwave up in Queensland, but the weather further south hasn't been great (Rainy, cooler weather). However looking at the background it doesn't look particularly Aussie or Kiwi. I'd say, at the very least, they stayed to vote in the election and sort a few things out before going off for several weeks.

Just now, SassyPants said:

I had carrot cake with cream cheese frosting at my wedding (1983)-

The naked cake above is not very aesthetically pleasing-

Disagree with you on the naked cake, but carrot cake is the best!  Probably the secret to a long marriage.

Does anyone else feel annoyed that the people on the left are shorter than the people on the right? This picture makes me feel lopsided like I'm tilting.

jinger-duggar-6.jpg

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived