IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

4 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

The happy couple posted a message on their web site about how much they're enjoying the honeymoon. Jinger's sporting some messy bed hair, lol.

Oh my Thor when Jinger turned I thought she had dreads for a moment. Certainly not godly on a young woman.. lol

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That dress is defintely her best, I'm actually a huge fan.

And those stares will forever bother me, and just sad how conditioned and trained you get to do it.

3 minutes ago, Escapefromfundiedom said:

Ok, I *KNOW* it's also a Gothard thing and Michelle and Jimboob are especially creepy about it...but in Jinger's defense, knowing where to look when you're filming is a LOT more awkward than you'd expect.  I am currently trying to record a video with my hubs for a project we're doing and it feels so strange staring at the camera when he's talking, an also strange smiling at him...there's really  nothing good to do. Or so it feels while recording.

Have to disagree. For a normal person, yes. Jinger has been on TV for years doing talking heads where she llooked right into the camera while someone else was speaking. I've been in the industry, the camera becomes second nature really quickly. She's just doing the Gothard bullshit. She did it during the 'Jinger Courting' episode too even when they didn't have to wonder about whether to look into the camera or not.

42 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Please don't lynch me, but zoomed in, I like Michelle's dress

Screenshot_2016-11-10-20-13-43.png

Best MOB look so far! For snarking  purposes though, she looks like she has to go potty in this pic. 

4 hours ago, Kira said:

Really? Have you seen Jeremy's(and Chuck's) views on homosexuality. They want to "cure" gays. I'm sure the Vuolos are happy Michael Pence is in the White House :my_rolleyes:.

On a lighter note, don't we get tired of being wrong :pb_lol:

"College educated Derick and his working, pants wearing mother  will save Jill"

"Jessa just wants to marry to get away from the TTH. The Seewald will be using birth control"

I could use a million other examples of other families. We predict every fundie couple will stop after 2 or 3 kids. I'm not saying there isn't any hope for anyone in fundieland, I just need evidence.

jessa it seems is spending more time than ever at tth 

Would it kill Mee to just put her hair up!  She needs to change her "look" a bit for her daughters wedding.  An updo would at least have been different.

I hate to admit this...but I like her dress.

(see.....I can be nice!   Lol)

1 hour ago, Shadoewolf said:

Please don't lynch me, but zoomed in, I like Michelle's dress

Screenshot_2016-11-10-20-13-43.png

Does Michelle not wear a wedding ring/band?

Bow ties and suspenders (braces), have the boys been watching Dr. Who?

Wasn't that what they wore for Benessa's wedding?

8 minutes ago, sansan said:

Does Michelle not wear a wedding ring/band?

Good catch. I wonder why she isn't wearing a wedding band or her monstrosity of a mother's ring. 

6 minutes ago, nst said:

jessa it seems is spending more time than ever at tth 

I wonder how much Jinger's leaving will affect Jessa? When Jessa married she was the one getting the attention, the star of the family. She could still deign to spend time with her unmarried sister, and Jinger came in handy, along with her other unmarried sisters, when Spurgeon (I still cringe) came along. Now, Jinger's life is beginning, and, compared to her sister's situation, it looks auspicious.

Jinger is not marrying a teenager, and she will have a place in her husband's church, where I assume she will have respect, especially if she volunteers and is approachable. They won't be living in a home gifted/grifted from her dad, her husband is a true preacher, not a wanna-be rapper with ecclesiastic aspirations.

She gets to live in a new city and do new things--she has left the farm, so to speak, while Jessa is still tethered to her family. Her husband is her father's glorified errand boy, and they will soon outgrow the mold house. I'm sure she is happy for her sister, but surely Jessa has had to compare the different paths they are now on. I'm not saying Jinger and Jeremy will be completely free of Jim Bob's reach, but they won't be local, and that should make a difference.

I don't know what Jeremy is like behind closed doors, but hopefully Jinger chose well, not just because she wanted out, but because there is really something there between the two of them. She'll still have constraints, but I hope she can take advantage of whatever freedoms she can beg, borrow or steal as a married woman in that lifestyle.

To me, Jinger has always seemed like Jessa'a shadow, and I'd love to see her come into her own and live the hell out of life.

Another suspicious timeline discrepancy in Jingermy's relationship: http://people.com/tv/jessa-seewald-played-matchmaker-for-jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo/. I'm starting to think the televised courtship proposal was staged and they had actually already been together for a couple of months secretly. That's probably why they aren't telling us when they actually started courting.

Per the discussion about the bridesmaids colors being so poorly matched, I attempted to ombre the whole batch...and failed. Given how much they were leaning in on each other I just took snippets of their skirts to see if I could make the colors blend, but I just can't even begin to find a way to make them transition at all smoothly. The two red dresses are ALMOST the same color, but not quite. And then there's such a range of warm tones, cool tones, and then Hannie, Jill, and Jana. They're all generally fairly pretty individually, and they make for an interesting group shot, but tone and hue wise they're ALL over the map. 

Ombre Attempt.JPG

It makes me sick to think Jinger will be involved in guilting women into not having an abortion and carrying to term in order to put their baby up for adoption. Because that's the godly thing to do. And abortion is exactly the same as taking a gun and murdering a baby and you will go to hell.

I once attended a church much like Jeremy's - I don't know that I was every truly fundy-lite, but I definitely was in the mix! (Most of the church was full on fundy, and I never truly fit in - as even at the height of my religious kick? I was still pretty liberal. I never told anyone I was actually pro-choice, or that I occasionally partook in Alcohol. I wouldn't risk that ostracizing when they were already annoyed with me for doubting that the rapture was just around the corner!)

But within that church? Our pastors wife was much like Jinger - absolutely adored her husband no matter what. And the women (young and old) all adored how obedient she was to her husband and to God. Going to coffee with her was much like going to coffee with a huge celebrity. So I imagine Jinge will be just fine in her role.

Just got back from work. I'm half sad for Jinger becoming another fundie broodmare, and half stealing all of her wedding decor, dress included. And the shoes. Especially the shoes.

1 hour ago, Mrs.Right said:

Best MOB look so far! For snarking  purposes though, she looks like she has to go potty in this pic. 

Well, her pelvic floor muscles probably said "screw you guys, I'm goin' home" like 6 pregnancies ago, so you're probably not wrong.

22 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Another suspicious timeline discrepancy in Jingermy's relationship: http://people.com/tv/jessa-seewald-played-matchmaker-for-jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo/. I'm starting to think the televised courtship proposal was staged and they had actually already been together for a couple of months secretly. That's probably why they aren't telling us when they actually started courting.

I find it strange how Jim Bob was not really involved in the initial stages. I thought courtship was all about the guy talking to the father first? This is Jim Bob's job to be "in charge" of courtship and marriage for his property--- er, I mean daughters. But I'm going to call it like I see it: Jessa did this because she had no one to talk to about sex tips, marriage, etc. I bet she wants to talk about her experiences, etc. Obviously, she doesn't want to talk to her mom!! And Jill is in another country where the water and power get disconnected regularly. 

So, Jessa takes charge and sets up a relationship for her sister. I bet she can't wait for Jing to settle down from her honeymoon so they can hang out! 100% I bet next season of Counting On will include Jessa and Ben staying with Jinger and Jeremy in their apartment in Texas.. I can totally see them vacationing together and traveling together as a group  (and their kids).

And also I bet Jill and Jessa  (maybe Anna) advised Jinger about what to expect on her wedding night. I think Michelle talked to her 1-on-1. 

After a few years of Jinger and her husband living in Texas, I can totally see Jessa getting restless. She'd probably have 3 kids and one on the way, but she will be begging Ben, no, demanding Ben to buy  bigger house and move out of city she was raised in. Well actually, she will be begging Jim Bob for an upgrade. She might encourage Ben to open up a church as well, esp since Jeremy has a church.

40 minutes ago, Season of life... said:

I wonder how much Jinger's leaving will affect Jessa? When Jessa married she was the one getting the attention, the star of the family. She could still deign to spend time with her unmarried sister, and Jinger came in handy, along with her other unmarried sisters, when Spurgeon (I still cringe) came along. Now, Jinger's life is beginning, and, compared to her sister's situation, it looks auspicious.

Jinger is not marrying a teenager, and she will have a place in her husband's church, where I assume she will have respect, especially if she volunteers and is approachable. They won't be living in a home gifted/grifted from her dad, her husband is a true preacher, not a wanna-be rapper with ecclesiastic aspirations.

She gets to live in a new city and do new things--she has left the farm, so to speak, while Jessa is still tethered to her family. Her husband is her father's glorified errand boy, and they will soon outgrow the mold house. I'm sure she is happy for her sister, but surely Jessa has had to compare the different paths they are now on. I'm not saying Jinger and Jeremy will be completely free of Jim Bob's reach, but they won't be local, and that should make a difference.

I don't know what Jeremy is like behind closed doors, but hopefully Jinger chose well, not just because she wanted out, but because there is really something there between the two of them. She'll still have constraints, but I hope she can take advantage of whatever freedoms she can beg, borrow or steal as a married woman in that lifestyle.

To me, Jinger has always seemed like Jessa'a shadow, and I'd love to see her come into her own and live the hell out of life.

now not only is jinger leaving - jessa has to do do her work apparently.  hence the xmas cards and everything else she will mention soon. 

and for jessa that is daunting because all she does usually is put her feet up. 

jessa wants to be tethered to her family - she made sure of it - and now with all her videos and pictures at tth - she ain't leaving  - i don't think she is upset jinge is married - she is just upset that she is so far away.  

I doubt Jessa will allow Jinge to come out of her shadow if they were still entwined and jinge didn't run away 

40 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

i have been saying the proposal was staged for weeks - oh you mean the courtship proposal - I am betting that too. 

especially with what we are seeing now with the wedding and stuff.

Jeremy is a different fish just in the same cloth 

I honestly feel (like 90% sure) that sooner, rather than later, Ben and Jessa will move close to Jinger and Jeremy.

One, they're besties!!11!1!!

Two, Jeremy's church is the only place that would ever hire Ben as an interim minister (if he finishes his online degree).  I think he'd actually like being a youth pastor, with a sideline as an assistant football coach.  Maybe they'd have a church league and compete against other churches (especially the local Catholic ones - "WIN FOR JESUS!!")

. . . Jessa will say it's not them mooching off their church, that it's just: "Jinger needed family close by to help with her upcoming blessings, and it's such a blessing for us to be able to be near her, blahblahblahblah."

^ JimBob will buy the apartment complex that Jeremy lives in as an "investment", so neither women have to worry about rent, so long their expanding their brood.

. . . I'm counting down the days to all the above happens!

Best Duggar wedding so far! An elegant bride. Colorful dresses and real food. Don't forget that cake! A "naked" cake. Now I wonder whose idea it was to get a "naked" cake? Wait was that a JAG they drove off in? Who was the black girl? Didn't know the Duggars had black friends. Very interesting. Sorry for all the run on sentences. 

27 minutes ago, eye_browz said:

I find it strange how Jim Bob was not really involved in the initial stages. I thought courtship was all about the guy talking to the father first? This is Jim Bob's job to be "in charge" of courtship and marriage for his property--- er, I mean daughters. But I'm going to call it like I see it: Jessa did this because she had no one to talk to about sex tips, marriage, etc. I bet she wants to talk about her experiences, etc. Obviously, she doesn't want to talk to her mom!! And Jill is in another country where the water and power get disconnected regularly. 

The story in the article is slightly different than the one Jeremy told in the blog.  While Jessa and Ben met Jeremy first,  Jeremy met the entire family when he went to visit Benessa.  He visited a few more times and got to know all of them.  When it became clear to him that he had an interest in Jinger he did go to JB and asked him if he could get to know her better.  JB was very much involved but it's a much more relatable article when it's the sister that's instrumental in hooking them up.

6 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Best Duggar wedding so far! An elegant bride. Colorful dresses and real food. Don't forget that cake! A "naked" cake. Now I wonder whose idea it was to get a "naked" cake? Wait was that a JAG they drove off in? Who was the black girl? Didn't know the Duggars had black friends. Very interesting. Sorry for all the run on sentences. 

There had to be some influence from TLC.  No buying used and saving the difference.

The problem with naked cakes is that icing acts like a ziplock bag. It keeps the moisture in the cake. So that cake had to be made that morning and not allowed in any heat. Because it could easily lose moisture. And no one wants a dry cake at a wedding where there's also no dinner, drinking, or dancing.

2 hours ago, withaj said:

It certainly blows the other MOB dresses out of the water. Ugh, that awful tiered thing -- this looks very nice.

Definitely the best of her dresses. I like the cut of the sleeves and the neckline and it's a nice color on her. Hopefully the skirt if floor length and doesn't end at some weird length. 

And superficial snark, but why is her corsage nearly up to her elbow? Just jumped out at me.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived