IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

So apparently inside of Jeremy's church in Laredo, there is a pregnancy center (Grace Pregnancy Center operated by Grace Community Church). Wonder if Jinger will spend time volunteering there?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

The happy couple posted a message on their web site about how much they're enjoying the honeymoon. Jinger's sporting some messy bed hair, lol.

what happened to her hair?

1 minute ago, eveandadam said:

I've noticed her hair looking a bit off, lately, myself. I'm thinking it's much finer than one would think, and that the curls hide that fact (my hair is very much the same). 

Also, she needs more practice with the flatiron, imo.

10 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

She's not used to doing it herself? Maybe. What I mean by that is that when I was in university, I had friends help me get the back and make sure it was good. Jana or Joy might have done the same for Jinger. 

I know, I know, we are talking about the Duggars, but... it is utterly ridiculous and pompous to post a video like that on your honeymoon. 

4 minutes ago, yeahtotally said:

So apparently inside of Jeremy's church in Laredo, there is a pregnancy center (Grace Pregnancy Center operated by Grace Community Church). Wonder if Jinger will spend time volunteering there?

I would like to hear more about this. I looked up the San Antonio church that Jeremy's church sprang from, and it's a storefront church as well. With something like four or six pastors and a boatload of deacons, which doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe the address on the website isn't current?

I think that video was taken the day after the wedding. When she turns to the side her hair looks like "post prom hair" with bobby pins and hairspray still in it. 

6 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Paused at the :07 mark, it looks like the back is dreads. I think that she doesn't know how to do her own hair, and the hubby isn't letting her spend 2 hours to get ready.

32 minutes ago, Carol said:

My use of the word fundie was a poor choice.  I should have said, "He's not a crazy nutjob JB fundie, wasn't raised to be crazy nutjob JB fundie and will never be crazy nutjob JB fundie despite what he said in the courtship".  

Seriously, I don't see him in the same light as I see the Duggars.  I could be wrong.   After all, I thought Hillary was going to be our next president. 

Really? Have you seen Jeremy's(and Chuck's) views on homosexuality. They want to "cure" gays. I'm sure the Vuolos are happy Michael Pence is in the White House :my_rolleyes:.

On a lighter note, don't we get tired of being wrong :pb_lol:

"College educated Derick and his working, pants wearing mother  will save Jill"

"Jessa just wants to marry to get away from the TTH. The Seewald will be using birth control"

I could use a million other examples of other families. We predict every fundie couple will stop after 2 or 3 kids. I'm not saying there isn't any hope for anyone in fundieland, I just need evidence.

Here are my thoughts.
Jeremy is his own man.  I think he appeared to go along with what Jim Bob wanted largely because he wanted to marry Ginger.  He's not from Hickville AK, he's from NYC and he's sophisticated, has good taste, shows an interest in things outside of religion, has traveled, appears to have an OK  mind about people who are different from him.  He's not fundie, wasn't raised to be fundie and will never be fundie despite what he said in the courtship.  If what was written above about his mother is true, he has a strong mother figure, not a cowering, adoring simpleton without a backbone.
I don't think he wants a wife who dresses in frumpers, has curly long hair sprayed to within an inch of it's life and who buys second hand everything because she doesn't think she's good enough for anything unused.  I think he wants a wife who compliments him and will look good standing next to him.  I'm not sure he wants a Joel Osteen ministry but I think he wants something similarly successful.  I don't think he wants 18 kids because I think he's got his feet on the ground regarding what kids cost and what it takes to maintain his lifestyle.  He's lived in the real world, not Duggerland, where everything is controlled by JB.
Much of what I wrote above makes him seem shallow.  I don't think he is the deepest thinker but I do think the JB lifestyle is out of the picture.  IMO he wants a happy wife and happy family and I think he'll teach Ginger that how she dresses, whether she travels alone or with a chaperone, whether she speaks her mind, whether she has a job, whether she is a baby factory...has nothing to do with whether she loves god.  I'm not saying it will come overnight but I expect to see a decline in the JB indoctrination within a year.

How about "God's Wombiest?"

I suspect that they will be like many of the fundies I work with and know. They are the dangerous ones, because they appear VERY normal.

(Even to the point of the occasional *gasp* secular movie - albeit watched through vidangel so they miss anything inappropriate.)

I even know of two families who allow the wives to work (one in a church, one in a local coffee shop - I assume similar to the Tacos 4 Life place - extremely Christian)

But they are VERY fundamental Christian - right down to the ATI SOTDRT.

About bridesmaid's dresses - you are wrong, all of you. Colors are different, because Jinger loves DIVERSITY

About Jinger's hair - video was made day after the wedding

From what I've seen, Jinger has never been very good with a flat iron. Her hair also seems thin compared to her sisters, and isn't it naturally much curlier than theirs? I think she has to put more effort into her hair than the other girls do and she hasn't quite figured out how to style it properly.

ETA: After seeing the back of her head in that video, it doesn't look like she even ran a comb or brush though it. Maybe they did just get out of bed (minds out of the gutter!!)

16 minutes ago, yeahtotally said:

Ok that's scary. Is it a crisis pregnancy center where they guilt you into not getting an abortion and push for adoption instead? 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok that's scary. Is it a crisis pregnancy center where they guilt you into not getting an abortion and push for adoption instead? 

Just looked up the website. Of course they offer adoption referrals, but supposedly they also offer post abortion counseling. They also have Abstinence and STD education. No mention of birth control though.

Does anyone know what "Life Affirming Options" are? It's listed as one of their services.

ETA:  I would like to know what happens during post abortion counseling. I hope it's not just one huge guilt trip.

I'm sure it is...

I just texted my colleague whose wife is the current president of our local crisis pregnancy center under the guise of needing to find a "good one" in the Laredo area....

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Disclaimer: I'm all for women's care centers (even those that do not offer abortions); however, any clinic that is operated under a church that asks women to submit to their husbands is not helping women. 

Highlights from the website include: 

"Faithfully sharing the gospel with every client."

and my favorite:

"Our staff is made up of volunteers with various training and backgrounds to meet the needs of our center."

^This screams to me: We don't need actual credentials, because Jebus. 

From their About Us page:

About Us:

Grace Pregnancy Center is a Christ-centered, non-profit ministry dedicated to:

Faithfully sharing the gospel with every client

Protecting the unborn and promoting life affirming choices  

Providing counseling for those facing crisis pregnancies, abuse of any kind, post abortion trauma, and family counseling 

Educating, encouraging, and helping the community with our services and classes

Promoting sexual abstinence until marriage

Offering hope, healing , and love to hurting women through God's word

They also have videos that I did not watch with titles like "The chilling truth about abortion in 6 mins" and "Who is in my womb?"

1 minute ago, VineHeart137 said:

They also have videos that I did not watch with titles like "The chilling truth about abortion in 6 mins" and "Who is in my womb?"

My God. That sounds like a horror movie.......

:brainbleach:

8 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I would hope that your baby is in your womb...

18 minutes ago, Kira said:

We predict every fundie couple will stop after 2 or 3 kids. I'm not saying there isn't any hope for anyone in fundieland, I just need evidence.

Well, some of us don't predict that they will stop the quiverful stuff and the Fundie beliefs because we realize that 2nd (and 3rd) generation Fundie couples have a lot of cult indoctrination to overcome.  We get criticism for being party poopers over that from the optimists.

Yes, some of us are far more optimistic and, I'm afraid, tend to get our over-optimistic hopes cruelly dashed.

Evidence of escaping Fundie-ism?  There is some.  Recovering Grace gives a very good picture of those who have survived and left IBLP.  They may still identify as Christian but have left the cult.

Of other Fundies - there are quite a few.  The first that come to mind are Cynthia Jeub and Alicia Faith Pennington.  They are stellar examples of young women who have escaped - and they both did it without marriage.  They are incredibly brave young women who didn't wait to be rescued by a man.

From the Grace Pregnancy Center Facebook page. Dated June 23rd.

There are also pics of JB playing basketball for those that are interested. :my_cry:

13494942_604329489748983_7484572833845696869_n.jpg

The dresses look lovely. I particularly like the red one Jennifer Hartono is wearing... but then red is my favourite colour. I also like the dusky pink Hannie's wearing. Being a redhead myself, though, I don't know how well I'd pull those colours off. I'm not a bright almost orange redhead (a la Rupert Grint style) but more of a darker auburn-y colour. 

I don't think they'll go any less fundie. But any escape from the TTH is good, even if it is through marriage. Jessa still lives in Arkansas, Jill I have no clue about- I highly doubt they'll move permanently to El Salvador, they may go back a few more times but once Jill has a small army of kids (which will happen, let's be honest) she may want to live permanently in the US where sister aunts can help out more easily and also to be nearer family in general. Jinger has moved to a different state, and Jeremy has his own job without being under the yoke of Boob. 

30 minutes ago, Kira said:

Really? Have you seen Jeremy's(and Chuck's) views on homosexuality. They want to "cure" gays. I'm sure the Vuolos are happy Michael Pence is in the White House :my_rolleyes:.

On a lighter note, don't we get tired of being wrong :pb_lol:

"College educated Derick and his working, pants wearing mother  will save Jill"

"Jessa just wants to marry to get away from the TTH. The Seewald will be using birth control"

I could use a million other examples of other families. We predict every fundie couple will stop after 2 or 3 kids. I'm not saying there isn't any hope for anyone in fundieland, I just need evidence.

What's that saying 'hope dies last'?  I'm hoping they'll change but not holding my breath. But it would be nice.  Then they can start shaking off those hateful beliefs when they don't have a dozen screaming kids demanding attention and have some time to reflect.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived