IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- Hey baaaaabe, I think I wanna marry you

samurai_sarah

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Lurky said:
I think protesting would be a bad idea, but bear in mind Jeremy actively wants to prevent gay marriage, and get people like me "converted", he's not exactly the innocent Jinger is.

I don't disagree but there are times and places, and their wedding ain't it. Edit: I don't see it as any different from the mindboggling RAGE I would have if someone decided to protest my bff's wedding because he was marrying a man. There are times and places for disagreement, but civility and good manners should rule the day. If someone wanted to protest them at a different time and place, I'd be on board. Hell, I'd help make the signs.

That said conversion "therapy" is fucking evil and why isn't it illegal yet?

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Jessa's started an hour late.  Hopefully this one started on time.  Hopefully for the guests. :)

That crap makes me SUPER ragey. My wedding started within 5 minutes of scheduled time, and I was embarrassed that it was even 5 minutes late. It's rude as all hell to invite people to something and not have it start on time.

........I may or may not be obsessively punctual.

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Jessa's started an hour late.  Hopefully this one started on time.  Hopefully for the guests. :)

Can you just imagine Jill Rodrigues offering her family to sing while they wait for Jinger to arrive????  I am so excited for peak-Jill moments that I have had to open the cava!  (So sad they're on the road for about 6 weeks after this, but I'm hopeful JRod will find some wifi so she can upload her triumphs ASAP)

I wish John Brown U had webcams online!  Is it sad that I would watch any part of this online?  For Jinger's sake I hope her wedding is all she hopes it to be.

But I still hope there are things to snark at...and I know there will be.

7 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

That would make me rage! There's no reason to be that late for your own wedding. It's rude to expect your guests to be on time but show up that late yourself. 

Not wanting this to touch off into family's who kiss on the mouth vs those who find that strange, but w the Duggars not being a kissy family....I think that first kiss is infinitely more awkward.  My family is a kiss you on the mouth family...I'm 42 and I kiss my siblings and parents and even aunts and (when they were alive) grandparents on the mouth.   My first kiss wasn't terribly awkward, cause I knew the way kisses went....well, till the whole tongue thing, lol.  (Though brother and I stuck out our tongues and touched the tips of them when we were like 7 and 4, lol.....and THAT was the end of THAT!)  But to not have the normal affection from family members (beyond being a kissy family...even into hugging, arms around ea other, hand holding)....I just feel that could  stunt their marital affection.  And yes, make that first kiss odd.  

The title of an Inquisitr article from 12 hours ago cracked me the hell up just now....

"Jessa Duggar Seewald's husband calls her names for her birthday, Jinger Duggar's wedding overshadows special day."

haha, Blessa probably wouldn't be happy about that 

My bridesmaid guesses: Jill, Jessa (as MOH), Joy, Anna, Jana, and one of the younger girls.

My groomsmen guesses: Ben, his brother, and actual friends.

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

That crap makes me SUPER ragey. My wedding started within 5 minutes of scheduled time, and I was embarrassed that it was even 5 minutes late. It's rude as all hell to invite people to something and not have it start on time.

........I may or may not be obsessively punctual.

I agree.  Especially bad considering Jessa's guests waited outside in cold weather.  I think it probably had more to do with the TV crew setting up than the Duggar's perpetual lateness.  Still really inconsiderate.

Ughhh last Saturday when we thought the wedding would possibly be that day I had to work in the afternoon (delivering pizza-yes it's awesome). I was so ridiculous I was checking this thread while waiting at stoplights only to find out there was no wedding. Now it's Saturday again and I have to work 3-8 central, right during motherfucking prime time for this shindig. And it will probably be busy as hell in the pizza business (Nebraska-football day). Yes I will make $100 in tips  but is worth it? 

10 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Why do we think the wedding was at 2 again?

I saw it on an older woman's fb who works at JBU. I wanna say she posted it on Thursday. I'm not comfortable publically posting it here but can message you if you'd like? IMO, a lot of users on fb don't seem to understand the reach of public posts and I try to keep that in mind.

37 minutes ago, CatsRevenge said:

I'm so happy to be here with you all to celebrate this momentous occasion!  I think both Jinger and Jeremy will have a hard time saying their vows through all their tears.  Seriously though, I really hope it's a fantastic day for Jinger and all goes well at the wedding and tonight (gag). 

I have grossed myself out......Is it too early for wine?  

Off topic....I love your avatar!

4 hours ago, SunnySideUp said:

She probably doesn't know what they are, but would know enough to know something wasn't right.

As much as I want a couple of these kids to get married and wait a few years to have kids, I don't think that's super feasible. The best course of action for them is probably to have one or two right away, when the attention is on them, then slowly sink out of the spotlight and go on birth control. Anna and Jill both mentioned the Duggar sisters hounding them about taking pregnancy tests in the first couple months of marriage, and it will be brought up on the show all the time. But, if Josh-gate hadn't happened, would we care whether or not Anna is expecting? Probably not. The M-kids are old news now and the focus has shifted to the newly-married ones.

I think this is spot on. A coupla kids right away and then experience some "unexplained secondary infertility" and spread them out multiple years apart...I bet a lot of these Duggar girls will end up having 4-7 kids. 

3 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

Ughhh last Saturday when we thought the wedding would possibly be that day I had to work in the afternoon (delivering pizza-yes it's awesome). I was so ridiculous I was checking this thread while waiting at stoplights only to find out there was no wedding. Now it's Saturday again and I have to work 3-8 central, right during motherfucking prime time for this shindig. And it will probably be busy as hell in the pizza business (Nebraska-football day). Yes I will make $100 in tips  but is worth it? 

Heck ya that $100 is worth it.

Just don't text and drive, it's dangerous. Promise me. 

3 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

I saw it on an older woman's fb who works at JBU. I wanna say she posted it on Thursday. I'm not comfortable publically posting it here but can message you if you'd like? IMO, a lot of users on fb don't seem to understand the reach of public posts and I try to keep that in mind.

No worries, I just missed it. :) Meanwhile I thought a Hartono had said 10AM somewhere, but clearly I just invented that... lol

from the duggar sister's twitter -- @duggarsisters

on the duggar famly website, they announced she's married! there's a video of JB and Michelle congratulating them but obviously no pics of the bride and groom 

1 minute ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

BOOM. Married.

Michelle always sounds like she just pounded half a bottle of wine, it really is unnerving 

So Michelle in Pink shirt and JimBob in blue ... Pastel theme ? 

Damn Jinger's mouth lost her virginity.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived