IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- Hey baaaaabe, I think I wanna marry you

samurai_sarah

7 hours ahead over here. It's around 6 PM and I have tons of things I should do, but hanging out here is more fun! I can't wait for the pictures :D 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Speaking of Sierra, what is the difference between a wedding planner and a wedding coordinator? 

Sounds like a business opportunity for JB Duggar. He will buy this for Joy or Jana. Jana could fill her ex tattoo parlor with it. Or: Joy is Sierra's assistant anyway, so she can do "that aspect" of decorating a wedding.

Edit: and it also sounds like Sierra is becoming overwhelmed with 5 little kids and probably one more on the way, which would be perfectly normal.

Not sure if the difference is that a wedding planner does all the work and you say yes or no on colours,  cake etc and a coordinator is just there/in charge of making sure the set up and the day go well?

Maybe Sierra is the latter and is running around today making sure Jinger's dress doesn't get coffee on it and the guests make it to the right outside place for seasonally inappropriate snacks?

12 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Speaking of Sierra, what is the difference between a wedding planner and a wedding coordinator? 

In my (limited) experience- with a wedding planner, you give them a very broad (or very detailed) vision of your wedding and they can then help you pick out everything from a wedding venue to wedding florists, caterer, furniture rentals, invitations... A wedding planner that I know has her own tables, linens, decorations, even her own staff to serve food. With a wedding coordinator you plan your own wedding but they help make sure the day runs smoothly. I think a coordinator would help you book those things and make sure everyone is doing their jobs but won't actually provide those services.

ugh, we're seven hours ahead (16:30 here now) . I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see pictures and probably have a thread and a half to catch up on!

32 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

They got engaged at the very end of July. So they really had closer to three months to plan the wedding. Which is likely enough time to plan a less formal wedding because there are less vendors to consider. They'd just need to nail down the important details (like the Church) quickly so they know exactly what date they're working with.

Again two things, back in the day when I was a young lady, there was articles about weddings and the perfect time period for engagements, it was between 3 to 6 months for an ideal period. If it was longer it said the more likely friction could arise with all the planning and discussions interrupting their true passion for each other. Did I say this was 44 years ago? In this day and age weddings are more of a production and not a celebration of a pair becoming a married couple. We cheated, became engaged at the very end of March and had a catered, Catholic Mass wedding in mid June. I was oblivious to the "June Bride" thingy.  The other thing is because it is wedding day and we are crazed thinking about it, I have to feel a little sorry for Jinger, moving away from her basic support group to be alone in Laredo. I just thought today, Jinger has probably NEVER been truly alone in a home/apartment ever. I know she can function one or two aisles over at a store but to be truly alone for periods of time might make her come unhinged, at least at first. Did I say I tend to create really long run-on sentences?

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

But isn't Sierra some super heroine that should be able to do ALL of it? :pb_lol:

She's probably sick of us bashing her wedding planning skills because of the Duggar wedding fiascoes. As a wedding coordinator she will no longer have responsibility for what happens. "It was the bride's vision, I'm just the coordinator making sure everyone is on time; she is the one who thought it was a good idea to serve melted root beer floats in the parking lot, not me!"

13 minutes ago, ladyaudley said:

ugh, we're seven hours ahead (16:30 here now) . I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see pictures and probably have a thread and a half to catch up on!

Wouldn't that be five hours ahead as it's currently 11:42 in Arkansas? Apologies if I have just got a little confused myself

Looks like the locals might get restless. Luckily it appears they have some security which is a good thing IMO. Jinger doesn't deserve that for a wedding day. 

IMG_3218.JPG

It must be pretty crap to have to worry about security on your wedding day.

And if people show up to ruin a wedding by protesting that's pretty crap too. Jinger and Jeremy haven't done anything to deserve that happening I don' think.

8 minutes ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

Looks like the locals might get restless. Sounds like they have some security which is good. Jinger doesn't deserve that for a wedding day. 

IMG_3218.JPG

While it would be shitty for people to ruin Jinger's big day, I really want a big Animal House-style wedding crash by a bunch of college students.

(Also, fun side story time: my university has an absolutely gorgeous library, and sometimes people like to hold their weddings or do their wedding photos there. One couple had the misfortune to schedule their wedding there on the day senior theses were due. Cue scores of blackout drunk seniors toasting them, high-fiving them, whooping like wild animals, and stumbling around, possibly ruining a few nice photos)

9 hours ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

I don't think their invitation has been posted, but I apogize if it was.

IMG_7541.PNG

I actually think this is really pretty.  If the wedding colors are based on this, then I was way off.  (Initially, I thought that green rectangle at the top was part of the invite and was like WTF, but now I realize it's a magnet clip.) 

1 minute ago, QuiverFullOfTacos said:

I actually think this is really pretty.  If the wedding colors are based on this, then I was way off.  (Initially, I thought that green rectangle at the top was part of the invite and was like WTF, but now I realize it's a magnet clip.) 

It was posted earlier. But who do you think created it: Josh or Jana?

They had security at both Jill and Jessa's weddings and I'm sure it is even more important now post-Joshly. 

On a happier note: I have fed the animals, chopped and stacked wood, got some chili in the slow cooker and house is tidy. I am officially locked and loaded for hardcore wedding watching today. I even let Mr. InCharge know what's up so he won't expect too much from me today. Let the snarkfest commence! 

I must be an asshole because I don't care about people protesting anything Duggar in the slightest. They've probably harassed countless people with their tracts lol.

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

:brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach:

oh my god, I don't want to think about it. I'm still thinking: poor Jinger, going form 0 to 100 in just a few hours, that can't be healthy.

I just hope that they take their time and maybe the 100 taking place in few weeks from now , not today.

Not to be crude, but in this particular case, I have the feeling the bride is already revving the gas pedal. In my opinion, Jinger and Jeremy seem to be pretty comfortable physically with one another, more so than some of the other fundie couples who have had a traditional courtship. 

Of course, there is no way of knowing for sure what's going on in her mind, and the perceived chemistry could be nothing more than brilliant editing by TLC along with my wishful thinking. 

I truly hope that this marriage will be all she has hoped for, in all aspects.

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

I must be an asshole because I don't care about people protesting anything Duggar in the slightest. They've probably harassed countless people with their tracts lol.

They probably have, but I wouldn't even protest an event by my most hated Westboro Baptist Church. I wouldn't feel I could highlight how shitty they are whilst doing the same thing as them. Others probably disagree with me but that's fine.

3 minutes ago, danni9242 said:

They probably have, but I wouldn't even protest an event by my most hated Westboro Baptist Church. I wouldn't feel I could highlight how shitty they are whilst doing the same thing as them. Others probably disagree with me but that's fine.

I agree completely with you. Sure the Duggars go out and protest and hand out tracts, that is what they do. What we should do is rise above that. They are shitty people but I don't think that someone should have their wedding protested. It's pretty much going to be the only time that it's going to be Allll About Jinger for her parents and family. So give her that. 

I don't have a problem with protesting the Duggars but I do have a problem with them protesting at the wedding. I just think it's an inappropriate situation to be doing that in and that even if they don't show the same courtesy i.e. protesting at PP centres, we should rise above that.

I was REALLY CONFUSED for a moment because I thought that facebook post about protesting the wedding was from Michelle Seewald, and I was wondering what the big drama was that we didn't know about! Looks like Guinn is the poster's last name, but it screamed SEEWALD at me.

They also have a daughter named Jessica who is nicknamed Jess, and Jessa Seewald is their daughter-in-law.

1 minute ago, crazysnark said:

I also think the Seewald's have a daughter named Michelle, which could add to the confusion ) 

Yep, that's why I said I thought it was from Michelle Seewald!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived