IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- Hey baaaaabe, I think I wanna marry you

samurai_sarah

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the thread title. Will now unfortunately have that song stuck in my head 

So she is getting married today, wow! I really thought it would be earlier but I'm crossing my fingers that they will have nice weather, and not as cold as Jessa's wedding.

And: I can't find the invitation anymore, did he delete it?

The registry for these clowns hasn't been found/linked has it?  I'd love to see how many thousands of dollars of stuff they registered for, especially if it's another huge wedding like it looks to be.

Cute invite.

I wonder if they're sticking with the tradition of wedding colours being invite colours.

If so, I'm betting on pink dresses and navy pants with pink ties.

35 minutes ago, Arix said:

I wonder if they're sticking with the tradition of wedding colours being invite colours.

If so, I'm betting on pink dresses and navy pants with pink ties.

From the invitation I would think that it's definately a floral theme. My guess on the weddings colors would be:

base colors: cream and dusky pink (not bright pink just an "antique pink" (is that the right term?))

other colors: green (because nature)

I can totally see Jinger having flowers in her hair, and Jeremy, too , hehe

I just googled: Wedding venue Siloam Springs and up came Cypress Barn which was the venue Sierra had for Jessas's and several other baby showers and other weddings? At least it looks like the barn has been on the show several times.

Edit: Ok, so, I looked it up and Jessa's baby shower was in Holland barn, which is in springdale/rogers

35 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

From the invitation I would think that it's definately a floral theme. My guess on the weddings colors would be:

base colors: cream and dusky pink (not bright pink just an "antique pink" (is that the right term?))

other colors: green (because nature)

I can totally see Jinger having flowers in her hair, and Jeremy, too , hehe

I just googled: Wedding venue Siloam Springs and up came Cypress Barn which was the venue Sierra had for Jessas's and several other baby showers and other weddings? At least it looks like the barn has been on the show several times.

In the last thread, someone caught a FB post from a student from John Brown University saying the ceremony was going to be at the Cathedral of the Ozarks (since there was apparently set up going on all day Friday there). 

2 minutes ago, charmedforsure said:

In the last thread, someone caught a FB post from a student from John Brown University saying the ceremony was going to be at the Cathedral of the Ozarks (since there was apparently set up going on all day Friday there). 

oh ok , is there a venue  , too?

When I think about it: a barn could be too cold during that time of the year

Love the invitation, it's beautiful and such a step up from all the rest of the fundy invites where it's a photo of them and all... blah.

It looks like a regular wedding invitation, so here's hoping for more of a regular wedding rather than the usual Duggar shitfests.

Ok i made it! Lets the snark begin. I read all the last 5page of the old thred and now i'm ready to be live for the wedding :my_biggrin:

11 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

oh ok , is there a venue  , too?

When I think about it: a barn could be too cold during that time of the year

Venue for a reception? Nah. Since the Cathedral has a capacity of up to 1000, I'm placing good money that JinJer's cake and punch (and perhaps a gourmet coffee bar instead of root beer floats or brownie sundaes) reception is parking lot based, and close Duggar acquaintances will be invited down the road to the Duggar compound to celebrate Spurgeon's first birthday (I'm sure Jessa will be banking on people bringing loads of presents for Spurge). Doubling the bet that the Rodriguii aren't invited to Spurgeon's Bday Bash.

If anything, The Cypress Barn might have been used tonight as the space for the Rehearsal Dinner (with Tacos 4 Life catering the shindig...).

On another note, I love the invite. I agree on the too many fonts note, but I really hope that florals play a big role in the wedding... especially if Jinger dons a flower crown with her veil. If we're going on the trend of invites matching the wedding colors theme (which one of my good friends just did, hers were navy and blush), I'll be excited to see Jeremy and the groomsmen in navy suits. 

Any bets on traditional ties vs. bow ties?

3 minutes ago, charmedforsure said:

Any bets on traditional ties vs. bow ties?

my bet would be on traditional ties with flowers on it?

Copied from previous thread (my bold)...

@HerNameIsBuffysaid: But the rescue anteaters better catch on...I think I'm the only one who loves them but how is this not the cutest thing ever?

-------------------------

Well, get 'em trained!  The ferrets have been waiting since last summer for their dang vacation party!

Spoiler

fj party.jpg

Hold on big fella, we don't even know when the audition is being held...

Spoiler

1dkmky.jpg

What about us, we're kind of in the same family as anteaters!

Spoiler

1dkmze.jpg

Spoiler

1dkn6w.jpg

Jill Rod's blog post made it on to the IBTimes article on the upcoming wedding. I bet she's well pleased with the coverage, especially given how they link back to the blog. I guess some of the leghumpers will surely follow through onto the blog as she's described as a "family friend".  http://www.ibtimes.com/jinger-duggar-wedding-update-secrets-plans-teased-family-friends-blog-2441901

49 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

Jill Rod's blog post made it on to the IBTimes article on the upcoming wedding. I bet she's well pleased with the coverage, especially given how they link back to the blog. I guess some of the leghumpers will surely follow through onto the blog as she's described as a "family friend".  http://www.ibtimes.com/jinger-duggar-wedding-update-secrets-plans-teased-family-friends-blog-2441901

So will she be invited to the next Duggar wedding now that she revealed a huge SPOILER ? :P

Ahahhahahha i think that in any case she will be there hoping to can just jump in the middle of the event and show her family. Can you immagin if she will really able to married of nurie to some fundies rock star? 

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/403705554068288888/

These would actually look quite nice for the girls (and they're cheap?) AND Jana wouldn't have had to a load of alterations.

Did we vote on Jeremy and the boys attire?

What colour/type of suit for Jeremy?

Suits for the boys or shirts plus braces or waistcoats?

Little boys in shorts? Hats?

Ties, bowties or cravats?

I vote navy if we're going with invite suits.in a nod to his family he may have a traditional Italian style wedding suit.

I think the boys will be in waistcoats and the littlest boys will have hats.

I think probably ties, possibly cravats, bowties a no unless just the smallest boys.

*Mean Girl mode ON* If she wants to marry off her kids she might need to start feeding them. After all Duggar boys are after fruitful wombs and fertile maiden ... *Mean girl mode OFF*

A Duggar wedding would be such a great thing for Nurie though. Out of the trailer into her own house.

32 minutes ago, danni9242 said:

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/403705554068288888/

These would actually look quite nice for the girls (and they're cheap?) AND Jana wouldn't have had to a load of alterations.

yes, but then how would we have a TV storyline about how NOTHING OUT THERE is modest and how HARD it is for modest people like the Duggars to find nice stuff??

True, and we couldn't have Jana with her 'servant heart' to have nothing to do for her sister's wedding. I mean it's not like she's doing anything else (like raising the younger children and replacing proper support and counselling for Anna).

Just now, ladyaudley said:

yes, but then how would we have a TV storyline about how NOTHING OUT THERE is modest and how HARD it is for modest people like the Duggars to find nice stuff??

Ah the new thread has been made :) I do hope that the pictures we will out there on the world wide web soon. I'm going to be behind my computer all day watching this thread finishing my paper for school.

4 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

Continued from here:

And for anyone not familiar with this really annoying song:

All I can hear is the Glee version of this... Not sure I ever heard the original! Can you tell I've only listened to NPR in the car for 10 years??

1 hour ago, FrumperedCat said:

Oh, this is ALLLLLL we need. Can you imagine how excited Jill is? And technically she didn't give anything away, guys, so she can still pose with the DUGGARS guilt-free! I bet they wouldn't have picked it up if not for us. Let us take a brief moment to mourn our role in this.

44 minutes ago, Finduilas said:

*Mean Girl mode ON* If she wants to marry off her kids she might need to start feeding them. After all Duggar boys are after fruitful wombs and fertile maiden ... *Mean girl mode OFF*

A Duggar wedding would be such a great thing for Nurie though. Out of the trailer into her own house.

One of the few times I can say I have ever thought a life under JB's thumb would be in someone's best interest. Poor Nurie.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived