IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt 4: Dump Truck Baby

samurai_sarah

On 1/13/2017 at 4:06 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

What's more unmanly is that he is only holding a baby and a phone while Pris has both toddlers. Pris looks like the stronger one!

There is no doubt in my mind that Priscilla is the stronger one.  She has to be!

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Poor Paul, you think they would have cut up his fish. That's a mighty big piece for a little boy. 

Carlin got to go? Why did she get picked? 

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carlin got to go? Why did she get picked? 

So she could find an Australian fundie husband? 

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Poor Paul, you think they would have cut up his fish. That's a mighty big piece for a little boy. 

It all looks so happy and innocent.  Fun times as families having fun while eating a fun meal.  No one's planning any brainwashing here, folks!

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

So she could find an Australian fundie husband? 

And there he already is, that older gentleman in a grey suit so boyishly sitting on the grass and looking at smiling Carlin. After Tabitha Paine, I'm only half-joking.

12 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

It all looks so happy and innocent.  Fun times as families having fun while eating a fun meal.  No one's planning any brainwashing here, folks!

This is totally not a cult, I repeat, totally not a cult! :kitty-shifty:

28 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

This is totally not a cult, I repeat, totally not a cult! :kitty-shifty:

I wanted to be a murderino and say "you're in a cult, call your dad!" but sadly her father is one of the heads of the cult. Poor Carlin. 

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Pleas don't think I'm defending what's-his-name (no really WHAT is his name - David?) But your comment just brought back a memory for me. 

When my kids were little like Paul and Davia,  if I cut their food into small bites they would shovel a handful of bites into their mouths and end up looking like stuffed chipmunks as they tried to chew. If I left their food whole, they took appropriate bites. Weird, huh?  I decided leaving things whole was safer since I see danger at every turn and was sure my babies were going to choke at every meal until they were ten. 

Of course I cut grapes and hotdogs and that kind of food.  In fact, I practically minced them because...DANGER!!

At the very least, they're doing some kid friendly activities and feeding the kids properly which is more than you can say for Jill and David when they travel (or when they're at home for that matter). 

58 minutes ago, sta_sha said:

At the very least, they're doing some kid friendly activities and feeding the kids properly which is more than you can say for Jill and David when they travel (or when they're at home for that matter). 

That's because David has a job , as culty the job might be .

1 hour ago, hasunah said:

That's because David has a job , as culty the job might be .

I find plenty to snark on with him, but I believe he'd quickly find a way to support his family if he lost his current job.  Just my opinion (of course), but I don't get a slacker vibe from him.  Other vibes...but not slacker vibes.

Whatever else you can say about them, the Keller sisters' children always appear well-fed, clean, and taken care of. I know that's the very basics of parenting and shouldn't be noteworthy, but .... if you compare them to the Rodrigues and Duggar families, it stands out. 

8 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Whatever else you can say about them, the Keller sisters' children always appear well-fed, clean, and taken care of. I know that's the very basics of parenting and shouldn't be noteworthy, but .... if you compare them to the Rodrigues and Duggar families, it stands out. 

Or in comparison to the Anderson kids!

Damn, I have to say Carlin looks stunning in that picture.

8 hours ago, Evangeline said:

the Keller sisters' children always appear well-fed, clean, and taken care of.

I don't know about Esther's kids. It doesn't sound like those kids are even slightly being taken care of. I keep remembering the picture of on of one of the daughters carrying a heavy baby strapped to her back and it looked painful. Then there is John torturing the youngest girl instead of going to the doctor. And in the pop-up camper they didn't look well taken care of at all. No way any of them are getting an education or proper medical care. 

I wonder how John and David get along. John hates IBLP(probably because they wouldn't give him the position of power he thinks he deserves) and David works for IBLP. I suspect that John saw himself in David's position getting to travel around and speak, but he didn't have the work ethic to get there. 

9 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Yes there was that pic a few months ago of Kenzie and some of the lost girls Jordyn (and I think Jennie) and the difference between Kenzie's clothes and hair and her Aunties'was striking.

I can't speak for Esther's kids though. They're so rarely seen and she may not have the resources to look after them. It's sad that I think Anna did better in the husband department than Esther and Pris got the best husband picked for her. They have a low bar for husbands in that family.

On 1/14/2017 at 2:56 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They definitely need a double stroller and baby carrier for a trip abroad with 3 small kids.

Pictures show they had one at the zoo.

On 12/13/2016 at 9:31 AM, PennySycamore said:

@BackseatMom, the leader of our local chapter of Moms Demanding Action for Gun Sense in America has recently moved back to the US after living on a military base in Germany for some years.  She could not get used to some Americans' love of guns and neither could her kids.  

I'm involved with Moms yay :-)

2 hours ago, imokit said:

They're so rarely seen and she may not have the resources to look after them.

I don't think she does. Esther was really screwed in the married department. On top of caring for a brood of small children, she also has to assist John in whatever his latest scheme is. It always seems like he plans,but she does all the actual work. And she has to deal with his emotional ups and downs where he goes from super excited and bouncing around to unable to get out of bed. Her life must be hell. 

David, for all his faults, does seem to be a hard worker and I think he will provide a stable home, proper medical care and some sort of an education for his kids. 

Yes I will give the Pecan Thief that, he does work and his children always look well cared for. Priscilla does seem to really enjoy them. Even if Davia is constantly unimpressed! Phillip may also be an interesting one for facial expressions!

I hate to stick up for Esther because I think she got the total dud.... But the biggest difference between Esther's family and Anna and Pris's is the amount of children. Anna has 4 and Pris has 3 while Esther has TEN. We are also comparing Them to the andersons (9 children), the rods (12 children), and the Duggars (19 children). 

Basically what we and other fundies should see in all these families is that everything is just hunky dory when they have 3 or 4 kids. I'm guessing that Esther, Jill, Zoo, and Michelle all had decent lives when they only had a few kids. I have a theory that every fundie family's threshold is different but most families cannot handle 10+ children without something being neglected. Which is often education. I have always felt that if these people could change only one view that would benefit their children most, it would be to limit their family size. And the proof is in the families that only have 1-4 children at the moment. 

John Schrader would be a terrible husband regardless. BUT if Esther only had 4 or 5 kids right now, their lives would be so much easier and probably better. And I'm positive the same could be said for Zoo. She seemed to be in her element when she had 5 (I remember reading her blog back then). Now she just sounds overwhelmed and unhappy all the time.

I hate to stick up for Esther because I think she got the total dud.... But the biggest difference between Esther's family and Anna and Pris's is the amount of children. Anna has 4 and Pris has 3 while Esther has TEN. We are also comparing Them to the andersons (9 children), the rods (12 children), and the Duggars (19 children). 
Basically what we and other fundies should see in all these families is that everything is just hunky dory when they have 3 or 4 kids. I'm guessing that Esther, Jill, Zoo, and Michelle all had decent lives when they only had a few kids. I have a theory that every fundie family's threshold is different but most families cannot handle 10+ children without something being neglected. Which is often education. I have always felt that if these people could change only one view that would benefit their children most, it would be to limit their family size. And the proof is in the families that only have 1-4 children at the moment. 
John Schrader would be a terrible husband regardless. BUT if Esther only had 4 or 5 kids right now, their lives would be so much easier and probably better. And I'm positive the same could be said for Zoo. She seemed to be in her element when she had 5 (I remember reading her blog back then). Now she just sounds overwhelmed and unhappy all the time.

Esther really did get the biggest dud but you are right. There is a big difference between 3-4 kids and 10.

I do see a lot of pictures of Esther's kids from .... unnamed sources. Let me be clear: I'm comparing them to other children in quiverful families, not your average kids. Are they getting a good education by our standards? Oh, hell no. That's a given. They couldn't possibly be, because Esther didn't get one herself. However, it's clear to me that the children are at least cared for. Their smiles are genuine, and while their clothes aren't fancy, she's made an effort to clean them and put them in clothes that fit. Contrast that with the Rodrigues kids, where it's obvious that the only consideration is Jill's matchy color themes, and modesty of course. The Anderson kids look sad, and the younger Duggars look feral. If Esther had a decent husband, her kids would likely be close to normal. Whatever success she's had with them is all to her credit. John is clearly not consumed with meeting their needs.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, Palimpsest said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Priscilla is the stronger one.  She has to be!

Most mothers are very strong. Not trying to make this a contest, by any means, but take mine for instance: she's beaten cancer twice (& as a result is dealing with chronic pain thanks to chemo/radiation) & went through the loss of her firstborn child (my brother). Plus she's a VERY stubborn Taurus, so if that doesn't make her strong, not much else will.  ;) 

On 1/16/2017 at 10:20 AM, Carm_88 said:

Esther really did get the biggest dud but you are right. There is a big difference between 3-4 kids and 10.

That is an interesting point. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever seen a family with 10+ kids doing a good job. If you sent your kids to regular school, had live in help (and lots of money) and spaced your brood out as far as you could, maybe.... But 1)that never happens with our fundies and 2) even then it would be extremely difficult to form real relationships with that many kids.

Even my grandfather, who didn't have an abusive childhood, had to drop out of school in 7th grade to help support his family (he was one of 10). Its just logistically too much.

My mom was one of ten kids spread out over 20+ years.  I don't know how far her oldest brother went in school, but her oldest sisters went to nursing school in Nashville.  Helen was the oldest kid, too, born in 1911.   The youngest was born circa 1934.  I know my mom went to stay with that oldest brother and his wife when her baby sister was born.  She was mad when the new dolly she was promised turned out to be her baby sister.  Most of mom's brothers and sisters went to college and they remained close except for one brother.  He was too snooty to hang out much with his siblings and his wife was a horrible woman.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived