Jump to content
IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt 4: Dump Truck Baby


samurai_sarah

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, divadivine said:

Davia is my kind of girl. 

Pris- You want to see the animals? 

Davia- NO! 

Davia... You're my spirit animal. 

 

 

Lol to be fair I think she was saying no to her removing her pacifier. Still they have to be top 5 awkward fundie families. I always liked Priscilla and feel she's like my sister who is naturally sweet. I just really cannot stand how pecan uses her as a tool to become a leader. I really feel if her sister didn't have a reality show, he wouldn't have been interested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, divadivine said:

Davia is my kind of girl. 

Pris- You want to see the animals? 

Davia- NO! 

Davia... You're my spirit animal. 

#FreeDavia. I feel like she could be Free Jinger's Mascot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Priscilla is not slow. She just makes a point to be extra joyful on the videos. She sees being joyful as a duty serve as a light to others IMO.  Also, she is full on beam, glows, and draws everyone to her. I could only hope to act like that all the time!!   I don't know how she does it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Priscilla is not slow. She just makes a point to be extra joyful on the videos. She sees being joyful as a duty serve as a light to others IMO.  Also, she is full on beam, glows, and draws everyone to her. I could only hope to act like that all the time!!   I don't know how she does it.

Well, when Gothard tells you that you need to suppress negative emotions and slap a smile on because he can't jack off to frowny faces, you raise the corners of your mouth as high as you damn well can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robert Staddon's Instagram location now is tagged as "International Alert Academy" so I guess the move to Big Sandy has happened. He and Davy can go cowboying together.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Priscilla is not slow. She just makes a point to be extra joyful on the videos. She sees being joyful as a duty serve as a light to others IMO.  Also, she is full on beam, glows, and draws everyone to her. I could only hope to act like that all the time!!   I don't know how she does it.

How to put this nicely ... then Priscilla needs to work on her presentation skills for those videos.

I wish someone could drop her a gentle hint that an agonized and anxious expression, pop eyes, exaggerated facial grimaces, and squeally baby-talk as she seems to struggle to remember her lines do not convey "extra joyful."

She looks and sounds as though she is addressing a roomful of hostile toddlers armed with AK-47s and about to melt-down in public.

I have a soft spot for Priscilla and I don't doubt that she is a lovely person.  However, all that beaming joy you describe would be very irritating for me to be around for long.  Especially knowing what we do about IBLP/ATI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

How to put this nicely ... then Priscilla needs to work on her presentation skills for those videos.

I wish someone could drop her a gentle hint that an agonized and anxious expression, pop eyes, exaggerated facial grimaces, and squeally baby-talk as she seems to struggle to remember her lines do not convey "extra joyful."

She looks and sounds as though she is addressing a roomful of hostile toddlers armed with AK-47s and about to melt-down in public.

I have a soft spot for Priscilla and I don't doubt that she is a lovely person.  However, all that beaming joy you describe would be very irritating for me to be around for long.  Especially knowing what we do about IBLP/ATI.

         You don't 'get it' because you are not fundie. She is like a fundie dog whistle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think she is slow, I think that she just is trying too hard to live up to the expectation that she will be this "perfect" fundie wife. This whole thing isn't natural to her and it comes through on the videos. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To clarify the above, I don't think she is slow either.  I think she's under-educated.  And that she isn't good at public speaking.  Having a slight speech impediment (I have one too) isn't an indication of being slow either.

Always keeping sweet, being "joyful" and at "full on beam" when you are at the top of the hierarchy at ATI and pushed to the fore must be quite a strain too.  Not to mention, the Pecans should be better informed than most about all the IBLP scandals, to say nothing of what Anna has been dealing with.

Priscilla in joy mode is another advertisement for IBLP/ATI.  I think we should remember that  even if we think she is a nice person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

To clarify the above, I don't think she is slow either.  I think she's under-educated.  And that she isn't good at public speaking.  Having a slight speech impediment (I have one too) isn't an indication of being slow either.

Always keeping sweet, being "joyful" and at "full on beam" when you are at the top of the hierarchy at ATI and pushed to the fore must be quite a strain too.  Not to mention, the Pecans should be better informed than most about all the IBLP scandals, to say nothing of what Anna has been dealing with.

Priscilla in joy mode is another advertisement for IBLP/ATI.  I think we should remember that  even if we think she is a nice person.

The part I bolded makes an excellent point. We don't really know if Priss is doing her best to survive under an unreasonable master, or if she is an eager co-pilot, joyfully spreading her faith to the masses. What we do know is that her whole life is a walking advertisement for a nasty, hateful religion. Let's not give her a complete pass. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31.10.2016 at 10:08 AM, luv2laugh said:

Priscilla is not slow. She just makes a point to be extra joyful on the videos. She sees being joyful as a duty serve as a light to others IMO.  Also, she is full on beam, glows, and draws everyone to her. I could only hope to act like that all the time!!   I don't know how she does it.

I understand that you're trying to 'defend' Pris a little bit since you know (and like) her personally. However, knowing what we do about ATI/IBLP, I don't understand how you can in all earnest wish to be/act like her. She acts like that because she is expected to act like that; because she is not allowed to express any emotion besides joy; because she has been trained like a dog to not even FEEL (let alone show) anything besides joy. That is not healthy. No person should wish to be like that. I pity her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2016 at 8:45 PM, Carm_88 said:

#FreeDavia. I feel like she could be Free Jinger's Mascot.

It was even better than that, if you count the action with the pacifier.

Priscilla chats happily with Paul, who seems like a good-natured, goofy kid who believes what his mother says. Then she moves on to Davia.

Priscilla [yanking pacifier out of Davia's mouth without warning or explanation]: "Do you want to see animals?"

Davia: [coldly, staring off in the opposite direction]:  "No."

Priscilla: "Yes!. .. . " [yammers on about Noah's ark. Davia remains silent.]

Davia: [still looking away, cooly reaches for pacifier cord, locates pacifier, and pops it back in her mouth. Never looks at her mother.]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Somewhere here, years back, I saw some video footage of her chatting with Anna in the background of someone else's presentation. When she wasn't in "presentation" mode, she sounded like a normal human being. Wish I could dig this one up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Lurky said:

@Hisey Now I'm imagining Davia as Maggie Simpson...

I'm not saying anyone should shoot anyone but.... this made me think of Davia shooting a certain nasty old man in their lives just like Maggie shot mister Burns....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm not saying anyone should shoot anyone but.... this made me think of Davia shooting a certain nasty old man in their lives just like Maggie shot mister Burns....

If it fits, it fits. #FreeDavia ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:17 PM, HereticHick said:

Robert Staddon's Instagram location now is tagged as "International Alert Academy" so I guess the move to Big Sandy has happened. He and Davy can go cowboying together.

 

Those kids are cute.

#FreeDavia #FreeSauntina #FreeMerilee #FreeTheKittens

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding Pris, she's been raised to keep sweet and behave / speak in a certain manner just like many other fundie women, J'chelle's baby voice is an example.  I have no idea if there are any other issues but unfortunately her particular mannerisms, as she has adopted them, has people wondering if there are.  I also think she's much more uncomfortable doing those videos which puts more pressure on her as she tries to recite her lines and "act" the way PT wants her too.   Personally I think PT is waaayyy into these videos and has no idea that his wife perhaps doesn't have the affinity for "acting" in them.  That's not a criticism or a flaw, not everybody has the ability to act, but it seems that is what he is expecting his wife to do, even if it comes more naturally to him.    Maybe that's why it seems so fake, maybe off screen, so to speak, things are more natural.   

However, I have said it before, PT strikes me as someone who happily skips along his merry way, thinking everything he does is godly somehow, that everyone is going to be A-OK with whatever he decides, with no concern over what it does to others, including his wife and family.  Actually the whole Pecan Heist showed a lot of what Davey is about.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just saw they have a new boy named Philip. Davia looks like she is ready to slug someone in  one photo. I imagine she's already doing chores for Mommy--and not in the fun way all little kids like to help.

Robert & Davy at home on the range.....or the irony.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I just saw they have a new boy named Philip. Davia looks like she is ready to slug someone in  one photo. I imagine she's already doing chores for Mommy--and not in the fun way all little kids like to help.

Robert & Davy at home on the range.....or the irony.

 

Well I doubt very much that TFDW is doing anything. Not now that his BFF is in town, no no! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Trending Content

  • Recent Status Updates

    • 47of74

      47of74

      So angry right now.  If I could return to Luxembourg tomorrow and renounce my citizenship in this stinking shitpile of a country I would.
      · 0 replies
    • PennySycamore

      PennySycamore

      My niece is going to be a seat filler at this year's Academy Awards.  Seat fillers are asked to wear tuxedos regardless of sex/gender.  If you see a pretty young woman with very curly hair, it could be my niece. 
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah, that's me.  Though to be fair I am trying to learn Italian and Spanish.

      · 0 replies
    • Kiki03910

      Kiki03910

      IT'S BASEBALL SEASON!!!!!
      ⚾❣️
      · 4 replies
    • mango_fandango

      mango_fandango

      It’s not supposed to be mosquito season right now but I still appear to have been bitten twice on the side of my foot. Bastards. I know I shouldn’t scratch but it’s so tempting… 😑
      · 0 replies
    • Therapy Outside the Box

      Therapy Outside the Box

      Hello,
       
      I'm brand new to this forum. It was suggested to me by former and outspoken Remnant Fellowship member (Natasha Pavlovich) that I join this forum and put out here what I do. She also warned me that no one on here trusts, or trusts easily, and that I'd likely be assumed to be a Remnant plant or spy until vetted and verified as not that. Fair enough. 
      In short, and in truth, I'm a psychotherapist with 25 yrs experience in Franklin TN (less than three miles from RF incidentally) with a special interest in working with people formerly associated with cults, cult-like or any and all high control intitutions. I'm especially interested in working with those desiring not only deconstruct, recover and learn to thrive post-indoctrination, but those desiring to recapture or cultivate an authentic sense of theology without walls, or spirituality with borders. 
      To date, I've worked with former Amish, Mennonite, LDS/FLDS, FOG, and a those representing a whole slew of evangelical, fire and brimstone fear/shame/guilt-inducing institutions.
      I am especially interested in working with former Remnant Fellowship and Scientology members. I view RF as basically Scientology without the budget. 
      I'll leave it there. Much more can be gleaned about me through my website: therapyoutsidethebox.com or IG: @ therapyoutsidethebox
       
      Peace,
       
      Chris Hancock, LCSW
      Franklin, TN

      · 3 replies
    • Kiki03910

      Kiki03910

      I have a friend with untreated autism and ADHD. I've tried so fucking hard to help. He refuses. It's a mess. I'm really really tired.
      · 0 replies
    • Kiki03910

      Kiki03910

      Making Jill Duggar's brownie recipe because why not stay up late.
      · 2 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Party on aisle 15....

      Also no interest if fully paid in so many months.
      · 0 replies
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      Happy Supper Bowel Sunday!!  No, wait. That isn't right...
      Anyway, enjoy the game (or the half time show, or the ads)!
      And a very happy Sunday to everyone who doesn't care about the NFL! 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.