IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt 4: Dump Truck Baby

samurai_sarah

5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Well that post is a hot mess. 

So precise with the time, though. Not 24 hours, not 48...but 25.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Loveday, maybe TFDW somehow has 25 hours in his day?

Just another reason he's so fabulous. :pb_lol:

43 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

He has to be better than us mere mortals! 

I wish that the Lord would send David a thesaurus and burden him to use it.

And I'd like to know what was going on during those 25 hours...that they counted.

'this is my twin sister pricilla"... "and this is my twin brother david"..." and we like to dress alike and tickel each other"

5 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

What kind of education are those children going to get?

The same kind that David and Priscilla received...SOTDRT

21 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

If they weren't so defrauding, I'd say then that his favorite song is by the Beatles: "Eight Days A Week"

On 1/9/2017 at 10:09 PM, Carm_88 said:

Well David didn't say fun as a family. So that's a start. Who are the Shipman's? 

Don't know if this has been addressed but can some of those manly men hammer the damn siding back in before it gets blown off?

6 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Don't know if this has been addressed but can some of those manly men hammer the damn siding back in before it gets blown off?

No but they were on ladders after that picture to fix the house, so I'm sure Priscilla did! :) 

On 2/16/2017 at 10:07 AM, Loveday said:

So precise with the time, though. Not 24 hours, not 48...but 25.

So is there something wrong with my marriage when we both have gone away on our own?  Hubby works at a music festival for four days every summer and I've gone away on long weekends with a friend on a "mommy's weekend"?  

On 2/16/2017 at 0:30 PM, Dandruff said:

I wish that the Lord would send David a thesaurus and burden him to use it.

And I'd like to know what was going on during those 25 hours...that they counted.

Was that a consecutive 25 hours or  25 hours spread out over their entire marriage? 

7 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

So is there something wrong with my marriage when we both have gone away on our own?  Hubby works at a music festival for four days every summer and I've gone away on long weekends with a friend on a "mommy's weekend"?  

Was that a consecutive 25 hours or  25 hours spread out over their entire marriage? 

Probably 25 consecutive hours of texting.

Of course I am divorced so that can be held against me, but when I was married and we liked each other, we went on separate vacations regularly. He had grown kids in two separate states. He liked long Harley trips and I didn't. He had several weeks more vacation time than I ever did plus company shut down over the holidays. 

He went to see his kids (I did go sometimes, but given my fewer week's vacation it wasn't always my vacation choice of the year), he went on bike trips with his riding buddies. I went to visit my best friend in Florida. I went to see family in Texas. 

We had our vacations together each year, but we always had separate ones too. 

And most in the days before cell phones so there was no texting and little calling each other. 

We also both had full time jobs so we were apart 10 hours a day, 5 days a week.

We managed and our marriage didn't fall apart. It actually began falling apart when we began spending far too much time together due to first his unemployment then his underemployment, but that's not really the point. When we liked each other and vacationed separately, we were good. We both liked our time alone while the other was gone, we both liked being able to do what we wanted without worrying about the uninterested spouse tagging along because they had to - - we'd have divorced the first year if I'd have had to go on the 10 day bike trip, if we survived it. They system actually worked quite well. 

I suppose it's some badge of honor or something when couples say they've never spent a night apart, or more than 25 hours apart. 

Whatever floats a boat, I guess. What works for one couple doesn't necessarily work for others. But seriously, I loved - and liked-my ex a hell of a lot more when we were secure enough in our relationship to be apart. 

I just always remember that scene in the book (the movie doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned) Ella Enchanted, where Lucinda the fairy gives a newlywed couple the "gift" of never being apart, which they see as a horrible curse, since they can never just go to separate places to cool off after a fight, or do something that they want to do that their spouse doesn't.

Though since neither David nor Priscilla have ever been encouraged to cultivate independent, distinct identities, maybe just being some weird fused-at-the-hip Priscavid that never parts from each other works out for them.

On February 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Carm_88 said:

Well that post is a hot mess. 

Just me, or anyone else jealous of how good Priscilla looks at a usually very unflattering angle?!

1 hour ago, Odd1Out said:

Just me, or anyone else jealous of how good Priscilla looks at a usually very unflattering angle?!

She does seem to be thriving in the company of Pecan...which makes me wonder, but does not inspire jealousy.

On 2/16/2017 at 2:54 PM, MayMay1123 said:

'this is my twin sister pricilla"... "and this is my twin brother david"..." and we like to dress alike and tickel each other"

Now that's an image I didn't need in my head. :pb_lol:

But seriously, off to find the :brainbleach:

My husband and I don't even currently live on the same continent. :pb_lol: We've gone several times without seeing each other for up to four months at a time. It's not ideal, but I would also go stir crazy if we were attached at the hip like some of these fundie couples. And our marriage is just fine. :)

8 hours ago, Dandruff said:

She does seem to be thriving in the company of Pecan...which makes me wonder, but does not inspire jealousy.

I think of him in contrast to Derick. He might drag her to places while she's near-term pregnant or wrangling three very young children, but at least the places they go are pretty well-developed and kind of familiar (Australia is a lot more familiar culturally and linguistically than El Salvador). Unlike Derick, he doesn't seem like a miserable person who sucks the fun out of everything and always seems angry and bitter. As kinda dim and odd/creepy as David seems to be, he does seem to be a fairly cheerful, enthusiastic guy, and Priscilla is a very cheerful, smiley person too. That makes a big difference, I think. He and Derick are both creepy and kinda controlling in an unnerving way, but I'd take TFDW over Man-Bun Missionary any day.

25 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

at least the places they go are pretty well-developed and kind of familiar (Australia is a lot more familiar culturally and linguistically than El Salvador).

Snipped.

Yes, we are pretty well developed down here. ;) 

31 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I think of him in contrast to Derick. He might drag her to places while she's near-term pregnant or wrangling three very young children, but at least the places they go are pretty well-developed and kind of familiar (Australia is a lot more familiar culturally and linguistically than El Salvador). Unlike Derick, he doesn't seem like a miserable person who sucks the fun out of everything and always seems angry and bitter. As kinda dim and odd/creepy as David seems to be, he does seem to be a fairly cheerful, enthusiastic guy, and Priscilla is a very cheerful, smiley person too. That makes a big difference, I think. He and Derick are both creepy and kinda controlling in an unnerving way, but I'd take TFDW over Man-Bun Missionary any day.

I can definitely see where you're coming from and am with you on most of this - but I really don't get cheery from him. I get strained, rigid, and forced, like he holds in a lot of his emotions and can barely hide his contempt for Priscilla as he fake smiles and recites his lines. Could be wrong, but that's been my impression for a long while now. 

My husband and I haven't taken separate vacations but he travels for work several times a year.  He's leaving in a couple days for 3 days and I'm excited.  One less person to feed, one less variable to consider.  I love him but I'm excited to be in charge of the daily schedule without having to take him into account.  I'm gleefully planning on eating something for dinner that he hates and then going to bed early.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived