IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt 4: Dump Truck Baby

samurai_sarah

18 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

Just me, or anyone else jealous of how good Priscilla looks at a usually very unflattering angle?!

I am! I'd have about 12 chins.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm one of those people that has to have some time alone in the house everyday.  I'm retired and hubs still works part time.  His boss, joking: "So we're adult day care?"  

21 hours ago, JMO said:

My husband and I haven't taken separate vacations but he travels for work several times a year.  He's leaving in a couple days for 3 days and I'm excited.  One less person to feed, one less variable to consider.  I love him but I'm excited to be in charge of the daily schedule without having to take him into account.  I'm gleefully planning on eating something for dinner that he hates and then going to bed early.  

This a million times! My hubs doesn't travel much but when he does, as you said, 1 less variable.  

I go on quilt retreat each year, my husband goes hunting and during the summer he (teaches) he will take the kids down to the lake or his mom's for a couple days without me. I like a couple days of no one else's schedule but my own!

This year it will be 17 years of marriage  (19 together), I would have gone mad if we only spend 25 hours away from each other every 5 years! (We also work full time so that is another 9 or so hours apart each day.)

On 2/21/2017 at 4:26 AM, JillyO said:

My husband and I don't even currently live on the same continent. :pb_lol: We've gone several times without seeing each other for up to four months at a time. It's not ideal, but I would also go stir crazy if we were attached at the hip like some of these fundie couples. And our marriage is just fine. :)

This points out to me how anti-military these Gothardites are--since they don't serve in the military, they can't fathom having a spouse away from them. I grew up military, and separation is a fact of life. Now, my husband travels a lot for work--and my military family background really helped me deal with that--and actually embrace it.

On the other hand, my in-laws never spent more than 1 night apart, for 50 years (and my MIL law had never lived alone when single). When my father in law died, it was really hard on my MIL. Actually, I would say she's never really recovered from the shock.

My husband and I spend a lot of time together. Probably more than most fundies. But it works for us. I have friends that say they couldn't handle spending that much time with their spouse without strangling them.  

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

[snip]

On the other hand, my in-laws never spent more than 1 night apart, for 50 years (and my MIL law had never lived alone when single). When my father in law died, it was really hard on my MIL. Actually, I would say she's never really recovered from the shock.

still

THIS! My MIL is THIS PERSON! My FIL passed 10 years ago now, and she still cries for him daily. 

My hubby and I are on almost polar opposite schedules. I mostly see him...asleep. Not to mention, he works weekends. So, I see him for a couple hours while he gets ready for work on Saturday and Sunday, and because I have a fairly flexible schedule, I have Mondays off so we can spend a little quality time together, even if it's just runing errands. I'd like to spend a LITtLE more time with him, but it is what it is; he hated the 5:30-2 shift and did something about it. 

DavidLovesPriscilla03-225x300.jpg

This picture strikes me as quite funny because I imagine when it was done, Priscilla was back to wearing Phillip and pushing the other two while David took selfies. :pb_rollseyes:

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:20 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband and I spend a lot of time together. Probably more than most fundies. But it works for us. I have friends that say they couldn't handle spending that much time with their spouse without strangling them.  

Grampwych and I are retired.  We went from him working 3rd shift, me 2nd + every weekend for at least 2 years, every other weekend otherwise.  We used to joke that we were "2 ships in the night" but it worked for us.  I was never afraid to be home alone at night, and my parents and siblings were horrified.  Really, most couples don't need to be joined at the hip most of the time.

39 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Really, most couples don't need to be joined at the hip most of the time.

Unless you are JillyMuffin and Dreck. I'm still feeling secondhand embarrassment for her when they'd show her driving him to and from work every day and her meeting him for lunch. I know it's gotta be tough to go from dozens of people around to a large and silent home, but get a life. Even taking up the task of decorating your living room or bedroom. Or volunteer. Do something! Unfortunately it doesn't seem like she's matured from then.

On 2/24/2017 at 11:13 PM, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Unless you are JillyMuffin and Dreck. I'm still feeling secondhand embarrassment for her when they'd show her driving him to and from work every day and her meeting him for lunch. I know it's gotta be tough to go from dozens of people around to a large and silent home, but get a life. Even taking up the task of decorating your living room or bedroom. Or volunteer. Do something! Unfortunately it doesn't seem like she's matured from then.

I just thought Jill would spend her days at the TTH when Derrick was at work. There is always plenty to do in that house and the little kids were probably always happy to see her. It was so sad that she would drive to see Derrick for lunch but I guess that's what you do when you are finally able to spend some alone time with your significant other. If they had had a normal dating relationship and marriage, I bet Jill wouldn't have been so physically attached to him. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting worried. It had been nearly a month since we had heard from the Pecan Thieves. They are in Florida and Davia is still not pleased. :D 

10 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I was getting worried. It had been nearly a month since we had heard from the Pecan Thieves. They are in Florida and Davia is still not pleased. :D 

David, true to form, is grabbing the phone and Bible, leaving Priscilla to wrangle Davia and Phillip. #Shecarriedthemforninemonthsitsyourturnnow #putdownthephoneandhelp #stillallaboutyouisn'tit

(Those are the first hashtags I've created)

"...as a #family"

(just in case you didn't realise they're a #FAMILY)

The day when they break Davia, when she loses her beautiful and expressive tendencies and instead begins to keep sweet for the camera, that day will break my heart. 

And that day is coming.  They have been gifted an amazingly unique and special child to raise, and instead of being grateful to have such a bright, singular light in their family, they will break her and dull her and overwork her until she's a generic fundie daughter. 

My prayer is that Davia, no matter how many fake smiles she gives to the camera, never stops making her stank face on the inside.  Because you're FUCKING RIGHT, Davia. This is garbage that you NEVER signed up for!

26 minutes ago, Loveday said:

"...as a #family"

I don't know what kind of morons he's writing for, but the photo of his #family together in Florida is a pretty good clue by itself.

He neglected to mention #fun, though.  What's up Davey?

The older kids look like they're dressed up for Easter already.  The baby is nearly invisible, being covered up with blankets.

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

David, true to form, is grabbing the phone and Bible, leaving Priscilla to wrangle Davia and Phillip.

David has his arm through the handle of the car-seat. To me it seems like Priscilla's grip is too loose to be supporting any of Phillip's weight.

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

David has his arm through the handle of the car-seat. To me it seems like Priscilla's grip is too loose to be supporting any of Phillip's weight.

Whew, I missed that. Thank you. I feel better. 

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I don't know what kind of morons he's writing for, but the photo of his #family together in Florida is a pretty good clue by itself.

He neglected to mention #fun, though.  What's up Davey?

He wants to make sure nobody mistakes them for one of those heathen social units where the parents aren't married, thereby #livinginsin and having #bastardbabies. Jesus forbid!!!

8 hours ago, Loveday said:

"...as a #family"

Well, I definitely would have assumed they were #family of some sort. But my first guess probably would have been opposite-sex identical twins somehow, like Phil and Lil of Rugrats.

Pretty sure no one has EVER seen this #family and thought, "Oh look, an assortment of unrelated persons. Probably just met at a hair gel convention or something."

Oy, Pecan Thief!  Watch this!

(Warning: don't click if you hate the purple dinosaur as much as I do or need an earworm)

13 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

phillip? hey? you in there baby? you okay? can you breathe? put up one middle finger if you need help...and...you go Davia, wit your badass self! don't ever change lil one!

Generally I'm not big on little kids, but I do love Davia's expressions. She sort of reminds me of the great cartoon character Daria, who, when asked why she didn't smile for pictures, said, "I only like to smile when I have a reason." I hope they never break Davia's spirit.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived